Syntax forgiveness? [added]

Have an idea to improve the Loot Divider?
Share it here for consideration!
Post Reply
scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Syntax forgiveness? [added]

Post by scarymike23 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:18 am

This is just a suggestion.

It would be great if the syntax was a little more forgiving. Example:

longsword [1,keen,cold iron] is correct.

however, I often (while quickly typing as my DM is rattling off loot) type something like this:
longsword [1, keen, cold iron] which won't work, as it doesn't like spaces after the commas.

also, is it possible to have it "pop up" suggestions when typing item? Like I type "Sc" and it starts showing me all the items that start with Sc below (like google search suggestions do). I recognizing this might be asking for a lot out of excel, so once again, I'm just making a suggestion.

Thanks for all your hard work, I love the loot divider!
-Mike
-SM

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Syntax forgiveness?

Post by Duniagdra » Mon May 24, 2010 11:53 am

This sounds like a lost of VBA, which the Loot Divider is meant to steer clear from so it's compatible with other spreadsheets.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Syntax forgiveness?

Post by admin » Mon May 24, 2010 12:44 pm

scarymike23 wrote:This is just a suggestion.

It would be great if the syntax was a little more forgiving. Example:

longsword [1,keen,cold iron] is correct.

however, I often (while quickly typing as my DM is rattling off loot) type something like this:
longsword [1, keen, cold iron] which won't work, as it doesn't like spaces after the commas.
A most excellent idea!!!!
I've modified the LD to be more forgiving for leading/trailing spaces:
Ex: This won't cause any problems -> dagger [1, bane , keen , frost , flaming , holy ]
This will be available in the next update! Excellent suggestion! thank you!
scarymike23 wrote:also, is it possible to have it "pop up" suggestions when typing item? Like I type "Sc" and it starts showing me all the items that start with Sc below (like google search suggestions do). I recognizing this might be asking for a lot out of excel, so once again, I'm just making a suggestion.
I'd like that as well, but the combo boxes are under the control of Excel (I'm not sure this is even possible in VBA). As a work around, I posted this trick to get to items faster...
scarymike23 wrote:Thanks for all your hard work, I love the loot divider!
-Mike
If you really want to thank me, just let others know about it by writing a review for it on sites like paizo or dtrpg!

Thanks!!
admin

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Syntax forgiveness?

Post by scarymike23 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:47 pm

admin wrote: A most excellent idea!!!!
I've modified the LD to be more forgiving for leading/trailing spaces:
Ex: This won't cause any problems -> dagger [1, bane , keen , frost , flaming , holy ]
This will be available in the next update! Excellent suggestion! thank you!
Sweet, thanks!
admin wrote: If you really want to thank me, just let others know about it by writing a review for it on sites like paizo or dtrpg!

Thanks!!
admin
I already wrote a review on Paizo, and dtrpg won't allow you to write a review without a purchase first. But I have been spreading the word among my gamer friends. :)

Thanks again,
-Mike
-SM

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Syntax forgiveness?

Post by admin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 pm

scarymike23 wrote:also, is it possible to have it "pop up" suggestions when typing item? Like I type "Sc" and it starts showing me all the items that start with Sc below (like google search suggestions do). I recognizing this might be asking for a lot out of excel, so once again, I'm just making a suggestion.
As I mentioned previously, this is actually handled by Excel itself - which it is not doing/allowing as far as I know.
BUT!
The next update of the LD will feature a Quick Pick button to help you select items faster - provided you are using the 32 bits version of Excel.
admin

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: Syntax forgiveness?

Post by scarymike23 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm

looking forward to it.
-SM

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Syntax forgiveness?

Post by admin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:56 pm

scarymike23 wrote:looking forward to it.
The update was posted 3 days ago...
As a Contributor, you can download it in the Contributor section!

admin

Post Reply

Return to “Suggestion Box”