PBP - Let there Be Light

All the Gods except two have left the Realm, as well as all the Metalic Dragons. Will you help the Headmaster bring them back to save the Realm?
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: PBP - Let there Be Light

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Koshka84 wrote:Tsura remained quiet for most of the discussion, feeling a little out of place after just being dropped into the group. She knows her opinions might not mean much until proving herself to the group. As the debate for leaving this night arises versus the morning she chimes in, her voice firm so as to be heard by the entire group.

[talk]I know traveling at night might not bother me as darkness has never been a problem, so I would not be against leaving immediately. However it has been a long day of change for myself and Frank, and I do not know how long you all have been awake either. I would have to agree the urgency is great but having a good nights rest before leaving will make us more alert. It would due no good to our cause if we are taken by suprize in the night because of exhaustion. I would gladly accept your offer to dinner, but would also request your permission to leave the feast early in order to be rested in the morning for our departure. Would you all be willing to at least agree to leave at day break?[/talk]

Her eyes would turn to the group for the last request. Hoping her suggestion would be a good compromise from the argument of leaving after the feast but a little earlier then full morning, hitting the road at dawns cusp while the city sleeps.
[talk]Yes. I think it best that we do turn in early tonight and get an early start in the morning. As for dinner, I thank you for the invite and I shall attend, but expect that I will turn in after eating.[/talk]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:18 am

Melphos realizes he did not make his suggestion clear [talk]"Of course, we should leave in the morning after we have rested not now. I agree we should eat a good, quick meal and then rest. And be off early in the morning."[/talk] He then goes on to mumble something about leadership and what the gods can do with choosing him to be a leader, but you really cannot understand all of it as he slips back and forth between a language you can understand and his native tongue. If it were possible for Frank to blush, you might seem him do so when Melphos is chittering in his native language.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:05 pm

[talk]I will gladly give you the horses and such but if you wish all the stuff you asked for i will not have ready till mid day meal. i hope that is ok. Tonight might also help you gain passage and not have her people kill you. It is the Queen that will be attending with us.[/talk]

You head a loud Gong from someplace in the palace.

[talk]Oh the dressing gong. im sure your Translate will gladly help you Dress for tonight's dinner. i will see you are dinner in 30 min time.[/talk]with that he will get up and move to a wall and push it aside and in will walk each of your translator. they will each take you back to your building where you see kamonos all set out for each of you. If you need help they will enter showing no monodist helping you dress. Then after about 20 minuets you are led too the pavilion there are servants are setting up. there are a few walking around with trays with very small cups with a clear liquid also a few walking around with champion flukes. Slowly people start filling into the pavilion and the Emperor will enter with another male on his arm everyone bows too him.

out of the water will a female will slither out and legs will form where the snake body was. then a male fallows suit but his body des not form legs.

[talk]Welcome Guest You queen and your consert. i welcome you. i would like to introduce you to my other spiracle guest from the Contestant of Meerk. THey are here on a Visit.[/talk]

The Naga look at you then him and you can see concern on there face

[talk]Please do not worry they are here not from the Evil King that tried to take over here many years ago but here to stop them.[/talk]He will intorduce each of you and there name is Queen Nefra and her Concert Sisterl. The emperor will introduce you to his Husband Trem. Staff will be walking around with trasy with Sushi and such alla round. You do notice that the Floor is also clear and you see a few naga swimming around.

In common [talk]Welcome guesssst i am happy to meet you all. i have heard of the warssss from your landsssss. may i asssssk what you are doing her[/talk]

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 am

Melphos will bow awkwardly and then explain why we are in the best manner he can. You can tell in his voice he is a bit nervous as he is not talking to royalty.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Melphos will bow awkwardly and then explain why we are in the best manner he can. You can tell in his voice he is a bit nervous as he is not talking to royalty.
The Queen will look at the nervous Melphos [talk]Relaxssss young one. please have you and your Group pleassss tell me assss Much assss you can of your adventruessss i am ssssure we all would be thrilled to hear of them. If this is ok My Gracesssss[/talk]SHe will Turn to the Emperor who will user everyone to there assigned seating. [talk]I know not much about your landsssss and wish to hear all about it.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Treavor has not thought about his home for a long time, and after some though turns to Queen Nefra, bows and goes on to describe his home land
[talk]I come from an ancient woodland far removed from these lands were elves dominate the land and magic is an as common as leafs on the trees. The lands are surrounded by mountains, and within are massive trees that some say are as old as the mountains that surround the land. He also describes how the unwary travelers can fall victim to Treants, who prefer to watch potential foes carefully before attacking. They often charge suddenly from cover to trample the despoilers of forests. If sorely pressed, they animate trees as reinforcements.[/talk] Treavor goes on for several minutes describing some of the strange flora and fauna before becoming quite again as he strokes his great cat behind his ears.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 pm

[talk]What are thessssse Trantsssssss that you sssspeak of. Alsssso what isssss an Elf. Whatssss the kind of magicssssss do you ussssse. We have found a way tooo harnesssss magical energysssss in peralssssss. If not in inconvenent with the Lord of the land i would kudxh lije to sssssse how you cwssssstnthe above magic. We would alsssssso sssssshnyou owsssssss[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Treavor thinks for a moment and goes on to describe in detail what a Treant is[talk]A is a huge inteligent plant. There leaves are deep green in the spring and summer. In the fall and winter there leaves change to yellow, orange, or red, but they rarely fall out. They are like no ordinary tree, they can move some 30 feet in the time it would take you to draw your sword, they are very territory, and will attack you if they feel you are harming there trees. They can be over 30 feet tall and weigh over 4,000 pounds. They speak their own language and common too.[/talk] asking one of the servants bring him something to draw with and to write on. Treavor then draws a picture and hands it to the queen. [talk]This is a Treant[/talk]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Moe Human/Rogue

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 pm

[talk]Thessss Trantssss ssssound very intressting. can they be captured and transsssplacted to any woodssssss. Maybe even Barter. we could ussssse gardienssss like thessssse in our wood. PLeassssse all of you tell me more pleasssse.[/talk]the whole dinner party seems fixasted on you.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Trevor continues to draw while the queen is looking at the picture he has handed her. After some time he hands her two more pictures and begins to describe what he knows of elves... [talk]Of the elf race the most common I know of is the Woodland Elf. Their hair color ranges from yellow to a coppery red, and they are more muscular than other elves. Their clothing is in dark shades of green and earth tones to better blend in with their natural surroundings. They tend to average about 5 feet tall and typically weigh just over 100 pounds. Of course they speak Elven and most also know Common and Sylvan. Most elves encountered outside their homes are warriors and not to be trifled with; Elves are cautious warriors and take time to analyze their opponents and the location of the fight if at all possible, maximizing their advantage by using ambushes, snipers, and camouflage. They prefer to fire from cover and retreat before they are found, repeating this maneuver until all of their enemies are dead. They prefer longbows, shortbows, rapiers, and longswords. In melee, elves are graceful and deadly, using complex maneuvers that are beautiful to observe. Their wizards often use sleep spells during combat because these won’t affect other elves.
I have heard that there are other elfish races, Aquatic Elves, also called sea elves water breathing cousins to land-dwelling elves. But the strangest of the elven races I have heard of is the Drow. I have never met one and I can say I don't care to from what I heard they are depraved and evil subterranean offshoot of elves.[/talk]
Elf warrior.jpg
Trevor hands over first a picture of an elven Warrior and then a picture of a Drow, commenting about the picture of the Drow... [talk]I have never met a Drow and am drawing this picture from memory of a picture shown to me many years ago.[/talk] Not commenting to anyone in particular, but Trevor’s gaze does falls on Tsura. [talk]May it be that some of my friends have encountered the Drow?[/talk]
Drow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Matrim seems to be almost dumbstruck at seeing the naga. His hands constantly reach for where his weapons would be. [ooc]Sorry for the prolonged absence, things have been quite hectic at home lately.[/ooc]

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:09 am

[talk]Thank you Trever. We have elvessss here but not thessessss Drow that you sssssspeak of. what of you to.[/talk]Pointing too Ulyok and Tsura [talk]what are thessssessss creaturessss that you have at your sssside, are they your sssssserventssssss.[/talk]you notive that each of you have a small woodent thin block put inftront of you with sushi on it.

Koshka84
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Koshka84 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 am

Tsura watched the Naga carefully as they moved; having never seen one of these creatures before they intrigued her, almost mesmerized. It was not until she heard her name spoken by Trevor that her eyes would shift, realizing she had been staring pretty intensely at the woman he was speaking to. Her eyes fluttered to the drawing of the drow, almost letting a hiss escape her teeth at the image. She knew the drow well; they raided her village regularly with their spiders and poisons. They had not liked her people when they made home in their underworld.

[talk]Drow…yes you could say I know of them.[/talk] She would respond to Trevor. As she moved to speak more them the words of the Naga would halt her. THINKING: Servants... she thought, almost letting loose an outright laugh, but instead only a small snort at the concept. She would clear her throat before speaking again, addressing the Naga.

[talk]Far from that, we are friends; at least I hope to become their friend. As of now we travel with a singular purpose, the details I am afraid must remain with us for the safety of our mission. These drow that Trevor speaks of however, I can enlighten you on. They are not a friendly society, quite hostile in fact. They roam the dark underworld I come from, deep caves beneath the surface of this world. As far as I can tell they do not take well to strangers in their territory, strangers that are peaceful or hostile. Some ride giant spiders that could easily take down a horse in speed and ferocity. They not only take you by stealth and shadows but also by the poison upon their blades and arrows. They seem to also keep company of Driders, fearsome things with the upper body of humans and the lower body of a spider. I fear I do not know their origin, but I do not know it is fruitless to send embassy. We tried many times to make peace with these people, and none returned, and search parties only found death when we sought to recover them. If Trevor would not mind…[/talk]

Tsura would reach to borrow his paper and charcoal to create an image of the drow, nodding her thanks as she began to sketch.
[talk]It is hard to describe where I come from, a picture will suffice nicely. We have found the deepest of these thickets is where the drow prefer, we assume they use the black head fungus for some of their poison which grows thickest around the deep lakes. Food is scarce in my land, so what they eat we do not know either, we only hope it is not the flesh of our people. The best advice I can give you on encountering a party of drow is to kill and run. Their sentries are taken down easily, as long as you are not hit with their blades, but the Driders….run. Where there is one, there are many.[/talk]

Tsura would slide the first sketches to the Naga, though starting more instantly.

[talk]The drow cities are quite impressive, which is perhaps why we tried for so many years to become allies to them. That is the largest city we ever found, not many of us returned to tell about it. The Driders as you can see are quite fearsome, and intelligent, they wield magic with ease. The drow have many different levels of hierarchy that we can tell of, from citizens to queens to rangers…[/talk]

As she finished up the last set of drawings of her home she would slide them once more to the Naga, returning the drawing implements to Trevor.

[talk]The underdark has many terrains, some we have yet to discover. Where I am from, lakes and streams are abundant, thick forests of mushrooms everywhere. Some are poisonous, some edible, even more put off a light glow, making the dark less impenetrable to those whose eyes are not adjusted to darkness. It is vast with many tunnels leading to more caverns further away. I spent a long time exploring this area for my people and even I do not know half the dangers. Some tunnels look to be carved by creatures, I think some of it is dwarven, though the dialect is odd, nothing any of us recognize. Most are natural though. I would not recommend traveling the underdark without a guide, and even I myself would only guide under great duress as I have lived there my whole life, and know that I have only been exposed to a fraction of the dangers. Some tunnels appear to go so deep one would think you would think it lead to oblivion.[/talk]

Tsura would settle back into her chair, taking a sip of tea before popping the strange food into her mouth. It felt strange in her mouth as she chewed, but overall did not taste horrible. Her eyes would flutter to Frank, checking to make sure he was behaving, a small smile crossing her lips as she spotted him playing with his food before returning her gaze to the Naga.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:59 pm

[talk]again thank you for your informassssn. What of your little thing here[/talk]Pointing to Frank [talk]Isssss this your ssssservent or Pet. I have a Water Elemental assssss a pet sssssso to ssssspeak.[/talk]she picks up the two sticks (the only untensels like there) and will use the chop sticks to eat the sushi slowly. after swollowing the bit [talk]you all draw so well and vividly. i might have too go to your land and explore this underdark it sounds much like our Shadow Lands. Not much Grows there and what little that does is posion to anyone that does not already like there and my kind. for some reason the taint does not affect the Naga.[/talk] you all hapen to notice that there is two nagas swimming under you as the bottom of the pavillion is clean. know one seems to be a take back by them.

[ooc]Welcome back marine7312000[/ooc]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 am

[talk]My home is far from here, and from long ago. It's a small village nested at the crop of a wide valley that some say are a series of craters. The land is lush and fertile. If you were to ask if I miss it, I'd say only sometimes. I have a new life, starting when I was in my early twenties.[/talk] Turning to his side and resting a hand on the should of Tryst, Ulyuk explains, [talk]Tryst is far from my pet or servant. He has his own free will and chooses to be with me. He's been a fine companion.

Forgive me though if I come short in telling you of our homes, Tryst's and mine, but I share that with no one.

I've encountered drow in my past, as well as the drider and nether are sociable. Mind you I was not fighting either of them, but the team escorting us did, and it was vicious. The reason for me being escorted to the underworld is beyond explanation.[/talk]
Image Image

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:35 pm

My home is far from here, and from long ago. It's a small village nested at the crop of a wide valley that some say are a series of craters. The land is lush and fertile. If you were to ask if I miss it, I'd say only sometimes. I have a new life, starting when I was in my early twenties.” Turning to his side and resting a hand on the should of Tryst, Ulyuk explains, “Tryst is far from my pet or servant. He has his own free will and chooses to be with me. He's been a fine companion.
[talk]Sound like a very lovely landscape. it must be a great place too have grown up. Sadly we do not remember where we from. I do remember something much like you dicrpibed but it was almost like a dream land so to speak. It was as if he thought it we could think it would happen. our history was lost in some kind of cataclisem. It was good that you found Tryst to help you cope.[/talk]
Forgive me though if I come short in telling you of our homes, Tryst's and mine, but I share that with no one.
I've encountered drow in my past, as well as the drider and nether are sociable. Mind you I was not fighting either of them, but the team escorting us did, and it was vicious. The reason for me being escorted to the underworld is beyond explanation.”
[talk]Sounds like a great adventure must like the one you might be on now. Not many people come to this Land so in that itself it will be a violent travel. sadly some of my race have sought that they should rule this land. I am working with the Good Emperor here and trying to contain the rebels. it sounds like you are a group of powerful group might ask you for your help in this. im sure we can make it worth your wild.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:12 pm

[talk]We thank you for your hospitality your highness, this fine meal and conversation will long be remembered by me and my companions I'm sure. But, it is late and we must me rested for our long journey. I would beg your indulgence so that we might retire for the night.[/talk] and Treavor turns to Queen Nefra [talk]I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement to provide our services in dealing with your rebel problem. That is as long as it dosen't take us too far out of our way[/talk] Trevor turns to his companions Ulyok and Tsura, commenting... [talk]What say you?[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Ulyuk is in agreement

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Melphos nods his heads in agreement.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 am

[talk]Yes im so sorry to have kept you up for so long. If it is ok with you i will send one of my lutenutes on this quest that you go on.[/talk]The Queen Naga says

[talk]Yes My majasty i am sure they will gladly take the help. i have assined them Hemi to also join them on there trip.[/talk]

with that each of your servents will apper out of know where and lead you back to your huts. you can from a window in your hut see that the party goes on into the night. soft music can be hear and a sort water hitting the short of the lake lols you to sleep.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:03 pm

[ooc]Has this PbP ended? No new post since 18 Sep 2012 12:07 ...[/ooc]
admin

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:21 pm

We seem to have stalled.
Image Moe Human/Rogue

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm

smeltdm wrote:We seem to have stalled.
rednetra, are you waiting for action from us (the players)... :?: :?
Image Moe Human/Rogue

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:29 am

No all please please forgive me but life has gotten away from me with health in family issues and personal work (well no work issues) i have to D&D on the back burner but i hope in time i will be back. again i am so so sorry. one of these times i might see the game finished after 15 of trying to run it to the end.

your all GREAT please and when i back i hope to run something you all get into

Return to “{PbP} The Dragons rise again {D&D3.5}”