Meeting the camp.

Archives
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Meeting the camp.

Post by rednetra » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:06 pm

So who can tell me about the gods. The Council of the Gods. Can anyone name them for me. Ulath Pendragon what do you know

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 am

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm

All I know is what I have heard in this place. I wasn't even aware that some of the gods would decide to take mortal partners.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Ok i hope someone else knows a little more. How about you Quotumal Warstout you said that your an Inquisitor they tend to be gods faring people.Chiron asks

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:46 pm

I know who most of the gods are, what they are gods of, and that they some times take mortal partners. I have also heard of hercules, however little it was. pipes up scorpius after he thinks for a moment.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm

I have no clue. Who is Hephaestus?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 am

OK we will talk about each god then well the 12 on the council and a few others. The current set of gods are really the 3 set. Each having taking it away from there fathers and mothers.

Zeus is the "Father of Gods and men", who ruled the Olympians of Mount Olympus as a father ruled the family; he was the god of sky and thunder in Greek mythology.Even the gods who are not his natural children address him as Father, and all the gods rise in his presence. he was the King of the Gods, who oversaw the universe. As Pausanias observed, "That Zeus is king in heaven is a saying common to all men".[3] In Hesiod's Theogony, Zeus assigns the various gods their roles. In the Homeric Hymns he is referred to as the chieftain of the gods. His symbols are the thunderbolt, eagle, bull, and oak. the classical "cloud-gatherer" also derives certain iconographic traits from the cultures of the Ancient Near East, such as the scepter. Zeus is frequently depicted by artists in one of two poses: standing, striding forward, with a thunderbolt leveled in his raised right hand, or seated in majesty.

Zeus was the child of Cronus and Rhea, and the youngest of his siblings. In most traditions he was married to Hera, although, at the oracle of Dodona, his consort was Dione: according to the Iliad, he is the father of Aphrodite by Dione. He is known for his erotic escapades. These resulted in many godly and heroic offspring, including Athena, Apollo and Artemis, Hermes, Persephone (by Demeter), Dionysus, Perseus, Heracles, Helen, Minos, and the Muses (by Mnemosyne); by Hera, he is usually said to have fathered Ares, Hebe and Hephaestus.

Hera was the wife and one of three sisters of Zeus in the Olympian pantheon of classical Greek Mythology. Her chief function was as the goddess of women and marriage. In Roman mythology, Juno was the equivalent mythical character. The cow, and later, the peacock were sacred to her. Hera's mother was Rhea and her father, Cronus.

Portrayed as majestic and solemn, often enthroned, and crowned with the polos (a high cylindrical crown worn by several of the Great Goddesses), Hera may bear a pomegranate in her hand, emblem of fertile blood and death and a substitute for the narcotic capsule of the opium poppy A scholar of Greek mythology Walter Burkert writes in Greek Religion, "Nevertheless, there are memories of an earlier aniconic representation, as a pillar in Argos and as a plank in Samos."

Hera was known for her jealous and vengeful nature, most notably against Zeus's lovers and offspring, but also against mortals who crossed her, such as Pelias. Paris offended her by choosing Aphrodite as the most beautiful goddess, earning Hera's hatred.

Aphrodite goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality.. Historically, her cult in was imported from, or influenced by, the cult of Astarte in Phoenicia.

According to Hesiod's Theogony, she was born when Cronus cut off Uranus' genitals and threw them into the sea, and from the sea foam (aphros) arose Aphrodite.

Because of her beauty other gods feared that jealousy would interrupt the peace among them and lead to war, and so Zeus married her to Hephaestus, who was not viewed as a threat. Aphrodite had many lovers, both gods like Ares, and men like Anchises. Aphrodite also became instrumental in the Eros and Psyche legend, and later was both Adonis' lover and his surrogate mother. Many lesser beings were said to be children of Aphrodite.

Aphrodite is also known as Cytherea (Lady of Cythera) and Cypris (Lady of Cyprus) after the two cult-sites, Cythera and Cyprus, which claimed her birth. Myrtles, doves, sparrows, horses, and swans are sacred to her.

Any questions so far.

OUT OF CHARACTER
so no copy right stuff im useing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gr ... al_figures and leaving out stuff like greek society and stuff like that and refrance sources.

James Fraser
BARON
BARON

Post by James Fraser » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:34 am

When's lunch?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:23 am

Hearing the mention of food, Tryz puts a hand to his belly and looks up nodding.
Image Image

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 am

Galen stays quiet through Chiron's speech, listening carefully and nodding assent to what he already knows. Seems that these are the basics he learned from reading about the gods. When asked for questions, he laughs quietly at the request for lunch and raises his hand.

Mr. Chiron, you did not go in to what spheres of influence each of the gods control. Some of them are obvious, yet others are not so. Will these gods be visiting camp, as Mr D is in charge I can assume he will be here most of the time. Will we have the chance to meet our fathers?

He looks around at the others. Will we be hearing about other heros from the camp? I have read the tales of Hercules and Perseus, but never actually heard anything about them being in a camp. Is the camp a secret?

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Ulath's eyes quickly glaze over as he struggles to absorb this information. Eventually he gives it up as a lost cause and waits patiently for lunchtime.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

When's lunch?
A deep chuckle comes from Chiron you just ate breakfast so it will be a few more hours. don't worry i will not keep you here that whole time. i know this stuff is a lot to take in and can be boring.Looking at Galen

If you heard yes i had said what they are the gods of. Zeus is the god of The Sky and thunder and Lightning. Here the Goddess of Marriage and Family, and Aphrodite the goddess of Love beauty, and sexuality. As for your other questions. Well Mr D is only here because of a punishment and hence why he only drinks water or juice but not wine like he is the god of. he over indulged and now paying for it. It was not till recently that the gods and goddess would clam as many kids as they truly have sired. See a few months ago something big had gone down and the Hero that saved the day turned down the gift that Zeus was going to give him and asked for the gods to clam there children. That is why the cabins are the way there are. we had 12 even some are just to appease the Gods and Goddess. So we had too add the others. So its not unheard to run into gods and goddess here if they need something. see they can not directly interfere so they ask hero's for help to get things done. Its also not unheard of that the parents will gift a weapon or something to one of there child. Also about the Other Demigods you speak of yes we can talk about them as well but they were before the Camp was formed so i educated them myself. IM sure we can have time and i can tel you the story's.

Any more questions before i go on. im going to from this point as you can tel i talked about Zeus and Hera first because they are the King and Queen or Mother or father. but i will now go from A too Z with the Council then maybe after that we can go into the other gods. Also still looking into the bag. Plus im sure that there will be a quest as the Oracle of Delhi has made a visit to the camp unless she is about too give a prophecy.

James Fraser
BARON
BARON

Post by James Fraser » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:38 am

James mumbles to himself Must make sure I check out the house of Aphrodite

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 am

“Must make sure I check out the house of Aphrodite”
Th Nymphs in the Woods are far more agreeable.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:29 am

Apollo is one of the most important and diverse of the Olympian deities in Greek and Roman mythology. The ideal of the kouros (a beardless, athletic youth), Apollo has been variously recognized as a god of light and the sun; truth and prophecy; medicine, healing, and plague; music, poetry, and the arts; and more. Apollo is the son of Zeus and Leto, and has a twin sister, the chaste huntress Artemis.

As the patron of Delphi (Pythian Apollo), Apollo was an oracular god—the prophetic deity of the Delphic Oracle. Medicine and healing were associated with Apollo, whether through the god himself or mediated through his son Asclepius, yet Apollo was also seen as a god who could bring ill-health and deadly plague. Amongst the god's custodial charges, Apollo became associated with dominion over colonists, and as the patron defender of herds and flocks. As the leader of the Muses (Apollon Musegetes) and director of their choir, Apollo functioned as the patron god of music and poetry. Hermes created the lyre for him, and the instrument became a common attribute of Apollo. Hymns sung to Apollo were called paeans.

In Hellenistic times, especially during the 3rd century BCE, as Apollo Helios he became identified among Greeks with Helios, Titan god of the sun, and his sister Artemis similarly equated with Selene, Titan goddess of the moon

Ares is the Greek god of war. "Ares is apparently an ancient abstract noun meaning throng of battle, war." He is one of the Twelve Olympians, and the son of Zeus and Hera. As the Olympian god of warfare, righteous indignation,[citation needed] and courage; lover of Aphrodite and "Leader of Righteous Men," Ares presides over male passion, the weapons and preparations for war, the defense and protection of cities, rebellion and civil order, policing of banditry, masculinity, integrity,[citation needed] and personal courage

Artemis was one of the most widely venerated of the Ancient Greek deities. Some scholars believe that the name, and indeed the goddess herself, was originally pre-Greek. Homer refers to her as Artemis Agrotera, Potnia Theron "Artemis of the wildland, Mistress of Animals".[3] In the classical period of Greek mythology, Artemis ( was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. In later Hellenistic times, she even assumed the ancient role of Eileithyia in aiding childbirth.

Artemis later became identified with Selene, Titaness who was a Greek moon goddess, sometimes depicted with a crescent moon above her head. Virgin goddess of the hunt

Athena Virgin goddess of wisdom, warfare, strategy, heroic endeavour, handicrafts and reason. The daughter of Zeus and Metis, she was born from Zeus's head fully-formed and armoured. She was depicted crowned with a crested helm, armed with shield and spear, and wearing the snake-trimmed aegis cloak adorned with the head of the Gorgon. Her symbols include the aegis, the owl and the olive tree.
also referred to as Pallas Athena is the goddess of war, civilization, wisdom, strength, strategy, crafts, justice and skill in Greek mythology. Minerva, Athena's Roman incarnation, embodies similar attributes. Athena is also a shrewd companion of heroes and the goddess of heroic endeavour. She is the virgin patron of Athens. The Athenians built the Parthenon on the Acropolis of her namesake city, Athens, in her honour

Athena's cult as the patron of Athens seems to have existed from the earliest times and was so persistent that archaic myths about her were recast to adapt to cultural changes. In her role as a protector of the city (polis), many people throughout the Greek world worshiped Athena as Athena Polias ("Athena of the city"). Athens and Athena bear etymologically connected names'

Any other questions about what i have just said.

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 am

And when would i be able to meet these nymphs?

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:32 am

And when would i be able to meet these nymphs?
They are all around us and mostly the ones that serve the food at meal times. please let focus on this information i am trying to give you. it might save your life one time''
OUT OF CHARACTER
I dont want too looses anyone attention do you guys want me too keep going into the gods or just do a condensed version but say Chiron goes into these 12 council gods

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:37 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
i think we should move on. just give us a link where the info can be found so if we need it we have it. but its up to the others

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I agree with rednick90. This takes entire semesters in college to cover. We don't have that much time. :P

Image Image

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I agree with you on this. i will post the names about the Gods and the link

Demeter
Dionysus
Hephaestus
Hermes
Poseidon

He will also say that the next two are not on the councle of 12 but are just as important.
Hestia
Hades

Oh The time does fly. i am sorry that i was not paying attention please go have lunch the others shuold be at there tables or on there way. then this afternoon we will work on Weapons training.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm

he will tell you that yes there is a cabin for Artemis for if she or her hunters stop by also that at this time there is no child of Zeus and only one child of Poseidon that he knows about but he is on a Quest. Also at this time now only one child of Hades. Also that Hades did not originally have a cabin but since the gods now clam each of there children there is one for him.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Ulath stared with blank eyes throughout the whole lecture. He perked up a bit when hearing about Ares, but after nodding thoughtfully for a moment, he quickly zones out again.

He only comes to when dinner is announced and it's quite obvious that he's trying hard not to rush.

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

What exactly is Mr. D being punished for?

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Im sorry but that is not my story to tell. maybe if your brave you can ask him. he does teach Agriculture here at the camp. This afternoon i think we will do weapons taring and maybe Pegices riding. Tonight after the Capture the flag and Fireworks we can talk about the other Demigods that have gotten his name in history if you wish. you all never told me if you wish to stay as a group or stay in your parents cabin.

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm

I would rather sleep under the stars. I never much liked small rooms.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Well your cabin does have a very outside feel too it as well as a party theme. as your father is the god of wine and mirth. either way during the day each of you will be training together.

you all go down to the food pavilion and much like at breakfast you give a part of your lunch to the fire. after the meal Chiron shows up and calls you all to him. he takes you to the arena. Ok hero's who can fight with a sword and who uses other means and what are they.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:02 pm

I can make bombs! Tryz announces excitedly, tossing a bomb to an area unoccupied to prove it. The ground in a twenty foot area blackens from the burning blast. He rocks on his heals with a grin.
Image Image

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Tryz that is a great feat and im sure being your fathers son it is even faster to make them but can you use other weapons. it does not matter but even a dagger. the rest of you do you use other weapons.he is saying while he leads you to the arena and leading but at the same pace of you.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Well, I guess a small sword or dagger might do. I've held a short sword before, but I'm best with my bombs.
Image Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 am

i fight with my wits, and magic. scorpius says as he pats the quiver of arrows hanging from his belt

Return to “The War of the Gods: Archive”