Introduction

You and your newfound companions have been contracted to investigate Slip Gallows Abbey, the past headquarters of the late (and unlamented) Gray Deacons. Over forty years ago, all of the Gray Deacons were claimed by an unknown curse and their headquarters sealed by the same magic. Your employer has learned of a way inside and has hired your group of adventurers to slip inside and claim the treasure of the Gray Deacons

Moderator: JPetherick

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Introduction

Post by JPetherick » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 pm

The newfound companions climb the staircase upwards, winding back and forth within the confines of the tower. All of you have been told that your employer is waiting at the top. The guards were silent and the servants who escorted you to the base of the tower said nothing more than simple directions but all of you believe that this is when you will actually be told what you have been hired to complete. Above, the bright light of the afternoon sun shines in through a door leading outside, which probably marks your destination.

Eventually, you reach the top of the stairs and exit to a platform that allows a view of the entire city beneath you. Several guards and other servants stand about, the guards observing you closely and the others busy with various tasks. The only exception is a lean human of late middle years who is leaning against the parapet, looking across the broad river that divides the city into two parts. When he turns towards the group, he studies all of you for a moment before speaking.

[talk]You are now ready and prepared to complete your work for me, right? No further purchases or preparations to make?,[/talk] he asks before offering more information. [talk]If you are, good. If not, there may be some brief time before you start.[/talk]

[talk]I am the Master of one of the Guilds in the City. My name and which guild don't matter, really. Suffice to say, if you complete this task for me, all of you will be quite a bit richer. For some of you, there will be the satisfaction of solving a mystery and, maybe, doing something good.

Back when I was a slip of a lad, the Grey Deacons ruled the underworld. Their Guildmaster had his fingers in every pie, so to speak, taking a cut of anything that the Deacons noticed. And the Deacons, somehow, knew almost everything that happened in the city. Sometimes they hired other thieves to make robberies for them and other times they provided information for a share of the take. And it was a great honour to be selected to join the Deacons even though no one really knew what skills, talents or other abilities the Deacons sought. Any who angered the Grey Deacons were also quickly dealt with although not as nicely. Sometimes thieves would simply disappear and the whispers would start about them being taken by the Deacons.[/talk]

Your employer pauses for a moment before pointing towards a small vegetation-choked island near opposite side of the river. [talk]The Deacons ruled from there, Slip Gallows Abbey on Monks' Island. It wasn't much of a secret in the City, if at all, but they were left alone.[/talk]

Your employer turns back to you. [talk]That all changed overnight more than forty years ago. Nobody knows what happened, really, but the sages and wizards have their theories based upon what the few witnesses said. Some hireboats on the river and a guard on the bridge saw the island suddenly cloaked in deep shadow. One, braver or more foolish than the others, brought her boat close to the island and later said that it was like the entire island was covered by a moving mass of shadows. In the morning, those thick dark trees or shrubs covered the island.

In the city, some people who may have been Deacons disappeared the same night. One woman was attending a private dinner party when the other guests say that she was taken by the shadows in the room. Others were gone between leaving a tavern and reaching the street outside. Another disappeared from a locked room that took the best locksmiths in the city weeks to open.

In the morning, the island was covered in those thick, dense trees or shrubs. Most people can't get through them but those attuned to nature have been able to pass, or burrow under them. Mages and others have flown over to the island. None have been able to enter the building, though. The windows are all shuttered but the shutters cannot be broken or opened by the strongest people or creatures. Some have tried tunnelling but the foundations resist even magical attempts to pass through. I've payed the most learned mages in the city but none have been able to scry inside, let alone succeed in other attempts to enter magically.

Or, none who have entered or successfully seen inside have spoken of doing so.

In the last month, we tracked down someone who was an associate, but not a member, the Grey Deacons. It took some time considering he had angered the Deacons somehow and had run long and fast, changing his face and everything else to escape their vengeance. Still, he told our agents of a secret way through the sewers to inside the Abbey. We tried it and it did lead to the island, probably somewhere under the building itself.[/talk]

He gauges your interest before proceeding. [talk]I simply want the ring worn by the Guildmaster of the Grey Deacons. You can't mistake it - it should have a shiny, grey metallic band set with a single large grey stone. Probably a platinum band and, maybe, a large flawed diamond. I would have my fellow guildmembers do this but I suspect that a variety of talents and skills such as all of you possess would be better suited. In return, you may have anything else that you find within the abbey. My associates will assist you with disposing of anything that you do not wish to keep, getting quite a fair price. My associates may even be able to acquire supplies or other items, if desired.

What say you? Will you take on this task?[/talk]
Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 1035
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 am

(I will have used my sleeves to change my outfit into something appropriate before entering the building).

A tallish human wearing fine clothing steps forward to speak. His red hair is well coiffed and his blue eyes study the guildmaster. At his belt hangs a morningstar balanced by a dagger. A well-crafted longbow and pack are on his back and he wears two separate quivers.

Assuming that I believe a guildmaster would have the lawful authority to commission such an undertaking (Sense Motive: [dice]0[/dice]):

*Offers a half-bow* [talk]Guildmaster, I would be honored to undertake this task for you and your terms appear to be more than fair.[/talk] *turns to look at the others hired for this task, trying to get a quick impression of thier abilities while addressing them* [talk]What say the rest of you?[/talk]

If I don't think the guildmaster has the authority needed:

[talk]Guildmaster, I am interested in this endeavor, but ask under what authority is it authorized? I would be loathe to return from exploration of yonder abbey to find myself accosted by the local constabulary.[/talk]


*Editted to add die role for sense motive, add the Talk bbc codes, and give a visual description of my character*
Last edited by Cain Eyebright on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2181
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by kabkal » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Standing next to you is an orc who is about has round with muscle as he his tall. He wears only a basic outfit, no armor or shield. Over his back is a delicate looking curved blade. His face has a blank violent stare. You are sure you would not want to meet him on a dark street.

He looks to the guild master and mumbles [talk]"Price good, I go."[/talk] He does not even to appear to look anyone else over or make eye contact with anyone except the guild master. And then the eyes meet only when the talk of money is going on. Once the money talk ends he stares off into space. You feel glad that he is on your side (at least you hope he is).
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Introduction

Post by smeltdm » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Standing quietly off to one side, great sword & longbow strapped to his back and heavy flail on his hip, Striker is intensely focused on every word from this human, who has brought this group of strangers together.

THINKING: Odd that he doesn’t give his name. I'm sure he has his reasons. That human with the red hair seems to be awfully concerned about what authority he has. May it be he has had a run in or two with some authority? The Orc, he seems to be interested in the coin, for sure...I think I like him, and the other human not a peep from him, a Half Orc and a Tiefling, this will be some adventure thats for sure. Well, no matter, we all have reasons for being here...

[talk]Guild master, you have my word, I will take on your task.[/talk] Striker looks to the red haired human, offering his sword hand while commenting... [talk]Oh, and Red, I would think by looking at the condition of that Abby there has been no authority over there for years. You can call me Striker.[/talk]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Ealdwulf » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 am

Standing to the other side of the group, and slightly behind, stands a young woman wearing a hooded cloak that covers her from the shoulders down as the hood is lying against her back. Appearing to be human, the only noticeable indications that she is not are the slight glow to her violet eyes, offsetting her long white hair, and the small fangs that can be seen when she speaks. In her right hand, she holds a simple quarterstaff with one end resting on the ground. It is not readily apparent as to what else she may have on her under the cloak.

[talk]My name is Kasidra, and I am but a simple wanderer, on a personal quest that I set myself, exploring our world and striving to seek, and maintain, balance within myself. While I know nothing of these Grey Deacons, the shadows that you speak of that rose up and claimed the abbey and took others within the town are something that are worrisome.[/talk]

Pausing for a moment, [talk]A wanderer I may be, but I have a duty to ensure that forces of evil cannot take root and if they have then I must see if I can eliminate it myself or send for others that can. I will help.[/talk]

Turning to face the one called Striker, she continues with a smile, [talk]While at first appearance there is no authority over the island or abbey, that does not mean that there is not. We do not know who or what is inside the abbey itself, or may just be watching. Shadows that move to cover an entire island and take people from town for them to disappear? This stinks of shadow magic, death, undead, and evil. It would be wise to be wary young one[/talk]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Vanya will use her ability to detect evil while focusing on the guild master and keep the results to herself; for the time being at least

 



Edit: Corrected the character name... that's what I get for having multiple characters in multiple games and trying to do this at work... :blush:
Last edited by Ealdwulf on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
UltimateWolf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by UltimateWolf » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Standing tall and strong in the back and keeping an eye on his newly found friends as if he felt protective of them even though he didnt knew them yet. His gut was telling him that this Guilmaster wasn't telling everything and that bringing back only the ring for good money sounded to easy, especially if the one asking keeps his identity a secret. At the same time the mystery of the Abbey was very attractive, purging Evil is always a good thing and surely the party will need him espacially the Orc who looks like loving a good fight...

Making a few steps toward Kasidra [talk]I agree with you Kasidra[/talk] Then looking at rest of the group [talk]My name is Thoros and I will gladely join you all in this quest.[/talk]
Last edited by UltimateWolf on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Introduction

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:47 pm

The tall but thin half-orc in the group could easily be confused for a full-blooded human at first glance. The slight tinge to his skin and his dull black hair gives the lie to that assumption. He is dressed simply in a dark jacket and pants. His combination of street slang and a refined accent are at a constant odds. [talk]While I'm not opposed to a bit of smash and grab, this does sound a bit more fun. And money is always welcome.[/talk] He pulls a dagger from under his jacket and begins trimming his nails without even looking down, instead studying the rest of the persons in the room.

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by JPetherick » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Cleart steps forward and accepts the Guildmaster’s offer but does ask about his ability to make such an offer. The guildmaster laughs in response, smiling at Cleart and his companions.
[talk]Don’t worry about the constabulary. Unless you tell them yourselves, I doubt that they would even learn of what you have done. And if they do learn somehow, they won’t interfere.[/talk]

All of the others accept, as well, and some agree with the Guildmaster about the authorities no longer caring about the Abbey. Kasidra also has quite a bit to say, wondering just what she has got herself into. While she is speaking to the Guildmaster, one of the servants comes over and whispers into the Guildmaster’s ear.

[talk]I like to keep my secrets, so please stop your scrying. Some of you may recognize me – I am Duloth. And, like some of you suspect, I consider myself the successor to the Master of the Grey Deacons. Some of you,[/talk] and he looks at Kasidra, [talk]may not wish to work for someone who is not as altruistic as themselves. But I do agree with you that the Abbey has been afflicted by some great evil. Their master was said to both greedy and consumed with pride. He may very well have stolen something from the wrong person or thing and brought this doom upon himself and his people.

Do any of you need time to prepare or more supplies before starting? If so, speak now. Otherwise, my men will take you to the tunnel that leads to the Abbey.[/talk]

Kasidra onlyShow
Your brief study of Duloth indicates that he has a moderate evil aura
Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Introduction

Post by smeltdm » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:30 am

[talk]I would like to introduce my friend to everyone, she will be coming with us. I would ask that you guards not harm Precious before I call for her.[/talk] Striker waits Duloth's asurance before calling Precious.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Ealdwulf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:25 am

Kasidra nods her slightly in acknowledgement of Duloth's words. [talk]While it is true that some members of my order would turn and walk out, and others still would strike first and then leave... some like myself understand that sometimes the little things must be acknowledged and... dealt with... in order to complete the greater task at hand. Even Iomedae will parlay with Asmodeus on occasion. But even then, she is wary and watches with caution as she listens to his advice.[/talk]

Turning to face Striker directly, she continues, [talk]From your words, I can tell that some might be... anxious... when your companion arrives, but I have always found it to be better to not judge until after having all of the facts. You will not have to worry about me.[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
UltimateWolf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by UltimateWolf » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 am

Even though his identity as been revealed, Thoros still think that the guildmaster knows more than he let us believe...

[talk]Ready.[/talk]

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2181
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by kabkal » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 pm

The orc rocks back and forth ready to go into battle. His eyes are staring off, still blankly, but a touch of anger in them.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 1035
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:59 pm

*Gives a brief nod to the guildmaster* [talk]I am prepared to depart on this job at any time.[/talk]

*Turns to look at Striker, clothing changing into an explorer's outfit with a softly mumbled word* [talk]My name is Cleart and you may summon your companion whenever you like.[/talk]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Introduction

Post by smeltdm » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Striker calls out ... [talk]Precious, come show yourself, so that our new companions may know you and then we can move on.[/talk] Precious appears from the parapet behind Striker.

[ooc]Couldn't figure out how to insert picture, so here is the link to token.[/ooc]

http://theonlysheet.com/community/downl ... w&id=10792
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by JPetherick » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 pm

The guards grip their weapons more tightly and pay more attention but do not take any other actions as Striker prepares to call his companion. Guildmaster Duloth smiles in admiration of Precious. [talk]Impressive - I knew that you would be better suited for this endeavor than my guild members.[/talk]

[talk]If there's nothing else, my men will take you to the start of the tunnel. Four will always be there while you are completing this task. If you need, they can help with exhcnaging goods or services, if you like. Are you ready to go?[/talk]


[ooc]Can you go to the OOC thread and work out your marching order? And the spell-casters who have to prepare spells, please post a spell list for the day.[/ooc]
Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by JPetherick » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 pm

When no one responds, Guildmaster Duloth gestures to a servant before turning to speak with the man who noticed Kasidra's examination of Duloth. Evidently, all of you have been dismissed.

The servant gestures for the group to follow her, leading the way to the staircase and beginning the descent back down the tower. The trip downwards is faster than the ascent. If anyone asks, the servant responds politely but will not answer any questions about Duloth or the guild. When you reach the ground level, the servant finally speaks without prompting.

[talk]From here, you will be taking a wagon. It will be covered to reduce the chance that people notice you. I ask that you ride rather than walking - it will be faster and ensure that you quickly reach your destination.[/talk]

With that, she leads the group through the servant quarters to an courtyard separated from the street by a high wall and heavy gate. A large cargo wagon is within the courtyard with four draft horses harnessed to it. A canvas tarpaulin arches over the high sides of the wagon, offering protection from the bright sun and the eyes of any observers. A box has been provided for climbing into the wagon. When someone looks, several bags stuffed with wool or flax have been provided for seating within the wagon. The servant walks to the wagon and stands near the front.

[talk]I will ride with the drover. Feel free to make yourselves comfortable. The ride isn't long - across the bridge to the other side of the river and then to a warehouse. From there, someone else will take you the next part of your journey.[/talk]

Sense Motive DC 15 (Take 10 possible)Show
The woman is not lying or making any attempt to deceive you.
Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

User avatar
UltimateWolf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by UltimateWolf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 am

Thoros sense motive roll [dice]0[/dice]

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Ealdwulf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 am

Kasidra Sense Motive Roll

[dice]0[/dice]

[ooc]LOL.. that was pathetic... of all the numbers I could have rolled... I get one of the two that would make me fail.... :)[/ooc]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2181
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by kabkal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 pm

The orc looks about, looks at his comrades faces and decides to close his eyes in the back of the wagon resting while the others do whatever it is they are going to do.

SM roll [dice]0[/dice]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Introduction

Post by smeltdm » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Striker and Precious find a corner in the back of the wagon, as far away from the horses as they can. Precious is none too happy about the accommodations, and lets it be known, as a low rumbling growl can be heard coming from the great cat. Striker scratches her ears, speaking in low tones to her. This seems to settle her as she takes a spot at Strikers feet. Striker produces a chunk of meat, giving it to the great cat, continuing to scratch, and finally the grow turns to what could be mistaken for a purr.
Sense Motive check: [dice]0[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 1035
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Cleart finds a comfortable seat in the wagon, thinking about what has been said, and not said, so far. He also keeps and eye out for anything of interest or unusual.

Sense Motive [dice]0[/dice]
Perception [dice]1[/dice]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Introduction

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Garoth climbs into the wagon and gets comfortable.
Sense Motive [dice]0[/dice]

User avatar
UltimateWolf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by UltimateWolf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Thoros gets in the wagon and being facinated by Striker's companion finds a seat close to them hoping to get more acquainted... Before sitting down he looks at Striker and Precious pointing at the empty seat [talk]May I take this seat?[/talk]

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Introduction

Post by smeltdm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Striker is surprised by Thoros's request, looks at Thoros, then at Precious.
THINKING: Precious, what do think? Is he ok?
Sensing that Precious will tolerate his presence, Striker turns back to Thoros... [talk]Sure, be careful thou, at least give her time to know you.[/talk] The great cat eyes follow Thoros as he approaches, not taking her greenish-golden eyes off of him as he settles in seat next to Striker... [talk]It's ok Precious, he's a friend.[/talk] The cat closes her eyes, and appears to have settled down.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by JPetherick » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Once everyone is in the wagon, the servant comes to the rear of the wagon and pulls a cord that releases a canvas sheet to cover the rear of the wagon. The group can still catch glimpses of the outside, however, and can watch once the wagon lurches into motion. The horses pull steadily and the wagon rolls smoothly through the courtyard, slowing to leave through the gate and make the turn onto the street outside. People on the street don't pay any attention to the wagon, continuing on their business as a nondescript freight wagon rolls towards the river.

After turning once more, the wagon slows and comes to a near stop. From the noise outside the canvas the wagon is about to turn onto a major street and, once it does turn, that thought is confirmed. Those who peer out past the back flap can glimpse other wagons, carriages, riders and pedestrians going both ways on a wide thoroughfare. The sound of the wheels on the pavement changes as the wagon starts up a slight incline, rising in tone. Soon the railings of a bridge and the river beyond can be seen. The river is wide and you can see riverboats and small passenger vessels both tied up to docks and moving across the water.

The journey across the river continues for a several more minutes as the wagon's speed rises and falls, eventually reaching the other side of the river. The wagon turns soon after reaching the far side onto a road paralleling the river. After little more than five minutes, the wagon turns and enters a large warehouse. Once the wagon stops, the canvas covering the back is lifted up and the party sees a large half-orc dressed as laborer. The half-orc moves a box close to serve as a step then returns to other tasks.

[talk]Hop down! Get a leg on,[/talk] calls a voice from outside. After a moment, the party sees a gnome dressed in grubby workman's clothing approach the back of the wagon. The small humanoid grins as he calls out to the party. [talk]Don't mind the mess, we're still setting up shop. Come on and we get you ready to continue.[/talk]
Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Ealdwulf » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:20 am

Pulling the hood of her cloak up so that her face is in shadows, Kasidra climbs out of the wagon, using the step provided, and stands slightly to one side and out of the way for the others to disembark.

With what appears to be a casual glance around, she carefully makes note of what there is to see in the area. [talk]Where is it that you would like us to go and prepare?[/talk]
Ability Use and Skill CheckShow
Perception Check: [dice]0[/dice]
Kasidra will again use Detect Evil, except this time in a general manner rather than directing it to a single subject
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Introduction

Post by smeltdm » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:16 am

[talk]Let’s go Precious...[/talk] Striker and Precious leap out of the wagon, taking up a position opposite Kasidra on the other side of the wagon. Precious and Striker scan the area as they wait for the gnome's response to Kasidra's inquiry and the others to leave the wagon...
Ability Use and Skill CheckShow
Perception Check Striker: [dice]0[/dice] Perception Check Precious: [dice]1[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
UltimateWolf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by UltimateWolf » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:35 am

Thoros follows and survey the area as he's getting out of the wagon
Ability Use and Skill CheckShow
Perception check: [dice]0[/dice]

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Introduction

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:50 am

Garoth follows the others out of the wagon and takes a moment to survey his surroundings.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 1035
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Introduction

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:51 pm

*allows the others to leave the wagon first, then climbs down carefully and slowly looks around*
Ability and Skill UseShow
Casting Detect Magic before leaving the wagaon and using the slow look to comb the area, including the other party members. 60' range, 9min duration...I'll include 10 Knowledge (Arcana) & Spellcraft checks below, let me know if you need more of them.
Also still looking for anything that catches my eye. Perception [dice]0[/dice]
Knowledge (Arcana): [dice]1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14[/dice]
Spellcraft: [dice]1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14, 1d20+14[/dice]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Slip Gallows Abbey [ENDED]”