Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

Post Reply
User avatar
ElectroZman
Level 19 Contributor
Level 19 Contributor
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by ElectroZman » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Siril moves to -P28.
Image Siril: Elven Ranger
Image Argus Mark: Human Fighter

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:48 pm

[ooc]The map previously found hints that this is the way out is to the north @ Q29 . Question is do we want to go to the north to a possible escape or check out the door to the northwest @ S20 & S21 and possibly check out contents of said room?[/ooc]
Prost turns to Siril... [whisper]So, what do you think, should we trust that map you found or check out that door to the northwest?[/whisper]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13019
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:59 pm

[ooc]
smeltdm wrote:The map previously found hints that this is the way out is to the north @ Q29 . Question is do we want to go to the north to a possible escape or check out the door to the northwest @ S20 & S21 and possibly check out contents of said room?
I think the dwarves mentioned something about an ooze in the S20 direction...!?[/ooc]

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:21 am

admin wrote:[ooc]
smeltdm wrote:The map previously found hints that this is the way out is to the north @ Q29 . Question is do we want to go to the north to a possible escape or check out the door to the northwest @ S20 & S21 and possibly check out contents of said room?
I think the dwarves mentioned something about an ooze in the S20 direction...!?[/ooc]
>:) Sooo, do we want to battle some ooze...NOT!

Moe will check for traps again on the door to his east, unlock it if it is locked, and open it slowly once his support arrives... [whisper]Brack, get up here...[/whisper]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
ElectroZman
Level 19 Contributor
Level 19 Contributor
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by ElectroZman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Lets try the N doors. No ooze for me.
Image Siril: Elven Ranger
Image Argus Mark: Human Fighter

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by kabkal » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 am

COty keeps in line, perking up about maybe getting our of the hell hole.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13019
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:46 am

Morck also keeps his place in line, following as we go along.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 pm

[ooc]
admin wrote:I think the dwarves mentioned something about an ooze in the S20 direction...!?
It was the other conveyor room, actually[/ooc]

Siril moves to join Moe, and the others follow after a moment
Siril votes to move toward the exit, but Moe cannot resist checking the door next to him.
Finding it unlocked, he opens it.
Strangely, the room beyond is wood and not stone, even the walls are covered in boards.
map-post 069.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm

[ooc]Sooo...the wooden room scared everyone off?[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:42 pm

[ooc]Sorry... :angel:[/ooc]
Moe steps into the room...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
ElectroZman
Level 19 Contributor
Level 19 Contributor
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by ElectroZman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Siril keeps him covered.
Image Siril: Elven Ranger
Image Argus Mark: Human Fighter

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by kabkal » Mon May 01, 2017 6:43 am

Coty watches, weapon at the ready in case there is something bad happening.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13019
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Mon May 01, 2017 10:37 am

Morck il also ready and on guard.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat May 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Moe steps into the room. It is floor to ceiling wood.
In the corner he couldn't see before, a rope hangs down from a hole in the ceiling. He also notices that the floor seems unstable as the entire room seems to move slightly with his motion.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Sun May 07, 2017 8:21 am

Spooked by the room, Moe leaves the room and checks out the door the north... (listen, don't touch, then check for traps)
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon May 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Moe quickly exits the room and goes to check the other door.
He places his ear against it, but hears nothing at first. Just as he is about to pull away to look for traps, he makes out a sound as if someone shuffled their feet on the floor beyond.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 am

Moe motions to the others to be very quite, indicating he hears something, checks the door for traps...quietly...tries to determine if door is locked...quietly...listens again...
[ooc]Can Moe tell which way the door swings and is the noise just on the other side of the door? Moe has thoughts of having Brack bash the door knocking down whomever is on the other side of the door...a lot of ifs...[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Moe signals for quiet and looks the door over. It does not appear to be trapped, and would open inward to the room beyond.
He then places his ear again to the door and strains to hear anything further. After listening for a couple minutes, he determines that there is likely more than one being beyond the door, but that none are immediately next to it.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Sat May 13, 2017 11:36 am

Moe signals the others on what perceives, nods to Brack, and when Brack indicates he is ready...Moe pushed the door open and steps back.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13019
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Sat May 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Morck will stand at the ready at the back (his crossbow loaded)!

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by kabkal » Sun May 14, 2017 7:11 am

Coty will make sure his crossbow is ready and will prepare to summon an eagle into the room.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Tue May 16, 2017 10:00 pm

[ooc]Going to assume Brak is ready[/ooc]

Moe opens the door and suddenly finds himself in complete darkness.
Not even a flicker of light comes from his torch or even from the rooms they just left.
Siril finds himself in darkness as well.

Moe & Brak suddenly find themselves viewing the area around their companions in shades of grey, their darkvision showing the area, while the area around them remains lit. Brak notes odd distortion around the torches that reminds him of a heat haze. With a start, he realizes the torches are still lit, though no light comes from them.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2075
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by kabkal » Wed May 17, 2017 10:44 am

Cain Eyebright wrote:[ooc]Going to assume Brak is ready[/ooc]

Moe opens the door and suddenly finds himself in complete darkness.
Not even a flicker of light comes from his torch or even from the rooms they just left.
Siril finds himself in darkness as well.

Moe & Brak suddenly find themselves viewing the area around their companions in shades of grey, their darkvision showing the area, while the area around them remains lit. Brak notes odd distortion around the torches that reminds him of a heat haze. With a start, he realizes the torches are still lit, though no light comes from them.
[ooc]Is this darkness impacting Coty?[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed May 17, 2017 5:32 pm

kabkal wrote:[ooc]Is this darkness impacting Coty?[/ooc]
[ooc]It would, but there is a wall/corner between you and a view of that area[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

User avatar
ElectroZman
Level 19 Contributor
Level 19 Contributor
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by ElectroZman » Fri May 19, 2017 8:33 am

Siril says quietly, [whisper]Close the door.[/whisper]
Image Siril: Elven Ranger
Image Argus Mark: Human Fighter

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Fri May 19, 2017 9:22 am

Moe fumbles in the dark for the door in an attempt to close it...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13019
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Fri May 19, 2017 9:34 am

[ooc]Can Morck identify the source of this darkness? (is it emanating from a magical source or something else?) Is there any dangers ahead?[/ooc]

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 pm

[ooc]Going to reply to Morck and allow an action before I reply to the others.[/ooc]
MorckShow
Morck realizes the must be a magical darkness effect, though one unlike he has ever heard of before since he can still see through it, even if the torches aren't working.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13019
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Thu May 25, 2017 9:22 pm

[talk]Hmm there seems to be a source of magical darkness in this room... lemme take a better look[/talk]

Morck advances and takes a look in the room (remaining in the doorway). He will report what he sees as he scans the room.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Moe & Siril continue to scout ahead
Siril urges Moe to close the door, and Moe is about to move into the room to try to do so when Morck calls out and starts moving toward the door to get a look.
Just as Morck realizes someone is standing in the corner of the room, a javelin comes through the door and strikes Moe.

Moe feels a blade of some sort strike into his thigh.

A few sharp words echo from the room, in an unknown tongue.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[SURPRISE ROUND COMPLETE]
[Round 1]

Group 1: <-- action pending
Moe (8hp dmg)
Dwarf 5
Dwarf 1

Group 2:
Siril (no damage)
Morck (no damage)
Dwarf 4

Group 3:
Brak (1hp damage)
Coty (3hp damage)
Dwarf 6 (Injured)
Dwarf 3
Dwarf 2
map-post 070.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder}”