Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby smeltdm » Mon May 29, 2017 6:03 pm

If Moe senses the foe in the corner he will step up to attack...
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
If Moe see/senses foe can he take a five foot step to attack?
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby ElectroZman » Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 am

Unable to see anything, Siril pulls his sword and stands his ground.
Image Siril: Elven Ranger
Image Argus Mark: Human Fighter
User avatar
ElectroZman
Level 19 Contributor
Level 19 Contributor
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Wed May 31, 2017 9:44 am

smeltdm wrote:
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
If Moe see/senses foe can he take a five foot step to attack?


 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Moe sees nothing, the map was showing Morck's view (via darkvision)
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby smeltdm » Wed May 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Moe take a five foot step back...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Moe takes a step back from the door, while a couple of dwarves move forward. One dwarf growls out Bugbear before moving into they move into the room beyond the door, hammers in hand. A clattering sound comes from within the room.

For Morck: show
You quickly think back to your magical studies. A spell that provides like can overcome a spell that provides darkness if it is of a higher level. An equal level spell would cancel out a darkness spell, but not provide additional light.


  Combat   
[SURPRISE ROUND COMPLETE]
[Round 1]

Group 1:
Moe (8hp dmg) - Total Defense
Dwarf 5
Dwarf 1

Group 2: <-- action pending
Siril (no damage)
Morck (no damage)
Dwarf 4

Group 3:
Brak (1hp damage)
Coty (3hp damage)
Dwarf 6 (Injured)
Dwarf 3
Dwarf 2

 

Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby smeltdm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:04 am

Moe goes into total defense until conditions allow him to see.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:47 pm

smeltdm wrote:Moe goes into total defense until conditions allow him to see.


 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
noted
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby admin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 pm

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Does Morck's current position allows him to fire his crossbow at the enemy?!
User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
 
Posts: 12855
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:54 pm

admin wrote:
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Does Morck's current position allows him to fire his crossbow at the enemy?!


 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Yes, but your target would have cover bonus to ac
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby marine7312000 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:08 am

Brak moves to R29 and scans the room.
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Remainder of action held until he can see the rest of the room.
User avatar
marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
 
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby admin » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:42 am

Morck will try to hit the enemy he can see (with his crossbow) while trying to avoid hitting his own allies
ATK:
admin rolled 1d20+2 and got a total of 9:
7

DMG:
admin rolled 1d8:
2
User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
 
Posts: 12855
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Siril hold's his ground, unable to see, while Morck fires his crossbow, hitting a wall.
One of the dwarfs let's loose a war cry and advances into the room.

There is a butish roar and the sound of something hitting the floor. One of the dwarves says something in Dwarvish. Even those that don't speak the language can tell it is a curse.

Brak moves into the room, taking a quick glance around. (15' of movement and a standard action left)

Brak Only: show
braks view.png


  Combat   
[SURPRISE ROUND COMPLETE]
[Round 1]

Group 1:
Moe (8hp dmg) - Total Defense
Dwarf 5
Dwarf 1

Group 2:
Siril (no damage)
Morck (no damage)
Dwarf 4

Group 3: <-- action pending
Brak (1hp damage)
Coty (3hp damage)
Dwarf 6 (Injured)
Dwarf 3
Dwarf 2

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby kabkal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:27 am

Coty, not being able to see what is going on, goes defensive until someone can give directions to the poor little guy.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol
kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby marine7312000 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 am

Brak unleashes an attack at bugbear3.
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Attack:
marine7312000 rolled 1d20+5 and got a total of 24:
19
Damage:
marine7312000 rolled 2d6+6 and got a total of 16:
6, 4
Crit Confirm:
marine7312000 rolled 1d20+5 and got a total of 9:
4
Crit Damage:
marine7312000 rolled 2d6+6 and got a total of 14:
6, 2
User avatar
marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
 
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Brak lets out a warcry and slices the bugbear. It appears to barely be keeping its feet now.
Coty takes a defensive posture

The bugbear in the corner grazes a dwarf with his Morningstar.

Two of the remaining dwarves move into/toward the room, both stopping next to Brak.

One is almost immediately felled by a bugbear's javelin and Brak barely avoids the javelin from another.
Another bugbear draws a morningstar and swings at a dwarf, but misses.

The last dwarf moves into the room.

Zanzer speaks a word of power and two bolts of force lash out, striking Brak and a dwarf.

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
maps for the 2 that can see below the summary


  Combat   
[Round 2]

Group 1:
Zanzer

Group 2: <-- action pending
Moe (8hp dmg) - Total Defense
Dwarf 5 (injured)
Dwarf 1

Group 3:
Siril (no damage)
Morck (no damage)
Dwarf 4

Group 4:
Brak (3hp damage)
Coty (3hp damage) - Total Defense

Group 5:
Bugbear 6
Dwarf 6 (Injured)
Dwarf 3 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Bugbear 2
Bugbear 4
Bugbear 5
Dwarf 2

 



Brak: show
map-post 071 (brak).png

Morck: show
map-post 071 (morck).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby marine7312000 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Brak moves to s 28 and attacks bugbear 1.
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Attack
marine7312000 rolled 1d20+5 and got a total of 14:
9
Damage
marine7312000 rolled 2d6+6 and got a total of 14:
5, 3
User avatar
marine7312000
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
 
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 pm

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
So can assume Moe & Siril are still waiting, but need Morck before I could get down to Brak
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby admin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:40 am

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Hmm according to my sheet, Morck has 3 scrolls of Light...! While I don't recall when we found those, he will cast one in the room to try to dispel the darkness.. If possible, He will try to gain a better view (to cast) by moving in map column 29
User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
 
Posts: 12855
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby ElectroZman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:08 am

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
I can't think of anything to do except run into the room and swing blindly.
Which I wont do. Siril is standing defensively.


We hates darkness spells, we hates them forever!

I'm never prepared for them.
Image Siril: Elven Ranger
Image Argus Mark: Human Fighter
User avatar
ElectroZman
Level 19 Contributor
Level 19 Contributor
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:19 pm

admin wrote:
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Hmm according to my sheet, Morck has 3 scrolls of Light...! While I don't recall when we found those, he will cast one in the room to try to dispel the darkness.. If possible, He will try to gain a better view (to cast) by moving in map column 29


Light is a touch range spell...best case may be to cast it on the torch still held by Moe
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:24 pm

Moe remains in a defensive stance.
Brak & Morck see Dwarf 5 attack the bugbear at -R31 with the axe Morck lent him, badly wounding it
Dwarf 1 strikes the bugbear at -U29, but doesn't do much damage
Bugbear 1 throws a javelin at Brak, but misses
Siril also remains defensive while Morck starts to cast a spell from a scroll (see post just above this one)

  Combat   
[Round 2]

Group 1:
Zanzer

Group 2:
Moe (8hp dmg) - Total Defense
Dwarf 5 (injured)
Dwarf 1

Group 3:
Bugbear 1

Group 4:
Siril (no damage)
Morck (no damage) <-- action pending
Dwarf 4

Group 5:
Brak (3hp damage)
Coty (3hp damage) - Total Defense

Group 6:
Bugbear 6
Dwarf 6 (Injured)
Dwarf 3 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Bugbear 2
Bugbear 4
Bugbear 5
Dwarf 2

 

Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby admin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Cain Eyebright wrote:Light is a touch range spell...best case may be to cast it on the torch still held by Moe
Morck will cast it on a crossbow bolt and thrown it in the room to help out reduce the darkness
User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
 
Posts: 12855
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Morck casts his spell on a bolt and tosses it into the room. While it doesn't negate the darkness, it does counter it enough that Moe's torch shines out one more.

With a grunt, bugbear 3 swings at Dwarf 1 and hits with his morningstar before falling unconscious

Brak steps forward and lashes out at bugbear 1, but the blow strikes only armor.

  Combat   
[Round 2]

Group 1:
Zanzer

Group 2:
Moe (8hp dmg) - Total Defense
Dwarf 5 (injured)
Dwarf 1 (injured)

Group 3:
Bugbear 1

Group 4:
Siril (no damage)
Morck (no damage)
Dwarf 4 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)

Group 5:
Bugbear 3 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)

Group 6:
Brak (3hp damage)
Coty (3hp damage) - Total Defense <-- action pending

Group 7:
Bugbear 6
Dwarf 6 (Injured)
Dwarf 3 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Bugbear 2
Bugbear 4
Bugbear 5
Dwarf 2

 



A map for the 3 without darkvision:
map-post 071 (no darkvision).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby kabkal » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:04 am

Coty will move up to Q26 and stay defensive using the walls to protect his back since he cannot really see much of what is going on. He will keep a watch down the hall to make sure nothing is coming from behind.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol
kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Coty moves to the corner, and keeps an eye out, but at least can now see the part of the hallway that Siril and Moe are in
Brak sees the bugbear in the corner fell the dwarf that was attacking it.
Dwarf 6 moves to stand over his downed friend and tries to stab the bugbear with a dagger, but misses.
Bugbears 2 & 4 try to attack Brak with a javelin and Morningstar, respectively. Neither penetrate Brak's armor.
Bugbear 5 pounds Dwarf 1 into unconsciousness. Dwarf 2 tries to retaliate, but the blow goes very wide.
Zanzer makes a gesture and says an arcane word. A arrow of acid flies out and strikes Brak. Acid sizzles on Brak's skin.

  Combat   
[Round 3]

Group 1:
Zanzer

Group 2: <-- action pending
Moe (8hp dmg) - Total Defense
Dwarf 5 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Dwarf 1 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)

Group 3:
Bugbear 1

Group 4:
Siril (no damage)
Morck (no damage)
Dwarf 4 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)

Group 5:
Bugbear 3 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)

Group 6:
Brak (6hp damage, acid arrow)
Coty (3hp damage) - Total Defense

Group 7:
Bugbear 6
Dwarf 6 (Injured)
Dwarf 3 (unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Bugbear 2
Bugbear 4
Bugbear 5
Dwarf 2

 

Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby admin » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:07 am

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
Do we get an updated map with less 'darkness'?
User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
 
Posts: 12855
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:51 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby smeltdm » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:23 am

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
will post Moe's action tonight
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby smeltdm » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Moe comes out of total defense and moves to -R29, where he will move to engage the closest foe to him. I believe there is a foe to the right just inside the door, and he attacks.
Short sword, Full-one-handed atk:
smeltdm rolled 1d20+5 and got a total of 13:
8

Short sword, damage:
smeltdm rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 4:
2
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby smeltdm » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:27 pm

smeltdm wrote:Moe comes out of total defense and moves to -R29, where he will move to engage the closest foe to him. I believe there is a foe to the right just inside the door, and he attacks.
Short sword, Full-one-handed atk:
Original post: smeltdm rolled 1d20+5 and got a total of 13:
8

Short sword, damage:
Original post: smeltdm rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 4:
2

 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
sorry, few days late...got busy with life
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Postby Cain Eyebright » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 pm

smeltdm wrote:
 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
sorry, few days late...got busy with life


 OUT-OF-CHARACTER:   
I'm even later, and I apologize for that...didn't mean to suddenly drop of the face of the planet, just had a lot of stuff hit all at once in the last week and a half and dropped the ball on a lot of my online things. Working on an update now.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade
Image | Stonebeard: Dwarf Barbarian *ON HIATUS*
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Cleart: Human Sorcerer *COMPLETED*
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to {PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder}

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest