Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

Post Reply
User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Morck casts identify and studies the wand he holds.
MorckShow
The identify spell opens your mind to the intricacies of the wand in your hand and you know its power intimately. It is a Wand of Detect Secret Doors (CL2) with 5 charges remaining. It has no command word, simply hold the tip to your temple and will it to work.
Seeing that every one is ready, Moe presses the stone back into the wall. There is a click and a section of the wall swings into the room, revealing a doorway. As the door swings open, you hear a growl and a grey shape lunges through the opening and bites at Moe. (Moe takes 2 dmg).

[ooc]Surprise round over, initiative below[/ooc]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 1
Group 1 <-- has initiative
Brak (4hp dmg}
Axel
Moe (2hp dmg)
Morck (no dmg)
Coty (1hp dmg) / Linkie (no dmg)

Group 2
Wolf

Group 3
Siril (no dmg)
map-post 044.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by kabkal » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:57 am

[ooc]Since I have never had an animal as a fighter before, how does that work, especially with a 10' reach. Also, does Linkie need to be on the map or is it assumed he is in the same space as I am? His picture is with Coty's in the adventure section.[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:22 pm

kabkal wrote:[ooc]Since I have never had an animal as a fighter before, how does that work, especially with a 10' reach. Also, does Linkie need to be on the map or is it assumed he is in the same space as I am? His picture is with Coty's in the adventure section.[/ooc]


[ooc]Oops, apparently i didn't make the token visible, he is beneath you in your square


Mounted Combat

These rules cover being mounted on a horse in combat but can also be applied to more unusual steeds, such as a griffon or dragon.

Mounts in Combat:
Horses, ponies, and riding dogs can serve readily as combat steeds. Mounts that do not possess combat training (see the Handle Animal skill) are frightened by combat. If you don’t dismount, you must make a DC 20 Ride check each round as a move action to control such a mount. If you succeed, you can perform a standard action after the move action. If you fail, the move action becomes a full-round action, and you can’t do anything else until your next turn.
Your mount acts on your initiative count as you direct it. You move at its speed, but the mount uses its action to move. A horse (not a pony) is a Large creature and thus takes up a space 10 feet (2 squares) across. For simplicity, assume that you share your mount’s space during combat.

Combat while Mounted:
With a DC 5 Ride check, you can guide your mount with your knees so as to use both hands to attack or defend yourself. This is a free action.
When you attack a creature smaller than your mount that is on foot, you get the +1 bonus on melee attacks for being on higher ground. If your mount moves more than 5 feet, you can only make a single melee attack. Essentially, you have to wait until the mount gets to your enemy before attacking, so you can’t make a full attack. Even at your mount’s full speed, you don’t take any penalty on melee attacks while mounted.
If your mount charges, you also take the AC penalty associated with a charge. If you make an attack at the end of the charge, you receive the bonus gained from the charge. When charging on horseback, you deal double damage with a lance (see Charge).
You can use ranged weapons while your mount is taking a double move, but at a –4 penalty on the attack roll. You can use ranged weapons while your mount is running (quadruple speed) at a –8 penalty. In either case, you make the attack roll when your mount has completed half its movement. You can make a full attack with a ranged weapon while your mount is moving. Likewise, you can take move actions normally.

Casting Spells While Mounted:
You can cast a spell normally if your mount moves up to a normal move (its speed) either before or after you cast. If you have your mount move both before and after you cast a spell, then you’re casting the spell while the mount is moving, and you have to make a concentration check due to the vigorous motion (DC 10 + spell level) or lose the spell. If the mount is running (quadruple speed), you can cast a spell when your mount has moved up to twice its speed, but your concentration check is more difficult due to the violent motion (DC 15 + spell level).

If Your Mount Falls in Battle: If your mount falls, you have to succeed on a DC 15 Ride check to make a soft fall and take no damage. If the check fails, you take 1d6 points of damage.

If You Are Dropped: If you are knocked unconscious, you have a 50% chance to stay in the saddle (75% if you’re in a military saddle). Otherwise you fall and take 1d6 points of damage. Without you to guide it, your mount avoids combat.[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Morck will just defend himself for now (total defense action)
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by kabkal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:10 am

Coty will dismount and send Linkie into battle next round once all the fighters are in place.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:57 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Moe draws his Heavy Mace, and slams it with twohands down on the Wolfs head...then takes a five foot step back

 

If he canShow
Heavy Mace atk:[dice]0[/dice]
Heavy Mace dmg:[dice]1[/dice]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Moe takes a five foot step back and draws the Heavy Mace (pri) and Short Sword (off)

 

Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Brak tries to move to engage the creature, swinging his sword. [ooc]Move to -L,1 and attack. Attack: [dice]0[/dice] Damage: [dice]1[/dice] Crit Confirm Attack: [dice]2[/dice] Crit Damage: [dice]3[/dice][/ooc]

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Before anyone else can react, Brak drops the improvised torch he holds, steps forward, and buries his greatsword deep in the wolf's rib cage. The wolf's growl ends in a wimper as it falls.

Axels steps forward and claps Brak on the shoulder. [talk]I knew you would be a useful addition to my group.[/talk]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Brak (4hp dmg}
Moe (2hp dmg)
Morck (no dmg)
Coty (1hp dmg) / Linkie (no dmg)
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Morck blinks twice at the display of swordsmanship. [talk]Ah.. well.. ok[/talk] is all he can say, humbled by Brak's weapon expertise.

[ooc]The sound that Morck heard when he did his guard turn, would it coincide with this opening? Or was it more from the 'top' desk area? I ask because if the sound did NOT come from that new door, Morck would use the Wand to check for other secret doors - specially one near where he hear that noise the previous day...[/ooc]

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by ElectroZman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:04 am

[ooc]I assume we are out of Combat? One way or the other...[/ooc]

Siril moves to inspect where the wolf came from.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:48 am

Brak gives Axel a tense and toothy grin before moving towards Morck, muttering under his breath.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm

[ooc]Quick early post to answer the OoC questions
admin wrote:The sound that Morck heard when he did his guard turn, would it coincide with this opening? Or was it more from the 'top' desk area? I ask because if the sound did NOT come from that new door, Morck would use the Wand to check for other secret doors - specially one near where he hear that noise the previous day...
It came from the direction of that wall, could have been the wolf for all you know.
ElectroZman wrote:I assume we are out of Combat? One way or the other...
Yes, combat ended rather quickly for a change.[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Moe looks at Brak and says...[talk]Thanks...[/talk]
Then suggests...
[talk]I'll take point to check for traps or any other nasty surprise that may of been left behind for us, but I'll need the torch or some other light source thou...[/talk]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 pm

[talk]We have 4x scrolls of light... I can use one on an object if you wish....[/talk] Morck offers. If the offer is accepted, Morck will use one of the Light scrolls.
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 pm

admin wrote:[talk]We have 4x scrolls of light... I can use one on an object if you wish....[/talk] Morck offers. If the offer is accepted, Morck will use one of the Light scrolls.
[talk]Yes, yes that would be good. How about this short sword?[/talk] Moe presents his short sword to Morck...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Morck uses the spell on the sword.

[talk]That should be good for about ten minutes...[/talk] he says.
[ae]Loot
  • 3x Potion of CLW {Morck (red/almonds)}
  • Holy Water {Moe}
  • Holy Water {Axel}
  • Holy Water {Siril}
  • Holy Water {Brak}
  • Potion (Green/Strawberries)?
  • Potion (Transmutation - Orange/Fresh Cream)?
  • Potion of Levitate {Group (Sky Blue/Fresh Rain)}
  • Pearl$100
  • Wand (Divination) (tasseled and with a knob on the end)?
  • Wand? {Coty}
  • Longsword [+1] {Siril}
  • Mace (Evocation)? {Moe}
  • Ring (Abjuration)? {Brak}
  • Gear of Perpetual Motion {Group}
  • Arcane scroll of charm person {Morck}
  • Divine scroll of cure light wounds {Morck}
  • Arcane scroll of detect magic {Morck}
  • Arcane scroll of magic missile {Morck}
  • 2x Arcane scroll of sleep {Morck}
  • 3x Arcane scroll of light {Morck}
Generated by The Loot Divider, Version 1.70[/ae]

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Moe with his short sword held in his off-hand, and his mace in his primary listens at the door before proceeding. If he hears nothing, he he will take a quick peek around the corner. If sees nothing that's a threat, he will survey the room, from the door threshold, for any unwanted traps and such...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Not requiring any light, Morck will follow in the 'last' position in the marching order.

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Brak takes up a position behind Moe, his sword held ready.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:54 pm

Siril moves through the doorway, stepping over the wolf's body. Unfotunately the roome beyond is unlit and the only light is coming from the impromptu torch that Brak dropped on the floor.

Brak steps closer to Morck and Morck casts light on Moe's sword.

Moe holds his sword aloft as he approaches the doorway. Siril is already inside, so Moe leans in to look around further. Siril uses the new light source to move further into the room.

The room is fairly small and mostly empty. There is a doorway in the opposite corner and a shelf mounted high on the wall opposite the doorway you entered through.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Brak (4hp dmg}
Moe (2hp dmg)
Morck (no dmg)
Coty (1hp dmg) / Linkie (no dmg)
map-post 044b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by ElectroZman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 am

Siril allows the light to fill the room then carefully looks around. First trying to spot traps or alarms on the floor leading up to the door. Then he look at the shelf for anything noteworthy.

If nothing of note he'll help Moe inspect the door itself.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Moe moves to the door, listens, and then checks it for traps, and if he finds none, checks if its locked...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Brak moves to stand beside Moe.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:54 pm

[ooc]Sorry, got shanghai'd to the in-laws for easter, and was suffering from shoulder pain the last couple days, so didn't get around to updating.[/ooc]

Siril searches the room while Moe checkes the door.
The room appears to be empty except for some animal waste in the upper left corner, and a worn pair of heavy leather gloves on the back corner of the shelf. The gloves appear to be dust covered and were likely left there some time ago.
The door appears to be free of traps or locks. Moe hears nothing from the other side.

Axel and Brak also move into the room.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Brak (4hp dmg}
Moe (2hp dmg)
Morck (no dmg)
Coty (1hp dmg) / Linkie (no dmg)
Siril (no dmg)
map-post 044c.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by kabkal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 pm

Coty and Linkie follow into the room. Once in Coty will cast detect magic.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by admin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Morck will follow behind Coty

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by smeltdm » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 am

[talk]Ready...[/talk] More a statement than a question, Moe checks that he compains are focused on what he is about to do.
[ooc]I'm assuming that Moe will know weather the door swings in or out. He pushes or pulls the door open and steps back 5 feet...[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 am

Once Moe has moved out of the way, Brak steps through the door and relays what he sees to his companions.

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Coty & Morck move up and Moe pushes the door open into the next room before taking a step back.

The room beyond is lit, and Moe can see what appears to be a metal cell door through the opening.

Brak steps through the door. To his right he sees a metal cell, the door of which swings free in front of him, keeping him from the rest of room. Through the bars of the cell, he can see shelves and racks around the room. There are a large number of sacks piled in the middle of the room. In the far corner is a closed door. Beyond a shelf on the wall in front of him, there appears to be some sort of large mechanism.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Brak (4hp dmg}
Moe (2hp dmg)
Morck (no dmg)
Coty (1hp dmg) / Linkie (no dmg)
Siril (no dmg)
map-post 045.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Day 2 -> Still on the lamb

Post by ElectroZman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 am

[talk]Don't touch anything until we get a chance to look at it.[/talk]

When he has a chance to do so, Siril will move up and inspect the cage, cage door and mechanisms.

THINKING: Although there was animal waste in the room where the wolf came from, is this an animal cage and was the wolf in this?

Or, is it a trap of some kind?


If Moe agrees it's safe to do so, he'll try to close the cage door so that it no longer blocks progress. Quietly.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder} [ENDED]”