Awakening

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Coty stands up and walks out of the cell. Fortunately Jerj didn't get his feet shackled before Axel and Siril gave him the ol' one two. He was not able to get the shackles off of hands though, and hasn't had the minute (10 rounds) neded to try to summon his companion yet.

With a look of disgust, Axel plants his boot in the stomach of Goblin1. The creature doubles over and collapses to the floor, unconscious. Axel then steps over Jerj's body and moves in front of the cell door; effectively blocking the goblins from gettin to Coty, or being able to close the door while he stands.

Siril swings at Goblin4 and connects, dropping him to to the floor as well.

Goblin2 proceeds to stab Siril with his dagger (2hp damage).

Goblin3 takes a swing at Axel and misses by a wide margin. It then says something in a language you most of you don't understand, but it sounds angry. Axel laughs and says something in what may be the same tongue. Goblin3 gets a look of fury and now seems to be focused on Axel.

Goblin5 steps up and rams his dagger into Morck's leg (3hp damage).
Tessara ONLYShow
The language in question is Goblin.
Goblin3: "I will feast on your flesh"
Axel: "You can't even hit me, flat-tooth**"

**flat-tooth: this is a racial epiteph that goblins normally use to refer to humans & elves. Using this term for a goblin is a high insult.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #2

Group 1:
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3: <-- Has initiative
Tessara
Morck
map-post 013.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14771
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Standing his ground, Morck bites at goblin #5

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:59 pm

[ooc]Are my arms shackled in front or in back of my body?[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm

[ooc]
kabkal wrote:Are my arms shackled in front or in back of my body?
In back[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Coty will sit on the stool and try to get his arms in front of him while he continues to really concentrate on summoning Linkie.

[dice]0[/dice]acrobatics.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Tessara, possibly shocked by the destruction of her only 'weapon' fails to react to the combat around her.
Morck again tries to get a bite of goblin, but is once again unsuccessful.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #3

Group 1: <-- Has initiative
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3:
Tessara
Morck
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 am

Siril spin kicks the Goblin next to him.

Attack:
[dice]0[/dice]

Damage:
[dice]1[/dice]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Coty steps over and sits on the stool, trying to work his hands around to a more advantageous position, but he hasn't make any real progress yet

Axel punches Goblin 3 in the face, making the creature's head snap back for a moment before it rights itself.

Siril lauches a kick at Goblin 2, landing a blow on the creature's shoulder, but not before the goblin uses the opening to slice up Siril's calf for 3 damage.

Goblin 2 tries to follow up with a stab at Siril's gut, but the kick knocked him off target and he barely nicks Siril's side for an additional point of damage.

Goblin 3 angrily tries to kick Axel, but Axel is too nimble and the goblin misses.

Goblin 5 manages to strike the wall instead of Morck once more.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #3

Group 1:
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3: <-- Has initiative
Tessara
Morck
map-post 014.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Tessara grabs up Jerg's whip before moving to -A2 and attempting to disarm Goblin 2 with it
OUT OF CHARACTER
CMB: +2
Unfamiliar Weapon: -4

[dice]0[/dice]

 

~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14771
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Morck moves to A-1, and attacks Goblin #5 again.

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

[ooc]I have assumed that an unconscious goblin does not prevent movement - if it does and would provoke an attack of opportunity, then Morck will stay in place![/ooc]
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Tessara picks up Jerj's whip and then takes a step to the side to get a clear shot at Goblin 2. Tessara deftly flicks the whip at the goblin, trying to make it drop the dagger and is successful[ooc]Disarm total was 15, you forgot the +2 for the whip having the 'reach' special property.[/ooc]

Morck takes a step and tries to bite the goblin again, but is still unsuccessful.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #4

Group 1: <-- Has initiative
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3:
Tessara
Morck
map-post 014b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 am

Siril punches the Goblin hard.

Attack:
[dice]0[/dice]
Damage:
[dice]1[/dice]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 am

If that Goblin goes down, Siril will snatch up the dagger.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Coty stays out of the fray still trying to get his friend to appear and trying to get his arms in front of him.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Coty continues to contort himself, trying to get his hands in front of him he almost seems to have it before he has to pull his arms back up to ease the strain for a moment.

Axel strikes Goblin 3 with a hefty punch. Siril punches Goblin 2 as well, and the goblin is starting to look pretty bruised but does not go down.

Goblin 2 picks up his dagger and takes a step toward Tessara and attacks her with a vicious blow, doing 5 points of damage.

Goblin 3 finally manages to land a blow on Axel.

Goblin 5 changes position and lands a knife blow on Morck for 2 damage.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #4

Group 1:
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3: <-- Has initiative
Tessara
Morck
map-post 015.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14771
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Having absolutely no luck in melee combat, Morck the Sorcerer withdraws to -d3, avoiding any AoO from knife wielding goblins
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Thu May 02, 2013 7:06 am

Coty gives up on trying to get his arms in front of him. He continues to try and summon Linkie as he watches for more bad guys a bit since there is nothing else for him to do while his brave new friends take care of the bad guys.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Thu May 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Tessara winces in pain and takes a 5' step to -B1 before lashing out at the goblin with the whip
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack: [dice]0[/dice]
Damage: [dice]1[/dice]

 

~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu May 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Morck quickly withdraws from combat after this latest wound, and now stands near the door out of this room.

Tessara steps back and swings her newfound weapon at Goblin 2 (though not as well as she thought she would, as she is not really familiar with the use of it). Regardless, the goblin takes a stout blow to the temple, and falls unconscious...dropping his dagger.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #5

Group 1: <-- Has initiative
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3:
Tessara
Morck
map-post 015b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Thu May 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Siril takes a step and picks up the fallen goblins dagger.

To the two other goblins he says, [talk]Four down, two to go. Surrender now and we'll just lock you in here. If not..[/talk] He just grins and shrugs. [talk]Now I have a weapon.[/talk]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Fri May 03, 2013 6:53 am

Coty sits and continues to concentrate on Linkie, waiting until the battle is over so he can go search for the key safely.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat May 04, 2013 10:49 am

Coty remains in place.

Axel catches Goblin 3 with a haymaker to the face, knocking the goblin unconscious.

Siril steps over to the corpse of Goblin 2 and picks up the dagger that was dropped. He finds the weapon hard to get a grip on, due to it's smaller size (-2 to attack rolls). He flashes the weapon at the remaining goblin and makes a threat.

The goblin (#5) responds by yelling a single word in a language that Siril doesn't understand then moves foward and stabs Siril for 3 damage. (Siril is now at 0 hp and is 'disabled')
Tessara OnlyShow
The goblin yells the word 'Die!'
[ooc]I have corrected the health bars on the goblins to account for nonlethal>lethal damage conversion.[/ooc]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #5

Group 1:
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3: <-- Has initiative
Tessara
Morck
map-post 016.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 am

Tessara strikes out at Goblin 5 with the whip
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack: [dice]0[/dice]
Damage: [dice]1[/dice]

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
DOH! Somehow I get the feeling I missed...

 

~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14771
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Sat May 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Morck will test for magic by casting an Elemental Ray at the Goblin
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat May 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Tessara tries to hit the goblin using the whip she picked up, but strikes the ceiling instead.

Morck tries to cast a spell, but the block he sensed earlier appears to still be in place and nothing happens.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #6

Group 1: <-- Has initiative
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3:
Tessara
Morck
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1107
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Sat May 04, 2013 4:45 pm

With few options left, Siril withdraws (restricted withdraw as a standard action) to -D0.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Sat May 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Coty remains doing what he has bed doing until the battle is over.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun May 05, 2013 9:45 am

Coty stays put, but Axel addresses Tessara while moving to confront the remaining goblin (at A1). [talk]Cover the cell door, elf-girl. Don't let him get out.[/talk] Axel aims a mighty kick at the goblin. The goblin buries it's dagger in Axel's calf before the kick connects and knocks it out cold.

***COMBAT ENDS***

Axel removes the dagger, dropping it to the ground, and grabs the keys from Jerj's belt before tossing the ring to Tessara. [talk]Elf-girl, get those shackles off of short-stuff. We need to get out of here before someone realizes these guys aren't coming back.[/talk] Axel starts digging through a pouch on the back of Jerj's belt and pulls out a handful of vials. He pops one open and then sniffs the contents. [yell]Great![/yell] he yells, before drinking the contents. You notice the the dagger wound on Axel's leg close and most of his bruises fade. He then looks at Siril, who is covered in bleeding knife wounds and holds out a vial. [talk]You may not be much of a fighter, grumpy-ears, but at least you stood your ground til the end, and I can respect that. Drink this and you'll feel much better.[/talk]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14771
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Sun May 05, 2013 4:11 pm

[talk]Give a healing potion to the wounded dwarf, so he can participate in our escape[/talk] Morck says. He then opens the door to look in the other room.
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Sun May 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Tessara takes the keys and goes over to Coty to release his shackles. After she has unlocked the gnome she looks at the keys debating whether to bring them with her or not in case they are needed later on before deciding to do so. She then joins Morck at the door and putting her hand out to stop him from just moving through. [talk]We'll need to be careful as we move so that we do not get surprised by more guards. We'll also want to be on the lookout for traps and whatnot.[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder} [ENDED]”