Awakening

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: Awakening

Post by rednick90 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:58 pm

[talk]Me thinks we was brought here for a purpose. What, I wonder, would your boss think if ye were to do that?[/talk]
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Still looking at the ceiling, Morck sigh slightly, knowing what is coming.
[talk]Dwarf, you're about to get a crossbow bolt between the eyes... Is that *really* what you want?[/talk] he trails off, wondering if he will need to share a cell with a corpse....
THINKING: wait! A corpse? I am so hungry I could eat a dwarf! he muses to himself.
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Looking at all that is going on Coty will scoot away from the dwarf in case there is any blood splatter. He will remain on the ground trying to figure out why his summoned friend did not appear.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: Awakening

Post by rednick90 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:15 pm

The dwarf grumbles to himself and walks to the corner at -b3 and sits down.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Tessara will continue to watch the creature studying its movements intently and quietly trying to work out different methods that she can escape from the cell
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:08 pm

The creature grins evilly. [talk]I guess you're only half as stupid as you look.[/talk] He glares at the dwarf, then looks at the elf and half-elf as well. [talk]I'll be right back, and if any of you have not moved to the back of the cell and gotten flat on the floor when I do, you'll get a bolt for you trouble.[/talk] He sets the crossbow down on the stool, still loaded, and quickly steps out of the room, grumbling under his breath.
map-post 004.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: Awakening

Post by rednick90 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:39 pm

[talk]can any of you reach that bow?[/talk]
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Morck remains on the floor, hoping the hobgoblin will make good on his promise for food....
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Tessara will grumble to herself as she moves to the back of the cell where she can stretch out on her side on the floor watching the door
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 am

Coty, in his slightly annoying optimistic tone, says [talk]"Maybe if they brought us here for a purpose we will find out if we just obey for now and not worry about trying to get out of here. I am SURE they will release us to do their bidding as soon as they see we are able to be worked with."[/talk] He then goes back to pondering why his magic won't work.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am

Siril continues as before. His back to the door and in a squatting postion on the floor - arms to the sides, head bowed.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm

The creature comes back in with the bound human. He takes one look at Jormungandr and growls angrily. He pushes the human to the floor near the stool and grabs the crossbow. He then steps back to be even with the dwarf and fires.

Jormungandr takes 7 points of damage.

The creature starts reloading while the bound human rolls over and sits up, his back to the wall.
map-post 005.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Morck stays silent, watching the slaughter of the unknown dwarf.
THINKING: I need food.. I need food...
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: Awakening

Post by rednick90 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 pm

Jormungandr slowly rises to his feet and moves to the back of the cell thinking as he goes THINKING: Bad move on your part giving me a weapon. When he gets there he will plop down and pull the bolt out of himself.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 pm

[ooc]
rednick90 wrote:Jormungandr slowly rises to his feet and moves to the back of the cell thinking as he goes THINKING: Bad move on your part giving me a weapon. When he gets there he will plop down and pull the bolt out of himself.
Typically, ammunition that hits it's target is unrecoverable, but what the heck, we'll go with this and see what happens. The bolt is already partially damaged from the hit, so we'll say it is down to half it's hardness...call it 3, and 1 hp left.

Give me two damage rolls...one for the bold and one for you for ripping out the bolt.
1d3-1+StrMod for both. (If you don't get the rolls before I update tomorrow, I'll do them for you)[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Bolt
[dice]0[/dice]

Jor
[dice]1[/dice]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm

As Jormungandr moves to the back of the cell, the creature finishes reloading and moves to the bound human. [talk]If you try anything, you'll get one too.[/talk]

The human struggles to his feet, using the wall to brace himself. [talk]I know the bastard you call a boss wants me to suffer, Jerj. He's been stalking me for years, and he'd be angry if you killed me before he's done with me.[/talk] The man smirks at the creature.

In response the creature slugs him in the gut before setting down the crossbow and dragging him over to the cell door.


Meanwhile, Jormungandr grips the bolt in his hand and yanks it out. A small spurt of blood comes out with it, before he falls over, unconscious.
map-post 006.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:12 am

[talk]Excuse me sir jailer - would it be possible to have some food?[/talk] Morck asks
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 pm

The creature, called Jerj by the human, swiftly unlocks the door and quickly pushes the boud human inside before relocking it. He then picks up the crossbow and starts to leave when Morck makes his request. He stops for a moment, looking at Morck, before he gurnts and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

The bound man stumbles for a moment before righting himself. After you are all alone, the man turns to the rest of you and holds out his bound arms.

[talk]My name's Axel. Untie my hands, will you?[/talk]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 pm

So there was no chance to charge the door then?

In that case Siril stands and leans against the wall, watching.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Coty looks the new prisoner over, gets up and says [talk]"Welcome to our humble home. You seem to know who that was, do you know why we are here?"[/talk] He will also untie the man as he talks in his cheerful voice.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Tessara will stand up and go over to where the dwarf lies unconscious to see if he is still alive and to check the state of the bolt that he pulled out of himself. Depending on the condition, she may pick it up before she goes to gather the small animal bones to look them over as a possible means of picking the lock
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:07 pm

[ooc]
ElectroZman wrote:So there was no chance to charge the door then?
That is why I paused when Axel was dragged over to the door, to give everyone a chance to ready an action if desired.[/ooc]

Coty stands and starts a conversation with your new cellmate while untying the short piece of rope that bound his hands. *You now have a roughly 10' length of hemp rope*

Tessara sees that the dwarf is unconscious, but not bleeding out, then picks up the discarded bolt. The bolt has a lot of damage to the shaft and would probably shatter if any real force was applied to it, but the head is intact. She then steps over to pick up the small animal bones. You could probably use them to try to pick the lock after rubbing off some of the edges against the stone floor, but they are flimsy and may break if you aren't careful in the attempt.

Siril stands and quietly watches everyone else.

Morck remains on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

Axel rubs his unbound wrists for a moment before responding with an oily grin. [talk]Aye, I know why we are all here, but useful information always has a price. I'll tell you what I know for two gold pieces.[/talk]
map-post 007.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Now that the hobgoblin is finally gone, Morck stands up.
Looking at the newcomer: [talk]I'll pass. I don't have two gold pieces under my straw bed[/talk] he says, pointing at the floor in general.

He then makes his way to the center of the room, and examines the light as best he can - shielding his eyes from most of the glare with a hand.
[ooc]a) what does the source of light looks like? What kind of material?
b) Does it gives off any heat? Can it be touched? (is the ceiling high?)
c) Is it something that could be broken or removed?[/ooc]
admin

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Coty looks at the new come, in a happy voice says[talk]"where do you think a have money? Our willingness to help you should be worth more than any money."[/talk]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Tessara looks over at Axel with a look of innocence. [talk]I'm pretty sure that your buddy, Jerg I think you called him, will tell us eventually why we are here; and if not him, then someone else. It may take a little longer though...[/talk]

Going over to the looked cell door, she starts to examine the lock to determine how easy it will be to pick. [talk]At the moment however, I am more interested in knowing how long we have until either he, or someone else, comes back. That and knowing whether you have a plan to get out of here or are willing to help us out.[/talk]

Pausing for a moment to gather her thoughts, she continues, [talk]Two gold for information and assistance with getting out might not be so bad. But payment would have to wait until we are clear of this place, and I am not just talking about this cell.[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:57 am

Siril moves to -B1 and keeps watch (eyes and ears) on the outer door.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Axel smirks at Tessara. [talk]If it is future payment we're talking about, let's say we make this a little more interesting. We'll dice, you for information, and me for gold. You can all play if you want. For each pass, if one of you wins, I'll tell you a tidbit of what I know. If I win the pass, each of you will owe me a gold piece when we get out of here.[/talk] Axel lifts hit foot then twists the heel of his boot. A set of dice drops into his hand. He takes one for himself, then offers the rest for you each to pick one. [talk]So, what do you say?[/talk] He looks down at Coty. [talk]Since short stuff here untied me, he can choose first, and I'll even spot him a gold piece the first time he loses. You can't say fairer than that.[/talk] All of you, except Jormungandr, are now standing around Axel so the dice are easily visible. In Axel's hand, you see a d4, d6, d8, d10, and a d12.
Morck OnlyShow
A) It seems to emmanate from the stone ceiling, with no obvious source.
B) Not that you can feel holding up your hand. The ceiling is 10' high, but you can get a brief touch by jumping.
C) It would be extremely hard to break one of the stones free, maybe impossible, with your lack of tools. Even if you could, it is possible the ceiling could collapse, depending on what is above you.
Tessara OnlyShow
It is obvious that the person who made this lock didn't want anyone leaving without the key. You think you might be able to pick it, but the mediocre 'tools' you have available will likely not survive a failure.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14761
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 pm

[talk]I say let's help each other get out of here, instead of playing dice. Here is free information: This light above us seems to also suppress magic[/talk] Morck says, pointing to the light source.
[talk]If magic were active, I would be able to melt the lock...[/talk] he sights, wondering how a magical light source can also defy magic.
[talk]In any case, be careful what you do - I think our jailer will be bringing us food soon... Let's consider what to do after we've eaten![/talk] he suggests.

Morck then walks to each corner, placing himself as far as the light source as possible (crouching in each corner, one by one) and attempts to cast a spell to see if he is out of range of that anti-magic area.
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Tessara gives a strange look towards Axel and looks closely at the dice he is holding out, [talk]Umm... no thanks... I'm a treasure hunter... not a gambler...[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder} [ENDED]”