Awakening

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 pm

[ooc]New update schedule it is.[/ooc]

Coty and Morck sate their gnawing hunger while Jormungandr remains unconscious at the back of the cell.

Siril threatens Axel while Tessara moves to his other side and reaches throught the bars to manipulate the lock. Axel responds. [talk]We need a plan to get out of here or we're in trouble and none of you seem to be coming up with anything except elf-girl....and she's trying to open the door with a rat bone...[/talk] Axel's statement is punctuated by a snapping sound as the bone breaks in Tessara's haste to pick the lock. [talk]...so what I know is that you'd all better do what I say if you want to get out of here cause you ain't smart enough to stand a chance on your own.[/talk]

Axel looks around the cell for a moment before his eyes settle on Coty. [talk]Here's what we'll do. The rest of us will crouch around the back sides of the cell and act like we're afraid of being taken. Short-stuff wil be out in the middle and closer to the cell door. When Jerj comes in to shackle us, short-stuff will drop to the floor and beg and cry to not be taken. We'll let Jerj bend over to shackle his hands, and when he goes to do the feet too, the rest of us will jump him.[/talk]

Axel looks at all of you. [talk]Got that?[/talk]
Coty OnlyShow
You have still been trying to determine Axel's motive. While you aren't sure about everything, you do believe that he wants to escape the cell and that he thinks his plan will work.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2829
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Coty responds[talk]"I agree with your plan, but this does not make you our leader. I still do not trust you fully."[/talk] Coty will take his spot according to the plan.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Siril looks at him carefully, does he meet his eyes or not?

[talk]I'll agree on two conditions. First, tell us what you know, now. Second, since you are the one who put us in this position, and also since it's your bright idea, you are the one who sits in the middle, whining and crying.[/talk]

THINKING: Seems like you're pretty good at that, plus we can keep an eye on you. With some luck, we might even be able to get you shackled.

[talk]Better make your mind up quick.[/talk]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14775
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Turning toward Axel: [talk]hmm I like the Elf's plan... you play bait and cry on the floor. Simply complain that we all beat you after you squashed the food and water skins...That is close enough to the truth anyways after your childish behavior... And he did see you standing in the puddle of water soaked bread. Once he enters, we'll all jump him. And now that I think of it, it would be wise to soften your FACE a bit too, ya know, for realism...[/talk] Morck says, grinning awfully, showing his oversize canines.

[talk]You can borrow a bit of blood and smear it on your face...[/talk] he suggest, pointing at the bloodied dwarf that was hit by the bolt.
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 am

Tessara thinks quickly before speaking her thoughts. [talk]It would probably be more likely since too all things considered As was pointed out, you were in the middle of the destroyed food and water, and would put you in a closer position to attack him as we jump.[/talk] Turning to Coty, she continues, [talk]No offense short stuff, but he is more likely to be able to do more damage hand to hand than you would.[/talk]

As she finishes speaking she moves towards the back of the cell and palms the bolt so that she has it held like an improvised dagger. [whisper]Here's hopin' this works.[/whisper]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Coty looks Axel in the eye for a moment, then agrees to the plan and moves toward the center of the cell.

[talk]Good ma....er...gnome...[/talk]. Axel begins to move toward the the back of the cell, but the rest of you confront him first.

He responds to Siril first. [talk]I know we don't have much time before he comes back with the chains, so we don't have time for your arguments.[/talk] *begins addressing the rest of you as well* [talk]Besides, I didn't hear any of you coming up with a plan, so we'll do it my way. And elf-girl is right. I can hurt Jerj more than short-stuff, but I won't be able to jump him if I let him shackle me first. Anyway, if his punches didn't make me whimper before he threw me in here, why would he believe I would be weeping from ya'lls weak blows?[/talk]

Axel steps to the cell wall near Coty and crouches down slightly while facing towards Coty. [talk]Just keep him distracted short-stuff, and I'll let you get a good kick in after I take him down.[/talk] *looks at Morck & Siril* [talk]Get in place before he comes back and you screw this up.[/talk]

As if to punctuate Axel's last statement, you hear a bellowing voice approaching.
map-post 010.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14775
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:21 pm

THINKING: That human is unbelievable...
Morck watches what happens, wondering if the jailer will be as stupid as this Axel character seems to think.
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Tessara crouches down slightly making it look like she is cowering against the wall, while she is actively ready to jump Jerg and use the bolt that she is keeping hidden between her body and the wall
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 pm

The door opens and Jerj storms into the room, followed by a number of smaller assistants. The last one through the door closes it behind him. Axel carries a set of shackles and has the ring of keys in hand. The whip hangs from his belt once more. [yell]Stand back![/yell] he loudly orders, looking at Siril.

[ae]Initiative:
Coty
Axel
Siril

Jerj
Goblins

Tessara
Morck[/ae]
map-post 011.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14775
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:09 pm

[ooc]Clarification request: Are the goblins holding any weapons in hand?[/ooc]

Perception roll if required
[dice]0[/dice]

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 pm

admin wrote:[ooc]Clarification request: Are the goblins holding any weapons in hand?[/ooc]

Perception roll if required
[dice]87553:0[/dice]
Not that you can see. They seem to be mostly holding more shackles, though the one that closed the door has his shackles over his shoulder
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Siril backs off to C2 and gives the Dwarf a "nudge" with his foot. Well, maybe more than a nudge.
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Jerj watches as the elf moves back and kicks the still unconcious dwarf. After a moment, Jerj unlocks the cell door.

Coty, playing his part in the plan starts to beg Jerj to have mercy.

Jerj grabs a smaller set of shackles from one of the goblins and enters the cell and begins restraining the gnome. Some of the goblins move into the cell in his wake.

***we have now entered combat initiative***
map-post 011b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 am

[ooc]OK, so this is my first pbp. Siril is 3rd. I suppose I wait until the moves for Coty and Axel are posted, then post Sirils.

Did Siril get a chance to awaken the Dwarf yet, or is that something that needs to wait for my turn?

How many rounds will it take for Jerj to put shackles on Coty?[/ooc]

THINKING: This is gonna hurt...
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14775
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 am

[ooc]
ElectroZman wrote:OK, so this is my first pbp. Siril is 3rd. I suppose I wait until the moves for Coty and Axel are posted, then post Sirils.
Negative: You post in the 'group' of players you are in - waiting on others in the same group will slow down things. So group #1 posts (in any order), then the NPC goes, then the rest of us.
Usually, I add a "<- your turn" comment (example) after the character's names to signify who can post, but that's just me. You can then monitor actions of people BEFORE you, in case they invalidate your own. For instance, if you say you go to A1, but someone else above you in the init order also goes to that square, you need to adjust your position accordingly...!
Hope this helps!
P.S. To 'see' the codes I use for initiative, simply try a reply (with Quotes) to see the BBCodes involved. of course, you can just navigate away without posting![/ooc]

admin

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:57 am

[ooc]
admin wrote:
ElectroZman wrote:OK, so this is my first pbp. Siril is 3rd. I suppose I wait until the moves for Coty and Axel are posted, then post Sirils.
Negative: You post in the 'group' of players you are in - waiting on others in the same group will slow down things. So group #1 posts (in any order), then the NPC goes, then the rest of us.
OK, got it. Thanks.

So I need answers to my questions before I can decide what to do then...[/ooc]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

[ooc]
ElectroZman wrote:OK, got it. Thanks.

So I need answers to my questions before I can decide what to do then...
Well, I did note that you kicked the dwarf, but he's still under from the damage he received, so he didn't wake up.

Technically, it would take about 4 rounds for Coty to be half shackled as the plan called for; but assuming you are all sticking to the plan, I went ahead and advanced to that point.[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Siril steps to B1 while Jerj is still bent over restraining Coty, and performs an unarmed strike (gives him a Kick to the head).

rolls:
[dice]0[/dice] to hit

[dice]1[/dice] for damage

[ooc]I'm assuming Jerj is unarmed, thus no attack of opportunity, but even if he is, I do the same.[/ooc]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2829
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Coty will play his part and wait to see what happens.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:08 am

As Jerj angrily shackles Coty, Axel suddenly takes a step forward and slams a fist down into Jerj's kidney and follows it up with a rabbit punch to the side. Jerj recoils in shock and pain, only to have Siril's foot catch him hard on the chin as he tries to stand up. Jerj's eyes roll up in his head as he falls to the cell floor like a side of beef.

The goblins swarm into the cell, dropping the shackles in the process. Two of the goblins (#2 & #5) draw small daggers as they move in. #1 attacks Axel while #'s 3 and 5 go after Morck. #'s 2 and 4 attack Siril.

Axel takes a goblin fist to the thigh. Morck takes a fist to the gut (1 nonlethal damage) but in trying to avoid the first goblin, also moves out of the way of the #5's dagger strike which hits the wall instead. Siril, on the other hand, dodges the fist but #2's dagger scores a shallow cut (2 damage)
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #1

Group 1:
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3: <-- Has initiative
Tessara
Morck
map-post 012.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14775
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:21 am

Attack of Opportunity vs Goblin #3 (which punched Morck) unless it has the Improved Unarmed Strike feat (in which case, disregard this attack):

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14775
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: Awakening

Post by admin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:23 am

Morck will attack goblin #5 then step back 5' to B-2

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid
Image

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Tessara will move from her current position at D1 to C0 then up to A0 and finally over to -A1 where she will attack Goblin 4 using the crossbow bolt as an improvised dagger
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack
Attack Bonus: +4 [whisper](due to Weapon Finesse Feat)[/whisper]
Attack Penalty: -4 [whisper](due to Improvised Weapon)[/whisper]
Attack Bonus: +2 [whisper](due to Flank with Siril)[/whisper]
[dice]0[/dice]

Damage
[dice]1[/dice] [whisper]Regular[/whisper]
[dice]2[/dice] [whisper]Sneak[/whisper]

 

~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Morck, apparently still hungry even after eating two loaves of bread, tries to get a mouthful of goblin...but the goblin's small stature makes them a bit harder to sink his teeth into and he misses.

Tessara deftly slips between the goblins and over Jerj before using the crossbow bolt she palmed to stab at a goblin. The blow is successful, but the bolt shatters. The goblin is now bleeding freely from a shoulder wound, but still stands.

[ooc]As Siril is unarmed, he does not threaten the squares around him, so does not count for flanking purposes and thus there is no sneak attack damage.[/ooc]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round #2

Group 1: <-- Has initiative
Coty
Axel
Siril

Group 2:
Jerj
Goblins

Group 3:
Tessara
Morck
map-post 012b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2829
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:12 pm

While all the commotion is going on Coty will try to slip out of the cell into the hallway. From there he will try to summon Linkie. He will also try to get out of the shackles, hoping they did not get snapped on tight enough with all of the excitement.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:30 pm

[ooc]
kabkal wrote: He will also try to get out of the shackles, hoping they did not get snapped on tight enough with all of the excitement.
Give me an escape artist check.[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

User avatar
ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by ElectroZman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Siril gives the goblin at A1 a strong uppercut to the jaw.

Attack:
[dice]0[/dice]

Damage:
[dice]1[/dice]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Ealdwulf » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 pm

[ooc]Are the Goblins wearing armor?[/ooc]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

Image
SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

User avatar
Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 pm

[ooc]
Ealdwulf wrote:Are the Goblins wearing armor?
No[/ooc]
Image
Image
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2829
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: Awakening

Post by kabkal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Escape check
[dice]0[/dice]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder} [ENDED]”