Jailbreak!

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Re: Jailbreak!

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:47 am

Thinking of the poor half-breed that had accompanied the party at first, Siril takes one last glance back down the hallway, but the webs still hang at the far end and he hear's no sounds. She must have fallen to her death in the pit.

Siril turns back and opens the door, and takes a quick glance around. This office like room is littered with assorted objects. A desk and chair sit on one wall, a short bookshelf nearby. A weapon rack and wall shelf are along the far wall. On the floor is a bound and hooded figure that is not moving. There doesn't appear to be any way out of the room.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Siril (1 hp dmg)
Brak (5hp dmg0
Coty (2hp dmg)
Morck (5hp dmg)
map-post 042.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by ElectroZman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:03 am

Siril intends to move in to let others into the room, but he scans the area for traps first, including the bound figure on the floor.

Perception [dice]0[/dice]

If all seems clear, then he moves and starts looking for another way out.

Perception [dice]1[/dice]
Image Siril: Elven Ranger
Image Argus Mark: Human Fighter

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Morck will investigate/search the Desk, leaving the hooded figure for the others.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 am

Seeing no obvious traps, Siril moves into the room, motioning to the others that everything seems clear. He starts around the edge of the room, searching for an exit.

Morck moves to the desk. A stack of parchment, pen, and ink well sit here; the top sheet has been written on. Looking more closely, it seems to be a form containing the description of a person named Moe. Below the name are listed a crime and cost, in this case, theft and 10gp respectively. It goes on to list physical characteristics such as green eyes and black hair, before it stops suddenly. The next few pages in the stack are blank copies of the same form. Next to the parchment sits a pointed stick.

Axel comes in and starts looking over the bound man.

Brak & Coty remain in the hall.
map-post 042b.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:54 pm

[talk]Hmm this paper talks about 'Moe', a guy with back hair and green eye - might be this guy[/talk] he points at the form on the floor.
Morck turns his attention to the drawers of the desk, checking them one by one.

[ooc]
Cain Eyebright wrote:Next to the parchment sits a pointed stick.
Is that a pen?[/ooc]
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:09 pm

admin wrote:[talk]Hmm this paper talks about 'Moe', a guy with back hair and green eye - might be this guy[/talk] he points at the form on the floor.
Morck turns his attention to the drawers of the desk, checking them one by one.

[ooc]
Cain Eyebright wrote:Next to the parchment sits a pointed stick.
Is that a pen?[/ooc]
No, the quill/feather is the pen. Try downloading the map image and opening it at full size. Should be able to see a lot of detail that way.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:27 pm

[ooc]
Cain Eyebright wrote:No, the quill/feather is the pen. Try downloading the map image and opening it at full size. Should be able to see a lot of detail that way.
Ah ok!!
Morck will also examine this 'stick' as he rummages through the desk (while the others handle Sleeping Beauty)[/ooc]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 am

The drawers are mostly empty, but Morck finds additional writing materials in the top drawer, and a bottle of wine and some glasses in the bottom right drawer.

Looking back at the 'pointed stick' it appears to be perfectly straight and feels very smoothe except for a rough section at the base. Looking closer, you see that the rough section is a carved symbol of the god of magic.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:21 am

[ooc]Would the stick be a wand? Morck will try to detect magic on the wand.[/ooc]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:33 pm

Morck thinks the stick may be a wand, and tried to cast Detect Magic. Unfortuantely, Morck's spells are still not working

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:08 am

Coty moves into the room, when he has a chance he will ask to look at the stick. If it is given to him he will examine the stick to see if he can visually see what it is and then step back to the hallway, wave the stick and if nothing happens he will go back into room.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:23 am

Morck hands over the wand to Coty, then moves to examine/search the bookshelf

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Coty inspects the stick and notes the symbol of the god of magic as well. He steps into the hallway to try to activate the supposed wand, but waving it around doesn't seem to work. Perhaps it has a command phrase.

Morck starts searching the bookshelf. There are assorted books, of course, and some scrolls. He finds another stick, this one tasseled and with a knob on the end instead of a point.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:35 pm

[talk]Axel, you should wake him up... he's probably going to be willing to help us escape.[/talk]Morck says. He pockets the un-identified wand, and starts to examine the scrolls.
Cain in chat wrote:[20:42] <Cain_> Feel free to stick about 6 spellcraft checks on that post...assuming you try to decipher the scrolls
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Morck tells Axel to wake the unconscious man then glances through the scrolls he found on the shelf. He is certain that the scrolls are magic spells, but he is unable to decipher the writings in the short time he looks at each. While unfurling the scrolls, he does realize that one was held closed by a brass ring, and not a leather tie like the others.

Axel kneels next to the prisoner. [talk]Aye, fine.[/talk] He shakes the man's shoulders a few times. The prisoner wakes after a moment, but seems a bit groggy. [talk]Who are you?[/talk] Axel asks.
smeltdmShow
You have your clothes, but none of your other gear unless it was hidden in your clothing. No weapons, either way.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Siril (1 hp dmg)
Brak (5hp dmg}
Coty (2hp dmg)
Morck (5hp dmg)
Moe (3hp nonlethal dmg)
map-post 042c.png

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:11 am

[talk]Huh...Who are you?[/talk] Moe shakes his head, as if trying to clear his vision as he looks around the room...[talk]Are you the ones that druged me?[/talk] Moe surveys the room, eyes trying to focus as he assesses his situation, waiting for an answer to his own question before he gives his name...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:28 am

Coty will pocket the wand to keep it safe has he enters the room. Seeing the man awake he approaches in his overly cheerful, and annoying, manner. [talk]No sir, we did not drug you. We are trying to get out of here. My name is Coty. What is your name? How did you get here? I am not sure how I got here. Can you do magic? Do you want to help us get out of here? Did I ask, what is your name?[/talk] His voice then trails off as he realizes people are probably looking at him as he talks. He then backs away into a corner area, still a bit excited that he met a new friend.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Impressed by the Gnome's bluntness, Moe responds in kind...[talk]Coty glad to meet you too. My name is Morgan James, and my friends call me Moe...You may call me Moe Coty.[/talk] looking around a bit more....[talk]and how did I get here? Well that I don't rightly know, but do think I was drugged and woke up here with him in my face.[/talk] Moe motions towards Axel...looking back to Coty [talk]Magic user, no, my talents revolve more around getting in and out of places, and yes I will help were I can...[/talk] Realizing ther're others in the room and having seen Brack outside the room when Coty came in... [talk]Who might the rest of you be and your muscle just outside the door?[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:55 pm

Brak keeps an eye on the hallway as his companions introduce themselves to Moe. When it seems to be his turn, he looks at Moe and says [talk]I'm Brak. Last thing I remember was getting into a fight in a bar and getting knocked out by the city guard.[/talk]

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:14 pm

[talk]Hi Moe, I'm Morck... and we're all prisoners trying to escape. Hence why we woke you up - I'm betting you'd like to get out of here as well...and the more the merrier![/talk]
Morck says quickly. He then rolls all the scrolls together and holds them with the brass ring. He also takes the second wand. He then moves to the southern desk to search it.
Thanks!!

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:53 pm

The party greets their latest member. Siril and Brak remain where they are and Coty self conciously moves to the corner (-L-3)

[talk]I'm ...[/talk] Axel gives a massive yawn. [talk]...Axel, the leader of the band of escapees. I'm glad you are with us, though you look rather woozy.[/talk] Axel starts to untie Moe's bonds.

Morck gathers the items from the shelf and moves to th small shelf on the wall near Moe. He sees another scroll, a number of vials of liquid, and a device that appears to be a clock, though he has never heard of one this small, and that is running withoug sign of water. Nearby is a weapon rack from which hang a sword and a mace.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Morck examines the scroll and the vials, hoping these potions are identified with a label.
After then, he examines this 'clock' in more details... THINKING: I wonder if this is the reason I cannot use magic...
[talk]Hey Coty, come and look at this device...[/talk] he calls out to the other caster.

Spellcraft for the latest scroll
[dice]0[/dice]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:23 pm

The clock is in a very ornate wooden housing and you hear a soft clicking sound come from it at what appears to be one second intervals. The clicking does not change as you you lift the clock or move it around for inspection. There is a glass or crystal cover on the front that covers the hands, it appears that the cover can be removed. There is a small door on the bottom of the clock with a small catch. Reading the clock face, it currently shows that it is just before 9pm. Just knowing the time makes you feel even more tired.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Moe looks around the room while Axel unties him. Spotting the mace and sword on the wall and seeing the rest are armed. [talk]You didn't happen to see any of my gear? A couple of short swords, some thieves tools, and a dagger, studded leather armor...[/talk]as his voice trails off he stairs at the sword thinking...THINKING: Is that a shortsword...
Image Moe Human/Rogue

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by ElectroZman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:01 pm

[talk]Siril[/talk]

and continues to look for another way out of here.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 pm

smeltdm wrote:as his voice trails off he stairs at the sword thinking...THINKING: Is that a shortsword...
Moe shakes his head and looks again. The rack holds a longsword and a heavy looking mace. Even after shaking his head, he seems to see a very slight glow coming from the sword.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Moe moves to take the Sword as soon as he is free...upon examining the long-sword he leaves it and offers..[talk]I'm not proficient with this weapon, I do wish I were it appears to be magical. But, perhaps one of you that is carrying a rapier or short-sword and a dagger would trade..[/talk] Looking to Siril [talk]Siril, I hear the Elves are proficient with Long-swords. Perhaps we could trade[/talk]...Moe takes the mace & long-sword hoping Siril will trade...
Image Moe Human/Rogue

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by ElectroZman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:00 pm

[ooc]Siril has picked up more than one weapon in the past hour or two, I'm pretty sure one of them was a shortsword.[/ooc]
He sheathes the weapon in his hand, a longsword, pulls the shortsword from his belt, and exchanges it for the longsword Moe offers.

He's looks at it closely and tries to evaluate what might be special about it.

[talk]Any idea what the magic might be? I'm not so sure I trust very much in this place.
There must be another way out of here. Otherwise we've hit a dead end. We know our captor came in here....[/talk]
He stops talking abruptly, having said more in that sentence than in the last hour combined.

Once Siril has finished his examination of the sword, he returns to his search for a way out.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:36 pm

[talk]I dunno about the sword... my magical abilities are still impared somehow. As for a way out, check that torch over there (Morck points to -O, 1) .. It does not seem to shed any light. Perhaps it's a lever to a door or some such...[/talk]he trails off, still concentrating on the weird clock.

Morck will open the small door on the bottom of the clock, to see if he can understand how it works - and possibly turn it 'off' without smashing it on the hard floor!
Thanks!!

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Siril introduces himself while Moe stands and inspects the weapons on the wall. Moe notes the faintest of green glows coming from the sword and both the sword and mace appear to be well-made. He and Siril trade swords. Siril also notes the faint glow. Siril is not certain what magic the sword may have beyond the glow.

[ooc]Yes, Siril had a shortsword. SmeltDM, I assume Moe will be using the heavy mace as primary with the shortsword as offhand for two-weapon fighting?[/ooc]

Morck points out that his magic is still on the fritz, and keeps inspecting the clock. Opening the door on the bottom, he sees a number of gears and cogs. He isn't familiar with clock mechanisms, so isn't sure how it all works, but after a minute of observastion, he realizes that one of the gears appears to be turning of its own accord, and thus powering the rest of the clock. He isn't sure if he can stop the gear without damaging the rest of the clock though.

Axel steps to the torch sconce pointed out by Morck and inspects it, then moves his hand near it. [talk]Looks like it just burned out a short time ago, the stub is still warm.[/talk] He glances at the other, still burning, torches in the room while emitting a small yawn. [talk]Looks like we have maybe half an hour before all of the rest go out as well. Maybe we should hole up here long enough to all get some sleep and keep up our strength. We can each take a watch while the others rest.[/talk]

Return to “{PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder}”