Jailbreak!

Groggily waking up with a parched throat on a hard floor in a room smelling of stale, unwashed bodies is never the best way to start your day. Realizing that you aren't alone and that one wall is made of bars and not stone like the rest just means that it's going to be even worse than you thought. Your life will be getting very interesting, very soon. A one-shot module for level 1 characters, the players must escape their imprisonment, or face the consequences.

Moderator: Cain Eyebright

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Re: Jailbreak!

Post by smeltdm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Moe thanks Siril for the short-sword, and begins to inspect the perimeter of the room checking each torch to determine if they might be levers that may operate some hidden door. He even takes time to move the furniture in the room checking behind and under each, looking for hidden compartments. Stopping only when the torch light begins to flicker
[talk]I'll take the first watch...[/talk]
Cain Eyebright wrote: [ooc]Yes, Siril had a shortsword. SmeltDM, I assume Moe will be using the heavy mace as primary with the shortsword as offhand for two-weapon fighting?[/ooc]
Yes, shortsword as offhand weapon
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Coty finally calms down and realizes someone was talking to him. He goes over and looks at the clock, and shakes his head [talk]Weird magic indeed.[/talk] After looking at the clock for a bit Coty will go look at the vials (if they are still out) and see if there are any writings or symbols on them. He then mutters to himself more then the group [talk]I wonder if one of these took our magic????[/talk]

He then asks Moe [talk]Since you are good at getting into and out of places do you see a way out of here?[/talk] Hoping he didn't miss someone asking this as he was standing in the corner. He then tries a bit of magic again hoping to have time on his side this time. He will go all around the room, climb on furniture, under furniture and anywhere else in the room trying a spell or two to see if something will work.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 pm

In response to Coty's comment Moe comments... [talk]I'm working on it![/talk] and keeps searching.

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by ElectroZman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:18 am

[ooc]How long has it been since we woke up?[/ooc]
Image Argos Mark: Human Fighter
Image Elion: Sorceror
Image Texudus Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Flick: Half-Elf Unchained Rogue

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:39 am

ElectroZman wrote:[ooc]How long has it been since we woke up?[/ooc]
[ooc]Woke up is a strong term...it would be more accurate to say you came out of your drugged stupor a few hours ago. I'll update the pbp tonight, to give you time to add a response.[/ooc]
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by ElectroZman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:48 am

THINKING: I suppose we must stop for a bit, but I won't be able to rest until I find the way out of here.

Siril continues to scour the room looking for their way out.

He asks, [talk]Could any of those items you've found provide a magical means of leaving this room?[/talk]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Moe starts searching widdershins around the edge of the room, starting with the torch next to Coty (-L-2). The sconce seems well anchored, though he could probably rip it off of the wall if he put enough effort into it. Every few minutes, he feels a slight wave of dizziness...remnants of being woken up before the drugs had run their course.

Siril assists Moe in the searching.

Coty moves next to Morck and looks at the clock, then inspects the vials. All of the vials are unlabeled. He then begins to move about the room, trying to cast spells. Eventually he hauls the desk chair around to stand in as well, but is still stymied in his arcane attempts.

Siril wonders if one of the items in the room would allow them passage. Both Coty and Morck would agree it is possible, but without knowing what the items truly are, it is impossible to be certain.

Axel moves to the corner that Coty vacated, and starts to get comfortable.

Moe continues to work around the room. The wall mounted shelf and weapon rack seem well anchored as does the torch next to Morck, which gutters out as Moe is pulling on the sconce. To the normal sighted humans, that corner of the room is slightly shadowed now. He moves to the bookcase and starts piling the books next to it so that he can move it off of the wall.

Looking at the last two torches, you estimate that the one next to Axel will burn out first, in 5-10 minutes, and the one near Brak probably has around 15 minutes left.

Moe volunteers to take the first watch when the time comes. Axel offers to go second.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Siril (1 hp dmg)
Brak (5hp dmg}
Coty (2hp dmg)
Morck (5hp dmg)
Moe (3hp nonlethal dmg)
map-post 042d.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Morck will try to identify the potions (how many are there anyways?)

Once that is done, he will:

[talk]Guys, I'll try to stop this timing device... Coty, when I do, try to cast one of your spells to see if magic has returned ok?[/talk]Morck says.
[talk]And watch out for anything abnormal...![/talk] he warns.

Once people are ready, Morck will gently use a finger to stop the motion of one of the small wheels, being extra careful not to [yet] break the clock device
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:53 am

[talk]Is that device some kind of magic trap?[/talk] says Moe as he watches Morck fiddle with the clock device...[talk]Maybe I could disable it without destroying it...[/talk]

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:04 pm

[talk]I don't know if it is trapped... but be my guest - try to disable it! I am hoping this is the reason why I can't cast spells...[/talk] Morck says.
Join us on Image
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Tiho: Ghostwise Halfling Druid

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Moe looks to Siril and asks...[talk]Mind if I borrow your dagger? Basic thieves tool you know...[/talk] If Siril gives up the dagger, Moe will check to see if it is trapped and attempt to disable the device using the dagger as improvised thieves tool..

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by ElectroZman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Siril hands Moe a dagger.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Moe starts to work on device...

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:14 am

If the clock stops Coty will try and cast Detect Magic to see if his spells return.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:02 pm

[ooc]Sorry, with valentine's weekend, I forgot to update.[/ooc]

Moe takes the clock and moves over to the torch that has the most time left. He fiddles with the dagger and the clock for several minutes before removing the gear that was powering it. The clock stops, though the gear still spins where it sits in his hand. While he was working, the torch near Axel burns out.

Coty tries to cast a spell, but is still unsuccessful.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 pm

[ooc]anyone going to post?[/ooc]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:37 pm

[ooc]anyone going to post?[/ooc]

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by ElectroZman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Does Siril find anything? If not he puts out the remaining light to save some fuel and rests.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Moe tries to stop the gear from spinning in his hand. If it stops he pockets it an the device for later study. If it doesn't stop spinning he tells the others.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:13 am

Morck will try to identify the potions, and identify the scrolls (taking 20 if there is enough light to do so to carefully read the scrolls)

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:36 am

Coty decides that everyone else is doing all they can says [talk]I am going to lay down for a bit. Please wake me before you leave or if you need help with something.[/talk] He then says good night to everyone by name and curls up in a corner to sleep.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Siril finishes moving the books off of the shelf while Moe goes to work on the clock. He notes that some of the books are marked with he icons of different deities, while others have no markings on the covers. The shelf comes away from the wall and Siril finds no hidden compartments, etc on the shelf or behind it. He finishes searching that area as Moe removes the gear from the clock.

Moe can stop the gear from spinning if he applies enought force, but it starts spinning again as soon as he stops.

Morck is able to identify three of the potions as Cure Light Wounds (red, almonds). The others he does not recognize. Four of the larger vials are colorless and odorless, and appear to be plain water. Of the other two potions, one is green and smells of strawberries. The other is an orange color, and smells of corn.

Coty announces his attention to get some sleep as Axel suggested. Siril seems to agree as he moves from the bookshelf to last torch and manages to extingquish it. The only light in the room is the light filtering around Brak and through the door from the unknown source in the hall. Siril moves to an unoccupied section of floor and tries to get comfortable.

Morck considers combing through the scrolls again, but would need to step into the hallway to have enough light and the concensus seems to be to get some rest. Perhaps things will seem clearer after a solid period of sleep and meditation.

[ooc]Assuming the rest agree to getting some sleep (Morck, Brak, Moe) do you keep a watch? In what order? Axel will offer to take second watch before he drifts off.[/ooc]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 pm

Siril finishes moving the books off of the shelf while Moe goes to work on the clock. He notes that some of the books are marked with he icons of different deities, while others have no markings on the covers. The shelf comes away from the wall and Siril finds no hidden compartments, etc on the shelf or behind it. He finishes searching that area as Moe removes the gear from the clock.

Moe can stop the gear from spinning if he applies enought force, but it starts spinning again as soon as he stops.

Morck is able to identify three of the potions as Cure Light Wounds (red, almonds). The others he does not recognize. Four of the larger vials are colorless and odorless, and appear to be plain water. Of the other two potions, one is green and smells of strawberries. The other is an orange color, and smells of corn.

Coty announces his attention to get some sleep as Axel suggested. Siril seems to agree as he moves from the bookshelf to last torch and manages to extingquish it. The only light in the room is the light filtering around Brak and through the door from the unknown source in the hall. Siril moves to an unoccupied section of floor and tries to get comfortable.

Morck considers combing through the scrolls again, but would need to step into the hallway to have enough light and the concensus seems to be to get some rest. Perhaps things will seem clearer after a solid period of sleep and meditation.

[ooc]Assuming the rest agree to getting some sleep (Morck, Brak, Moe) do you keep a watch? In what order? Axel will offer to take second watch before he drifts off.[/ooc]

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 pm

[ooc]Morck can take 1st watch - he does not need 8 hours of sleep to regain his spells (unlike a Wizard)[/ooc]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:03 am

Moe offers to take whatever watch is left...
Last edited by smeltdm on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

ElectroZman
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by ElectroZman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 am

Siril will take third.

During that watch, as time permits, he'll continue to search for other means of escape.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 am

Morck will drink one of the CLW potions.
[talk]There are 2 more healing Potions if anyone is wounded[/talk] he offers.
[talk]The other 6 potions, I dunno what they are.[/talk]

[ooc]I kinda lost count of potions... :blush: were there any left before the ones in this room?[/ooc]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 15
Divine Rank 15

Post by Cain Eyebright » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:40 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Unless i missed something somewhere, you still had one potion left before you found these.

OUT OF CHARACTER
The lack of good light will impose a major penalty on further searching, but I will address that once we confirm the watch rotation

Morck drinks a potion and the group works out a watch order.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Morck
Axel
Siril
Moe
Leaving Brak & Coty to get a full nights sleep. [ooc]Does anyone have anything else to add before I proceed?[/ooc]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Siril (1 hp dmg)
Brak (5hp dmg}
Coty (2hp dmg)
Morck (no dmg)
Moe (3hp nonlethal dmg)

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:20 am

Coty sleeps and dreams of freedom and days where he and his summoned friend could spend time together. If anyone could see his face you would see a small smile on his lips and a tear falling from his eye.
[ooc]I am ready to move on as you see fit.[/ooc]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Moe thinks about keeping Siril's dagger, but thinks better of it and returns it. He then settles down @ -O,-1 leaning against the desk to catch some sleep after letting Morck know were he will be...
[ooc]I'm (Moe's) ready..[/ooc]

Return to “{PbP} Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon {Pathfinder} [ENDED]”