How it All Started....

You have been individually contacted upon arriving to a new city by the head of the Thieves Guild. He wants to hire you to clean house and assist him in uniting the various Underworld Guilds under one person, him. How you exactly choose to do so is up to you

Moderator: marine7312000

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

How it All Started....

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:04 pm

You all arrive to the city of Walnot and are quickly approached by various individuals working for some of "authority". You were all told to meet Keider in the Drunken Orc Tavern in two days at sundown. You are informed that lodging has been arranged on location for the duration of your visit.

The Drunken Orc tavern is located in the Hightown district, near the tunnel to the Gambler's Haven. The building is carved from the stone of the cave and is intricately worked with dwarven runes intertwined with flowing elven script. The inside is combination of restraint and indulgence in equal measure. The main room is furnished in a mixture of solid stone work and carved wood.

The tavern is fairly busy on the evening you are to meet with your mysterious employer. A number beautiful elven women are acting as the barmaids while the largest dwarf any of you have ever seen is behind the bar. The majority of the patrons are of these races with the remainder of the crowd being a mixture of every race imaginable.

You are each led to a room in the back of the tavern that has chairs for six people. There is a large oval table dominating the room with various drinks, both alcoholic and non, set in small pitchers near each chair. As each is led into the room, you are asked if there is anything else that can brought at no expense to you.

[ooc]This is your time to post a description of your character and familiarize yourself with the rest of your party. If you'd like a map of the tavern, just say the word.[/ooc]

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: How it All Started....

Post by kabkal » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:44 am

Mykla walks to the room as if she owns the place. She finds an open chair away from the light and sits down. Standing at a little over 5'5" she is not really of great height. Her blond hair and blue eyes are what you really notice first on this very pretty young looking lady. If it weren't for her pale complexion you would think of her as one of the prettiest humans you had ever seen. It is just that the pale skin is a bit unsettling and you are not sure why. Another odd thing about her is she is wearing this big glasses, which really make her blue eyes really stand out.

She is dressed in dark clothes with a cloak with a hood (down right now) so you really cannot tell much about what she is carrying except for a brown backpack and a closed quiver. You actually see no weapons about her person. As she sits down she smiles at each person in the room as she looks and nods at them and as she looks around the room. She does not speak, just smiles a nice warm smile.
DM OnlyShow
She is looking about the room for anything unusual or hidden. Not sure how many perception rolls are needed, She is +20 on her perception rolls.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Stonebeard walks in and takes a seat that lets him watch the door. He wears a breastplate over an explorer's outfit, and has multiple weapons. He looks at the person making the offer. [talk]A haunch of whatever meat you are serving and some cheese if you have anything decently strong. And if your bar has garnet wine, I'll take a stein of that.[/talk] He takes a look around.

Perception, if needed: [dice]0[/dice]
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 pm

As the Gnome is led into the room you can notice a rifle wit a scope attached to it slung across his back. He stands 2 and a half feet tall with no hair and deep blue eyes. As he gets to the table he introduces himself. [talk]Greetings fellows. I am Baron Von Freeze and can I assume you are all here for the same reason as I?[/talk]
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:37 pm

Drake standing nearly six feet tall, emerald green eyes, brown hair, with a weathered and tanned battle scared face steps into the room. Heavily armed, with a Composite Short bow nested inside a Composite Longbow on his back, the hilt of what could only be a great sword can be seen peeking out from behind the cloak of his explorer's outfit over which he wears breastplate, and there is a Heavy Flail on his hip.
He scans the room, and then calls out
[talk]Black...[/talk] A large black wolf appears weighing nearly 150lbs at his side. Both Drake & Black move into room, surprisingly making very little noise as heavily armed as he is Drake takes a seat to the right of the Dwarf with Black to his left .
Looking to their guide...
[talk]I’ll have two haunches of meat, some cheese, strong tea, if you don’t have any tea bring me some wine.[/talk] Looking around the room at who has arrived he comments to those that are there… [talk]You can call me Jimmy, or Drake. Doesn't matter to me.[/talk]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am

A young lady with reddish blonde hair and blue eyes saunters into the room drawing the attention of all present. Wearing a pair of tight pants that does not appear to inhibit her movements, she also seems to be wearing a corset top with a cape. A sword is strapped to her side. With a slight smirk, she takes one of the open chairs and moves it slightly so that she has her back towards a wall and can still see the door and all present. Leaning back in the chair, she crosses her legs and looks at the attendant while juggling a small flame between the knuckles of her right hand. When she uses her left hand to pull her hair back over her ear, it is easy to identify that she is a half-elf. [talk]I'll take a bowl of your best stew, with a side of boar and cheese, A couple slices of bread would also be appreciated. To drink... a glass of your best red wine.[/talk]

Turning to the others in the room, she gives a warm smile before giving a slight nod of the head. [talk]My name is Roxana. From the way that we are all gathered together, I would assume that we have all been brought together for the same reason.[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:21 pm

The waitress brings each of you the food you have requested and motions to the drinks on the table for your drink requests. After this she leaves the room closing the door behind her. As you are eating and drinking you suddenly realize that a man is sitting in the last chair in the room. None of you noticed him enter and no one saw him when they entered the room. He smirks at your shocked expressions and says [talk]Now that you're all here we can start. My name is Keider and I'd like to hire you for a series of tasks. I represent one faction that controls a portion of all trade within our city and I want to control it all. We can discuss specifics after you have agreed but it basically comes down to a series of hostile takeovers. Some underhanded methods will definitely be involved. Are you up for it?[/talk] As he asks his question he looks to each of you in turn, obviously waiting for your response.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Jimmy taken by the sudden appearance of Keider, curses under his breath for being taken unawares... [talk]As long as you’re paying, I'm in.[/talk] Jimmy whispers [whisper]Shas mael[/whisper] then takes better stock of his surroundings
Perception checkShow
Jimmy wills Black to notice any other Humanoids that may be hidden Scent
Jimmy's perception check: Favored terrian Urban & Underground bonus applied [dice]0[/dice]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Mykla mods her silent agreement.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Stonebeard nods. [talk]As long as you are paying, you're the boss. Cheat me, and you'll regret it[/talk] ... goes back to eating.

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Roxana gives a slight smile and takes a sip of wine before speaking. [talk]To be paid for doing something that in the past I was under obligation to do. Sounds like it could be fun.[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Keider looks at Baron Von Freeze and asks [talk]And what about you friend? Are you in?[/talk] [ooc]On an aside, I'll be undergoing surgery tomorrow. I intend to update over the weekend and we'll take it from there.[/ooc]

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Keider looks at the rest of the group and says [talk]While we're waiting for the good Baron to make up his mind, do the rest of you have any questions? I can't reveal too much of my plans without him having made up his mind, but I'll answer what I can.[/talk]

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Baron after thinking it over says [talk]If there is money and a chance to make a better name for myself, then i am in.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Jimmy speaks up...[talk]Keider, so what faction do you represent and who are the other factions?[/talk]
Perception check to determine race, class or any other informati…Show
Perception check: [dice]0[/dice]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Keider smiles and says [talk]I represent myself. There are four main groups that you'll have to worry about. The Rakers control gambling. The Bashers are the hired muscle and assassins in our fair city. The Crimson Lips control the information trade and prostitution. And the final group is the Craksters who are in control of drugs and poisons. Each group has other various connections throughout the city but those are their main focuses.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Jimmy nods and smiles back at Keider... [talk]That's all good to know. So I'm to take it that your a free lancer and have no allegiance to any of the factions but are currently employee by one. You did say, "I represent one faction that controls a portion of all trade within our city and I want to control it all." So, what kind of support can we expect from you or the faction that you currently represent? Of course I mean, supplies, arms, and the like.[/talk] Jimmy thinks for a moment then look at Keider... [talk]and what did you mean by "...and I want to control it all."? Are you speaking for your self, or your current employer?[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Keider smirks at Jimmy and says [talk]I don't work for any group. I'm head of a fifth group within the city that has hands in every aspect of trade. I mean that I want to control it all. As far as support, you can use here as your base of operations. I'll set you up with a gold retainer for expenses and if there's any specific equipment you need, just let me know and I'll see what we can do. As far as beyond that, you're on your own. Any allies you can make would probably be to your benefit.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 pm

[talk]Well, what specific equipment we would require...hmmm. That would depends of what the first job is.[/talk] Jimmy looks at the rest of the group... [talk]Well what about the rest of you? Care to share your questions for our employer for the benefit of our venture.[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Stonebeard stops eating for just a moment. [talk]Yeah, I have a question. What do you want me...us...to do first?[/talk]

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Keider looks at Stonebeard and says [talk]I don't want to dictate how you accomplish taking control of the various "guilds". I simply want results. I would suggest however that you each become more familiar with the city and its power structure.[/talk]

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Baron asks[talk]Are any of these factions located outside where there is only sky above? A Friend of mine could be rather usefull then.[/talk]

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Keider looks at Baron in mild surprise and says [talk]The city is built in caves that have been expanded over the years. While most of the groups have ties outside the city, that's not really what I'm worried about.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:03 pm

[talk]How do these factions get along with each other. Are any of them particularly close? Tell us what you know about there leaders. Are any of them currently feuding with each other?[/talk] Jimmy stares intently at Keider waiting for his response.
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Keider responds to Jimmy between sips of water. [talk]They tolerate each other at best. Each group would like to take control of another group's profits. There is some overlap between groups as far income. Any conflict between groups has been of a covert nature recently, with the exception of the Rakes and the Bashers. They've been been a number of recent raids and attacks on each other's holdings. Up until about five years ago, there were a great many more groups controlling trade, and crime, within the city. The leaders of the groups in power now, signed a ten year peace treaty with each other to take no overt action against one another. I was the fifth member to sign said treaty and it established a group to police us. That group is the led by the man who controls the town watch. I'll prepare dossiers on the leaders of each group and have them delivered in a day or so. If that's all right with you?[/talk]

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:20 am

Mykla speaks up for the first time. [talk]"Do you have a map of the city? And on this map can you point out key places, such as headquarters and homes of key members of the factions? Do the factions have boundaries or areas they control or is it just businesses located over the city? Do any of the leaders have weaknesses we could benefit from, you know drugs, girls drink?[/talk]

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:17 am

[talk]I have one last question. How rare are dragons here? and if one were to suddenly appear, would it cause great alarm.[/talk] Baron asks

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:40 am

Jimmy waits to see if anyone is going to speak, and then adds... [talk]Yes the dossiers on the leaders would be good, along with maps of there haunts and interests/holdings in the area, and perhaps any thing you have on this man who controls the town watch. He seems to be someone they all trust. Maybe if we could break that trust, or turn him to our side, that may be to our benefit...[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Keider answers your questions in turn [talk]How detailed of a map are you looking for? I have ones that provide a general layout readily available but anything more detailed will have to wait. There really are no boundaries between guilds other than who controls the majority of trade of each type. As far as weaknesses go, they each have their own vices.[/talk] To Baron [talk]If you're thinking about summoning a dragon , or anything that looks like a dragon, you may want to wait a bit. You are all new to the city and the people in power watch everyone until they figure out the angle the person is working. To the best of my knowledge there are no dragons in the caves.[/talk] Keider looks at Jimmy and laughs before saying [talk]It's not that they trust him, they're all afraid of him. I'm not too proud to admit I am also. Lantano Doul is the best fighter I've ever seen and is utterly ruthless to add. I suggest you not do anything to have him come after you.[/talk][ooc]Even though no one's brought it up, if anyone considered using sense motive to determine if Keider is lying to you, you can all tell by the slight tremor in his voice and the fear in his eyes that this last point is true.[/ooc]

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Mykla responds [talk]"The more detailed maps and information the better. Is there a way to get rid of Lantano Doul? If we do that first it might be a bit easier to take care of the rest."[/talk]

Return to “{PbP} The Guild {Pathfinder}”