How it All Started....

You have been individually contacted upon arriving to a new city by the head of the Thieves Guild. He wants to hire you to clean house and assist him in uniting the various Underworld Guilds under one person, him. How you exactly choose to do so is up to you

Moderator: marine7312000

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Re: How it All Started....

Post by smeltdm » Sun May 12, 2013 10:50 am

[talk]Be it what it may, I'm going it the first proper whore house we come upon.[/talk]Jimmy thinking for a moment, then commenting... [talk]Mykla, might be right in her thinking too thou. Think about all the straphangers, that come an go with the bloks that have the courage and coin to enter a brothel. She can pick-up on them too[/talk] Jimmy says no more as they make there way down the street.THINKING: What did my dad say about dwarves...stubbornness, legendary staying power, and superior recovery time. Hmmm, its going to be a long night...
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun May 12, 2013 1:21 pm

[ooc]
smeltdm wrote:THINKING: What did my dad say about dwarves...stubbornness, legendary staying power, and superior recovery time. Hmmm, its going to be a long night...
:mrgreen:[/ooc]
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun May 12, 2013 5:31 pm

The group quickly makes its way back to the nicest brothel any of you ave ever seen. The building is built of stone and well made with intricate, and lewd, carving covering its entirety. A quick glance makes it seem as if the carvings are moving. Upon closer examination you realize that they seem to be animated. Any indecent act you can imagine is depicted in graphic detail. A large, well-dressed ogre stops you at the door and requests 10 gold from any wishing to enter.

Once you make your way inside, the reason for the cover charge quickly becomes obvious. The interior is opulent in a manner that you've never experienced before. The room is dimly lit and cozy. A large bar runs along the back wall of a room that seems bigger than the exterior of the building would encompass. A series of discs floating in midair lead upward to what seems to be multiple upper floors. A number of women and men appealing to every taste are found throughout the room in various outfits that leave little to the imagination. As you make your way further into the room, a woman that simply oozes sexuality approaches you. She seems to have an elven cast to her features at one moment and then seems fully human the next.

She says in a purring voice[talk]Welcome to Mama K's. I take it this is your first time? Let me know if you see anything, or anyone, that interests you and I'll see what I can do. In the meantime feel free to walk around and take your time.[/talk]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun May 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Stonebeard thanks the madam and moves to the bar to get a bottle of garnet wine. He looks around at the ladies on offer; specifically beautiful human, elf, half-elf, and exotic races.

Perception: [dice]0[/dice]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Fri May 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Jimmy is taken by the beauty that greets them that he must shake himself to stay on task. As he thanks the madam, and he find himself asking her name and that he likes her...
THINKING: Wow! Jimmy says to the madam...[talk]And what is your name, and you did say to let you know if we see anything we like. Well how about you?[/talk]

Concentration check to stay focuses: [dice]0[/dice]

Perception check to identify threats in the room (the bouncers/enforcers): [dice]1[/dice]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sat May 18, 2013 8:46 am

Mykla find a spot in the shadows and makes mental notes of who enters, leaves and where they go.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Thu May 23, 2013 8:23 am

Sidling up to the bar and ordering a glass of wine, Roxana turns to where she can observe those in the room, letting her gaze linger on some of the more attractive people in the room. [talk]So many to choose from, and so little time...[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:22 pm

[ooc]Sorry for now updates this week has been hectic at work.[/ooc] Stonebeard easily sees beautiful women of each race he specified.

The woman greeting your group shoots Jimmy a sulty look as she says [talk]My name is Tabitha and while I'm flattered sweety, I'm also retired. I MIGHT be tempted to come out of retirement but I'd need to know you better. Besides, I doubt you could handle me.[/talk]

Mykla quickly realizes that there are few people entering and leaving so far. She's seen no one else enter since the rest of the group walked in, and has only seen two individuals leave.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu May 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Stonebeard will try to snag a human and an aasimar (or if no aasimar, an elf) to start with; then retire to a room for some enjoyment...he'll try to pose a few subtle questions about the people that run the lust trade ... after he's worn them out for a bit!

[ooc]Let me know which rolls you need from me, if any[/ooc]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Tue May 28, 2013 9:54 pm

[talk]Well, Tabitha you give me hope when you say you might come out of retirement, what more could a man ask for but hope. Might I buy you a drink? Perhaps you have a favorite wine we could celibrate your retirement over?[/talk] Jimmy smiles genially, while he waits for Tabitha's response, absently stroking Blacks head.

Jimmy continues asking leading questions hoping since it seems to be a slow night, that Tabitha may be inclined to engage in idle conversation.

[ooc]Let me know which rolls you need from me, if any[/ooc]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Wed May 29, 2013 7:15 am

Did either of the two who left look important or to be a guild leader we are tasked to track down?

[ooc]did we ever get descriptions of the leaders we are to go after or locations and maps? Maybe I am forgetting or missed it.[/ooc]

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:16 pm

[ooc]So my new computer has finally arrived which means I should be able to get some stuff done, ie maps, for the game. I'll be working on those over the next few days but it might be a while before they get posted.[/ooc]

Stonebeard easily finds a few girls willing to share his company for the right price. I need a Diplomacy roll to see what info you can get from them.

Tabitha shakes her head and says [talk]I've been retired for a few years already but I'll never pass on a free drink. Although you might want to take a look at our menu before you order our best wine.[/talk]

Neither of the individuals that have left have seemed particularly unique. Neither maps or descriptions have been provided to the group since they left Keider's presence.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Thu May 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Diplomacy: [dice]0[/dice]

[ooc]Diplomacy is definitely not my best skill...hopefully there is some kind of 'sex god' bonus :)[/ooc]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Jimmy asks for the menu, looking it over, he turns to Tabitha... [talk]What's your pleasure[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 am

If no one else comes in or goes out Mykla will stay in the shadows and walk around a bit stopping every once in a while to just watch people. She is trying to figure out who is who and what they are doing. Trying to figure out where the bosses might be and trying to see what dangers need to be overcome to get to them.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:03 am

[ooc]I have finally arrived in the Sandbox. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to update, the schedule may slow down a bit. If everyone is still interested in playing please say so. In the meantime....[/ooc]
Stoenbeard's "Sex God" bonus seems to have failed against these women. While he is supremely tired from his exertions, they both seem ready for more.

Tabitha smiles and points to the bottom of the drink menu. The items listed there have names such as Angel's Tears or Blood of Virgins and the prices begin at 500gp a glass and go up from there.

A gentleman in dark clothing approaches Mykla with his hands held wide and whispers [whisper]I suggest you stop watching everyone coming out of the brothel. Most people don't mind, but there are a few who will have you killed without thinking twice.[/whisper] He then smiles and disappears.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:43 pm

marine7312000 wrote:Stoenbeard's "Sex God" bonus seems to have failed against these women. While he is supremely tired from his exertions, they both seem ready for more.
Stonebeard is extremely surprised that their endurance exceeds his own...especially by such an apparent margin. He will ponder on this while he recovers.

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:18 pm

marine7312000 wrote:[ooc]I have finally arrived in the Sandbox. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to update, the schedule may slow down a bit. If everyone is still interested in playing please say so. In the meantime....[/ooc]
Stoenbeard's "Sex God" bonus seems to have failed against these women. While he is supremely tired from his exertions, they both seem ready for more.

Tabitha smiles and points to the bottom of the drink menu. The items listed there have names such as Angel's Tears or Blood of Virgins and the prices begin at 500gp a glass and go up from there.

A gentleman in dark clothing approaches Mykla with his hands held wide and whispers [whisper]I suggest you stop watching everyone coming out of the brothel. Most people don't mind, but there are a few who will have you killed without thinking twice.[/whisper] He then smiles and disappears.
Mykla is surprised by the man since she was hiding in the shadows, but she will take his advise and move on (as stated in previous post). She will continue to walk past the brothel just to make sure she does not lose her new found friends.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm

marine7312000 wrote: Tabitha smiles and points to the bottom of the drink menu. The items listed there have names such as Angel's Tears or Blood of Virgins and the prices begin at 500gp a glass and go up from there.
[talk]Gulp! Well I guess I will have to be satisfied with your Angel eyes dear Tabitha, for your taste in drink is much to rich for me.[/talk] Jimmy flashes a smile at Tabitha [talk]You don't know what your missing sweet heart, perhaps an other time then.[/talk] Jimmy waves down the bar keep and asks for a good stout ale, more within his meager budget and waits for Stonebeards return from his adventure.
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 am

[ooc]Is there anything else that you want to do in the brothel? I'm still working on the maps, the mouse I brought with me decided not to work once I went to use it and I should be getting a replacement in the mail soon.[/ooc]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:18 am

[ooc]I think were done here, unless you have some suprises for us; One thought is to ask for employment, Stonebeard could maybe get a job in product testing :D , maybe bouncers, or collections from dead beats who haven't paid up...can't think of a better way infiletrate. Maybe Tabitha will offer Jimmy and his friends a job... Characters, we need to find lodging[/ooc]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:21 pm

[ooc]Lodging has been arranged at The Drunken Orc Tavern at Keider's expense. You are more than welcome to arrange for separate lodging, I just wanted to remind you of this option.[/ooc]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 pm

[ooc]Stonebeard would not object to a combo product tester/bouncer position...if that is what Jimmy is thinking to negotiate[/ooc]

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Mykla will head back to the arranged lodging and call it a night.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:55 am

Jimmy finishes his ale, looks over at Stonebeard and comments on his recent adventure...[talk]Well Stonney, how did your audition go with the ladies?[/talk] Smiling slyly Jimmy comments further...[talk]Perhaps your lady friends will put in a good word for you with Tabitha here.[/talk]...
Turning to Tabitha [talk]Stonney and my friends would be happy to provide just about any service you would need, for a fee of course. As I'm sure your ladies will let you know Stonney is quite talented. Oh, and yes I think he can fight too.[/talk] Jimmy gives a wink and a smile to Tabita and leaning in close he whispers... [whisper]Should you have a itch that needs scratched you can send word to the Drunken Orc. They should be able to reach me.[/whisper]
Smiling with sanctification, Jimmy leaves as he calls out. [talk]Black! "COME"[/talk] Jimmy leaves the brothel looking for Mykla, Roxana, and waits for Stonebeard before heading on to the Drunken Orc.
Diplomacy check to influence or entice TabithaShow
[dice]0[/dice]
and a bit of Intimidation
Intimidate CheckShow
[dice]1[/dice]
[ooc]Oh yea and Jimmy just oozes with Charisma >:) ...he is so full of himself[/ooc]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:01 am

[ooc]I'm guessing that your characters all leave together.[/ooc]
Tabitha gives Jimmy a sultry look and says [talk]We're not looking to hire anyone right now, but I'll bear you and your friend in mind next time I need something special taken care of.[/talk] With that, she turns and walks away. The view of her leaving will give Jimmy quick a few nights of dreams.

As your group makes its way back to the Drunken Orc, you quickly realize that this is truly a city that is always open for business. While there are a few shops that seem to have closed, the vast majority are still open for business.

When you finally reach the building, you are greeted by the owner, Girruth. He inquires about Baron Von Strucker and then leads you each to your room. As you enter your room, you are given to realization that each is actually a suite. The layout is generally the same in each suite with a small sitting room leading into a bedroom containing a large bed with an attached privy on one wall and a small room containing a bathtub on the opposite wall.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 pm

After they leave the brothel, Stonebeard will mention to Jimmy that the ladies seemed awfully resiliant. He's never met a human with that kind of stamina before.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by smeltdm » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Maybe they were not human. Did you see the way Tabitha fazed in and out, human then eleven Jimmy comments to Stonebeard on the way back. Every thing is not as it appears there and we should be careful if we return there
Image Moe Human/Rogue

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:01 pm

smeltdm wrote:Maybe they were not human. Did you see the way Tabitha fazed in and out, human then eleven Jimmy comments to Stonebeard on the way back. Every thing is not as it appears there and we should be careful if we return there
[talk]Aye lad, that may be, and we should definitely be careful in that place. Still, it was worth it![/talk] *lecherous grin*

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 am

[ooc]
smeltdm wrote:Maybe they were not human. Did you see the way Tabitha fazed in and out, human then eleven Jimmy comments to Stonebeard on the way back. Every thing is not as it appears there and we should be careful if we return there
I don't recall saying Tabitha changed races. If I'm wrong about this, please show me where I did so.[/ooc] As you each explore and settle into your rooms for the night you are surprised to find multiple suits of clothing that seem to be the perfect size for you. A small note is on the bedstand that says [talk]I hope you find the accommodations to your liking. I took the liberty of having my tailors make you some extra clothing at no charge. Keider[/talk]

Return to “{PbP} The Guild {Pathfinder}”