How it All Started....

You have been individually contacted upon arriving to a new city by the head of the Thieves Guild. He wants to hire you to clean house and assist him in uniting the various Underworld Guilds under one person, him. How you exactly choose to do so is up to you

Moderator: marine7312000

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: How it All Started....

Post by kabkal » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:22 am

Before Mykla tries on any of the new clothes she will check with the teams magic user to make sure there is no magic that can track or otherwise harm them.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:44 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Your discription on first meeting Tabitha...
marine7312000 wrote:... As you make your way further into the room, a woman that simply oozes sexuality approaches you. She seems to have an elven cast to her features at one moment and then seems fully human the next.....She says in a purring voice[talk]Welcome to Mama K's. I take it this is your first time? Let me know if you see anything, or anyone, that interests you and I'll see what I can do. In the meantime feel free to walk around and take your time.[/talk]

Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue
Image Moe Human/Rogue
Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 pm

[ooc]
smeltdm wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Your discription on first meeting Tabitha...
marine7312000 wrote:... As you make your way further into the room, a woman that simply oozes sexuality approaches you. She seems to have an elven cast to her features at one moment and then seems fully human the next.....She says in a purring voice[talk]Welcome to Mama K's. I take it this is your first time? Let me know if you see anything, or anyone, that interests you and I'll see what I can do. In the meantime feel free to walk around and take your time.[/talk]

How tired am I when I can't even keep my character descriptions straight.... Much appreciated.[/ooc]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Jimmy settles into his unfamiliar accommodations, not quite knowing how to deal the unexpected luxury. First he exams the room thoroughly, (taking "20"), looking for anything that shouldn't be there.
When satisfied with his search will make use of the bathtub, for himself & Black. After he cleans up himself and Black, he will select from the new clothing what is more representative of what a ranger would wear. Jimmy makes his way downstairs, looking for something for Black to eat. Having satisfied, Blacks needs, Jimmy returns to his room, settles down for the night, and as he drifts off to sleep he tries to recall...Who is Baron Von Strucker and why is Girruth inquiring about him?

[ooc]How many and what type of clothing is there :?: Is Baron Von Strucker perchance, Baron Von Freeze :?:[/ooc]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Stonebeard will check the window to see if it can be used for a quick exit, if needed, then look around the room for any obvious problems or hidden entrances. Finally he will sort through the clothes.

THINKING: Well, never say no to free stuff.

[ooc]Percetion is +13 (or +15 if stone is involved)...or I can make the roll myself if you want.

In game terms, what do the outfit's consist of?[/ooc]
Image | Slarn: Android Spellblade

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:03 am

The outfits consists of two each of Artisan's, Dilettante's, Explorer's, and Traveler'; a set of Courtier's outfit and a number of pairs of boots. The clothing seems to be extremely well- made and the boots seem so well fitted that they don't need to be broken in. A quick perusal reveals numerous hidden pockets in each outfit. As you search the rooms themselves, none you find anything hidden doors or threats.
[ooc]Girruth was referring to Baron Von Freeze, I can only blame Marvel comics for the mix-up. The next step is really up to you. I will be working on the maps when I get off work tonight, but it might be a few days before I finish them. I can't promise that the maps will be accurate down to combat level detail but I'll have the main streets shown.[/ooc]

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Along with checking the room and clothing by hand and eye, Roxana will cast detect magic to see if there is anything magical in the room that she did not bring in herself

[ooc]Sorry about the delays and lack of posting. Was on vacation towards the end of June with my kids and then was sick for a week. Been trying to get caught up with RL since[/ooc]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 am

[ooc]No worries Ealdwulf, RL takes priority.[/ooc] Roxanna detects minor magic on all of the clothing. She thinks that she knows what it does and tests her theory with a small knife. When she cuts the fabric, it quickly repairs itself right before her eyes.

After waking up the next morning, the group gathers in the same that was used to meet with Keider for breakfast. While eating, a knock on the door reveals a messenger with a stack of papers. The messenger promptly hands the papers to the person answering the door and says [talk]Keider would like to meet with you at your earliest convenience.[/talk] The papers appear to rudimentary maps of the city. There are enough copies for you to each have your own.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Jimmy's head hurts from pouring over the maps. He shakes his head as he tries to come up with some clue as to where to start. Looking to Stonebeard and commenting...[talk]Were do we start? Its a lot easier if we have a mark or target to go after. Maybe Keider can shead some light on were we should cause some trouble. Maybe gamblers Den might be a good place to start. We could make it look as thought one or all of the gambling houses are cheating.[/talk] Jimmy returns to his breakfast, not sure what to do next and feeling uncomfortable about the situation he has found himself in.
Image Moe Human/Rogue

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 pm

[talk]Aye, that sounds like a plan, lad...and maybe we can pick up some of their ill-gotten riches for ourselves.[/talk] Stonebeard agrees.

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:29 am

Mykla agrees with the plan to go to the gamblers den.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 pm

After the group finishes breakfast, you make your way to the Gambler's Haven area of the city. Once again, you are struck by just how busy the various streets and alleys are. As you reach the Gambler's Haven area, Roxanna notices that someone seems to be following you. Upon closer inspection, she realizes that its Keider. He approaches you through the crowd and says [talk]Follow me.[/talk]

He then leads you to a small building built into the wall. Once inside, he leads you into a small room and gestures you to have a seat. He grins as he says [talk]Our mutual former friend has been dealt with and will not be causing us any trouble.I believe I promised you some maps and I apologize for their quality, but I assumed that you would want just basic maps at this point. I have some files on your targets and I'll give you some time to look over them. Once you finish, if you have any questions, I'll be in the next room.[/talk]

He then hands each of you a slim packet of paper.

[ooc]I'm going to apologize in advance for not having the information on your targets prepared already. I've been extremely busy with work. I hope no one minds the intermittent updates that have been occurring. I'd like to commit to at least one update per week on Thursdays but I can't make any promises. The contents of the packets Keider handed to each of you will be posted on Thursday.[/ooc]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:57 pm

[ooc]RL takes priority...np :thumb1:[/ooc]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 pm

After Keider leaves the room Jimmy looks around and comments... [talk]So, how are we going to do this?[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Stonebeard starts looking through the target files.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:17 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I will be on vacation from 8/10 -8/25. I assume I'll have internet access, but may not always have time to post as I'll be in (or driving to/from) Indianapolis for Gencon for most of that. So if I miss a post window, feel free to have Stonebeard respond in a logical manner

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:28 pm

[ooc]
Cain Eyebright wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I will be on vacation from 8/10 -8/25. I assume I'll have internet access, but may not always have time to post as I'll be in (or driving to/from) Indianapolis for Gencon for most of that. So if I miss a post window, feel free to have Stonebeard respond in a logical manner

No worries. I'm still working on building the dossiers. Work has been slamming me lately. Thankfully I should have some time to work on them over the next 14 hours so expect to see something soon. It might end up simply being a basic description of each initially but they will get added to. My brilliant idea to work on the dossiers at work has not panned out so far.[/ooc]

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:59 pm

[ooc]
marine7312000 wrote:
Cain Eyebright wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

No worries. I'm still working on building the dossiers. Work has been slamming me lately. Thankfully I should have some time to work on them over the next 14 hours so expect to see something soon. It might end up simply being a basic description of each initially but they will get added to. My brilliant idea to work on the dossiers at work has not panned out so far.
I used to work on modules at work too...but that doesnt happen since i changed departments a couple years ago.[/ooc]

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:14 am

The dossiers seem to be very sanitized, as if they were specifically created without personal opinion or conjecture. A brief summary of the packets is below.

Bellis is the leader of the Craksters. The guild focuses on the creation and sale of poisons and drugs. Bellis' particular expertise is in the effects of poisons on the humanoid form. She has compiled a book that has how various races react to specific toxins, information gathered from thorough testing. A calculating gnome, she spends the majority of her time in her shop or the laboratory below.She is rather over-weight for a gnome, to the point that some have mistaken her for a tall halfling. She enjoys the finer things in life and is a frequent customer of many finer establishments throughout the city. While she doesn't have a lieutenant per se, her most devoted companion is Aucks. A heavily scarred man of tall stature, Aucks doesn't seem like the type to sit down and study. He seems to be on good terms with Gruk, and the two have been sparring partners for years. Bellis' shop, and residence, can be found in The Cove area.

Gruk is the leader of the Bashers. His guild focuses on assassination and provides the muscle for the Craksters and the Rakers. A half-ogre, Gruk is surprisingly intelligent. He rules his guild through a combination of brute force and cunning. While he carries a sword almost the same height as him, he is skilled at unarmed fighting and developed a reputation in the arena as a force to be reckoned with. His sparring with Aucks takes place under his home and the two use real weapons. This is almost the only time he actually uses the sword he carries. His home can be found somewhere in The Maze.

Madame Kirena, or Mama K, is a beautiful woman of indeterminate race. She is the owner of every brothel within the city. Her businesses are managed by working girls, or guys, that have retired from working the sheets. It's well known that she remains on good terms with each of the other guilds within the city. Simply put, no one wants to get on her bad side as it's suspected that her employees are trained in gathering information in addition to the other services provided. Madame Kirena maintains a large manor in Hightown.

Lorgar is a tall man of stunning feature. His golden skin is covered in intricate tattoos, what little isn't covered by his armor. He manages the Rakers guild in worship of his god. He maintains cordial relations with Gruk, but only so far as to provide the bouncers for the gambling halls. A passionate man, Lorgar lives in the largest house of chance in the city, The Dice Cup.

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 am

Stonebeard votes to go after the Craksters

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:23 am

Cain Eyebright wrote:Stonebeard votes to go after the Craksters
At first it appears Mykla is a bit hesitant to go after someone she can relate to so well first, but then agrees if we can take out Bellis we might have free reign of her shop, which might come in handy to her. So, she nods her head in agreement.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Jimmy listens to Mykla and Stonebeard suggestion and chimes in [talk]We should maybe add a bit of miss direction. If we were to acquire some personnel items from members of one or more of the other houses, we could salt the scene of Bellis unfortunate demise. It won't be long before someone discovers Bellis corps or that she is missing, and I for one don't want the town watch and from what Keider has said Lantano Doul on our backs. Besides, maybe we can make Lantano Doul eliminate one of the others houses.[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

Cain Eyebright
Divine Rank 7
Divine Rank 7

Post by Cain Eyebright » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Stonebreard nods his head. [talk]Good thinking, Jimmy.[/talk]

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:51 am

Mykla says [talk]If we have some sort of distraction I can slip into their office and take a couple of things and we can use those to plant the "evidence". When do we start?[/talk]

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Roxana sits back and thinks for a few minutes before finally speaking up. [talk]I agree. I think the cracksters are probably our best initial target. The plan for misdirection seems like it would work. As for when we should start, I would recommend that we first get an idea of what we would be looking at to get items from various offices... the question becomes though... do we want to take something from each of the offices or only one... and should we include the town guard as a possible... suspect.[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

SpoilerShow

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:49 pm

[talk]Then it's settled, we target all of them.[/talk] Jimmy looks around... [talk]So were's the closest house so we can pick our first targe?[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:15 am

[ooc]If you look at the map of Gamebler's Haven, you are currently in the building colored green. The closest "target" would be Lorgar's home, The Dice Cup which is higlighted in red.[/ooc]
Almost immediately after you finish discussing your plans, Keider re-enters the room. He smiles at each of you and says[talk]While I'm sure you are all eager to get started, I'd suggest that you follow me. Doul is fighting in an exhibition match today and I thought it might be a good idea for you to see just what would happen if you were caught.[/talk]

He turns and walks back out, not really seeming to care if you follow.

smeltdm
Divine Rank 4
Divine Rank 4

Post by smeltdm » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Jimmy not wanting to miss an opportunity see a possible opponent in action follows Keider out the door...as he turns his head back to the others...
[talk]Come on. Lets check this guy out...[/talk]
Image Moe Human/Rogue

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Mykala follows.

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Roxana looks thoughtful as she follows the others out
~~~
Ealdwulf

SpoilerShow

Return to “{PbP} The Guild {Pathfinder}”