[5.121] Bonuses types in Bardic Performance Inspire Courage and mythic Inspired Defense [fixed]

Did you find a bug in TOS CORE?
Report it here! Please include all details necessary to recreate the bug!
freebyte
Squire
Squire

[5.121] Bonuses types in Bardic Performance Inspire Courage and mythic Inspired Defense [fixed]

Post by freebyte »

I would like to report a bug in two related abilities: Bardic Performance, Inspire Courage, and the mythic Marshal path ability Inspired Defense. According to the book and the PFSRD site, Inspire Courage gives Competence bonuses for attack and weapon damage rolls, and morale bonuses for saves for charm and fear effects. My bard's back sheet advice section shows a Morale bonus for attack and weapon damage and an unspecified bonus for saves for charm and fear effects. My mythic bard also chose Inspired Defense, which extends the Inspire Courage bonus to all saves but calls it a Competence bonus instead of a Morale bonus.

NOTE: The use of 'Competence' in the Inspired Defense description is not your fault - the PFSRD web site lists it as Competence, when that is completely inconsistent with the Bard class write up which calls it Morale. In fact, calling the BP: Inspire Courage attack and weapon damage bonus Competence is probably incorrect, but it is that way in both the book and the site even though for 3.5, they are both Morale.

My bard is a fairly basic half elven bard except for having one mythic level. I discovered this when trying to apply the Imperious bloodline ability Heroic Echo, which gives a +1 bonus to Morale and Competence bonuses. So having the correct information for the bonus types for abilities is absolutely crucial when my bard casts Good Hope, which gives Morale bonuses to attack and weapon damage rolls, and use Inspire Courage, which gives Competence Bonuses to same.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Bonuses types in Bardic Performance Inspire Courage and mythic Inspired Defense

Post by admin »

freebyte wrote:I would like to report a bug in two related abilities: Bardic Performance, Inspire Courage, and the mythic Marshal path ability Inspired Defense. According to the book and the PFSRD site, Inspire Courage gives Competence bonuses for attack and weapon damage rolls, and morale bonuses for saves for charm and fear effects. My bard's back sheet advice section shows a Morale bonus for attack and weapon damage and an unspecified bonus for saves for charm and fear effects.
Indeed the wording was still D&D3.5! Fixed in the next update!
freebyte wrote:My mythic bard also chose Inspired Defense, which extends the Inspire Courage bonus to all saves but calls it a Competence bonus instead of a Morale bonus.

NOTE: The use of 'Competence' in the Inspired Defense description is not your fault - the PFSRD web site lists it as Competence, when that is completely inconsistent with the Bard class write up which calls it Morale. In fact, calling the BP: Inspire Courage attack and weapon damage bonus Competence is probably incorrect, but it is that way in both the book and the site even though for 3.5, they are both Morale.
Yeah, definitively a morale bonus in Pathfinder. Fixed it as well.

Thanks!!

admin

Return to “Bug Report”