Need Help with TOS CORE?
Ask in this section!
Zebu
Squire
Squire

lvl1 HP (Pathfinder); animal; spells; gold

Post by Zebu »

Hello,

First note: I have not played a single RPG yet so I might be missing something (a lot). So I have a few questions.

1) Every time I make a character I get really low HP. I have the "Maximum HP on first class die" selected, but I think it is not taken into account for. What am I missing? E.g. my Human Cleric with 15 Con has 6hp (+2 from CON and level, +1 from favoured class , +3 from Toughness feat). Should I not get 8 HP as base and everything else extra?

2) I was making a druid last night with a Badger animal. Somehow the Badger got 17AC and about 13 HP. This sounds really tough. Can this be correct?

3) I don't understand how to use the Treasure sheet. Where do I have to input the gp I have on my character?

4) I understand, that Spell List is a list of all spells my character is qualified for and Spell Planner is the list of prepared spells?

Next ones are less about TOS, more about Game mechanics:
4) Spellcasters can cast a number of spells per day. Does "spells" mean spell types or total? E.g. on cleric I have Guidance and Resistance and he can do 3 level 0 spells per day. Is it 3x Guidance and 3xResistance or a total maximum of 3.
5) Is there a Spells Know list for Cleric? Or he just knows them all and prepares them upfront? How many can I prepare for the day? I do not understand how Orisons work.
6) How much can it cost for a 4 characters to spend the night at an inn? What about healing cost?

Thank you in advance,
Andres
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: lvl1 HP (Pathfinder); animal; spells; gold

Post by admin »

Hi Zebu,
Zebu wrote:1) Every time I make a character I get really low HP. I have the "Maximum HP on first class die" selected, but I think it is not taken into account for. What am I missing? E.g. my Human Cleric with 15 Con has 6hp (+2 from CON and level, +1 from favoured class , +3 from Toughness feat). Should I not get 8 HP as base and everything else extra?
All the 'options' found in the XP sheet are related to when you want to completely AUTOMATE your HP.
You should not use them if you 'roll' your own dice and you need to put the initial value for your first level.

I will make some changes in the next update to TOS+ to clarify this.. you are not the 1st one to point this out!! thanks!
Zebu wrote:2) I was making a druid last night with a Badger animal. Somehow the Badger got 17AC and about 13 HP. This sounds really tough. Can this be correct?
An animal companion gets bonuses as per the Animal Companion Base Statistics table. It is possible the initial statistics are incorrect - if they are, please open a ticket in the Gremlin section!!
Zebu wrote:3) I don't understand how to use the Treasure sheet. Where do I have to input the gp I have on my character?
On the 7th row, which starts with "Carried on Character" - in the GOLD column, if you enter 5, then you gave 5 GP to your character.
Zebu wrote:4) I understand, that Spell List is a list of all spells my character is qualified for and Spell Planner is the list of prepared spells?
Some classes (like the Cleric) have *access* to ALL the spells their Deity can give them. The Spell List is intended to show all of these and are mostly useful for print outs. The Spell Planner, you build yourself: It usually contains the spells you can cast in a specific day. You can be a Cleric and still use the spell planner!! (Specially if you tend to always pick up the same spells every day) - that is more useful when playing with a Laptop (instead of paper)
Zebu wrote:4) Spellcasters can cast a number of spells per day. Does "spells" mean spell types or total? E.g. on cleric I have Guidance and Resistance and he can do 3 level 0 spells per day. Is it 3x Guidance and 3xResistance or a total maximum of 3.
5) Is there a Spells Know list for Cleric? Or he just knows them all and prepares them upfront? How many can I prepare for the day? I do not understand how Orisons work.
Spells per day means the number of spells of a particular level a Cleric can cast in a single day. For example, a level 1 cleric can cast 1+1 Level 1 spells per day (the +1 is a specific spell granted by his domain) - So basically, each morning the cleric PRAYS to his Deity to gain the spells he wishes to have memorized for the day.

The Cleric can pray for 3 different orison: When he USES these, he does not lose the memory of these and can cast them as much as he wants (the same applies with Arcane Caster's Cantrips)
If you need more help with game related questions, please use the Mastering the Game [DM's Place] section!
Zebu wrote:6) How much can it cost for a 4 characters to spend the night at an inn? What about healing cost?
You might want to try the Mastering the Game [DM's Place] section for such queries.

Thank you in advance,
Andres[/quote]
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: lvl1 HP (Pathfinder); animal; spells; gold

Post by admin »

Zebu wrote:1) Every time I make a character I get really low HP. I have the "Maximum HP on first class die" selected, but I think it is not taken into account for. What am I missing? E.g. my Human Cleric with 15 Con has 6hp (+2 from CON and level, +1 from favoured class , +3 from Toughness feat). Should I not get 8 HP as base and everything else extra?
Regarding this - Here is the updated section that will be available in the next update to TOS+...
It should clarify such problems!!
AutoHPs.jpg
AutoHPs.jpg (25.26 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
admin

Return to “Help Desk”