Custom Skills and 3.5 feats in pathfinder

Need Help with TOS CORE?
Ask in this section!
kryssalmighty
Squire
Squire

Custom Skills and 3.5 feats in pathfinder

Post by kryssalmighty »

My DM has incorporated Tattoo magic and there are skills involved in it.

How do I create a custom skill for the character sheet.

Also,
I would like to add Powerful Build to the character sheet. I have the rule set on pathfinder and when I try to switch it to 3.5, it warns me that it will wipe everything.

Thanks in Advance for assistance
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Custom Skills and 3.5 feats in pathfinder

Post by admin »

kryssalmighty wrote: How do I create a custom skill for the character sheet.
New skills are added in the Skills worksheet (there is a quick link on that sheet that will bring you to the (yellow) custom area.
kryssalmighty wrote: Also, I would like to add Powerful Build to the character sheet. I have the rule set on pathfinder and when I try to switch it to 3.5, it warns me that it will wipe everything.
Correct, you cannot use the Sheet in both modes at the same time. If you need something that is only in the 'other' rule set, you need to create it. If you need help creating something, open a thread in the help desk, and explain exactly what you are trying to create (and where you need assistance)

admin
kryssalmighty
Squire
Squire

Post by kryssalmighty »

Is there something that explains how to create a custom skill?

I checked and Powerful Build is not on either sheet. I see that I can create a custom Feat as well. I assume that it would work the same way as a skill does and if I know how to make a custom skill, I will know how to make a custom feat.

Is that correct?
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

kryssalmighty wrote:Is there something that explains how to create a custom skill?
Creating a new skill is pretty simple - just fill in the column info and check any comments in that area.
kryssalmighty wrote:I checked and Powerful Build is not on either sheet. I see that I can create a custom Feat as well. I assume that it would work the same way as a skill does and if I know how to make a custom skill, I will know how to make a custom feat.Is that correct?
You can create custom feats in the Feats worksheet. Feats can have effects. You can check out the Wiki and the video section on the homepage for more on this (the readme file that is part of the sheet has the links for those)

I am not familiar with powerful build.
admin
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Examples are always good. Here's how I entered Lore: Irori into my character:

On the Skills page, in the Custom section:
Name (Column A) Lore: Irori-p
Abbreviation (Column B) Lore: Irori
Ability (Column C) INT <-- INT for Intelligence modifier
Can use untrained? (Column D) no
Armor Check Penalty (Column E) 0
Ranks (Column F) =IF(b_Pathfinder,IF(COUNTIF(tSel_Skills,"Lore: Irori-p")=0,0,VLOOKUP("Lore: Irori-p",res_Skills,20,FALSE)),0)

To make the skill a class skill (all Lore skills are class skills for all classes), I go to the AbilityData sheet, in its Custom area:
Name (Column A) Character Effects
Perm? (Column C) Yes
Effect #1: Name (Column E) ALL Class Skill
Type (Column F) Class Skill
Modif (Column G) Lore: Irori-p

You can put multiple class skills in Modif, separated by commas.

Finally, if you need to reference the number of ranks the character has in the skill, use this formula:

=VLOOKUP("Lore: Irori-p",t_Skills,6,FALSE)

You can also use it as part of a larger formula, such as =IF(VLOOKUP("Lore: Irori-p",t_Skills,6,FALSE)<6,"Less than 6 ranks","Six or more ranks")
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
kryssalmighty
Squire
Squire

Post by kryssalmighty »

Thank you both for the information!!

I created custom skills last night and they are working as intended!

Will watch the video on creating custom Feats tonight and try that out.

Thank you all again!!

Return to “Help Desk”