In the morning

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:32 pm

"I really do not know what to take. I'll leave the choice to you Learna, and keep what ever you give me."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:13 am

"If there are no objections, I would like to take this longspear and a couple of the fire opal's. If someone would be kind enough to just check these gems and the spear to make sure I am not going to curse myself for taking them, I would be most appreciative."

Then Klakxor heads over to Dernahm and asks, "Should we be looking to bring something back for Saul and Dargan? They did help by keeping the townsfolk at bay when we were hiding the dragons."

xenos007
BARON
BARON

Post by xenos007 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:26 pm

I will take the full plate that is knocked over and laying in pieces but otherwise intact, plus 500gp, if that is okay.
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Razgriz » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Well if someone would cast detect magic on the bastard sword and the dwarven half plate, i would appreciate it much, as they are what i am picking between, and i will take 3 star rubies as my gems
People in glass houses sink ships

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:21 pm

Validation will appear tomorrow - tonight, I'm sending out the pms to those who detected magic so they might be able to devise a responce to some inquiries made....

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:58 am

Anneka asks her host if she can have one of the saphire rings? They are her favorate stone. She will also take two random gems. (Her other gem will be in the ring if she is allowed to have it).

As for the weapons, sorry Rasgriz, I do not see any magic in them. I do see magic here. She points to 3 vials, one rod, six scrolls, the wand, two robes and an amulet. She asks if she can also have one of the robes (but doesn't expect to get it).
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Lickitys Plit
Templar
Templar

Post by Lickitys Plit » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:11 am

Mycroft casts a spell and points to Three vials, a set of Studded leather, A chain Shirt on the Skeleton, The Full Plate Lying on ground, a ring on a skeletal hand, a rod, Six Scrolls, Four Staves, a wand, a lens, a vest, Two robes, an amulet, two pearls, and puzzling as it seems one of the skeletal hands seems to glow with magic as well.
Saying to Dernahm "There is so much here that I would love to study. I cannot really decided until I know what things are. Could you please tell me about the amulet, the vest, and the pearls?"
Lickitys Plit
Always on my way Somewhere Else.
It is not where you are going, It is the mode of travel

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Razgriz » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:22 pm

"Lord Dernahm if you are going to be analyzing the magical properties of items would you mind doing the chain shirt and the ring on the skeletons hand also?"

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:50 pm

Razgriz wrote:"Lord Dernahm if you are going to be analyzing the magical properties of items would you mind doing the chain shirt and the ring on the skeletons hand also?"
"Well, the area does seem safe enough. " He peers at the sapphire ring, taking it off the hand and looking at it from every angle peering closly at it's intricacies. "Very well made, and clearly magical in nature. It's not one of mine - but I'd say with these markings" He points to small symbols engraved on the inside of the ring that look like squiggles, "it's most likly something to do with water. Further the magic seems solid and bright with a neutral resonnence, no signs of a curse. "

"The chain shirt..... " He takes it up, removing it from the skeleton - at which point the packet of theives tools falls to the floor at his feat. He again examines it closly. "Yes, magical, not the highest or brightest enchantment I've ever seen, but not the lowest either. Looks to provide general protection - I don't see anything pointing to a specific defense, it's clearly not made by elven hands, their chain is much more delicate."

"The studded leather is similar to the chain shirt in so far as the strength of the enchantment, but it's not made by the same mage who crafted the chain - nor do I see any special markings to indicate purpose beyond general protection."

"The robes are interesting - clearly made by the same hand - both the stitching and the enchantment came from the same place - and they seem to be opposites. One is meant to distract, the other to conceal."

"The pearls are not magic, per se. But psionic in nature. They can be handled safely, and thrown at a target. You'll only get one use from each of these two. They look like they have different functions. The first will give a target brain lock for fifteen or twenty seconds - a type of paralysis. The second, I can't quite put my finger on - it seems to be a telepathic discipline, though."

"Hmm, the vest - I'm not sure. Seems to be a conjuration on here and a tranmutation as well, both very faint, very subtle. Someone'll have to put this on before I can tell more."

"The amulet is much more powerful. There's no sublty to evocation. It'll boost someone in combat, but only without weapons if I understand this glyph correctly. Probably very usefull to a monk, although I suppose a Druid in animalform might make some use out of it as well."

"Did I miss anything? Oh, right the vials. Well, without drinking them, I'm less sure how to go about identifying them. Alchemy was never my strong suit. Best I can say is they aren't cure potions - I've seen enough of those to know - the colors are all wrong. The first one has an owl's symbol on it - so either it's owl's wisdom or someone wants you to think that. The other two are in plain containers - so ..." he shrugs.

"Hope that helps. In the meanwhile, you can choose now. Learna and Bob and I will start to divy up your gold coins - 500 each, unless you'd rather have a smaller number of platinum or a larger of silver.... We have plenty to make change. Then choose an item or magic or psionics and some gems. The only thing we really needed was Felix's Orb. With the remainder of the hoard and what we'll get from the two dragons, the rest is ... well, try not to fight among yourselves, ok?

"Once we're settled here we can head back home and clean up. My best guess puts the game start in three hours, maybe a bit less. It's hard to tell time in here with the reflected light."

"Is there anything else we need to search? Or anything else I should try to figure out? Learna - anything strike your fancy? Perhaps a nice piece of Opal to offset your eyes or some Jade to make a broach for your hair? I could always empower something special for you?"

She moves closer and kissed him, whispering something in his ear that the rest of you can't quite here.

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:53 pm

Taman turns to Dernahm and states:

"Good sir, you pay too much for the services offered, but I gratefully accept it...However, it is presumptuous to choose items for myself as this is your gift to us. This is doubly so since you are the only one to know what these items are (apparently). Therefore, I defer to your judgement and wisdom should you feel anything here is worthy of my services. Otherwise, I would be quite happy with any gems or jewelry your generosity would impart to me. I just like to travel light, so unless there is some bag of weight lightening, the money and other heavy items are only of limited value to me."

Then Taman bows hoping he did not offend Dernahm.
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Razgriz » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:05 pm

As long as none has a problem with it i would like to take the chain shirt.(will it fit a dwarf?)

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:16 pm

Razgriz wrote:As long as none has a problem with it i would like to take the chain shirt.(will it fit a dwarf?)
The chain shirt looks to be sized for a human or a xeph, an elf could use it with padding, but a dwarf would find it long and tight at the same time.

Dernahm listens to Taman and nods. "No cash then - so how about four or five gems. Some of these are worth a fortune, others are cheap. As for the magic - well, that's hard for me to assign. People are odd about their magic and what they find useful. I don't know you near enough to tell which item might best serve you. You might like the vest with its pockets, or one of the robes. Then there is the wand or the rod - the studded leather would fit an elf of your stature. And here, take these -" He hands you four gems, a blue star sapphire, a star ruby, a deep green spinel, the piece of onyx and one of the hematites. That should value out quite nicely in the absence of cash. But you'll have to choose your own item."

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:29 pm

"Very well then, I will consider your suggestion on replacing my studded leather with this one. In the mean time, I will try the vest on to see what more we might learn"

Taman then reaches for the vest and trys it on.

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 pm

"I'll accept whatever gold and gems and gems you give me." Kelran then looks to the group. "If we are each going to choose an item of magic I say we all speak on what would interest us, and then decide from there. Would the leather be too tight for a human? I am also curious to know more about the vest. Mycroft did you not say a skelton's hand seemed magical as well?"

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:08 pm

"Ah, Kelran. You and I are of like mind. However, I am not too choosy. I will let you know that my feelings for any of these items is...shall we say...flexible? I am more curious about their abilities and capabilities than about who gets what. Our fine hosts here have given us a windfall beyond my wildest expectations already, and it is but with the humblest of thanks that I accept this generous offer."

Lickitys Plit
Templar
Templar

Post by Lickitys Plit » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:34 pm

"Yes the hand itself seems to be magical, and what about the scrolls then. I think I would like to take one of them to replace the one I so unfortunely destroyed. I two would like gems instead of gold. It is a lot less to carry. I would also like to know the manner of the magic on the lens."
Lickitys Plit
Always on my way Somewhere Else.
It is not where you are going, It is the mode of travel

xenos007
BARON
BARON

Post by xenos007 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:38 pm

Lord Dernahm, sorry to bother you, but I was just curious about the set of Plate that I have hear. Is there anything specail about it? I apologize if I didn't come to you sooner about it and if it is too late, that is fine, too.

I lay the armor at his feet, and step away reverently.
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Razgriz » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:44 pm

"Well seeing as the chain doesnt fit in my opinon the only logical choice for me would be the ring as we dont know what it does and all else seems more fit for someone else, however if i find out someday the ring would further someone else much better than it would improve me I would be willing to part with it..So If it is alright with everyone i will take the ring as my magic item"

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:07 am

Klakxor picks up the thieves tools that fell when Dernahm picked up the chain shirt.

"I think I will stick with the Longspear and the Fire Opals. If no one wants the potions, I wouldn't mind having them. Dernahm, these fell from the shirt you picked up. I don't have any use for them, but perhaps if they have any magic in them, someone might have need for them."

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:42 am

If no one minds, I would like to accept the saphire ring. Though we are not intirely sure what it does, I have an affinity for these stones.

(Razgiz, This is the second time my character mentioned an interest in that ring so I got dibs if we can have it!)

After thanking their hosts, Anneka also takes some gold to give to her temple.
Last edited by Cyntinia on Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:43 am

"Rillifane has not yet granted me the power to assume a wild shape, but I hope that one day I will be worthy. Therefore, I will take the amulet if it is of no use to anyone else.

I generally have little interest in wealth, but Ondurin is in need of a decent saddle, so I will take my share of coins, too."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:43 am

Dernahm takes the plate mail pieces, and looks them over. "Well, they are magical - no doubt. The magic makes for an enchantment that's just a step weaker than the leather or the chain I've looked at - but - it's also uneven. In certain areas, the magic is much stronger than the other two. Hmm, if I was wearing this - the areas seem to cover the kidneys, spine, heart... Best guess, and I'd say Bob would know better than me, this armor would prevent or at least make very difficult for a rogue from hitting the most vital areas on a person.

"Now," he says taking the pack from Klakxor, "These tools... they aren't magical at all, but very well crafted. Likly made by a master thief or a blacksmith who at least worked with or as a whitesmith. Very fine details here. My own metalwork couldn't match this, I assure you."

he sighs, and starts to handle the staves... "Well, these two aren't from the same priest, and likly not even from the same temple, but they're both made to heal. This one - he picks up a staff made of white ivory topped on each end with a diamond and covered with runes, is clearly a staff of frost. I've seen the like before - although the ivory is a nice touch. This staff ...."
as he hold the last staff up you hear a voice from behind him. "It's a staff of defense, and it's not anything you want - give it to one of the kiddilies." Dernahm smiles and doesn't even turn his head.

"Zenda, since when are you jealous? Yes, it's a staff of defense. I am very familiar with such a device - even though this one isn't intelligent.

You hear a snort, "dumber than a stoned ox."

"ahem. It'll create many types of shield spells and has strong abjuration magic upon it. I must request that one of you choose this item. I'll even throw it in as an extra for your party to share. "

"now, the wand - and thankfully I don't keep any intelligent wands on my person -" You hear another snort, "well, based on its shape, looking as it does as a carved slightly closed fist, is likly a wand of knock. It seems very powerful, so it must be nearly full of charge."

"was there anything else I missed? Oh yes, the hand. I've seen something like this before- only it was a mumified hand. I think this'll let you use farhand - or since it's magical, and not psionic, magehand. It's a spell that allows for a very minor form of telekinesis. You'll be limited to moving one light object no more than a dozen or two feet away. It'll probably work several times a day, you'll have to play with it to figure out the details."

Rachel at this point looks around and starts to take some gems - including the bright green emerald. "For dad." "oooh, this tapestry - I don't need magic, can I have it? It'll look great at the inn." When Learna nods, she rolls it carefully and places it in her bag.

Dernahm finishes hadning out the coins to those of you who didn't specifically request gems instead and indicated that those who did want only gems take five gems instead of three, or recommends a piece of art work instead. " The jewelery is often more valuable than the straight gems, being a finished work. "

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:03 pm

Anneka hears the words "heal" and her head pokes up. "Ummm, never mind about the ring. Did you say that stave heals? I'll take that." She take the staff and giggles over it.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:01 pm

Cyntinia wrote:Anneka hears the words "heal" and her head pokes up. "Ummm, never mind about the ring. Did you say that stave heals? I'll take that." She take the staff and giggles over it.

Dernahm holds up the two white ashen staves with the silver runes on them and asks, "do you want the one with the sign of Waukeen or the one with the sign of Lliira?"

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:37 pm

Thandael steps up to face the group and says, "Pardon me friends. It is usually not my way to speak out of turn. In this case, however, I have been listening quite carefully. This cavern makes me uneasy and I would like to leave here soon, so I think it might speed things along for me to report what I've heard ... Lord Dernham, Anneka, and Mycroft have detected that a number of items are magical in nature."

He starts to recite, almost as if reading from a list:

"Two staves with healing power, one of which Anneka has requested."

"A staff of defense, which Lord Dernham has indicated he would like to give to the group as a whole. Would someone like to carry it for us?"

"A staff of frost"

"Six scrolls. Mycroft indicated he might like at least one."

"A magic rod ... perhaps Lord Dernham could tell us more about that?"

"A wand of knock"

"A chain shirt with some moderate enchantment, which, unfortunately, won't fit a dwarf."

"A set of full plate that could protect the wearer from the stealthy blows of a rogue, which Xenos has requested."

"A set of studded leather, also with some moderate enchantment. I think both Taman and Kelran expressed an interest."

"Three potions, one possibly of Owl's Wisdom, the others unknown. Klaxxor expressed an interest in these, and also in taking a longspear, although the weapon is apparently not magical."

"A ring with a small sapphire that has something to do with water. Both Anneka and Razgriz had both asked after it, but Anneka seems more interested in one of the healing staves now."

"A skeletal hand, useful for casting some sort of telekinetic magic."

"A glass lens ... again, perhaps Lord Dernham could tell us about that"

"A robe with the power to distract and another with the power to conceal."

"An amulet that could boost someone in unarmed combat. I would take that if it is of no use to anyone else."

"Two pearls with some sort of psionic power, one paralyzing, the other possibly telepathic?"

"A vest with both a conjuration and transmutation on it. Lord Dernham had suggested someone try it on, and I thought Taman was going to do so ..."

He finishes with a deep breath: "It seems everyone, except Aton, has made some initial indication of what they would seek to take, if not made their final decision. Hopefully, I haven't missed anything or anyone, and we can come to resolution soon."

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:34 pm

"I really have no preference" Kelran says as he begins to inspect the 4 bows. "With the gold and gems I might be able to get something of quality. I admit i do not know much of magic." Kel begins drawing the bows and testing their strength. "Perhaps if one of these of bows of are of better quality than I my own, I will take one. Dernham could you tell me more of these?"

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:25 pm

Sunbolt wrote:Dernahm holds up the two white ashen staves with the silver runes on them and asks, "do you want the one with the sign of Waukeen or the one with the sign of Lliira?"
Anneka takes the staff with the sign of Waukeen on it. "Since there are no staves of Lathander I will accept this staff, please."

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Taman tries on the vest and exclaims, "Hey, I kinda like this vest...Kelran, you too might prefer this if the chain and leather don't interest you..." Taman then goes to Kelran and shows him the features of the vest

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:08 pm

"The only items that may be of interest to me are the chain shirt, the pearls and the skeletal hand. If the pearls and the hand can only be used once, I'd just as soon take the shirt. Unless someone objects, of course."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:22 pm

"Although it is not my forte, I will take the staff of defense. It would augment my offense spellcasting nicely. I would still like the 2 Fire opals and the fire opal on the gold chain. If it is not too much to ask, I would also like to take the potions, possibly giving up whatever other gems or coin I might recieve."

Klakxor extends his hand towards Dernahm and bows his head to thank him for sharing this enormous treasure with him.

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”