Down the path you go....

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Down the path you go....

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:05 pm

You determine your order and Taman takes the lead with Thandael and heads further down the path, Raz and the others following with Kel and Ann in the back.

The sensation that you're moving doesn't abate, but it does become "normal" to you after a while. You've walked about twenty minutes, passing another set of "giants" every two or three minutes - very regularly - and their appearances don't seem to change at all. The one on the left is always holding a club, the one on the right always has four arms and looks as if it's drawing - or about to draw some weapon from an over the shoulder back scabbard, is holding a spear point up and has it's lower arms crossed. Without any discernable light, except what you're carrying, there's no way to tell how far you've walked, or where or when the path ends.

The silence is grating - the movement is oddly settling.
Last edited by Sunbolt on Tue May 02, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:10 pm

"We're going in a circle" Aton stops and looks at his companions. "Those aren't different statues, they're the exact same ones we've been seeing."

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:19 pm

"What are you saying? We're on top of some giant spinning ball?" Kelran looks at Aton skeptically.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:32 pm

Thandael also looks curiously at Aton "What sort of devious trick would cause us to walk in circles? Maybe we can test your theory." He pulls an arrow from his quiver and stabs it straight down into the ground. "If we are going in circles, and there's no other foul magic at work, we should see this arrow again after a while!"

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:45 pm

Aton shrugs. "I am uncertain as to the specifics, but logic says that no two (much less a horde of) statues could be so detailed and yet identical in every way. We all feel as if we are moving, do we not? Perhaps we are on something that moves in such a way as to disguise our circle." He shrugs again, "As I said, I know not the details, but there does not seem to be another explanation. We will know soon enough," Aton finishes, motioning to the arrow in the ground.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:57 am

I doubt that we are walking in circles, since my stone would have come back at us when I threw it earlier, but this motion and the long walk is rather disconcerting. Lets hope that we reach something soon.

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:37 am

"I wonder how far we are going."
Anneka takes her rope out of her backpack. Every twenty steps she takes, she ties a knot in the rope.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Lickitys Plit
Templar
Templar

Post by Lickitys Plit » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:14 pm

Mycroft uses his chalk to mark the knee of the giant that is drawing something from over the shoulder. Checks his torch, if it is getting close to burning out. He Lights another. and continues on with the others.

Cleric of Mystra
Lickitys Plit
Always on my way Somewhere Else.
It is not where you are going, It is the mode of travel

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:32 pm

Several of you realize you're starting to get hungry...

xenos007
BARON
BARON

Post by xenos007 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:06 pm

I stop walking after a short time and say to the group,
I don't think we are going to make any progress, especially on empty stomachs! Does anybody have any rations or food of any kind?
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:56 am

I was kind of in a hurry to get to the game. Didn't think we would get stuck in the mines.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:39 am

"I left all of my food supplies in Ondurin's saddlebags. I wish I had asked him to come with us now." Thandael thinks for a moment. "Although he probably would have landed on us when we fell down here, which would have been very bad."

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:01 pm

Anneka blushes at the mention of landing on someone else.

"Sigh, you men. Always ready for the game but don't care about lunch during breaks. Here!"

Anneka pulls out rations. (Let me know how many I need to share. I only have ten and I need to mark them off my list). They taste very bland. Almost like a healthfood snack. They are full of herbs, vitamins, protein and severly lacking in flavor. Yumm, she is the first one to package cardboard ^_^ This snack goes along with her belief that good health practices is close to goddesslyness.

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:04 pm

"Arrggg....I spent how many years learning how (and where) to go to hunt for food off the land at the various times of the year just to ween myself off this rotgut! Still, sustenance is better than the alternative, no matter how bland or awful it tastes...May I partake?"
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:23 am

Thandael says to Anneka, in Elvish, "Thank you sister. May Rillifane smile on you."

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Razgriz » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:09 am

"I would like some rations also Lady Anneka" *He looks about as he says that still ready for any hostiles to come out
People in glass houses sink ships

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:26 am

You stop for a lunch break in the darkness - sitting on the hard packed earth and stone of the path - only the light of your torch flickering in the earie silence of the place. The statues loom two just out of sight behind you, two just out of site before you on the path. The darkness almost seems to have a weight, now - pressing in at the confines of the edge of the torches perimeter of light .

The moving sensation has not changed and you all feel comfortable with it now, save that there is no wind to accompany it. In fact, the most telling thing of this place is its lack of sensation - no smell, no sound, no taste (at least not in the food you're currently eating), no light - and only the stone and earth beneath your feet (and buttocks for those of you sitting)....

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:05 pm

Okay, I am now assuming that I gave each of you a ration. That makes 8 rations eaten? That leaves me with two left. At least my backpack is lighter now.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:28 pm

Thandael finishes eating quickly, trying to keep alert at the same time.

He says, "This lifeless place makes me uneasy. I don't know how you dwarves stand it living underground, Rorik." He then stands. "Should we move on to determine if we really are goind in circles? Or does someone have a better idea of how to get out of this mess?"

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:16 pm

I say full steam ahead.

Klakxor stand up, looking both up and down the corridor.

It seems our only choice has got to be to press on

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:43 pm

"Agreed. Same order and direction then?"
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Mon May 01, 2006 1:43 am

"Lead on."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Lickitys Plit
Templar
Templar

Post by Lickitys Plit » Mon May 01, 2006 12:00 pm

<<<Out of Character.. I am sorry I had to go out of town unexpectedly, I have my own version of packaged card board (rations). I ALSO had some cheese, hard bread and grapes for my Lunch at the games. I shared them with the group as well, so you can probably save two of the rations from your pack. I will share mine the next time>>

" Does anybody else have any torches, I only have 4 more (started with 6), I left my bullseye lantern in my room at the Temple."

Mycrot
Cleric of Mystra

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Razgriz » Mon May 01, 2006 9:27 pm

Rorik turns his head to Thandael as he stands up and starts walking with the group "You get used to it, however this path is diffrent then most, caves usually smell and have some sound to them."
People in glass houses sink ships

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Tue May 02, 2006 1:16 am

I, also, was out of town before I could reply. I'll do so now, retroactively. Sorry 'bout this guys. :oops:

"Thank you, but I am not very hungry. Save your rations." Aton says to Anneka.
Spending one power point on repletion.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Tue May 02, 2006 4:32 pm

With lunch out of the way - you continue down the path, much as before. You continue to pass statue pair after statue pair. The incline becomes just a little more steep than before, but other than that there is no change. The statues always seem the same - the one on the left holding a club as if ready to attack, the one on the right reaching with one of his right arms for something behind him - as if in a shoulder/back holster, one of his left with a spear pointed up and the two lower arms crossed.

[correction: I think in an earlier post, I mentioned that the one on the left had the spear, it was the one on the right the whole time - anything else I said about the spear is true - but for the figure on the right.... I have edited the post for consistancy.]

Anneka continues to tie knots in her rope - one for every twenty paces you walk. She's just tied the 25th knot - using about half of the rope when you reach this point. Time doesn't seem to have much meaning beyond that in this lightless place....

The torch is starting to run low - and there's no change beyond the slight increase in the decline. No sounds, no smells, no light other than your own - and nothing stirring within your perceptions.

Do you continue on? Do you stop? Do you do something else?

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue May 02, 2006 4:40 pm

Klakxor walks up to the statue on the right and examines it closely. Search +1

He is going to try and remember all he can about it and check the next one down the path. I don't know what kind of check you would want for that.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Tue May 02, 2006 4:41 pm

OOC: Have I seen the arrow I put in the ground?

Lickitys Plit
Templar
Templar

Post by Lickitys Plit » Tue May 02, 2006 5:14 pm

Mycroft checks for chalk marks on the knees of the giants, and puts them there if he doesn't find any.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue May 02, 2006 8:31 pm

While Klakor examines the statue on the right, Thandael does the same with the one on the left. [Search +2]
Icthius wrote:OOC: Have I seen the arrow I put in the ground?
OOC: Hey, that was my arrow! :)

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”