Entering South Port

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Entering South Port

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:06 pm

Upon entering South Port the caravan stops. Those of you riding your own mounts (Than) are allowed to stay mounted - the rest of you are unceremoniously kicked off the wagon, your belongings tossed to you roughly. With little time wasted you find yourself ushered to the gangplank of the last dock - where you see a large caravel with the name River Runners boldly tattooed on her prow. She's a large three masted ship with a crows nest high in the spires of the third mast - and a large cabin area at the front and a closed in wheel house just above and behind. You also note that the prow of the ship has a figurehead of a large otter. It looks like a mighty vessel for taking to sea - and you're surprised - seeing as you've been told that the ship generally acts as a ferry up and down the Great River.

Moments later a large Xeph comes down the gangplank and looks you right in the eyes.

"Randolf! What've you brought me here?"

Randolf steps forward and explains, "Captain Gorman, Sir! They're dragon slayer's from Fepaldown - tooken down a black cordin to yer friend Saul - I asked him, jest like you said ta. He was very friendly like but he said to take Kelran and his friends as top notch for a sea voyage - though he admitted they don't have much in the ways of shipboard time. "

"So, no sealegs - but your not afraid of danger, eh? Introduce yourselves. then and tell me what you bring to my crew if not sailor's experience? "

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:53 am

Kelran takes a step forward, feeling a little embarrassed to be to be singled out. "I am Kelran, Sir. I have known Saul my entire life and I am still beginning to realize there so much I do not know. I have only known these friends a good week now, but their bravery and strength has kept me safe. I am honored to serve them."

"For myself, I have spent most of my life hunting and tracking. I am trained with the sword, but prefer the bow. I will learn fast and I will work hard."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:15 am

Klakxor also steps forward. He salutes the Captain and states

"Klakxor RedBarrel, trained in the arcane arts and battle tactics with the kings men during the war between Yardick and the Jarardi.

I, too, am new to this group of companions, but have found them all to be admirable warriors and would be willing to lay down my life to support them."

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:05 am

Thandael dismounts, but does not really step forward, staying behind Klakxor and Kelran as he answers, "Captain, I am Thandael Illveanis, servant of Rillifane Rallathil. I come from the east. While I have no experience with the ocean, I do have some knowledge of winds and weather that may prove useful to you. I have some skill with healing, as well. I am a quick learner and agile enough that I should not get in the way of your more experienced crew."

"My friend here," he points back at Ondurin, "is also a hard worker and perhaps could be useful to you in loading cargo or such."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:59 pm

Kelran, Klaxkor, and Thandael introduce themselves, then there's a long pause... Captain Gorman seems to sour - "Healer and hunter and spell slinger - you're welcome aboard - the rest of you speak now or stay landlocked! No one steps foot on my ship without a word!"

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:10 pm

That last yell brought Anneka out of her daydream as she gawked at the big ship.

Eep!... Sorry, my name is Anneka. I am a cleric of Lathandar and besides some healing, I am brave and strong. I can do anything the guys can do. Just don't ask me to sew.

The quiet one here is Taman. He is good with a bow and his eyes are as sharp as a hawks."
(SteelAdept is on drill so Taman will return after this weekend)
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:25 pm

Captain Gorman nods and grunts. Then stepping forward towards Aton Mar, "And you are?"

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:21 pm

"Cap'in, the Qwar'maser says we need a lil bit more lumber if we 'an afford it." says the wiry crewman, as he pauses and eyes the newcomers "Anythin you neyd me to take down deck?"

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:23 am

Sunbolt wrote:Captain Gorman nods and grunts. Then stepping forward towards Aton Mar, "And you are?"
"I'm a...traveler. I am here to help in any way I can. I am quite...intuitive when it comes to communications."

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:48 pm

Kel's muscles relax a little as Anton finally responds. He then turns to the crewman who just spoke, "Well met. I am Kelran. I guess you could show us where we will be staying, and tell us your name?"

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:50 pm

Captain Gorman listens to your introductions and then turns to address the crewmen...

What're you talking about lumber? For what?

Never mind, I'll find out myself. Take these six to their bunks - they can carry their own. See to it that the horse is secure by the aft castle.

He'd better be able to take the rocking without causing any trouble, Druid. And yes, I can tell yer kind and you and the animal are welcome aboard - so long as you behave yourselves.

As for you two - He turns to adress Xenos and Mycroft- I don't know why you're here - but you can stay here or find yourself another ship for all I care.

With that he heads up the gangplank with Randolf a step behind the two talking about lumber and supplies....

[ooc note - since neither Lickitys Plit nor Xenos007 have responded to my pms nor posted here in quite some time - nor have they sent me their level 3 character sheets - I'm assuming they've either become to busy in real life to play, or else have chosen to drop out of the game for reasons they have not chosen to share with me. As you may have guessed I've invited Valinor and one other (who you have yet to meet) to join us.

Also, no one took me up on my offer to switch out character classes or races - so you guys are all here to stay as long as you wish.

Should anyone who has left need to rejoin the game later - IF there is an opening and a logical explanation, I'll let you back in or come up with a new and appropriate character for you.... but first proper appologies and assurances will need to be made. Slow character posts kill a game like this.]

You may all introduce yourselves to your tourguide and get the lay of the River Runner, we'll be disembarking in a new thread on Tuesday.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:06 pm

Thandael smiles at the captain, "Ondurin will be no trouble, sir, he is well-behaved. And, myself, I will try to offer only assistance, or at least stay out of the way where I cannot."

Thandael will see to Ondurin's position, brushing the horse down and asking him to stay and not bother the crew, before examining the bunk space below decks.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:56 am

As they travel up the gangplank, Klakxor will bid his farewell's to Mycroft and Xenos. As they are led to their bunks, Klakxor will turn to the crewman and ask

"Have you been on the River Runner long? Do you know of the problems that Randolf has informed us of?"

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:43 am

"Yessiree, Cap'in." as Gorman walks off, "Allo, all. Am known as Dhanthus jes' follow me ta yer bunks, and we hope y'all dun' mind the accomodations." as he leads you all down deck to the bunk area.

"Thar really are no separate qwar'ters for women, so you might have to place a blanket or few to give yar'selves some privvy to them, missy. Less ya have the crew get a view for morale boost... especially, of late." and sighes.

As he starts to leave all of you after showing your area, "Git with me, when yar settled down, I'll show more of the ship and a few rules y'all will have to know."

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:01 pm

"That would be wonderful. I would very much like to know how the ship runs, the jobs of the crew, and any other information you would be willing to give. This ship has me very curious."

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:31 pm

valinor wrote:"Yessiree, Cap'in."Thar really are no separate qwar'ters for women, so you might have to place a blanket or few to give yar'selves some privvy to them, missy. Less ya have the crew get a view for morale boost... especially, of late."
Ummm, blankets if you could. Yes, I would appreciate that in the corner bunk if I could.

Anneka blushes at the idea of men admiring her in her nightgown while sleeping.

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:42 pm

"Anneka! I never took you to be so overly prim and proper. I figured a long lived elfkin like yourself would be above such cultural morays, especially when venturing about with the likes of us. I am sorry to see you have not; however, I will certainly respect your privacy as such."

(OOC - Thank you for your patience during my absence. I am back now and should be able to continue normally)
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:12 am

Klakxor will choose a random bunk, preferably nearby the other companions and throw what he gear he does not have immediate need for onto it.

Taking the blanket off his chosen bunk, "The fair summer nights at sea should be enough to keep me warm. You can use this blanket Anneka. Would you like a hand setting it up?"

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:36 am

HALF-ELF! thank you very much. My mother taught me the joys of loving my body and saving it for those I love. I enjoy the looks when I am prepared but when I am unconscious for (OCC how many hrs do half-elves need?) the few hours I sleep, I prefer not to he oogled.

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:55 am

Kel gives a little smile to this exchange. "Elves may be above such cultural morals, but most humans are not. I dont think Anneka has to worry about us, but the rest of the crew might try to steal a glance now and then." Pausing and looking to Dhanthus, "not to imply or offend, but we do not know everyone here yet, so i guess we're being a little cautious."

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:14 pm

Thandael nods his head approvingly at Anneka's suggestion of privacy. Looking around the bunk area, he says to no one in particular, "This place seems crowded and cramped. I hope I will be able to spend most of my time on deck in the fresh air."

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:30 pm

"Indeed. Nevertheless, I thought you would be above it. I do, however, understand. We will help ensure no one is behind the curtain besides yourself while you sleep...well at least I will; though I would think the rest of our recent companions would do likewise."
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:41 am

I am not worried about intruders, but I do appreciate your offer and will accept it kindly.

Now, let's talk about something besides my bunk...

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”