Reformatting

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Reformatting

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:35 am

I'm resetting all counts. Since things are notoriously busy for everyone over the holidays - I'll start counting again come January 1st.

1) Anyone who misses more than one validationable post a week will receive a warning the first time and be remove the second - unless notice is given ahead of time of an extended absence.

2) Validations will be Tuesday, Friday and Sunday give or take a day depending on the natural flow of the event.

3) Each player may miss on post in any given week and your character will take passive action or none depending on the natural flow of the event.

4) Regarding Role play. It seems whenever this group gets into a role play event it gets bogged down and people don't post. Generally I allow for a great deal of role play with mystery, puzzle and the occasional combat. However, if that's not flowing with this group - it's not for all of you to change but for me to change the campaign. If you'd like fewer taverns and "meal times" etc where you can interact with the locals, sailors etc. And more combat and such - please let me know now and I'll make the necessary changes.
Truth be told you can't do a good mystery story if you don't interact with the NPCs to gather the intel and "clues".
Also, some of you have on occasion tried to get me to do the work. You know who you are - but questions to npcs must be spoken by pcs directly. ex "Who sent you?" is a fair question and so blunt that it'll likly get up the ire of most npcs. but "I ask him about (insert generic topic here)" isn't going to fly. That leaves me doing the work and just giving you the clues without your earning them. Again, if you don't want to do a mystery, please let me know. I'm afraid this campaign may have been set up for a type of play you all don't enjoy.

Finally, If you created your character as a "loner" type personality. Please do one of the following - have your character come out of his/her shell, or ask to create a new character who is more of a team player.

I may have offered this solution once before, I don't honestly remember. Loners don't do well in play by post. Be annoying, ungrateful, or boorish. Be polite, cheerful or empathic. But post something that inproves on the interaction - even if it creates controversy. Better that than sitting there doing nothing and letting the game drag down into nothing, as well.

All that said - are we still having fun? I'm willing to go into new directions, or stay the course as you all want. This is actually a point where we can do just that in the adventure - there are two plot hooks waiting for you - plus your own right now.... which way from here?

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:53 am

just checkin in. christmas has been very busy for me. i have really been enjoying this campaign and my character. i will be posting regular again in the new year and try to up the roleplay and be a little more active.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:42 pm

Ok - well, I feel better that someone replied to this post. Validation will be up momentarily. I'm fighting off a nasty headcold, so please excuse me if I get a bit loopy.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:32 pm

I'm having fun! Although Thandael is frustrated by mysteries, I like them.

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:24 pm

Being one of the people who is going to get a warning on a regular basis, I'm sorry. I will try to keep up. I love mysteries.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:54 pm

oddly we have only two posts again - well - four if you count the two in pms... so I'm not going to validate today as planned. I'll write this one off to New Years and not worry about it or take it personally....

And by the way - if you've told me in a pm that you're having issues with posting - I'm not pointing any fingers... the reformatting string isn't to punish people or point out specific people. It's to try to get the game where everyone will have the most fun with it - myself included.

That said - I believe I haven't received everyone's 4th level characters yet....

Were you all waiting for TOS + to submit them?

grin.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Sorry, am a bit drugged up and heading for another surgery for my right shoulder on the 10th of this month.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Sorry for my ineptitude! My roommate "forgot" to pay the DSL bill and now I have no internet for at least another week. I'm posting from a library now, so is there any chance someone could Rollplay for me while I'm gone?

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”