With the battle over

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

With the battle over

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:49 pm

Aton levitates to the upper bridge, only to find that Kelran has himself a very wounded hostage, and barely misses being tagged by Thandael's arrow.

Than's arrow flies straight and clear into the back of one of the men. He stumbles on the roof, but rights himself and continues running quickly thereafter.

Klaxkor and Dhanthus hold the other man prisoner.
Klaxkor wrote:"Before any of you get the idea of running off, explain what is going on here."
Anneka takes a look around and see's Taman is in need of the greatest healing - casting on him only takes a moment and he's healed for 6 points.

While he's being healed he yells up
"You got them running up there yet Than?"
To which Thandael calls back
"Things are well in hand up here brother! I think we have a captive."

After a few minutes, you're able to get the whole group assembled on the lower bridge, including your two captives, the two you rescued and the rest of you.

It's only now that you all realize that Permous is nowhere to be seen, even though you were all sure that he was with you when you started to follow the men.

The two men are overjoyed with the lot of you, and trip overthemsleves thanking you.

"My name's Jeaolain, and this wounded fellow is my friend Shalaan. We're wizards of no particular note, except that we helped forge the coin that Baresh now wields. Apparently she's used it to get these fellows onto her side. She doesn't want us to make another, I'd wager. And yet, she can't be allowed to keep it!"
Shalaan pipes up, "We can't talk about it here! We have to get to safety, they'll be back and with friends! No doubt, no doubt!"

But before you can even move further, you hear a great racket of many feet on the bridges. There's a large group heading your way.

What do you do?

[/code]

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 pm

"Let's take these two with us, and you show the way to a safe place to talk."
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:33 am

"I agree. Let's retreat to safety so that we can rest."
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:57 pm

Thandael quietly nods his agreement, and asks "Is anyone still injured?"
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:16 pm

"Agreed, staying here could be a problem."

OOC: Can we tell if the footsteps are from the higher or lower bridges?

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 pm

"We should move quickly. Do we take the 2 that attacked us?"
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:34 am

"So where are we going? Shouldn't we be sure we know which places are safe from these hooligans before we vacate the premises?" Aton gestures to the captives as he talks.

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:16 pm

"Indeed, but anywhere is better than here. They have to come find us first, and by that time, perhaps we will know all we need to know with your skills Aton."
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:38 pm

Thandael smiles as he says to Taman, "I agree with you completely Taman, except for the part about anywhere being better than here. That weird cave with the exploding islands was not better than here, remember?"
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:12 am

"Hah! Indeed my friend." Aton says genially. "Let us be off and perhaps we can find a place better suited to our needs. Where to?"

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:05 pm

You spend a bit of time talking, all agreeing to move - but noone suggests a direction to go or a place.... Clearly you could go back to the docks- to the tavern, or else find a shadow to hide in...

As you try to think of something - you find yourself set upon again, this time by the city watch. Several men in uniforms clearly marking them as officials of the island carrying identical glowing swords or else weaponless and robed wielding a wand face you and demand,
What's the meaning of this disturbance of the peace? This assult on life and property? Who saw what? and where? and when?
The wizard, Jeaolain is the first to answer,
Oh, thank all the gods! We were heading home from Taver's when these guys and their friends jumped us
here he indicates the two you're holding in custody.
Literally, I mean. From there.
Again he points, this time to the overbridge.
Then, by some miracle, these fine people stepped in to save our lives. I don't know them by name or face, but if not for them, we'd be dead or on our way to the custody of Baresh.
The guardsman who spoke first said
And who's that?
That sir, is a very long story. The short end is that Shallaan here has created a magical item, and she stole it, and now wants to make sure that he can't create another.
The two men are squirming and unhappy that their plans have gone so far arry. You have a chance to interject as the Guardsman takes all of this in.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:02 pm

(we really need to decide on who the voice in our group is... but since i'm posting first....)

"Uh.." Kel pauses unsure of what to say then continues, nodding his head in respect to the the guard who spoke. "My Name is Kelran. My companions and I just came to port earlier this day for a little rest and we are to be heading out in the morning." Pausing briefly again trying to think of the right words to say. "When we saw these two gentlemen get ambushed we called for the attackers to halt. Regrettably it tuned bloody. I know nothing more than that."

diplomacy:3, bluff:3 (pretty much all true, but didn't mention we were following the 2 gentlemen)

[/b]
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:38 pm

OOC: I asked which way the footsteps were coming from but didn't get a response. Was trying to get an idea of which way to go.

Klakxor nods at Kelran's statement, agreeing with him.

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:55 pm

Since it seems that Kelran took the initiative, Anneka just nods and agrees with him as well.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:51 am

klakxor wrote:OOC: I asked which way the footsteps were coming from but didn't get a response. Was trying to get an idea of which way to go.

Klakxor nods at Kelran's statement, agreeing with him.
I know - I didn't want to delay the validation, however... in the future you could post - move towards the footsteps or move away from the footsteps etc. Honestly, I don't think it would have made a difference - by the time you rounded everyone together, no matter which way you went the watch would have spotted you, unless you chose to go over the roof top - with the two men and two prisoners in tow, and all managed a hide in shadows check. (Seemed unlikely you were going to take that action.) Had anyone posted to move away from the footsteps - we would either be here next validation, or at the beginning of a chase if you chose to run.... Let's see how this plays out - if it bothers you guys, make your case in a pm, and I'll make a judgement and make it up to you later.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:33 am

Thandael, not comfortable dealing with persons of authority, is perfectly happy to let others handle explanations. He merely nods at Kelran's response.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:36 am

The man listens to you, then you hear a voice from the back,
Gee, Thom, I guess we didn't need this many people afterall.
The head guardsman turns around, and you see Permous move his way through to the front of the group of guardsmen. The leader, Thom - apparently, nods.
We'll take these two into custody, now, and clean up the rest. You're all leaving tomorrow he says to Kelran. See that you don't miss your ship. Your business is your business, but the watch doesn't much care for vigilantism.
Shallaan moans a little and you see him role his eyes. as Jeaolain says,
The watch wasn't here. And if these people weren't Shallan and I would likely be abducted or dead just now, before you even knew about it... But then I guess that would be ok - right?!
Thom glares at the wizard -
I assume this lightning bolt is your doing? Perhaps I should bring you in for unauthorized use of combat magics
Shallaan again moans - this time more of a whimper.

In the meantime two guardsmen come forward and take the prisoners from you - (unless you say or do something to prevent them).

When Jeaolain doesn't say anything else, Thom turns his gaze back to the party, looks over each of you, before turning to go. Permous stands there with his mouth gaping.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Sunbolt wrote:The man listens to you, then you hear a voice from the back,
Gee, Thom, I guess we didn't need this many people afterall.
The head guardsman turns around, and you see Permous move his way through to the front of the group of guardsmen. The leader, Thom - apparently, nods.
(did Permous say this, or did he just suddenly show up?)
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Anneka doesn't say anything as the guards take the two men. She does frown at them but knows better than to fight bullies.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:12 pm

guysorrow wrote:
Sunbolt wrote:The man listens to you, then you hear a voice from the back,
Gee, Thom, I guess we didn't need this many people afterall.
The head guardsman turns around, and you see Permous move his way through to the front of the group of guardsmen. The leader, Thom - apparently, nods.
(did Permous say this, or did he just suddenly show up?)
Permous said it.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:51 am

Thandael says to the two wizards before they depart, "Wait a moment. Perhaps in return for our assistance, you could do me a favor. I have an item here that needs a wizards examination ..."
Image

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Kelran looks to Permous and says "You must be pretty connected in this town."

Then to Than "I'm more curious about the item they regret creating."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:14 pm

Klakxor just watches as the gaurds taake the men into custody. Once they leave he will turn to the wizards, "Now about this coin. What exactly was it's purpose."

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:40 pm

klakxor wrote:Klakxor just watches as the gaurds taake the men into custody. Once they leave he will turn to the wizards, "Now about this coin. What exactly was it's purpose."
"My guess is that it was a weapon." Aton suggests with a smile, "Perhaps something that shoots lightning?"

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:46 pm

"Glad that wasn't worse. Now where should we go? Let's get out of the open, anyway. You guys can talk about that stuff when we get in a more private place."
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:55 am

"Do you have a room nearby we can talk or should we go back to the inn and get one?"
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:28 pm

The guards look you over once more and then leave. Permous looks a bit sheepish as Kelran says,
"You must be pretty connected in this town."
but only shrugs.

Kel continues,
"I'm more curious about the item they regret creating."
And Than says,
"Wait a moment. Perhaps in return for our assistance, you could do me a favor. I have an item here that needs a wizards examination ..."
And Klakxor says,
"Now about this coin. What exactly was it's purpose."
"My guess is that it was a weapon." Aton suggests with a smile, "Perhaps something that shoots lightning?"
At which point Shallaan tenses visably - you don't need to have any points in sense motive to know that something's wrong. He practically turns white as a ghost.

Almost as one Anneka and Taman say


"Do you have a room nearby we can talk or should we go back to the inn and get one?"
"Glad that wasn't worse. Now where should we go? Let's get out of the open, anyway. You guys can talk about that stuff when we get in a more private place."

Jealain silences Shalaan with a raised hand and then leads you all to his tower - within a hollowed out tree not very far away at all.

Once inside, Jeolain turns twoards Aton, however.
Shalaan is certain you work for her now. I recognize you. In the rush I missed it. You were sitting at the next table at the inn. You overheard us talking? What is your interest in the coin of power? Then he looks at Than - and we'll look over your items only after this is discussed to my satisfaction. I must also warn you. In the open, caught unprepared, I can be taken. Now we are within my home, and even against a group as formidable as yourselves, Shallaan and I are neither alone, nor to be taken lightly. Do not try to fool us."{/quote] He withdraws a wand and awaits your answer.

Shallaan doesn't seem happy with this at all.
They work for her, that's how they know.

[/quote]
I don't think so. Calm down. They don't. This type of trickery isn't her style. Not while she has the coin. She'd kill or kidnap, not infiltrate. But there are others who might want the coin for the same reason as Baresh."

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:40 pm

Kelran sighs looking a little embarassed... "The words I spoke were true, we have just come to port for the night and are to be heading out in the morning.... But we did over hear you talk about the coin in the tavern and our curiosity got the best of us. Basically we had nothing better to do for the evening so we thought we would try to see what had gotten you two all bothered." Kel shrugs his shoulders and gives Shallaan a weak smile. "I think we may have stepped into something a little bigger than we expected."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:52 pm

"It is true. However, now that we stuck ourselves in it, it would be helpful to know exactly what we are in the middle of and why. I think saving you from that attack deserves at least a little explanation, even if it wasn't exactly asked for. Don't worry, as you said, this is your house. No doubt you are fully capable and secured here. You can put the wand down and talk with us civilized. We won't harm you except to defend ourselves or others. We have all night and I am sure you could keep us here till we need to leave if you wanted to. Let's all settle down to the story, and we will answer any questions you have in the mean time, shall we?"
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:06 pm

Anneka listens attentively to the story that is about to evolve.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”