Battle in the treetops???

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
Post Reply
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Battle in the treetops???

Post by Sunbolt » Sun May 20, 2007 6:31 am

"Well it looks like they could use hand." Kel says as he strides by the large men, ignoring them. "Well met," He says to the elderly couple. "Do you need any help with your belongings?"
The old couple looks askance and says, "No... Thank you. We're fine."
One of the men sees the rest of you approaching and reading weapons and signals to the others, who likewise ready weapons.
"You heard 'em - they're fine. Go on your way."
Dhanthus says something from the dim morning light, "Am not here to converse, but you're bullying these old folks, and am not gonna stand for it nor will I be apologetic of my rashness about it." He seems furious and his sailor-talk seem to disappear and his mien is a bit dark.
"Says who?" The one of the other men replies. "We bought there house fair and proper - now they're going. You'd best too, if you don't want trouble from the law."
Aton sighs exaggeratedly. "Here we go again..." Positioning himself where all combatants (excluding Dhanthus, if possible) are within 25 feet of him, Aton's eyes glow silver, then explode into a cone of brilliant light!
The cone flashes over the big guy in front -
"I'm hurt - stop them! He cries out, and stumbles to one knee clutching his head. "

One of the other men draws his sword and steps in front of the elderly couple - positioning himself between them and the advancing Anneka,
The others stop what they're doing and draw weapons as well moving between you and their leader and forming a wall.
No one else attacks this round.

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Sun May 20, 2007 8:55 am

"It doesn't take this many thugs to ensure your claim, but not even help them means you did some foul play!" as Dhanthus presses his advance covering his sides as his blades arc in front of him.

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Sun May 20, 2007 5:36 pm

"At ease, Dhanthus. They may indeed be thugs, but as we have already seen, these elderly have refused help that is offered. Perhaps they are simply respecting their wishes. As distasteful and dishonorable as it is for them to kick these folks out of their home, if it was done under the rule of beneficial laws for all, who are we to stop it? Moreover who are we to judge who is right by size or vigor?"

Then Taman addresses the elderly, "Now that you see us by our stripes, I will again ask you if we can assist in any way?"
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun May 20, 2007 6:21 pm

Thandael stands his ground with his club drawn, but does nothing, preferring to let others handle the diplomacy. He will ready an action to attack if anyone attacks him, though.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sun May 20, 2007 6:53 pm

Klakxor, still unsure of what is going on, pulls a stone from his spell pouch and prepares to cast a spell.

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Mon May 21, 2007 2:55 am

Anneka looks at the brute in front of her and stops. She smiles and says, "Lathander would praise you if you are trying to protect this couple but," her smile turns to a frown, "he abhors bullies."

Anneka is ready to block his attack.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Catharsis
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:22 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

Post by Catharsis » Mon May 21, 2007 3:55 am

Callisti arms herself with shield and sword and positions herself on the front line in a defensive posture. "What is the meaning of this?"

Readying an attack, trigger if being attacked
Combat expertise +2

Rapier +6, 1d6+6, 18-20/x2
AC 23

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 am

"Look," Aton says if he gets a chance, "I can stop you in your tracks with just my eyes. You saw what I did to him," he smiles, motioning toward the man who is on the ground, "Imagine what I can do if I try. Now let's be reasonable; why not talk this out with us? Everyone calm down, put away the weapons and we'll work this out without anyone getting hurt." A strange distant bell seems to ring as Aton suggests a truce...

Bluff +3, Diplomacy +5, Intimidate +0 to be used where appropriate. Manifesting psionic suggestion on whichever thug seems to be running the show (3 PP)

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon May 21, 2007 11:48 pm

Kelran does not draw a weapon. "I'm sorry for the disturbance." He says as he gives a small bow to the couple. Then he begins to walk toward the ship again.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed May 23, 2007 10:06 pm

Kelran apologizes and walks away, the rest of the dialogs plays out as follows:
"At ease, Dhanthus. They may indeed be thugs, but as we have already seen, these elderly have refused help that is offered. Perhaps they are simply respecting their wishes. As distasteful and dishonorable as it is for them to kick these folks out of their home, if it was done under the rule of beneficial laws for all, who are we to stop it? Moreover who are we to judge who is right by size or vigor?"
The men stop at this seeming puzzled.
Then Taman addresses the elderly, "Now that you see us by our stripes, I will again ask you if we can assist in any way?"
The elderly couple, still appear nervous - though none of you can't tell if it's from your swords, their swords, or something else.... "We just want to go."
"What is the meaning of this?"
but before anyone can answer...
"It doesn't take this many thugs to ensure your claim, but not even help them means you did some foul play!"
"What foul play? We didn't attack them, didn't promise to be their valets - they didn't even ask for help! You attacked us! What kind of trick is this?!"
"Lathander would praise you if you are trying to protect this couple but," her smile turns to a frown, "he abhors bullies."
"So he gonna swat this guy?"

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Wed May 23, 2007 10:48 pm

At Aton's suggestion, Taman puts his rapier away.
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Thu May 24, 2007 5:03 pm

Thandael follows Taman's lead, returning his club to the loop on his belt. He still says nothing.
Image

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Fri May 25, 2007 8:42 am

Dhanthus eases a little, although his emotion doesn't move.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri May 25, 2007 8:57 am

Klakxor holds steady, just outside the group, with the stone in his clenched fist.

"Perhaps we should be moving along. We need to get back to the ship guys. The captain will not be happy if we are late."

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Sat May 26, 2007 4:49 am

I am sorry that we overreacted. Can we at least help you pack?

(Anneka will shake her head and follow the group back to the ship after the inevitable "no")
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon May 28, 2007 9:12 am

The tension seems to break and everyone eases off their guard just slightly.

The old couple refuses Anneka's offer, and Klaxkor says,
"Perhaps we should be moving along. We need to get back to the ship guys. The captain will not be happy if we are late."
So off you move, watching your back, and noting that the men watch you leave as well.

Some time later, you find yourselves back at the ship.

You've made it before the due time, and the ship is readying to launch. There are three new hands on board - two humans and one elf. Each is working the sales already, although one of the humans shows definite signs of a hangover.

As you come in Dhanthus is ordered to take his station with the port side and get them ready to cast off. Thandael is told to take to the crows nest again with Permous - who you see is already there - and the rest of you are next shift.

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Mon May 28, 2007 11:20 am

Taman goes to the humans & elf and examines their wares. - scratch that...just read into context what was written.

Taman just tries to stay out of the way of those who are working.
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon May 28, 2007 11:40 am

To the group as we board the ship, "We still need to collect the dragons breath and devil's blood. Who wants to approach the captain and ask?"

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon May 28, 2007 11:56 am

Thandael checks on Ondurin before climbing to the Crow's Nest.
Image

Catharsis
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:22 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

Post by Catharsis » Mon May 28, 2007 6:25 pm

Callisti gets busy stowing her baggage and getting to know the ship and its crew.

OOC: I'll be in compulsory military service for three weeks now. I might be able to check in on the weekends, but don't count on it.

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Mon May 28, 2007 8:59 pm

Anneka goes down to her room and makes sure the medical supplies are stowed correctly. Then she spends the rest of the day in prayer and silent contimplation about what they have been through.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:41 am

Kelran was sullen on the way back to the ship and kept to himself. Back on board Kel steps in front of Dhanthus and asks "What the hell was that all about?"
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:56 am

Dhanthus keeps a bit to himself, as the daily routine is being done.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:16 pm

Kelran doesn't allow Dhanthus to keep to himself. "Answer me damn it! For what bloody reason did you draw your weapons back in town?!" Thoughts run through Kel's head and he dosn't know wether to be angry or just astounded at the rash actions of his friends.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:28 pm

Dhanthus lets out a big sigh, "It reminded him of a time in his life, when a couple of old people were driven out of their homes like those thugs and I couldn't help them for I was but a child."

"I hope you find your answers there, for I think we failed those couple." as Dhanthus returns back to his duties.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:36 pm

Since no one responded to him, Klakxor will wait until it is almost time for his shift to start to approach the captain.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”