Launching the ship

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:11 am

Klakxor will stay in the infirmary until he feels he can continue his duties on ship.

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:24 am

"I'll be up on deck if anyone needs me. Thank-you for your aid Anneka." Kelran returns to his work with the crew.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:51 am

Thandael will try as best he can to resume working on the ship.

When next able to prepare spells, he will prepare 3x Lesser Restoration for the second level slots and start whacking the sick with that (starting with himself and continuing on to whoever whines the most). He will repeat the process each day until everyone is back to full ability scores, hoping to get everyone to full strength more quickly than natural healing, in case there's another emergency.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:43 pm

Cyntinia wrote:Anneka spends her time checking on the crew or in prayer. She does try to stay on the parts of the ship that don't seem to move with the ocean as much until she is over the illness.
Anneka isn't sick - everyone else in the party was.

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:52 am

OOC: Oops. I should have checked the rats fight first. I just assumed and you know what they say: It makes a donkey out of you...

I do spend my time praying and healing the crew. I also occasionally go up on deck to look out over the sea.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:13 am

"Well that was...unpleasant. Someone remind me not to fight carrion eaters in melee." Shifting uncomfortably, Aton looks around at the crowded infirmary. "When are we going to be out of here? Not the infirmary, obviously that will wait until we're strong enough to work. I mean the ship. I'm getting awfully tired of being apart from land. As adventurous as I am, water does not agree with my disposition."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:18 pm

With some healing help you find that the disease (which Anneka and Than both assure you is not contagious) is not enough to keep you from doing your duties, you're just sluggish and weak and need to take care.

Anneka does remember getting bitten once by a rat, but checking her own wounds, she sees they've healed up well and she's fine. Chalking it up to clean living and a strong immune system she tries not to make the rest of you look like wimps. (You made your saves)

The rest of you go about your business and fine that the new members of the crew are fitting in well. Mostly they seem to have cliqued off not much differently than you all have. You notice that Epps is no longer on the Ship, but Brandon is, no longer in chains, and hanging with the new crew members mostly.

One day has passed since you diagnosed the injuries, and a day and a half since you set sail.

I'm awaiting a pm from one player talking to the captain - if anyone else is going to approach, please let me know... Otherwise, feel free to post any interactions you choose to have with each other or the crew.

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:01 pm

"So, does anyone know how much longer before next port? I agree with Aton that the sea is not my best friend."
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Come on, I thought you men could handle the tediousness of adventuring as well as the excitement of a chase? If you are bored, I'm sure the crew could teach you more about sailing. If it's dry land alone you long for, buy a plant at our next stop.

Anneka smiles at them and winks.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:04 pm

Klakxor goes about his assigned duties, learning what he can.

"As far as our ship experience goes, I would say we have had a fine voyage. Our illness was not for the ship but for our own misfortune. Our battle was a good experience for us to learn, and these are the days that call for excitement. I am sure our next stop will again bring us much excitement as we search for the ridiculous items that we agreed to find. So rather then complain, look forward to what we have yet to come."

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:27 am

"Ah, this is true, however, as you would expect from FULL elves (no offense intended, Anneka), I always long for the trees of a good, natural forest. I completely understand the draw to the water that many humans have, as I feel that toward the forests. However, that does not make me like the water, or even city, any more. I withstand these situations because I must to accomplish my goals, not because I like them. I challenge any of you to state you are doing otherwise."

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:36 am

Thandael gives Anneka a confused look at the comment about *buying* a plant. He nods at Taman's comment about forests, but adds, "While I agree brother, I am beginning to find that the ocean has much to recommend it, as well. The sea beneath us and sky above us are filled with life, uninterrupted by much human interference. Sure this is a good thing."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:52 pm

You jollily banter among yourselves, as some of your membership speaks with the captain ... more to come when those pms resolve.

steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by steeladept » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:52 pm

Taman responds back to Thandael, "Perhaps, Than, but I still prefer the unsullied soil of my forest back home if given my drethers." Then, turning back to Anneka he says, "What of you Anneka? What would be your drethers?"

(OOC, I am assuming everyone else is gone?)

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 am

If I was at home, I would probably be taking my turn in the clerics garden after my normal work in the infirmary... sigh, I miss it.

OCC: I have got to stop of thinking that this world has everything for sale like we have.

Catharsis
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Catharsis » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:34 am

Callisti pipes up, "What is there not to love about the sea? Granted, she has her rough days when she would nigh well shrug every ship off her back, but such has every force of nature." Her eyes flicker to the sky for a moment, seeking the reassuring sight of the moon.

"As long as we ride with her rather than force our way against her, she will carry us untouched by the perils and toils of landbound travel. Such as disease-ridden rodents", she adds with a wink. "Thank you for your competent care in that matter, Anneka, it is much appreciated."

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:02 am

"Hah!", Aton laughs derisively, "I suppose extreme boredom isn't a peril but it's at least a good reason not to sail. Keep your sea, I'll be glad when I can get back onto dry land."

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:46 am

Dhanthus helps here and there amongst the crew of the ship.

guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by guysorrow » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:03 am

Kelran joins the group while the work with the crew. When there is a moment to have some privacy he says "I was speaking with the captain about our little 'supply list'. The next port we will be at has the house with the devil guards - the captain says a powerful house it is. We'll be in port for several days while we get and load the cargo, so we're free to do as we wish. But if we're not on the ship when we sail, they will leave with out us." Kelran pauses a moment. "If we have a few days we should try to get some supplies and perhaps investigate this house a little more before we explore it."
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:17 pm

With Kelran's report - is there anything else you all want to do on shipboard - or discussion? Unless something relevant comes up - I'll advance time to the next port at the next validation.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:33 pm

Thandael agrees that scouting and discovering what they can about the house before exploring it directly sounds like a good plan.

{OOC: I'm fine with moving forward}

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:59 pm

"I'll agree to that." as Dhanthus sharpens his blades.

Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Cyntinia » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:50 pm

You're very welcome Callisti. Now, what are we going to do at this next port?

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Once on land, Klakxor will follow the group to find an Inn to stay at. From there, he will head to the town guard to inquire about the house that we are supposed to be looking into.

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”