Fair enough.

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
Post Reply
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Fair enough.

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 pm

As you continue talking through the night you find the dinner is filling, the conversation slowing, and your eyes growing heavier....
Perhaps someone's sprinkled pixie dust on your food, or maybe it's just been a while since you last slept. As you think about it, the latter seems about right.

You leave the table and move upstairs to your room. It has three beds in it, but then, at the moment, that's all you need. Your parties fourth, can always pull sleep on an extra pillow on the floor....


As you close your eyes you think you hear something - a slight banging on the door perhaps? But none of you pay any mind, if it's important, someone will wake you.

The next thing you know is the scent of flowers - exotic flowers - tropical island aromas mixed with eucalyptus. The sounds of banging have been replaced by the sounds of waves wafting onto the shore, the sand is warm in between your toes and you open your eyes blinking against the morning sun rising over what must be the eastern beach. Of course, this HAS to be a dream, but it's so nice you go with it. Your friends are there, the beach is peaceful and serene, the old man with the long beard is smiling at you in a very pleasant manner. You feel all is as it should be. Then your eyes settle on the man. He seems familiar, yet something is out of sorts, you've never met him before - or have you? Why is he here? No, that's not right. He belongs here. Perhaps the question is Why are you here? Not that it really matters, it's SO nice to be here....

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Niblie The pixie stans up brushes the sand off her. looks around and flutters over to the old man landing right in front of him

Hello there and who are you. how did we get here. were is here. when is it. What is this place

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by klakxor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Klakxor sits up in the sand, looking around and enjoying the peace. The sounds of the ocean reminding him of his voyage away from home. He relaxes back in to the sand, putting his arms behind his head and closing his eyes. e starts talking to his friends, not actually paying attention to where they are in relation to him, just knowing that they are nearby. Ya know Than, this is such a nice place. Lets just rest here and forego seeing the alchemist for a day or two. Things are safe for now and if he has to wait to know that, it isn't going to hurt anyone. I am sure Twiddle and Nibble both could use the relaxation too. Couldn't you guys?

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Nibblie will flutter over too Klakxor. Sit on his shoulder Yes rest would be nice. it would be relaxing. i rember this one time back home we had this 4 day celebration. it was fun and relaxing. we drank till we throw up then we drank some more she will keep rambling till someone stops her.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Benji » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:11 am

Twiddle simply smiles and lies back on the sand. I don't care if this is real or not, this is what life is all about.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Fair enough.

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:50 am

Thandael stands up with a look of suspicion. Odd... he says. He immediately whistles in an effort to call his animal companion, Ondurin, to his side.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:22 am

Ondurin doesn't respond, but somehow, that doesn't seem at all odd. He's safe and nearby. It's you who is somehow far away... You all get the sense that you are somehow far from, home... home? That's not right. You were in an inn, not at home, yet you feel far from "home."

The man smiles at the pixie and warmly at the rest of you. I did hope you would enjoy the surroundings I come here often, when I need to think. I wasn't expecting all of you, however. He scratches his long white beard. But perhaps you can help me. I can make it worth your while. Free use of my beach anytime you like, for instance. He stops again, looks perplexed for a moment, then addsMy me, where are my manners. It's breakfast time, and here I've supplied you nothing to eat. He makes a gesture, and you smell the aroma of savory foods flood the air mixing with the scent of the ocean and the flowers. He points, and as one you all look behind you to see a large table laid out with eggs, turkey, bacon (or perhaps it's turkey-bacon), bread and yogurt and an array of pastries.
You don't feel any more hungry than you did before he gestured, which is to say, you are very hungry indeed.
As you make your way around the table, as if in a dream, you find there's a perfect seat for each of you. Even a pixie sized one that is heightened so that Nibblie doesn't have to reach or otherwise sit below the table line like she usually does (or for that matter sit on the table....)\

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by klakxor » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:45 am

Klakxor gets up at the the sight of the food and rushes over. He has become quite used to the strange things that happen while adventuring and gladly accepts the food. He eats whatever he can, quite enjoying the food.

Than, you were right. All we needed to do was go to sleep before something more came along. Klakxor has a mouth full of food while he says this, but is noticeably amused at the situation.

He then turns his attention to their host. And, as always, my manners get away from me as well. I am Klakxor Redbarrel. What can we do for you, sir, to be allowed use of this wonderful getaway?

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Benji » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:37 am

Twizzle immediately heads to his special seat and begins eating, not willing to question a good thing.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Trummble will flutter over too the chair just for her and sit in it acting all proud THINKING: me me me all me

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Fair enough.

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Thandael sits at the table. In spite of his hunger, he holds off on eating. Still suspicious, he prefers to wait until some questions have been answered. For now, though, he lets Klaxkor ask the questions, having learned from experience that the warmage's social skills are more refined than his own.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by klakxor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 am

klakxor wrote:Klakxor has a mouth full of food while he says this, but is noticeably amused at the situation
patransom wrote:For now, though, he lets Klaxkor ask the questions, having learned from experience that the warmage's social skills are more refined than his own.
OUT OF CHARACTER
:lol: Social skills, as he talks with a mouth full of food. But I guess in the current company, K does have the most social skills.

 


Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:08 pm

klakxor wrote:Klakxor gets up at the the sight of the food and rushes over. He has become quite used to the strange things that happen while adventuring and gladly accepts the food. He eats whatever he can, quite enjoying the food.

Than, you were right. All we needed to do was go to sleep before something more came along. Klakxor has a mouth full of food while he says this, but is noticeably amused at the situation.

He then turns his attention to their host. And, as always, my manners get away from me as well. I am Klakxor Redbarrel. What can we do for you, sir, to be allowed use of this wonderful getaway?
As you sit and eat, and talk, and think self-important thoughts... the old man says,

I thank you and please enjoy the foods. The island can make more. I am Certain. This is my island, and it's not really here, or there or for that matter anywhere. You in fact are not really here. Or at least not only here. Though the food and the peace you take in "here" will stay with you. You are in fact here, but also there, from where ever you slept and continue to sleep. You can of course, rouse yourself at any time. Simply walk into the surf or pinch yourself hard enough to hurt - I recommend the surf. Oh, and no worries, it's not wet. Not really, wet. For wet, you need to drink the ale, or mead, or water from the tankards on the table. And sure enough there are three tankards on the table, each one clearly marked in common. Ale, Mead, and Water along with the food on the plates are all quite refreshing and filling.

As for what you need to do to be allowed to use this getaway... you have already done it. You stopped a great evil from spreading through the lands, and more, you avenged the death of my own daughter - you may not have known that, but she was killed consumed by the first artifact of evil. As such, you may use the island whenever you wish, when you sleep, or when you need a safe place. You will be here, and you will be there. But while here, you can not be hurt or even touched there. Though you can be seen.
However, I would like you to continue to do some small tasks for me from time to time - the first of which you may agree to immediately.
On this he stands and while you eat, he begins to walk around the table growing more passionate with each step as he describes the following.

To the east of this island - not more than two days journey, there is a small island - that can barely be called an island it's so tiny. In fact, you'll have a difficult time finding it if you aren't careful. The island, like most is actually the top of a huge underwater mountain, and in the center of the island is a small pool the seems to sit against the side of a large hill, under witch, if you swim down to the bottom, you can find an entrance to the interior of the mountain. You swim down, find the opening, a tunnel, and swim through the tunnel and then up a little ways. When you climb out of the tunnel, you will find a stairwell going down into the mountain itself. Follow it deep underground, under ocean too. And you will come across a lair of a fiend who has stolen a certain magical talisman from an acquaintance of mine. It is a star shaped amulet that under the light of the full moon can restore health and prosperity to both animals and plants. I must see the item returned to the village of Lanckersten prior to the next planting - or the residents will surely starve. Will you help me?

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Benji » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Twizzle blinks. My head hurts. He complains after listening to the talk about here, there and anywhere. After a couple of moments puzzling through the request, he decides on one thing. If it allows us access to here, then I'm in.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:41 pm

you talk like my great Aunt Cobweb. she would tlak like this and go on and on about nothing. All in the way of Ryme. it was great. more more again. pleasethen flys and dives in the pitcher of watershe will come up for air IM in

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by klakxor » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 am

Thank you sir. Perhaps what seems to be a series of coincidental occurances may have in fact been orchestrated then. Klakxor thinks back through what he has been through lately and begins to try and tie it all together through what he has just heard.

He returns his attention to the group and the old man. Yes. The world needs people to stand up and return things to where they belong. I will also participate in returning this magical amulet. He then pointedly looks towards Than, Well my friend, looks as if your wisdom yet again proves me wrong.

What can you tell us of this fiend? Klakxor says as he pours some ale from the tankard into a cup near him.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Fair enough.

Post by patransom » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:45 am

The man's explanation relieves Thandael's suspicions enough that he begins to start eating. However, his natural paranoia about things extraordinary means that he will carefully evaluate the man's sincerity before agreeing to the mission.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sense motive (1d20+3=22)

 

Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Still in the Tanker of water leaning on the edge looking at the old man. Yes please tell us more. i love how you talk.she will drop under the water again and come out and spit it out like a Fountain

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 am

Good. Excellent. I'm so glad you agree.His look is perplexed though. Do I talk so much like a meandering stream? I had never noticed that. It has been some time since I spoke at length to anyone other than my plants.... Perhaps I have lost the art of conversation. But truth to tell, I don't recall at all speaking in rhyme. What did I say?

With that short utterance he paces about the table, munching here and there on a hand-long sandwich.

Suddenly he looks up to the east. "Oh my, oh my. The time. You'll have to get a move on if you expect to catch the ships. and I have an engagement as well." And following his gaze you see that the sun has risen such that surly the inn keeper will be expecting you out of your room shortly.
You note the fellow is now walking down the beach towards the surf rather hurriedly.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Fair enough.

Post by patransom » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 am

Seeing no better option, Thandael follows the man towards the surf.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Didn't get a result on his sense motive check?

 

Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:02 pm

Tummble will fly over too Klakxor should there and sit down. what do you think he ment by ship. do we know how to get that.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Benji » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:30 pm

Shrugging, Twiddle follows Thandael into the surf.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:40 pm

Tumble, it is time to wake up. There is a boat waiting for us that we must take when we wake up. With Tumble on his shoulder, Klakxor will follow the others in to the waves.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm

You watch as he walks into the serf, the waves rising to engulf him completely and he's gone from your site. As you walk into the surf the gentle and soothing feelings of the warm waters washes over you. You step into your knees, then your waist, then your shoulders are submerged. As a wave washes over your head, you feel a faint tingling, and then awaken right where you remember falling asleep - in your room at the inn. Other than a faint taste of salt-water on your lips and the feeling of a full stomach from a hearty breakfast, nothing but memories remain of your trip to the beach.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by Benji » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Well that was odd... Twiddle says to himself. I suppose we should get going now, huh?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:45 pm

That was fun can we do it again. DO we know were this boat will be. will they know how to get to this island. if not then how do we get there. how do we get the boat.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Fair enough.

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Thandael sighs, So typical, hardly a moment of peace before some adventure inserts itself. I suppose there's nothing for it but to attempt to retrieve this magic amulet...
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by klakxor » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:41 pm

There is no rest for those looking to do right in the world. Klakxor smiles at the group.

I say we get moving to catch the boat. We had a good breakfast already and I for one feel great and well rested.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Fair enough.

Post by rednetra » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm

ok lets go a boating but do you know how to drive a thing like that. do we know were we are going. What do you think it is like out there on the open sea. thing we will see fish.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”