[IC] Eleven O'clock visitors

Enjoy an experimental trip into the world of play by post - explore the Kingdom of Tarati where peace currently rules, growth is at an all time high, and racism simply doesn't exist. Your DM is Sunbolt
Post Reply
Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

[IC] Eleven O'clock visitors

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:25 am

You're conversing quietly as the evening grows darker becomgin full night. Rachel cleans up in the second game, bluffing quite convincingly - and Taman wins the third with Rachel coming in a close second. Anneka seems to be in the top three each time however. Lathander clearly favoring her tonight....

It isn't till nearly elven o'clock when Saul finally calls out, "Check!" and begins to hoot. Dargan waits a while, almost seeming to nod off, his head jerks and he's awake again! He stares at the board, and his head tilts down only to jerk up again. "Admit defeat M'friend and let your grandson take you home."
Dargan looks up at him with his head tilted ever so much to the side and moves a piece on the board before standing up and walking slowly to the table where you all sit. He doesn't say a word - but after a minute you hear Saul whimper slightly as he stares at the board shaking his head.

Just then the door to the inn slams open and a Dwarf storms in - "Saul! We're back - and you're gonna love this'en. Ee's carried it all the way back with his 'ead! Get 'im a tall pitcher of that Mead-EE stuff his kind always goes fer. I'm fer thinkin' Ee's gonna need a drink!"

And just as quick the dwarf is back outside the Tavern and you can hear him calling to the stable boys to "make room for a large 'un"

Rachel quickly rises and moves to help her dad, who's already filled a large tankard with meade, and set three large mugs on another table.

She's clearly eager - as is Saul and they move to the door as you all hear a sound that you can't quite place. It's part pop, part thud and part - well what you would imagine a cartfull of tied together goosedown pillows would sound like if it dropped all at once from the top of a building and landed in front of the door.

User avatar
Lickitys Plit
Templar
Templar
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota USA

Post by Lickitys Plit » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:19 am

I Turn and watch the door as well (with glances off to the side fo see what my Companions at the table are doing).
Lickitys Plit
Always on my way Somewhere Else.
It is not where you are going, It is the mode of travel

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:21 am

<I jump to my feet>

What in the name of Tyr's Hammer was that!?

<I head toward the door, checking out what the noise is, hand on my longsword, but not drawing it>
Last edited by xenos007 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:24 am

Klakxor sees that Saul and Rachel both seem to think that whatever is happening is important. He rises from his seat and offers them any assistance he can.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:31 am

Thandael also rises from his seat, trying to move to a position where he can see out the door without getting it the way of others who seem to be moving with more purpose.
Image

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:28 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by Razgriz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:49 am

Rorik doesnt stand. He simply kicks the ground spinning his chair to face the door. He sits there watchinig the door, waiting to see what the men will do
People in glass houses sink ships

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:24 pm

"Saul, what mischief is this?" Kelran asks with a quizzical look as he rises from the table. Kelran moves to his grandfather, and positions himself between Dargan and the doorway.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Taman looks interestedly across the table towards the door, and takes note of what kind of barricade/hiding spots are available if needed...
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

User avatar
Cyntinia
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Cyntinia » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:29 am

Anneka stays in her seat and nervously fingers the herb pouches attached to her belt. She joins the others in staring at the doorway to see what is coming.
Anneka Sunflare, Cleric of Lathander
½elf 5'3" blonde with blue eyes wearing clerical robes.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:11 am

Rachel walks to the door and opens it. She peers outside into the darkness and gives a bit of a screech with a jump. Then she looks closer, actually leaning out of the doorway. "Ya gotta be kidd'n me. Poppus, Ya gotta see this." And she walks out into the night.

Saul goes to follow her, leaving the ten of you alone in the inn for the moment.

User avatar
guysorrow
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:15 am
Location: WINNIPEG, CANADA
Contact:

Post by guysorrow » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:55 am

Kelran lets out a sigh and shrugs his shoulders. Looking at Dargan he says "Please wait here a minute old man," knowing his granfather probably won't listen. "I'll be right back."

Kelran Moves to follow Racheal and Saul outside into the night.
The First Campaign - Kelran, Human Scout
The Madragar Campaign - Tromble Kimerry, Halfling Performer
TOS+ Campaign - Vaykor, Chitine Monk/Kensai
TOS 100+ Campaign - Garias, Admiral of the Lord's Navy

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:38 pm

klakxor joins Kelran, "It seems that Saul and Rachel are doing more then just tending a bar. Wonder what could be outside that would make Rachel jump like that"

User avatar
Lickitys Plit
Templar
Templar
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:07 pm
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota USA

Post by Lickitys Plit » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:18 pm

"I don't know what would make her jump like that but it was a Nice thing to watch". I sit and watch the door an the rest of the remaining group. I reach up to my neck and grab they holy symbol of Mystra hanging there.
preparing to cast if nessary
Lickitys Plit
Always on my way Somewhere Else.
It is not where you are going, It is the mode of travel

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:39 pm

Thandael moves to follow Kelran and Klakxor.

It seems the innkeepers are more curious than frightened, but perhaps what is outside is a clue to why I was sent here.
Image

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:28 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by Razgriz » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:20 pm

Rorik stands up, walking outside one hand on one of his waraxes. When he gets outside he stands against the wall of the building watching, waiting.
People in glass houses sink ships

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:43 pm

Taman addresses Anneka and Mycroft -

"What do you think could cause that? Is it common for the barkeep and Rachel to leave his establishment while it is still open? I know I have never seen that type of behavior before without some sort of threat."
Last edited by steeladept on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taman Malainus, Scout & Tarati Guide
Elf, 4'9", Brown Hair, Tan Skin, Brown Eyes

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:30 am

The council always said my curiosity would get me killed. Aye, me, but what choice do I have? It's my nature, after all.

Aton rises from his lonely chair in the corner, eyes squinted as if concentrating on something that's simply not there. Walking forward, he appaers open, but guarded as he makes his way to the door...

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:00 pm

steeladept wrote:Taman addresses Anneka and Mycroft -

"What do you think could cause that? Is it common for the barkeep and Rachel to leave his establishment while it is still open? I know I have never seen that type of behavior before without some sort of threat."
Actually - you know that that's not quite true. All of you - at least those of you who have been in town for more than a day or so - know it's not unusual at all for one or both of them to be out by the stables, porting bags in, one in the back the other out front. So far no one's bothered them or stolen anything. However, the town is growing...

The rest - is unusual. The lateness of the hour - the peculiar sound - Rachel's "startlement, then laughter."

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:36 pm

Aton opens the door, and peers out of it.

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:28 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by Razgriz » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:53 pm

Rorik turns around and goes back to his seat, leaving it face the door but not all too worried upon a second assesment of the situation, probably just some treasure hunters comin with the inn's share he thinks to himself
People in glass houses sink ships

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:57 pm

I haven't seen a post from everyone yet - I'll give the last two till tomorrow and validate then.

User avatar
steeladept
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: Ambridge, PA
Contact:

Post by steeladept » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:47 pm

Sunbolt wrote:I haven't seen a post from everyone yet - I'll give the last two till tomorrow and validate then.
<Sorry about the OOC, but it warrants it here in my opinion...>

Maybe I missed something, but I counted responses from 9 different people, many more than once. Can you mention who was missing (maybe by PM) so if it was someone who thought they responded, they can?

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:03 pm

steeladept wrote:
Sunbolt wrote:I haven't seen a post from everyone yet - I'll give the last two till tomorrow and validate then.
<Sorry about the OOC, but it warrants it here in my opinion...>

Maybe I missed something, but I counted responses from 9 different people, many more than once. Can you mention who was missing (maybe by PM) so if it was someone who thought they responded, they can?
[[ I accept the apology - next time post it on the other board - but to answer in kind. It might be confusion I caused. I placed a mini validation (with Rachel and Saul leaving) since then - only 8 people have posted. Which is fine - I suppose the post from our Paladin was meant to cover till the next validation.... I think this was my bad.... I won't always validate in a new thread. So, if you see a post from me in character explaining what an NPC does - just post again - even if it's "Sunbolt waits to see what pans out". Then I won't hold back and just go for it.]]

Next thread - new validation - will be posted tonight.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The First Campaign [CLOSED]”