The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal »

Lola will zap Marcus with the wand. And then put the wand away and pick her crossbow back up and make sure it is ready to fire (take as many rounds as needed for these actions).

[dice]0[/dice]

Edited: this is unless the 1 HP healed does not bring Marcus back to his feet. If not on his feet will do something else (TBD).
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 14 Begins:

Lola zaps Marcus with the wand, healing him a little [2 hp healed]. Marcus remains very unconscious.

A crossbow bolt zips out of the darkness to Cyrius' left (from the top right corner of 0809, to be precise), misses him, and clatters against the wall next to him.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Everyone except Lola is up.

I have finally combined the two maps for ease of reference!

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

Round 14 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 34 hp damage, READIED ACTION
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 20 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 176.9 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.2 min left, Mage Armor 238.9 min left, 19 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe and bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 36 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 1: blood rage, 20 hp damage
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, 18 hp damage

--> Validation
Round 15 Begins:
Lola: wand of CLW readied w/ 6 charges left, unloaded crossbow dropped at 1014, 5 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 27 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 72.9 minutes
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel stoops to pick up the sunrod and then moves south towards Lola and Marcus.

[ooc]Move - pick up dropped item
Move - 20 ft south to 1018[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]Tex, I think it's time for a measured withdrawal,[/talk] Cyrius addresses the dwarf. [talk]Let's catch up with Lola.[/talk]

Assuming Texudus heads towards the others, he will follow, remaining between the dwarf and the bend to the "north".
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost continues to withdraw, as quitly as he can....wonderingTHINKING: Have the others survived? Do they know were I am? Are they looking for me? Will I escape these Weasel's?
Stealth CheckShow
[dice]0[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 14 Continues:

Tex, I think it's time for a measured withdrawal, Cyrius addresses the dwarf. Let's catch up with Lola. Cyrius waits to follow Tex.

Worrel stoops to pick up the sunrod and then moves south towards Lola and Marcus.

Prost continues to withdraw, as quietly as he can.... THINKING: Have the others survived? Do they know were I am? Are they looking for me? Will I escape these weasels?

Agreed, says Tex to Cyrius, as the dwarf retreats south towards Lola, But does anyone have an extra weapon? I seem to have lost all of mine.

Cyrius follows, remaining between the dwarf and the bend to the "north."

As Cyrius moves "south" past the midpoint of the corridor, there is a loud gonging sound from the "east."

A goblin (G1) peeks around the far corner and shoots his crossbow at Cyrius. Even though Cyrius doesn't spot the sneaky goblin in time, the bolt still misses.

Both weasels seem confused by Prost's disappearance, but after sniffing the air, they are able to follow him.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola is up.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

Round 15 Begins:
Lola: wand of CLW readied w/ 6 charges left, unloaded crossbow dropped at 1014, 5 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 27 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 15 Continues:
Worrel: sword and sunrod readied, 42 arrows left, 20 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 176.8 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.1 min left, Mage Armor 238.8 min left, 19 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe and bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 36 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 34 hp damage
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 72.8 minutes
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]You may have noticed by now that Tex is being run by the DM. His player decided to let his TOS subscription lapse and retire from the game. Unless there are objections, I plan on continuing to run Tex as an NPC to help you until such time as it makes sense for him to exit gracefully. I think we have enough players, so I'm not going to shop around for a new one to take over Tex.[/ooc]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves past his companions and into the side corridor, stopping just beyond Marcus. If his sunrod's light reveals a goblin, Worrel will hold his shield up to provide protection from another crossbow bolt. If nothing, he will stoop and mutter a prayer to summon healing energies before touching Marcus.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 1121
Standard (possible) - Assume Total Defense (+4 dodge bonus to AC, should be AC 27, Touch 15, Flat 22)
Standard (possible) - Lay on Hands, target = Marcus - 2d6 healing
[dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will zap Marcus once again,

[dice]0[/dice]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 15 Begins:

Lola zaps Marcus once again, and Marcus regains consciousness [6 hp healing puts Marcus at 1 HP].

A goblin (G6) peeks around the nearer corner and shoots his crossbow at Cyrius. Once again, Cyrius doesn't spot the sneaky goblin in time. But, once again, the goblin misses.
ACTIVE EFFECTS

Round 15 Continues:
Worrel: sword and sunrod readied, 42 arrows left, 20 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 176.8 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.1 min left, Mage Armor 238.8 min left, 13 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, prone
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 34 hp damage
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation
Round 16 Begins:
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 72.8 minutes
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost continues to withdraw max distance away from the Dire Weasels...
Stealth CheckShow
[dice]0[/dice]

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

[ooc]I am in the process of moving and the new house does not have internet and not sure how well connecting to phone will work. I might not be able to replay as quickly as I like, but I am not dropping out.[/ooc]

Lola pauses and looks as if she is having an out of body experience.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Cyrius and Marcus (who's awake now!)[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]One of those little buggers might get lucky,[/talk] Cyrius opines as he looks up the corridor for further signs of goblin activity. [talk]Anybody know where Prost went? We'd better join up with him.[/talk]

Cyrius will remain in place until the others move further "down" the passageway; he will follow them.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus wakes up feeling a bit groggy, but shows gratitude for the revival. He gets to his feet and follow his team's withdrawal.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

As everyone regrouped Marcus asks for status. Being unconscious he knows not our progress.

"How badly were we beaten?"

Image Image
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Duniagdra wrote:As everyone regrouped Marcus asks for status. Being unconscious he knows not our progress.

"How badly were we beaten?"
[talk]We're all wounded, Tex's weapons are back where he fell, and Prost has gone Athena knows where,[/talk] Cyrius informs Marcus.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 16 Begins:

Worrel moves past his companions and into the side corridor, stopping just beyond Marcus. As he does so, and before he can continue his planned strategy, the three goblins reveal by his light pelt him with shots from their crossbows [the goblins' readied actions were triggered by Worrel's entry into the corridor]. Two of the goblins miss, but the third's (G9) missile, once loosed, towards Worrel and strikes him true [5 hp damage]. Now aware of the threat, but a little too late, Worrel takes up a defensive stance [I will allow you to change this action, if you want, and move instead - closer to the goblins, or out of the corridor, for example].

Prost continues to withdraw away from the Dire Weasels.

Marcus wakes up feeling a bit groggy, but shows gratitude for the revival. He gets to his feet and picks up his dropped mace. How badly were we beaten? he asks.

We're all wounded, Tex's weapons are back where he fell, and Prost has gone Athena knows where, Cyrius informs Marcus. One of those little buggers might get lucky, he continues as he looks up the corridor for further signs of goblin activity. He can just make out G6 lurking around the darkened corner. Anybody know where Prost went? We'd better join up with him.

Tex moves past Marcus and looks into the dark cathedral. I don't see him or the weasels in there. Either hiding, dead, or gone further than I can see, Tex comments, then adds with a grumble, I'd gladly go look for him if I had a weapon and some healing...

The weasels seem to loose track of Prost and now look a bit tired and less angry [their blood rage has expired]. They begin slowly snuffling their way back toward the labyrinth.

From the darkness at the very end of the corridor, a crossbow bolt hurtles into Cyrius, who reels from the unexpected assault [2 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola is up.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far).

Round 17 Begins:
Goblins 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11
--> Validation
Round 16 Continues:
Worrel: sword and sunrod readied, 42 arrows left, 25 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 176.7 minutes, 25 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.0 min left, Mage Armor 238.7 min left, 13 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 36 hp damage
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 72.7 minutes
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[ooc]I did say Cyrius would follow the others, so he should be next to Lola; probably doesn't affect the goblin's shot, but does keep the party together.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

CGM3 wrote:[ooc]I did say Cyrius would follow the others, so he should be next to Lola; probably doesn't affect the goblin's shot, but does keep the party together.[/ooc]
[ooc]Roger. Assume he's next to Lola to start this round.[/ooc]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[ooc]Retro post

Move - 20 ft to 1521[/ooc]

Grunting with the impact of the crossbow bolt, Worrel changes his mind and advances towards the goblins. He hopes to get there quickly enough to dispatch one and interfere with their shooting.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola looks glad and relieved to see most everyone together. She then says [talk]I agree we should look for Prost, but we need to get away from everything trying to kill us. Maybe move up there?[/talk] pointing to the north dark area. She will put away the wand for now as she is talking and ready her crossbow as she waits to follow the group.

[ooc]Sorry for the delay internet just came on yesterday and with the new job no time at the office to post. Should be regular now.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 17 Begins:

Lola looks glad and relieved to see most everyone together. She then says I agree we should look for Prost, but we need to get away from everything trying to kill us. Maybe move up there? pointing to the north dark area. Realizing she dropped her crossbow farther up the corridor, she keeps her wand in hand and calls upon Artemis for aid. A burst of positive energy makes everyone healthier [everyone except Prost healed 7 hp].

As Lola points north, an answer comes from that direction in the form of a crossbow bolt. The missile spears a neat wound in Cyrius' side, drawing into question the idea that nothing is trying to kill the party up there [2 hp damage].

Goblins 9 and 10 fire their crossbows at Worrel, miss, and then flee into the darkness [both retreat north via the corridor at 1710]. Goblin 11 also misses Worrel, but stands his ground.
ACTIVE EFFECTS

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far).

Round 17 Continues:
Worrel: sword and sunrod readied, 42 arrows left, 18 hp damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, masterwork short sword dropped at 1129, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 176.7 minutes, 25 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.0 min left, Mage Armor 238.7 min left, 5 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe and bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 29 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 31 hp damage
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation
Round 18 Begins:
Lola: wand of CLW w/ 6 charges left readied, unloaded crossbow dropped at 1014, 4 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 20 hp damage
Goblins 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 72.7 minutes
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]Go find Prost! I'll keep these ones back!,[/talk] cries Worrel before he steps closer to the corner. Once in place, he drops his sunrod in order to grip his shield high in front of him and prepare to intercept any crossbow bolts fired by the goblins.

[ooc]Free - 5 ft step to 1621
Free - drop sunrod
Move - wield shield
Standard - Fight defensively (+2 AC, -4 to attacks)[/ooc]
Last edited by JPetherick on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

OOC: I don't remember if Marcus picked up his weapon or what he had in hand. Was it his mace?

Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost loads his sling-staff and quietly moves forward (to 2924) trying to keep the Dire Weasels in sight...
Stealth checkShow
[dice]0[/dice]

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Instead of reading something Lola will zap everyone with channel energy. (if this means not stowing the wand I would change that as well if possible since I could not do what I intended).

[dice]0[/dice]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Duniagdra wrote:OOC: I don't remember if Marcus picked up his weapon or what he had in hand. Was it his mace?

[ooc]Marcus has his mace readied. Tex is going to try to grab one of your extra weapons. Will you let him?

Everyone - I updated the previous validation with the significant change to Lola's action. You've got more hit points.[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus offers Tex any of his three weapons, the mace crossbow or quarterstaff. The staff can be used as a double weapon if trained for it.

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]I'm heading out of town on Vacation, so the next validation will be July 12th. I was hoping to get in one before I left, but it looks like we're missing Cyrius, so...[/ooc]

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”