The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

Post Reply
User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by CGM3 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Cyrius moves to 1109 to help keep watch to the east.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:49 am

Lola stays where she is, scanning all directions to make sure nothing is coming up on them.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am

Lola stays where she is, scanning all directions to make sure nothing is coming up on them.

Cyrius moves to help keep watch to the east.

Lola falls into line with crossbow ready, as well as being ready to call upon energy if needed.

Marcus enters the hall stepping into the corner next to Lola in sight of Worrel who is about to open the door he's in front of.

Worrel opens the door, looking through for obvious threats like undead or the goblin...

An acrid, almost metallic stink fills the air of the chamber beyond the door. The walls here consist of a strange, green rock with purple veins that writhe and dance within it. This energy casts a strange, eldritch light across the entire chamber, illuminating the six black pillars that form rows along the walls of the room. They have a tar-like appearance, and what looks like human hands push at their surfaces from within, as if a crowd of humanoid creatures was trapped within each one. A plain, basalt altar rests at one end of the chamber.

Floating in the middle of the chamber, Worrel spies the spectral figure he was pursuing (A). Also nearby are two humans in tattered purple robes (C1 and C2). Each has an amulet around his neck displaying the wooden image of a four-armed gargoyle.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 1

1. Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, Smite Evil 1 active & 1 left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.6 min left, Divine Bond 4.6 min left, 4 hp damage

2. Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, 23 bolts left, 3 hp damage

3. Marcus Tilsworth: loaded crossbow readied, 3 elemental rays left, 84 bolts left, 7 hp, 3 Wisdom damage

4. Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 3 channel energy left, light on readied crossbow bolt 43.6 min left, 80 bolts left

5. Purple Robed Man (C1)

6. Purple Robed Man (C2)

7. Spectral Figure (A) - 32 hp damage (but also gained some temporary hp)

8. Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 3 regular bullets left, 40 crossbow bolts left, sunrod in boot, Elixir of Vision 59.1 min left, comatose, cannot act

9. Texudus TreeBender: carrying Prost, 26 arrows left
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Marcus advances to be right behind Worrel.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:32 am

Lola moves to the left one, taking the now vacant spot. She then waits to enter the room with a blast of energy towards the spirit.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by JPetherick » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Worrel moves to engage the undead creature, desiring to destroy it before dealing with the other two creatures.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move - to 0806
Attack - longsword +10 (+4 Str, +1 MW, +2 Smite, -2 Power Attack)
Longsword damage (vs Smite target) = 1d8+13 (+4 Str, +4 PA, +5 Smite)

AC 25 (Touch 13, Flat 24) vs Smite Target (AC 23, Touch 11, Flat 22 vs others)

 

Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by CGM3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am

Cyrius moves to 0607 and stands ready to strike at any foe who comes within reach.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by JPetherick » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:13 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Divine Bond is running, so longsword has +1 enchantment and it strikes as a magic weapon.

 

Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:18 pm

Round 2

Worrel moves to engage the undead creature, desiring to destroy it before dealing with the other two creatures. With the vigor of righteousness, Worrel overwhelms his foe, striking the unlife from all that stands before him [18 hp damage, halved to 9 hp, slays the incorporeal creature]

Cyrius moves into the room and stands ready to strike at any foe who comes within reach. What he encounters a foe most unexpected: as he moves next to one of the black pillars lining the walls of this room, several hands reach out from the thick, gummy, tar-like surface! Cyrius manages to avoid their grasp, but as the hands sink back into the pillar, he notes the odd fact that all of them were left hands. The hands continue to writhe within the pillar, suggesting that if Cyrius remains near, they might attempt to grab him again...

Marcus advances to be right behind Worrel and finds himself similarly assaulted by grasping black left hands. The hands from the pillar manage to get a grip on the sorcerer, holding him in place [Marcus is grappled].

Lola moves to the left, taking Marcus' now vacant spot. She then waits to enter the room, perhaps not yet aware that Worrel has already vanquished the spirit.

From around the corner to Worrel's left (out of sight behind C2), the party hears the unmistakable sound of a spell being cast... [No one made the Spellcraft check to identify it, though].

The robed man to Worrel's right (C1) retrieves a potion and drinks it.

The robed man to the left (C2) also retrieves and drinks a potion.

The door in the north wall of the room opens and another robed man steps through (C3). He produces a potion from his robes, but does not have time yet to drink it.

Tex sets Prost down and moves into the room, readying his bow on the way and hoping to join the battle.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Due Up in Round 2

1. Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, Smite Evil 1 left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.5 min left, Divine Bond 4.5 min left, 4 hp damage

2. Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, 23 bolts left, 3 hp damage

3. Marcus Tilsworth: loaded crossbow readied, 3 elemental rays left, 84 bolts left, 7 hp, 3 Wisdom damage, grappled by hands from the nearby pillar

4. Lola: loaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 3 channel energy left, light on readied crossbow bolt 43.5 min left, 80 bolts left

5. Whoever it is who's casting spells from behind C2...

6. Purple Robed Man (C1)

7. Purple Robed Man (C2)

8. Purple Robed Man (C3)

9. Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 3 regular bullets left, 40 crossbow bolts left, sunrod in boot, Elixir of Vision 59.0 min left, comatose, cannot act

10. Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 26 arrows left
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by CGM3 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:51 pm

'Ware the pillars, they reach out to grasp! Cyrius shouts as he moves to 1005. One has Marcus, help him! he adds as he slashes at C3 with his psychically charged mindblade.

Mindblade To Hit: 1d20+9M\
Mindblade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8

And let's try the Rolz site... hmm, seem to have created a Room (Brave New Worms) at https://rolz.org/dr?room=Brave%20New%20Worms, got 16 for the attack and 10 for the damage. (Couldn't find any embeddable forum code.) Entered #1d20+9 (to hit) in chat field at bottom, shows name and roll in log.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 am

Lola move up to 0707 and fires at C3.

Rolled a 15 to hit (sorry copying the link did not work, but it is in the room).

Image for damage.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Since I registered for the site it only lets me use my nickname, not character name, it is kabkal.

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Marcus attempts to break the hold
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by JPetherick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Worrel concentrates for a moment to determine whether these robed figures are evil. THINKING: Probably, but I wish to make sure, Worrel thinks before moving to close with the figures. While he does, the paladin also attempts to identify the amulet worn by the robed figures.

Image
OUT OF CHARACTER
Standard - activate Detect Evil
Move - 10 ft to 1005

 

Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 am

Round 3

Worrel concentrates for a moment to determine whether these robed figures are evil. THINKING: Probably, but I wish to make sure, Worrel thinks before moving to close with the figures. While he does, the paladin also attempts to identify the amulet worn by the robed figures.
Spoiler or WorrelShow
I'm going to send you a PM about the detect evil results. I might edit this spoiler for the record based on that discussion.

Worrel does not recognize the amulet.
Ware the pillars, they reach out to grasp! Cyrius shouts as he moves toward the robed men [Worrel took your spot, so I moved you as close as possible]. One has Marcus, help him! he adds as he slashes at one of them with his psychically charged mindblade [C1 instead of C3, since Worrel got in the way]. The man obviously has some form of magical protection, since Cyrius' blow glances off the robed figure as if he were heavily armored.

Marcus manages to break the grasp of the pillar, then moves away from it to avoid being grabbed again.

Lola moves into the room and fires her crossbow at the robed man near Worrel. She misses.

From thin air, a crocodile with eyes that glow evilly appears in the room next to Tex and Lola [the really big C at 0504:0606]. Tex is caught off-guard by the creature's aggressive assault and its jaws lock onto him [critical for 20 hp damage and Tex is grappled]. The crocodile also swipes its tail at Lola, a clumsy stroke that she easily avoids.

Again, the party hears the sounds of a spell being cast from the west, but there are no visible results. From the crocodile's jaws, Tex yells out Someone just cast Mage Armor over there! I bet it's the same person responsible for this reptile. Mages are bad, so somebody should really do something about them. [For the record, Marcus also identified the spell as it was cast]

The robed man in front of Worrel (C1) steps back and casts a spell. A cone of rainbow light springs from his hands, enveloping Worrel and Cyrius [both need a DC15 Will save to avoid being stunned for 1 round].

The robed man to the left (C2) retrieves and drinks another potion.

The robed man in the north doorway (C3) steps back through the doorway and finishes drinking his potion. He retrieves a second potion from his robes.

From her new vantage point, Lola sees yet another robed man (C4) creeping up to one of the east corners. He casts a spell. Mage Armor again! More Mages. Very bad! yells Tex. [Lola and Marcus also identified this spell]

Tex struggles in the crocodile's jaws, but cannot break free.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Due Up in Round 4

1. Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, Smite Evil 1 left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.4 min left, Divine Bond 4.4 min left, 4 hp damage, needs a DC15 Will save to avoid being stunned for 1 round

2. Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, 23 bolts left, 3 hp damage, needs a DC15 Will save to avoid being stunned for 1 round

3. Marcus Tilsworth: loaded crossbow readied, 3 elemental rays left, 84 bolts left, 7 hp, 3 Wisdom damage

4. Lola: unloaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 3 channel energy left, 79 bolts left

5. Fiendish Crocodile (Big C)

6. Whoever it is who's casting spells from behind C2...

7. Purple Robed Man (C1)

8. Purple Robed Man (C2)

9. Purple Robed Man (C3)

10. Purple Robed Man (C4)

11. Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 3 regular bullets left, 40 crossbow bolts left, sunrod in boot, Elixir of Vision 58.9 min left, comatose, cannot act

10. Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 26 arrows left, grappled
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:48 pm

Lola casts her domain spell Call Lightening (5 bolts, 1 each round for the next fire rounds, 3d6 damage, dc17 for 1/2, 5' wide, 30; long). Wants to hit C1 and C4 if possible. If not possible then C4.


Image
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by JPetherick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 pm

While Worrel detects no obvious taint of evil, the robed figures are obviously hostile even before one of them directed a magical attack at him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Will save
Image

 

Shrugging off the feeble attack, Worrel steps close to the two mages and attacks the one that magically attacked him. Worrel is obviously distracted by something, though.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Free - 5ft step to 1104
Standard - Attack with longsword +8 (+5 BAB, +4 Str, +1 MW, -2 Power Attack)

Image

 

Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:20 pm

kabkal wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:48 pm
Lola casts her domain spell Call Lightening...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Lola is threatened by the crocodile. Is she going to cast defensively? Or 5' step out of the crocodile's reach?

 

Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 am

patransom wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:20 pm
kabkal wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:48 pm
Lola casts her domain spell Call Lightening...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Lola is threatened by the crocodile. Is she going to cast defensively? Or 5' step out of the crocodile's reach?

 

5' step out of the way of the croc.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Marcus will move to 0805 and use up his rays on C2. He afraid to attack the crock while Tex is in its mouth.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:58 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Cyrius

 

Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by CGM3 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Cyrius steps to 1106 and takes a swing at C1.

Mindblade To Hit: 1d20+9 -> 24
Mindblade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8 -> 10
[https://rolz.org/dr?room=Brave%20New%20Worms]
CyriusAtk-01.jpg
Still trying to get the hang of Rolz.org
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:28 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Will save for Cyrius...

 

Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am

Round 4

While Worrel detects no obvious taint of evil, the robed figures are obviously hostile even before one of them directed a magical attack at him. Shrugging off the feeble attack, He steps close to the two mages and attacks the one that magically attacked him. Worrel is obviously distracted by something, though [missed].

Cyrius also shrugs off the dazzling rainbow. He steps up and takes a swing at C1. With a cavalier shrug, he proves his foe's magical defenses are ineffective at best [10 hp damage].

Marcus moves to a better vantage point and fires an elemental ray at C2. Once dispatched, the ray wastes no time, leaping straight to the target and inflicting injury [5 hp damage].

Lola moves away from the reptile and casts a spell. A bolt of lightning leaps from the ceiling. C4 manages to avoid a direct strike, but still finds the results rather shocking [made reflex save, 6 hp damage].

The evil-looking croc bites down on Tex. Its teeth entrench deeper into the dwarf's side [7 hp damage].

Once again, from the west are the sounds of a spell being cast. Worrel is now in a position to see the caster (F1, picture below): a man who wears green robes and a leather mask set with iron studs. Only his coal-black eyes are visible beneath it. His hands are covered with mystical tattoos. As he waves his hands to finish the spell, a sphere of fire appears at Worrel's feet [Worrel needs a DC18 Reflex save to avoid taking 12 hp of damage from the flaming sphere].

The robed man between Worrel and Cyrius (C1) steps back and casts another spell. This time a cone of fire envelops Worrel and Cyrius [8 hp damage, DC15 Reflex save for half].

The robed man to the west (C2) retrieves and drinks yet another potion.

The robed man in the north doorway in front of Worrel (C3) steps back again and finishes drinking his potion.

Around the corner, Lola and Cyrius see C4 also retrieve and drink a potion.

Tex continues to struggle in the crocodile's jaws, but cannot break free.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Due Up in Round 5

1. Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left, Smite Evil 1 left, light (from Marcus) on longsword 48.3 min left, Divine Bond 4.3 min left, 4 hp damage, pending (saves needed): 8 hp from burning hands (or 4 hp with a DC15 Reflex save), 12 hp from flaming sphere (or 0 with a DC18 Reflex save)

2. Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, 23 bolts left, 3 hp damage, pending (saves needed): 8 hp from burning hands (or 4 hp with a DC15 Reflex save)

3. Marcus Tilsworth: loaded crossbow readied, 2 elemental rays left, 84 bolts left, 7 hp, 3 Wisdom damage

4. Lola: unloaded heavy crossbow readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 3 channel energy left, 79 bolts left, call lightning 4 bolts left over the next 0.9 minutes

5. Fiendish Crocodile (Big C)

6. Masked Man in Green Robes (F1)

7. Purple Robed Man (C1): 10 hp damage

8. Purple Robed Man (C2): 5 hp damage

9. Purple Robed Man (C3)

10. Purple Robed Man (C4): 6 hp damage

11. Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 3 regular bullets left, 40 crossbow bolts left, sunrod in boot, Elixir of Vision 58.8 min left, comatose, cannot act

10. Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 26 arrows left, grappled
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:41 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I figured out how to link to the Rolz.org results. Made a thread here about it and for additional questions.

 

Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Seeing the masked figure, Marcus will summon a pit beneath his feet. If he realizes there's not enough room for it he'll continue with Ray attacks on c2.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3150
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by CGM3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Once more into the breach...

 

Cyrius manages to evade the full brunt of the burning hands spell.
Image

Then he steps to 1205 okay, 1206, recharging the psychic energies of his mind blade, and swings at C1 again.
To Hit:
Image
Damage:
Image

See Edit above.
Last edited by CGM3 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 1249
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Canada

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by JPetherick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Worrel tries but fails to avoid the washes of flame from the spells cast by the robed figures. Still, he makes a short step and tries to dispatch one of the casters.

Worrel:1D20+5 → 9(4 + 5)#Reflex vs Flaming Sphere
Worrel:1D20+5 → 8(3 + 5)#Reflex vs Burning Hands
Worrel:1D20+10 → 22(12 + 10)#Attack roll (BAB+5, Str+4, MW+1)
Worrel:1D8+8 → 9(1 + 8)#Damage (Str+4, +4 PA)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Free - 5 ft step to 1205
Standard - Attack C1

 

Image
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Lola will step up to 0804 and toss a lightening bolt down towards C2 and F1.


Image
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:56 am

kabkal wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:37 pm
Lola will step up to 0804 and toss a lightening bolt down towards C2 and F1.
OUT OF CHARACTER
The lightning bolts from call lightning are vertical (ceiling to floor), so you can only hit one. Which one do you want?

Also, there's a pillar at 0804. You can move there, but you saw another pillar grab Marcus. This one looks very similar, so it might not be safe. Do you want to move to 0904 instead?

 

Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 am

0904 is good, F1 for the attack.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder}”