The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move to 616 and then if still able to move to 216.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[yell]LIttle help here![/yell]

Tex drops his bow, and draws battleaxe, and whacks the weasel.

atk0

dmg1
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 7 Begins:

Lola finds her way out of the darkness, around the corner, and into the light between Worrel and Cyrius.

Cyrius lurches with surprise as a bolt from behind smoothly slides into its new home in his back [critical hit + sneak attack damage = 12 hp]. He turns to see that Goblin 6 has crept silently up to the corner behind him.

Goblin 7 drops his crossbow, draws his club, and swings it ineffectually at Worrel.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Everyone except Lola's turn.

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do a separate validations for Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

Round 7 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, ready if a goblin (or anything else that looks like a foe) comes within reach, 26 hp damage
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 9 hp damage
Evan Prost: masterwork short sword readied, unloaded slingstaff in off-hand, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.6 minutes, 10 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.9 min left, Mage Armor 239.5 min left, 12 hp damage, grappled
Texudus TreeBender: bow readied, 36 arrows left, 35 hp damage, 3 points CON drain, grappled
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 1: blood rage, 20 hp damage
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, 14 hp damage

--> Validation
Round 8 Begins:
Lola: loaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 5 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.6 minutes
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius responds to the unexpected attack by advancing to 0616 and slashing at the goblin who shot him.

Mind Blade to hit: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mind Blade damage: 1d8+3+1d8 psychic damage
[dice]1[/dice]
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will attack the weasel at a disadvantage.
[ooc]My laptop is temporarily down. Please make my roll for me.[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost makes a bold attempt to dash past Dire Weasel 2, tumbling thru 1121 to 1221 to flank and attack Dire Weasel 2.
The DashShow
Acrobatics check: [dice]0[/dice]
MW Shortsword atk w/+2 flanking:[dice]1[/dice]
MW Shortsword dmg: [dice]2[/dice]
Sneak atk dmg & +2 bleeding :[dice]3[/dice]
:(
Plan B should the Dash failShow
MW Shortsword atk:[dice]4[/dice]
MW Shortsword dmg:[dice]5[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 7 Continues:

Cyrius responds to the unexpected attack by advancing on and slashing at the goblin who shot him. He misses.

Worrel discovers that Cyrius' movement has hidden the goblin in front of him in darkness. Nevertheless, he slashes again at where he knows the creature to be. He also misses.

Prost makes a bold attempt to dash past the Dire Weasel that has a hold on Marcus. He is unable to slip past the thrashing creature, so he resorts to plan B. Remaining where he is and attacking proves fruitless, though.

Though disadvantaged by the Weasel's grasping jaws, Marcus attacks anyway with his mace. He does not connect.

LIttle help here! Tex yells from up the corridor. He drops his bow, draws battleaxe, and whacks the weasel to no avail.

Goblin 1 misses with a crossbow bolt aimed at Tex.

Goblin 9 likewise misses Marcus.

Dire Weasel 1 continues to bite down on Tex. The tips of his teeth penetrate Tex's defenses leaving a notable mark [11 hp damage and 4 CON damage from blood drain]. This last assault leaves Tex unconscious and dying [at -6 hp, needs a DC16 CON check to stabilize].

Dire Weasel 2 gnaws on Marcus. Its teeth bounce up and down the length of Marcus' leg, perforating his defenses with dozens of tiny nicks [8 hp damage and 4 CON damage from blood drain]. Marcus finds himself in the same state as Tex: unconscious and dying [at -6 hp, needs a DC16 CON check to stabilize].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Lola's turn.

The goblins' readied actions have split up the initiative order, so I will need to do a separate validations for Lola, then everyone else. I will try to post more frequently so that this doesn't bog down.

Shaded area marks the limits of shadowy illumination provided by the torches/sunrods you're using; crosshatched area shows the extent of Prost's and Tex's darkvision (the others can't see that far). The yellow blob is Worrel's dropped sunrod.

Round 8 Begins:
Lola: loaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 5 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation
Round 8 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 26 hp damage
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 9 hp damage
Evan Prost: masterwork short sword readied, unloaded slingstaff in off-hand, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.5 minutes, 10 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.8 min left, Mage Armor 239.4 min left, 20 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious and dying, needs a DC16 CON check to stabilize, grappled
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe readied, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 46 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious and dying, needs a DC16 CON check to stabilize, grappled
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.5 minutes
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius takes another swing at the goblin before him.

Mind Blade Attack: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mind Blade Damage: 1d8+1+1d8
[dice]1[/dice]
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost yells out [yell]HELP! Marcus is down...[/yell] Prost then attacks the Young Dire Weasel...and steps back 5 feet.
MW Shortsword atk: [dice]0[/dice]
MW Shortsword dmg: [dice]1[/dice]

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will fire at the goblin.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit (+4 then -4 for firing into melee, so if the - is not needed add it back in please)
[dice]1[/dice]if hits
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I'll try and stabilize even though I'm grappled.
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Stabilize Check
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 8 Begins:

Lola fires at the goblin, missing.

Goblin 6 steps back, then fires his crossbow, sending an arcing shot through a small hole in Cyrius' defenses [2 hp damage].

A crossbow bolt comes out of the darkness, presumably from Goblin 7. Worrel cannot protect himself from the ruthless spike of the well-aimed missile [3 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Sorry for the delay. Just need an action from Worrel and I can validate the bottom half of the round. Cyrius might re-consider whether he wants to swing at G6, because it would mean a 5 foot step that leaves Worrel and Lola in darkness.

Round 8 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 28 hp damage
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 12 hp damage
Evan Prost: masterwork short sword readied, unloaded slingstaff in off-hand, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.5 minutes, 10 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.8 min left, Mage Armor 239.4 min left, 20 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious and dying, needs a DC16 CON check to stabilize, grappled
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe readied, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 46 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious and dying, needs a DC16 CON check to stabilize, grappled
Remaining Goblins

--> Validation
Round 8 Begins:
Lola: unloaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 5 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.5 minutes
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Reluctantly conceding to circumstances, Cyrius steps back to 0516, standing ready to cut down G6 should he show his ugly face, calling out to Lola and Worrel, [yell]I think we may need to regroup with the others![/yell]

Mind Blade Attack (if G6 comes into range): 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mind Blade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8
[dice]1[/dice]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

[ooc]Just to save time[/ooc]

Lola will reload her crossbow.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Worrel[/ooc]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel does not say anything to alert the goblins about what he has planned. He turns from the possible threat in front of him and moves past Lola and Cyrius towards his other companions.

[ooc]Full round - Double move to 0713[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 8 Continues:

Reluctantly conceding to circumstances, Cyrius steps back, standing ready to cut down any goblin that should show his ugly face, calling out to Lola and Worrel, I think we may need to regroup with the others!

Worrel does not say anything to alert the goblins about what he has planned. He turns from the possible threat in front of him and moves, as quietly as possible for a heavily armored half-elf, past Lola and Cyrius towards his other companions.

Prost yells out HELP! Marcus is down... Prost then attacks the Young Dire Weasel. After his gracefully dashing lunge strikes true [4 hp damage], he steps back 5 feet out of the Labyrinth and into the Dark Cathedral.

Failing to stabilize, Marcus bleeds [now at -7 after accounting for CON damage].

In his lonely corner of the maze, Tex likewise fails to stabilize [also at -7 after accounting for CON damage].

Prost sees Goblin 9 poke his head around the corner of the secret door next to Weasel 2. Other goblins do things that no one is conscious to see...

Prost also sees another Weasel (Weasel 1, who has released Tex at the command of his goblin master, although Prost doesn't know that) come charging down the corridor toward him.

Weasel 2 releases the unconscious Marcus and steps toward Prost. With a lunge, the creature entrenches its teeth into Prost [11 hp damage]. Fortunately, Prost somehow manages to avoid being grappled.

Round 9 Begins:

Lola reloads her crossbow.

Goblin 6 shoots a crossbow bolt at Cyrius that bounces off the wall nearby.

Another crossbow bolt comes out of the darkness to Lola's south, catching her unawares. The spin of the bolt burrows a hole into her, whipping blood in every direction [9 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Double validation! Everyone except Lola is up again.

Round 9 Continues:
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 28 hp damage
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod dropped at 1014, 42 arrows left, 12 hp damage
Evan Prost: masterwork short sword readied, unloaded slingstaff in off-hand, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.4 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.7 min left, Mage Armor 239.3 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious and dying, needs a DC17 CON check to stabilize
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe readied, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 47 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious and dying, needs a DC17 CON check to stabilize
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, 18 hp damage

--> Validation
Round 10 Begins:
Lola: loaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 22 bolts left, 14 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.4 minutes
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will attempt to stanpbilize again.
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Stabalize
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move to 0616 and fire at G6

[dice]0[/dice] to hit
[dice]1[/dice]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius withdraws to 0613 and waits for Lola to move past him again.
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Outnumbered, and with no sign of help on its way, Prost withdraws as far as he can into the Dark Cathedral (40' I think to 1823), still keeping line of sight on the entrance he just stepped out of...Prost sheathes his short sword, while on the move in preparation to load and use his sling staff.
[ooc]Can't see map of area moving into...Prost would attempt to go stealth if terrain permits and attempt to hide.[/ooc]

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves to the corner and then turns south, staying well back from the weasel. He holds his shield forward with his sword raised for a killing stroke if the weasel approaches.

[ooc]Move - 20 ft to 1014
Ready attack - longsword +7 (+4 BAB, +4 Str, +1 MW, -2 power attack), 1d8+8 (+4 Str, +4 power attack)[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 9 Continues:

Cyrius withdraws and waits for Lola to move past him again.

With Cyrius' torch now lighting up the corridor to the east, Worrel can see that it dead ends in an alcove (with a gong and a peephole into the long corridor), so he reconsiders his move and heads back out the secret door from whence the party came [Sorry, the map was unclear because of all the crosshatched shading. Hopefully, it makes more sense now. Let me know if Worrel wanted to do something else other than this alternative plan I made him execute].

Outnumbered, and with no sign of help on its way, Prost withdraws as far as he can into the Dark Cathedral, making his way around the cover of the shack where he can attempt to hide [Withdraw is a full-round action and you cannot sheath your weapon as part of moving, only draw a weapon].

Miraculously, Marcus stops bleeding and stabilizes.

Tex is not similarly fortunate and bleeds [now at -8 after accounting for CON damage].

Goblin 9 shouts something in goblin at the weasels, then ducks back out of the doorway to where no one can see him.

The weasels pursue Prost into the Dark Cathedral. In the darkness of the huge chamber, they seem a bit disoriented. However, Prost soon sees them come around each of the corners of the shack, sniff the air and turn towards his general direction with a growl.

Round 10 Begins:

Lola moves out of the darkness and fires her crossbow at Goblin 6. She misses.

Goblin 6 returns fire. With the speed of a striking snake, his shot bites into Lola [2 hp damage].

Once again a crossbow bolt comes out of the darkness, towards Lola, this time from the darkness to the west where she just vacated. For a moment, Lola doubles over, as the shot lodges in her midsection [11 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Sorry, the Cathedral map is upside down with respect to the labyrinth map. I'm much to lazy to paste them together. 1323 on the cathedral map is 1022 on the labyrinth. Let me know if this is too confusing...

Double validation! Everyone except Lola is up again.

Round 10 Continues:
Evan Prost: masterwork short sword readied, unloaded slingstaff in off-hand, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 177.3 minutes, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace dropped next to him, 14 bolts left, Light (on mace) 39.6 min left, Mage Armor 239.2 min left, 21 hp damage, 4 points CON damage, unconscious but stable
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe dropped next to him, bow dropped at 1508, 36 arrows left, 48 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, unconscious and dying, needs a DC18 CON check to stabilize
Remaining Goblins
Young Dire Weasel 2: blood rage, 18 hp damage

--> Validation
Round 11 Begins:
Lola: unloaded crossbow readied, 5 channel energy left, wand of CLW 7 charges left (stowed), 21 bolts left, 27 hp damage
Goblins 6 and 7
--> Validation

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 73.3 minutes
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Stabilize check0
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]<bangs on internet> Knock, knock... is this thing on?[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[ooc]I see ya... :)[/ooc]
patransom wrote:[ooc]<bangs on internet> Knock, knock... is this thing on?[/ooc]

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel continues around the corner with his shield held up before him. Once he moves into the darkness, he continues until he either encounters an enemy or reach Tex.

[ooc]Potentially double move to 1508

If possible, attack with longsword - +9 attack (BAB +4, Str +4, MW +1], 1d8+4 dmg (Str +4)

Attack - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage - [dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius moves to 0609. [talk]We were fools to go running all over the place,[/talk] he announces as he waits for Lola to catch up. [talk]Time to use the wits Athena gave us.[/talk]

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”