The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by kabkal »

Duniagdra wrote:Seeing Lola pick up the crossbow and in need of munitions, Marcus offers her 30 from the 40 he picked up increasing his stock by 10 instead of 40. He also asks if anyone wants the remaining two alchemist fire. If now he'll take the for a total of 4.
Lola thanks Marcus, and asks [talk]Will this leave you enough? I can split 20 20.[/talk]

[ooc]Sheet uploaded[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Marcus takes the crossbow bolts, gives 30 to Lola and keeps 10 for himself. He also takes two alchemist's fire and asks if anyone else wants the other two.

Worrel checks for evil auras, and is relieved to find none.

Lola channels energy twice [everyone healed 18 hp]. She casts lesser restoration on Tex [3 points of CON damage healed].

As Prost stuffs the gold into his sack, Tex happens to note that there are several composite longbows (+2 STR bonus) in the party's loot! He says, [talk]Oy! That's a much better weapon fer me![/talk] He claims one of the bows and returns the crossbow and 40 bolts to the loot pile. He also claims a dwarven waraxe and returns the quarterstaff, Nadroc's Tribute, to Marcus.

[ooc]Status of loot from the last fight:
  • 4x Chainmail Armor
  • 4x Heavy Wooden Shield
  • 2x Alchemist's Fire remaining (plus 2 to Marcus)
  • 4x Dagger
  • 3x Dwarven Waraxe (plus 1 to Tex)
  • 3x Light Crossbow remaining (plus 1 to Lola)
  • 40x Crossbow Bolts remaining (plus 10 to Marcus, 30 to Lola)
  • Leather Armor
  • Battleaxe
  • Whip
  • 48 gp (in group loot)
New XP totals are here

I'm working on reviewing the level 5 sheet. Status:
  • Cyrius
  • Worrel - sheet posted, review underway
  • Lola - sheet posted, review underway
  • Marcus
  • Prost - sheet received, review underway
  • Tex - level up underway
Once everyone's 5th level version has been created and approved, we'll continue adventuring![/ooc]

[ae]Worrel: sunrod lost in the labrynth, 42 arrows left, 4 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: 24 bolts left, 2 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 195.0 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 3 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Evan Prost: 6 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 133.3 min left, uninjured
Lola: wand of CLW 5 charges left, heavy crossbow lost in the labrynth, 0 channel energy left, 51 bolts left, 3 hp damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 2 hp damage[/ae]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will split the remaining bolts with Lola, 20/20.[ooc]Marcus is updated.[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]Grallak Kur's equipment was not tainted with evil.[/talk] Worrel pauses for a moment before continuing. [talk]I have no skill or ability to determine if an item is magical. Should one of you check his equipment?[/talk]

Worrel prepares to take first watch, settling himself between the party and the entrance to their refuge. He uses a whetstone to touch up any nicks that his sword suffered in the fight.
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Everyone's 5th level character sheet has been submitted. I have my tabletop Age of Worms campaign to prepare for and run this weekend, but I will try to fit in time to finish reviewing your sheets.

If you're interested, here are some comparative stats:
  • The tabletop campaign (using 3.5 rules) has been running 7.5 years playing one weekend every month or two (but that includes a year-long hiatus when a key player moved overseas). The PCs just started the 10th adventure (out of 12) and are about to reach 18th level. There have been 3 permanent PC deaths (and one death followed by resurrection). We've lost one player and gained one player along the way.
  • This play-by-post campaign (originally using d20 Modern(!), but now using PF rules) has been running very close to 7 years. You are a little more than 2/3 through the 3rd adventure and just reached 5th level. There's only been 1 PC death (I think... Filge), but we've lost and gained many more players along the way (though the group has been very stable for the last bit).
This is not a comment on your abilities as players, of course, just a comparison of the two means of facilitating play (face-to-face vs. play-by-post).[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

patransom wrote:[ooc]Everyone's 5th level character sheet has been submitted. I have my tabletop Age of Worms campaign to prepare for and run this weekend, but I will try to fit in time to finish reviewing your sheets.

If you're interested, here are some comparative stats:
  • The tabletop campaign (using 3.5 rules) has been running 7.5 years playing one weekend every month or two (but that includes a year-long hiatus when a key player moved overseas). The PCs just started the 10th adventure (out of 12) and are about to reach 18th level. There have been 3 permanent PC deaths (and one death followed by resurrection). We've lost one player and gained one player along the way.
  • This play-by-post campaign (originally using d20 Modern(!), but now using PF rules) has been running very close to 7 years. You are a little more than 2/3 through the 3rd adventure and just reached 5th level. There's only been 1 PC death (I think... Filge), but we've lost and gained many more players along the way (though the group has been very stable for the last bit).
This is not a comment on your abilities as players, of course, just a comparison of the two means of facilitating play (face-to-face vs. play-by-post).[/ooc]
Actually, we started this campaign using D&D 3.5 (I was running a Scout), then morphed into d20 Modern, then switched to Pathfinder. :thumb1:
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

CGM3 wrote:Actually, we started this campaign using D&D 3.5 (I was running a Scout), then morphed into d20 Modern, then switched to Pathfinder. :thumb1:
[ooc]Oh yeah, but I'm counting that as a different campaign, since we didn't start the Age of Worms until the switch to modern! If we count the Brave New Perearth storyline, then we've been playing more than 9 years. And had a lot more character deaths.[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[ooc]I remember us starting this in 3.5, going to modern, switching to PF. Have we been really playing this since 2007?[/ooc]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Well sorry, guys, but my desktop PC just crapped out. That means I can't access my files with the info I need to finish reviewing your characters. I'm certain that the hard drive is fine, so I'll be able to recover, but it might be a week or two until I get it plugged into a new home :-x[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

patransom wrote:[ooc]Well sorry, guys, but my desktop PC just crapped out. That means I can't access my files with the info I need to finish reviewing your characters. I'm certain that the hard drive is fine, so I'll be able to recover, but it might be a week or two until I get it plugged into a new home :-x[/ooc]
Sheep happen. :roll:
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

We'll wait

Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[ooc]Happy New Years everyone[/ooc]

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Update: my new computer will be here next Tuesday. I have verified that I didn't lose any data, so I'll get us started again soon after that.[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

patransom wrote:[ooc]Update: my new computer will be here next Tuesday. I have verified that I didn't lose any data, so I'll get us started again soon after that.[/ooc]
Yea....new computer....second XMASS :thumb1:
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]New computer arrived today. Installing... should be rolling in this game again by the weekend.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

After an uninterrupted rest, the party feels stronger, more capable, and much healthier (although Marcus and Tex still feel some weakness due to the blood-sucking weasels). They make their way back through the mines to the dark cathedral, which is described in this thread way back here.

Upon their return, they observe the following (I have corrected the map orientation; we'll be going with goblins to the north from now on):
  • A leads to the mines; it's the route you just came from.
  • B leads to the area with the arena where you defeated the followers of Inanna (see this thread for complete details of that area).
  • C is the trapdoor into the caves in which you battled the grimlocks and first captured Grallak Kur (how much easier would it have been if you killed him the first time?).
  • D is the entrance to the labyrinth of goblins, which you had barricaded with empty carts before you left. Here, something has changed: the carts still block the entrance, but the door they previously blocked is open. Clearly, someone unbarricaded the door, opened it, then moved the carts back into position.
  • E is the pool of dark liquid, which continues to bubble ominously, just as Prost observed before.
[ooc]Please place yourselves on the map by picking a square, tell me what weapons/items you have readied, and decide what to do next. Note that it's very dark here, so someone will have to provide light.[/ooc]

[ae]Worrel: 42 arrows left
Marcus Tilsworth: 44 bolts left, 3 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: 36 arrows left, 3 points CON damage
Evan Prost: 6 regular bullets left
Lola: wand of CLW 5 charges left, 51 bolts left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: 13 bolts left[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will take position at 1709 with his mind blade in longsword form and watch the stairs (I assume those are stairs winding around the curved wall) for any possible threat.
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost puts light rod in his boot, and seeing the way open to D, the entrance to the labyrinth of goblins, he warily approach the wagons, sling staff loaded...looking for traps Starting @ 0905

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel stands next to Prost, peering into the darkness while holding his longsword and shield ready in case there are goblins waiting to attack the party.

[ooc]Starting at 0906[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will be at 2009

[ooc]Don't have my computer with TOS on it with me. Prior to moving out will want to try and heal CON damage, if I can. Will bring computer home over the weekend and will post the healing then.[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Just before we move out Lola will will cast Lessor Restore on Marcus and Tex.

[dice]0[/dice] Marcus
[dice]1[/dice] Tex
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

On the way back down to the dark cathedral, Lola cures Marcus and Tex of their weakness.

Once in the cathedral, the party positions themselves as follows:
  • Cyrius takes position to watch the stairs with his mind blade in longsword form.
  • Lola moves over by the bubbling pool.
  • Perhaps lost in thought, Marcus remains by the door.
  • Prost puts his sunrod in his boot, and seeing the way open to the labyrinth of goblins, he warily approaches the wagons, sling staff loaded...looking for traps.
  • Worrel and Tex move along with Prost, weapons ready in case there are goblins waiting to attack the party.
When Prost reaches the wagons, he notes a cleverly hidden tripwire looped through the wheels of both wagons [Trap Found]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left
Marcus Tilsworth: nothing readied, 44 bolts left
Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 36 arrows left
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 6 regular bullets left
Lola: nothing readied, wand of CLW 5 charges left, 51 bolts left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: mindblade longsword readied, 13 bolts left
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost points out the trap to everyone that is close by. He tries to determine what the trap will do if tripped....once he determines what it will do, he attempts to disarm it...

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[talk]Harrumph, damn goblins and their tricks,[/talk] says Tex, [talk]If you're going to mess with that thing, I'm moving out of the way.[/talk] He looks pointedly at Worrel as he backs up to 1407.

[ooc]Prost can tell that the trap will release a bundle of lumpy objects if either of the wagons is moved. He didn't make his Perception check by enough to figure out what the bundle of lumpy objects might do... Will he proceed to disarm the trap?[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

patransom wrote:[talk]Harrumph, damn goblins and their tricks,[/talk] says Tex, [talk]If you're going to mess with that thing, I'm moving out of the way.[/talk] He looks pointedly at Worrel as he backs up to 1407.

[ooc]Prost can tell that the trap will release a bundle of lumpy objects if either of the wagons is moved. He didn't make his Perception check by enough to figure out what the bundle of lumpy objects might do... Will he proceed to disarm the trap?[/ooc]
Prost alerts the others (all), he is about to attempt to disarm the trap. To allow for objections, or other actions before he makes his attempt. With no objects or actions by the others Prost will attempt to disarm the trap.
[talk]Hey! I'm about to disarm a trap hear. Any objections?[/talk]

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]Just let me step back a bit. Uhh ... to cover you ... in case you need it.[/talk]

Worrel steps back beside Tex, holding his shield up in front of him as if expecting a pack of goblns to start firng arrows and slingstones from the dark tunnel to the north.

[ooc]Move to 1205[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]Give it your best shot,[/talk] Cyrius encourages Prost, remaining vigilant where he is.

[ooc]Pfui, I wasn't notified of the recent updates via email.[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola makes sure to have the wand of CLW out in case it is needed.

[ooc]Did we find a crossbow in any of the loot, I cannot remember. I so Lola would like it.[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

kabkal wrote:Lola makes sure to have the wand of CLW out in case it is needed.

[ooc]Did we find a crossbow in any of the loot, I cannot remember. I so Lola would like it.[/ooc]
According to the loot list abovw, there were 4 light crossbows, Lola took one and 30 quarrels. :thumb1:
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Worrel and Tex back up, then Prost easily disables the trap. He discovers that the bundle of lumpy objects contains two alchemist fire and a thunderstone.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Lola has both a heavy crossbow and a light crossbow on her character sheet. And 51 bolts, shown below.

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Worrel: longsword and shield readied, 42 arrows left
Marcus Tilsworth: nothing readied, 44 bolts left
Texudus TreeBender: longbow readied, 36 arrows left
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 6 regular bullets left
Lola: wand of CLW w/ 5 charges left readied, 51 bolts left
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: mindblade longsword readied, 13 bolts left

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”