The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by smeltdm »

Prost tries to recall what entrances are in the area other than the obvious entrance to the west as he moves to 0913, sling staff ready
knowledge localShow
[dice]0[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

smeltdm wrote:Prost tries to recall what entrances are in the area other than the obvious entrance to the west as he moves to 0913, sling staff ready
[ooc]Prost knows there's another entrance to the east (around 2424), although it's a less direct route to the chamber the party is in.[/ooc]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

patransom wrote:
smeltdm wrote:Prost tries to recall what entrances are in the area other than the obvious entrance to the west as he moves to 0913, sling staff ready
[ooc]Prost knows there's another entrance to the east (around 2424), although it's a less direct route to the chamber the party is in.[/ooc]
Prost shares with the rest...[talk]Watch out, there is an other entrance to the east. Its not as direct thou...[/talk]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Cyrius and Marcus[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius moves to 0915 in preparation for the entrance of their foes.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[ooc]My laptop is temporarily out of service, so I'm unable to view my sheet. Does Marcus have burning hands in his list? If so, will it reach the bottom of the pit for him?[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Burning Hands is on Marcus' list, but it's a 15' cone and the pit is 30' deep, so it won't reach. He has 7 elemental rays left, which would reach. So would the spell acid splash. Those are single target only, though.

For reference, here's Marcus' list:

----¦ Sorcerer (P) Level 0 +----
Acid Splash
Detect Magic
Light
Mending
Prestidigitation
Read Magic
----¦ Sorcerer (P) Level 1 +----
Burning Hands
Disguise Self
Mage Armor
Shield
----¦ Sorcerer (P) Level 2 +----
Create Pit[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[ooc]Thanks. I forgot his rays.[/ooc]Marcus will use up his rays focusing on one target until dead. Before the pit expires he will step back though and continue with Ray attacks until spent.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 2 Begins:

Mitra grants me strength, you foul thing!, yells Worrel at Grallak Kur's fleeing back. Run like a yellow dog! Worrel backs away from the pit and moves towards the western tunnel entrance to intercept Grallak Kur.

Tex moves to the center of the room, where he can watch all the entrances, and readies to move toward any enemies that appear.

Cyrius follows Worrel in preparation for the entrance of their foes.

Marcus moves toward his pit, preparing to electrocute anyone still alive inside it.

Lola moves toward the western entrance and lets Prost know that the bad guys plan is going to a different entrance.

Prost shares with the rest, Watch out, there is an other entrance to the east. Its not as direct though...

There is no sign of Grallak Kur or his henchmen...
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Create Pit: 3 rounds left (ends round 5 on Marcus' initiative), persons in red striped area at the end of their turn must make a DC16 reflex save at +2 or fall in.

Round 3 Begins:
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod lost in the labrynth, 42 arrows left, 26 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender: Nadroc's Tribute readied, batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 21 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, readied to move
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 20 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, Mage Armor 199.6 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, Light (from Marcus on a sling bullet) 1.5 min left, darkvision 137.9 minutes, 14 hp damage
Lola: short sword +1 and wand of CLW w/ 6 charges left readied, crossbow lost in the labrynth, 2 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 9 hp damage
Grallak Kur (GK)
Dwarven Mine Guard (D1): 8 hp damage, including 1 nonlethal, at the bottom of a pit
Dwarven Mine Guard (D2): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D3): 4 hp damage
Dwarven Mine Guard (D4): 8 hp damage, including 1 nonlethal, at the bottom of a pit

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 0.0 minutes
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel continues moving west to intercept Grallak Kur. He pulls up short, though, before the turn in the tunnel where he can be sheltered from missiles or spells.

[Double Move to 0213]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola moves to 0211 and hides behind where the rock sticks out and readies for the enemy.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius double moves to join the other two at the western entrance (0212). [whisper]Mayhap someone should scout the other passage, see if it also leads out,[/whisper] he opines.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

smeltdm wrote:
patransom wrote:
Prost shares with the rest...[talk]Watch out, there is an other entrance to the east. Its not as direct thou...[/talk]
Prost should already be @ 0913

Prost holds position & action, sling staff loaded and ready to let loose a bullet at first enemy he see's
Perception to see hear enemyShow
[dice]0[/dice]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 3 Begins:

Worrel continues moving west to intercept Grallak Kur. He pulls up short, though, before the turn in the tunnel where he can be sheltered from missiles or spells. Peering around the corner, he sees Grallak Kur and the remaining mine guard approaching the entrance.

Tex remains ready to move toward any enemies that appear.

Cyrius moves to join Worrel at the western entrance. Mayhap someone should scout the other passage, see if it also leads out, he opines.

Marcus steps to the edge of pit and shoots an electrical ray at one of the dwarves at the bottom. He misses, but at least he manages to avoid falling into the pit.

Lola moves to join Worrel and Cyrius and attempts to hide behind where the rock sticks out.

Prost holds position, sling staff loaded and ready to let loose a bullet at first enemy he sees.

From just outside the entrance, the remaining dwarven mine guard shoots his crossbow at Worrel. The bolt bounces off the cover provided by the rocky tunnel.

The mine guards at the bottom of the pit fire their crossbows at Marcus, to no avail.

Grallak Kur casts a spell and disappears from sight! [He was last seen at 0116]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Create Pit: 2 rounds left (ends round 5 on Marcus' initiative), persons in red striped area at the end of their turn must make a DC16 reflex save at +2 or fall in.

Round 4 Begins:
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod lost in the labrynth, 42 arrows left, 26 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender: Nadroc's Tribute readied, batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 21 hp damage, 7 points CON damage, readied to move
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 20 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, 6 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 199.5 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, Light (from Marcus on a sling bullet) 1.4 min left, darkvision 137.8 min left, 14 hp damage
Lola: short sword +1 and wand of CLW w/ 6 charges left readied, crossbow lost in the labrynth, 2 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 9 hp damage
Grallak Kur (GK)
Dwarven Mine Guard (D1): 8 hp damage, including 1 nonlethal, at the bottom of a pit
Dwarven Mine Guard (D3): 4 hp damage
Dwarven Mine Guard (D4): 8 hp damage, including 1 nonlethal, at the bottom of a pit

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves around the corner and swings at the dwarven guard, hoping to remove this threat and then deal with Grallak Kur. He listens and watches for any sign of the evil creature.

[ooc]Move - 10 ft to 0114
Standard - longsword +7 (+4 BAB, +4 Str, +1 MW, -2 Power Attack), 1d8+8 (+4 Str, +4 Power Attack)
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Perception - [dice]2[/dice][/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola stands at the ready in case GK comes back or if an opening appears in the battle line.
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel flourishes his blade to remove the bits of dwarf clinging to it.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius moves to 0113 to support Worrel.
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves to 0916, to watch to the north east & east.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will fire again

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 4 Begins:

Worrel moves around the corner and swings at the dwarven guard, hoping to remove this threat and then deal with Grallak Kur. What remains of the dwarf now looks disfigured as Worrel shreds a thick layer of anatomy and watches it fall [16 hp damage = dead dwarf D3]. Worrel flourishes his blade to remove the bits of dwarf clinging to it, then listens and watches for any sign of the evil Grallak.

Tex moves up near the edge of the pit, anticipating its disappearance.

Cyrius moves to to support Worrel.

Marcus fires again. As one would expect, Marcus' ray crashes down like a strike of lightning. Unlucky for the dwarf, as dodging lightning would have presented a better chance of survival [3 hp damage = dead dwarf D1]. Marcus takes a step back to avoid the chance of falling into the pit and put himself out of the remaining dwarf's line of fire.

Lola stands at the ready in case GK comes back or if an opening appears in the battle line.

Prost moves to watch to the north east & east.

Worrel quite clearly hears the sound of a spell being cast at 0116.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Create Pit: 1 rounds left (ends round 5 on Marcus' initiative), persons in red striped area at the end of their turn must make a DC16 reflex save at +2 or fall in.

Round 5 Begins:
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, 5 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 199.4 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, Light (from Marcus on a sling bullet) 1.3 min left, darkvision 137.7 min left, 14 hp damage
Grallak Kur (GK)
Dwarven Mine Guard (D1): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D3): DEAD

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel moves forward to leave room for his companions and takes a forceful swing through the space in front of him. [yell]Gralluk Kerr is right here![/yell]

He remains ready in case Grallak Kur appears or moves away.

[ooc]Move- 10 ft to 0016
Standard - attack into 0116 with longsword +7 (BAB +4, Str +4, MW +1, -2 Power Attack), 1d8+8 damage (+4 Str, +4 Power Attack)
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
Perception +5 - [dice]2[/dice]

Additional attack for AoO - [dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice][/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves to 0818, sling staff ready, in anticipation of the pit disappearing...

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will move to 0015 or 0016 (depending on whether or not Worrel bumps into Grallak Kur trying to enter 0116) and take a swing at either 0116 or 0117 (again, depending on Worrel's bumping into the foe).

Mindblade To Hit: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
Mindblade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8
[dice]1[/dice]

Perception Check: 1d20+8
[dice]2[/dice]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola moves up to 0213 and pulls out the wand of healing holding it in left hand with sword in right. Waiting to use either as necessary.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

After this dwarf, Tex, let's head outside. Since they've found boss man maybe we can block his exit.

Marcus takes a step back and fires another ray as soon as the dwarf emerges.

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 5 Begins:

Worrel moves forward to leave room for his companions and takes a forceful swing through the space in front of him. Gralluk Kerr is right here! Worrel's swing swishes harmlessly through the air in front of him.

Tex delays...

Noting that Worrel made no contact, Cyrius moves farther forward and takes a swing beyond where Worrel attacked (Cyrius swings at 0117). His sword also finds no target.

After this dwarf, Tex, let's head outside. Since they've found boss man maybe we can block his exitm says Marcus as he takes a step back and readies to fire another ray...

As expected, the pit disappears, bringing the last dwarven mine guard to the surface. Before the dwarf can react, Marcus' elemental ray rips through the open air and lays the enemy low [5 hp damage, dead dwarf]

Tex moves forward and picks up the dwarf's crossbow. Examining it, he observes, This should work until I can get me a new bow.

Prost moves up near Marcus and Tex.

Lola moves up and pulls out the wand of healing, holding it in left hand with sword in right, waiting to use either as necessary.

With a laugh that sounds equally like a growl, Grallak Kur appears behind Lola, swinging his battleaxe. Lola suffers a butchering chop from his powerful wide-arching swipe, as he yells, Die Heathen Priestess! [8 hp damage].

With her sword readied, Lola manages to counter-attack. A scrappy exchange ends with Grallak Kur injured [3 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 7 Begins:
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, 4 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 199.3 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: carrying a light crossbow and Nadroc's Tribute, batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 21 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, Light (from Marcus on a sling bullet) 1.2 min left, darkvision 137.6 min left, 14 hp damage
Lola: short sword +1 and wand of CLW w/ 6 charges left readied, crossbow lost in the labrynth, 2 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 17 hp damage
Grallak Kur (GK): 3 hp damage
Dwarven Mine Guard (D1): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D3): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D4): DEAD

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost moves to 0914, after hearing Grallak Kur...sling staff ready

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius moves to 0313 (which gives Grallak Kur an attack-of-opportunity, AC is 22) and swings at the evil priest with his mind blade.

MindBlade Attack: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
MindBlade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8 psychic
[dice]1[/dice]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus follows prost in full advance to the sound of fighting.

Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”