The Third Face of Evil

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Re: [Active Thread] The Third Face of Evil

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel reverses course and re-enters the cave. He engages Grallak Kur, attacking with his longsword.

[ooc]Move - 10 ft to 0113
Attack - longsword +7 (+4 BAB, +4 Str, +1 MW, -2 Power Attack), 1d8+8 damage (+4 Str, +4 Power Attack)

Attack - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage - [dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will once again swing down on GK.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit
[dice]1[/dice] if hits
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 6 Begins:

Worrel reverses course and re-enters the cave. He engages Grallak Kur, attacking with his longsword. A harsh ripping sound erupts from the grimlock's body [13 hp damage].

Cyrius moves past Grallak Kur, leaving himself open to attack. Grallak Kur takes the opportunity, but misses. In return, Cyrius swings at the evil priest with his mind blade. He also misses.

Marcus makes a full advance towards the sound of fighting [since you didn't give me a map location, I just moved you next to Prost, which is somewhat less than a full move; let me know if you want to be closer to GK].

Tex grabs the dead dwarf's quiver of crossbow bolts, then stows Nadroc's Tribute. Right behind you... he says.

Prost moves towards the battle, after hearing Grallak Kur; sling staff ready.

Lola once again swings down on Grallak Kur, but misses.

Ignoring the wound inflicted by Worrel, Grallak Kur continues to assault Lola. After his brutal cut lands, he releases a low and savage growl [12 hp damage].
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 7 Begins:
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod lost in the labrynth, 42 arrows left, 26 hp damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: charged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 20 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, 4 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 199.2 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: unloaded light crossbow readied, 20 bolts left, batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 21 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Evan Prost: loaded slingstaff readied, 8 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, Light (from Marcus on a sling bullet) 1.1 min left, darkvision 137.5 min left, 14 hp damage
Lola: short sword +1 and wand of CLW w/ 6 charges left readied, crossbow lost in the labrynth, 2 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 29 hp damage
Grallak Kur (GK): 16 hp damage
Dwarven Mine Guard (D1): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D2): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D3): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D4): DEAD

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 0.0 minutes
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost advances to 0612, sling staff loaded with Light (from Marcus on a sling bullet), he sends a bullet of light :rant: at Grallak Kur.

Sling staff atk w/-4 for firing into melee (since Prost is firing from open flank does this apply): [dice]0[/dice]
Sling staff dmg: [dice]1[/dice]

[ooc]' :hmm: might this cause some confusion for Grallak Kur, if it dosen't kill him...that is this bullet of light :rant: :?:[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]Get behind me,[/talk]Worrel says to his companion.

[talk]Time to go, foul thing![/talk], to Grallak Kur as the undead slayer continues his assault.

[ooc]Attack - longsword +7 (BAB +4, Str +4, MW +1, Power Attack -2) - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage - 1d8+8 (+4 Str, +4 Power Attack) - [dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius takes another swing at Grallak Kur. If Lola heeds Worrel's words and steps to 0114, he will move to 0213 to block their foe's advance.

MindBlade Attack: 1d20+8
[dice]0[/dice]
MindBlade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8 psychic
[dice]1[/dice]
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

If Grallak is still alive, Marcus will move to 0510 and cast another ray at him.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will go full defensive and step back 5' to 114. She will continue to keep the wand in the ready in case any of the people in front need healing.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 7 Begins:

Get behind me, Worrel says to his companion. Time to go, foul thing! he adds to Grallak Kur as the undead slayer continues his assault. The attempt to behead Grallak fails, leaving behind a vicious gash instead [12 hp damage].

Cyrius takes another swing at Grallak Kur. With a casual twist of his wrist, Cyrius carves a notch out of the grimlock [5 hp damage]. He remains ready to cover Lola's retreat.

Seeing that Grallak is still alive, Marcus moves into the cave and casts another ray at him. Marcus' shot packs a wallop as it strikes Grallak and ricochets downwards [critical confirmed, 12 hp damage].

Now equipped with a ranged weapon and ammo, Tex double moves toward the battle.

Prost advances into the cave, sling staff loaded with Light (from Marcus on a sling bullet), he sends a bullet of light :rant: at Grallak Kur. A mighty blast of a shot lands with a loud clap [5 hp damage]. Grallak seems to notice the clap, but not the light, given that his eyes are just sewn-in corpse eyes...

Lola goes full defensive and steps back out of harm's way. She continues to keep the wand in the ready in case any of the people in front need healing.

Cyrius takes this opportunity to interpose himself between Grallak and Lola.

Grallak Kur sneers, Yes, flee from me, weakling priestess. It is only a matter of time till the Sibilant Beast claims you. He steps back from Worrel and Cyrius and casts a spell. Some of his wounds are healed!
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Round 8 Begins:
Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod lost in the labrynth, 42 arrows left, 26 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, 3 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 199.1 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: unloaded light crossbow readied, 20 bolts left, batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 21 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, 7 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 137.4 min left, 14 hp damage
Lola: short sword +1 and wand of CLW w/ 6 charges left readied, crossbow lost in the labrynth, 2 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 29 hp damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: uncharged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 20 hp damage
Grallak Kur (GK): 45 hp damage (but some of that healed)
Dwarven Mine Guard (D1): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D2): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D3): DEAD
Dwarven Mine Guard (D4): DEAD

Secret DM Countdown Timer: 0.0 minutes
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]Athena's owl and aegis, 'tis past time we ended this farce,[/talk] Cyrius declaims as he takes a five-foot step to 0312, charges his mindblade with more psychic energy as a move action, and strikes once more at the grimlock.

[dice]0[/dice]
MindBlade Damage: 1d8+3+1d8 psychic
[dice]1[/dice]

Let's see if he can confirm the critical:
[dice]2[/dice]
MindBlade Damage: 1d8+3
[dice]3[/dice]
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel growls, [talk]You are only delaying the inevitable![/talk]. The paladin steps closer to Grallak Kur and swings his longsword again.

[ooc]Free - 5 ft step to 0212
Standard - Attack - longsword +7 (BAB +4, Str +4. MW +1, Power Attack -2) - [dice]0[/dice]
Damage - 1d8+8 (Str +4, Power Attack +4) - [dice]1[/dice][/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

JPetherick wrote:Worrel growls, [talk]You are only delaying the inevitable![/talk]. The paladin steps closer to Grallak Kur and swings his longsword again.

[ooc]Free - 5 ft step to 0212
Standard - Attack - longsword +7 (BAB +4, Str +4. MW +1, Power Attack -2) - [dice]97249:0[/dice]
Damage - 1d8+8 (Str +4, Power Attack +4) - [dice]97249:1[/dice][/ooc]
The d20 giveth, and the d20 taketh away. :d20:
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost reloads his sling staff and lets an other bullet fly...
Fire into Melee -4
Sling staff atk:[dice]0[/dice]
Sling staff dmg: [dice]1[/dice]

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

[ooc]Two stupid questions, one of which maybe has been stated and I just missed. Is GK an undead? And, if I channel energy will it both heal friends and hurt undead with the same blast?[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

kabkal wrote:Two stupid questions, one of which maybe has been stated and I just missed. Is GK an undead? And, if I channel energy will it both heal friends and hurt undead with the same blast?
[ooc]Grallak Kur is not undead. Channel energy either heals living or harms undead, not both at the same time.[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola pops Worrel with the CLW wand.

[dice]0[/dice]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Marcus[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus moves to 0613 and fires another ray.

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 8 Begins:

Worrel growls, [talk]You are only delaying the inevitable![/talk] The paladin steps closer to Grallak Kur and swings his longsword again. He ends up waving it ineffectually.

Marcus moves next to Prost and fires another ray. With speed and accuracy, his shot carries a message of deadly intent [8 hp damage].

Tex loads and fires his newly acquired crossbow at Grallak Kur. Visualizing a bulls-eye upon his target, he lets loose a shot that hits dead center [11 hp damage].

Prost reloads his sling staff and lets an other bullet fly, with no success.

Lola moves forward and pops Worrel with the wand [healed 4 hp].

[talk]Athena's owl and aegis, 'tis past time we ended this farce,[/talk] Cyrius declaims as he steps up, charges his mindblade with more psychic energy as a move action, and strikes once more at the grimlock. Cyrius spins into his swing, finishing the fight with a blow that slices completely through Grallak Kur's lower half [crit confirm, 17 hp damage]

With combat over, Tex asks, [talk]If the mine guards are working with these cultists, will they let us back in if we leave? I've got a decent weapon now, so maybe we should hole up in the depths and rest. Instead of going to town and risking having to fight our way back in?[/talk]

[ooc]What will you do now?[/ooc]

[ae]Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod lost in the labrynth, 42 arrows left, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, 2 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 199.0 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: unloaded light crossbow readied, 19 bolts left, batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 21 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, 6 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 137.3 min left, 14 hp damage
Lola: short sword +1 and wand of CLW w/ 5 charges left readied, crossbow lost in the labrynth, 2 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 29 hp damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: uncharged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 20 hp damage[/ae]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]I agree with Tex,[/talk] says Worrel. [talk]It might be only a few of the guards who sided with Grallak Kur and the cultists. Or, it may be all of them. Let us find a defensible spot and rest there.[/talk]

Worrel looks at his companions, then moves over to Lola. [talk]Would you accept some healing from Mitra? I can only call upon him once more today but you appear to be the most sorely wounded.[/talk]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola says [talk]If we can heal up and find my crossbow and more ammo then I am find staying here. And yes, I will take some healing, and I still have some healing to offer today if needed as well.[/talk]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[talk]It's possible the grimlock had the dwarves under some manner of magical compulsion,[/talk] Cyrius suggests. [talk]With luck, such a spell will have worn off after we've rested. And I think most of us could use some healing.[/talk]
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Worrel prays quietly before reaching out to Lola. The healing energy granted by Mitra flows to her.

[ooc][dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost feels lucky to be alive and is more than happy to rest, but suggests..[talk]We should be on guard and find an easy place to defend place were we can rest and may we should check to see what weapon or items they had that may be useful...[/talk] Prost tries to remember what he can about the mine, someplace with a backdoor maybe...
Knowlege local of the mineShow
[dice]0[/dice]
Perception check of dead for anything usefulShow
[dice]1[/dice]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus agrees with Tex and Warrel. He's now wondering if the guards have anything we can use.

"Let's search the bodies for anything useful."

Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Worrel provides Lola some healing [healed 8 hp] and the party searches Grallak Kur and the dwarves. They find the following:
  • 4x Chainmail Armor
  • 4x Heavy Wooden Shield
  • 4x Alchemist's Fire
  • 4x Dagger
  • 4x Dwarven Waraxe
  • 3x Light Crossbow (Tex already took the 4th one}
  • 40x Crossbow Bolts (Tex already took the other 40)
  • Leather Armor
  • Battleaxe
  • Whip
  • 48 gp
[ooc]The gold has been added to your loot list: here. Let me know if you want to take any of the other stuff (e.g., if Lola wants a replacement crossbow).[/ooc]
Prost recalls that this mine has been in operation a long time, so there are likely portions that have been depleted and are no longer used. With Tex's help, you should be able to find a defensible abandoned section and rest...

[ooc]Do any additional healing you want in this thread. Then we'll start a new one after you've rested.

Before we get to that, though, you've earned enough XP to level up! New XP totals are here

Current character sheets are at the links below. Let's use those threads and/or PMs to update, level up, and create new versions: Once everyone's 5th level version has been created and approved, we'll continue adventuring![/ooc]

[ae]Worrel: sword and shield readied, sunrod lost in the labrynth, 42 arrows left, 22 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth: heavy mace readied, 14 bolts left, 2 electrical rays left, Mage Armor 197.0 min left, 0 hp damage, 4 points CON damage
Texudus TreeBender: unloaded light crossbow readied, 19 bolts left, batteaxe and bow lost in the labrynth, 36 arrows left, 21 hp damage, 7 points CON damage
Evan Prost: unloaded slingstaff readied, 6 regular bullets left, ZERO (0) left of bolts, CLW potions, and darkvision potions, darkvision 135.3 min left, 14 hp damage
Lola: short sword +1 and wand of CLW w/ 5 charges left readied, crossbow lost in the labrynth, 2 channel energy left, 21 bolts left, 21 hp damage
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: uncharged mind blade longsword readied, torch in off-hand, 13 bolts left, 20 hp damage[/ae]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus picks up the crossbow bolts and takes two alchemist fire.

Image Image
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[talk]I have no interest in any of those items,[/talk] says Worrel. [talk]But I should examine the items carried by Grallak Kur in case they still carry the taint of evil.[/talk]

Worrel concentrates for a moment, intoning a silent prayer to Mitra before examining not just Grallak Kur's gear, but all of it.

[ooc]Use paladin's Detect Evil ability[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will burn her last two channel energies on healing everyone:

[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Lola will cast Restoration (lesser) on Tex
[dice]2[/dice]

She also picks up a crossbow, and looks to see if there are any additional bolts.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Seeing Lola pick up the crossbow and in need of munitions, Marcus offers her 30 from the 40 he picked up increasing his stock by 10 instead of 40. He also asks if anyone wants the remaining two alchemist fire. If now he'll take the for a total of 4.

Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”