The Land Family Farm

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

Post Reply
User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 am

After selling off some loot, dividing up the treasure, and doing some shopping, the party sets out on their mission to bury the child-ghost Alastor Land's bones. They find a small, quiet clearing just where Alastor said it would be east of Rastingdrung. A copse of immense deklo trees shades the clearing and, atop a small bluff overlooking the clearing, crumbling walls and a seemingly abandoned farmhouse stand vigil. Obviously, the structures on the hill above are the sad ruins of what must once have been Alastor’s home.

Five grave markers stand in the clearing, each with a different name: Anders, Bemissa, Coldaran, Gertia, and Alastor. Open pits yawn from before all five headstones! Piles of fresh dirt and a pair of abandoned shovels suggest that the excavation took place recently, certainly within the week.
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Well now. We find where his family had laid, but now we have to find where they've been moved. That's just great.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:54 pm

humph, yeah, this is pretty odd. Think that new trio in town had something to do with this? wonder if they left any tracks... Tex starts walking around the graves and disturbed earth, trying to get a feel for what's here, and if anything, where it goes...

Find/Follow Tracks. (1d20+10=21)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Tex's search for tracks turns up some results. Immediately obvious are the tracks of a wheelbarrow heading away from the graves back toward Rastingdrung. More interestingly, Tex's examination of the ground around the graves turns up tracks that tell him a pretty good story of what happened here. Five booted medium-sized humanoids walked all around the graves and eventually dug them up. Shortly after they looted the graves, the men who left these tracks walked off to explore the farmstead. Four of them seem to have come back very quickly, leaving for the road immediately thereafter with the wheelbarrow.
OUT OF CHARACTER
In response to Marcus' comment, I will quote Yvon Chouinard: "Adventure only happens when everything goes wrong." :)

 

Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:58 pm

We'll i suppose that young Alastor's grave was empty, so they didnt get much from there. I wonder what had 'em runnin form teh ruins so fast. think this place is haunted too?
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Let's find out! Marcus heads for the ruined farm house.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by CGM3 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Cyrius activates his mind blade in its longsword form and looks anxiously about. Somehow, I find it suspicious that grave robbers would choose now to steal these bodies after, what, a couple of generations? Maybe we should try tracking 'em down before looking in the farmhouse or the ruins, he suggests uneasily.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 pm

CGM3 wrote:Cyrius activates his mind blade in its longsword form and looks anxiously about. Somehow, I find it suspicious that grave robbers would choose now to steal these bodies after, what, a couple of generations? Maybe we should try tracking 'em down before looking in the farmhouse or the ruins, he suggests uneasily.
We're here already. We know the bodies have gone. I'd like to know what caused only four of these thieves to return in a hurry and depart. If we can find the fifth, and identify him, or learn that the family still haunt here waiting for their son, then perhaps we can learn even more once we show to ghosts we have their lost son's remains. I say the house has president. Besides, these tracks are still relatively fresh, perhaps a day or two? Rice looks to Tex for indication to confirm how old the tracks might be. He continues walking to the house.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Exactly how ruined is the house? Rice will look into any windows he's able to peek through. When was the last rainfall?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:32 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Can Tex determine teh age of the tracks?

 

I'm pretty confident that the grave robbers are long gone, at least from this area. Tex says as he's walking toward the ruins, longbow ready.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by kabkal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:15 am

Lola looks at the empty graves, and is visibly shaken at the fact that someone would rob from the graves of the dead. Then, she gathers herself and is ready to move on.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:50 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Since the post below refers to specific dates, I've posted info about the Wilderlands Calendar in the background thread. Key points are that a week is 5 days, and the current year is 4433 BCCC.

 

Tex believes the tracks are about a week old. As Lola looks at the empty graves, she also chances to closely examine the grave markers. In full, they read:
Anders Land: 4369–4402 BCCC
Bemissa Land: 4372–4414 BCCC
Coldaran Land: 4388–4414 BCCC
Gertia Land: 4401–4414 BCCC
Alastor Land: 4390–
The markers for Bemissa, Coldaran, and Gertia also bear the symbol of a four-petaled flower. Lola recognizes that this is a symbol commonly associated with victims of the Red Death Plague that swept through the region 19 years ago.

Proceeding up the hill toward the farmhouse, it becomes clear that the dilapidated Land farmstead consists of a crumbled wall and an unsafe looking house with broken windows and a sagging roof. Enough of the walls of the house, however, are intact, that you cannot see inside the ruined building. As you enter the yard, a humanoid figure leaps from one of the broken windows and flees at top speed away from the building in your general direction. This person, who has a horned head to mark him as a Tiefling from the Demon Empires far to the south, does not seem to have seen you yet. Instead, he is looking over his shoulder with something akin to terror. From inside the house comes a bizarre cry that sounds like a mix of a hoot and a growl.
OUT OF CHARACTER
The person fleeing from the house is Edgar Frog, a new player who will be joining us. He is marked with the "E" on the map. He emerged from the window around 0512. Everyone, including Edgar, may take a move action and do a reasonable amount of speaking before whatever's chasing Edgar comes out after him and we go into initiative order.

The large trees on the map are overgrown bushes. They cost 2 squares to move through and provide cover. The wall around the farmyard is low and broken. It can be crossed/vaulted over with two squares of movement and also provides cover.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by rednick90 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Edgar is going to dive into the bushes at 0615 to try to hide, and ready his short bow.

Hide:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/ ... d20+13=18)
initiative:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/ ... 1d20+5=16)
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Tex nearly fires an arrow at the fleeing man, but looses site of him in the bushes.

He starts to circle around, moving to 1313, bow at the ready.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Marcus will move to 818 and load his crossbow.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by CGM3 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Cyrius will stand his ground, watching both where the stranger went to cover and the dilapidated farmhouse. Something gave him a fright...
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by kabkal » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:34 pm

While Lola readies her crossbow she will be looking around to find two things: where the man went, and what was chasing him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
two perception checks, first for man that hid, second for what scared him. (1d20+3=9, 1d20+3=21)

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Pre-initiative Actions

The frightened stranger (Edgar) dives into the bushes and is lost from view to Lola and Marcus. Tex and Cyrius, with their sharp senses, manage to keep sight of him.

Tex starts to circle around, bow at the ready. [Tex can only reach 1214 in a single move; he's a dwarf now, remember]

Marcus takes cover behind the wall, loading his crossbow.

Cyrius stands his ground, watching cautiously.

Lola readies her crossbow, keeping an eye out both for the stranger and whatever frightened him. She sees it soon enough...

Squeezing its way out of the broken window from which Edgar emerged comes a large beast. The creature is an amalgam of fur and feathers, a bizarre half-bear, half-owl monstrosity. The monster looks for the intruder it's been chasing and immediately spots Edgar in the bushes. It raises its huge, ursine claws in anger.
owlbear.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER
Note that, in spite of being large, the owlbear only has 5 feet of reach, so it will have to move to get Edgar, even if he remains where he is.

INITIATIVE ORDER:
Round 1
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade
Edgar Frog
Texudus TreeBender
Owlbear
---> First Validation
Round 1 Continues
Lola
Marcus Tilsworth
Round 2
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade
Edgar Frog
Texudus TreeBender
Owlbear
---> Next Validation

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
oops :oops:

 


KN: Nature (1d20+8=16) trying to identify creature. (dont think that's gonna work though)

Tex takes a 5' to 1114, and fires at the large owl-thing. atk, w/ Point blank shot (1d20+5+1=7, 1d8+1=5)

OUT OF CHARACTER
er, that's a nat 1. :(

 

Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by CGM3 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Cyrius moves to 0813 (I think, the square 2 NE of Edgar) and expertly flings his weapon at the critter.

Cyrius attacks the owlbear: 1d20+6 = 17+6 = 23, 1d8+2 = 8+2 = 10 damage. :thumb1:
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by rednick90 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Edgar moves to 1115 and fires his bow at the creature.

Attack and damage on creature. (1d20+7=23, 1d6=1)
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Round 1 Begins

Cyrius moves forward and expertly flings his weapon at the critter. The psychic blade impales the beast, causing it to hoot-growl loudly.

Aware he's been spotted, Edgar scurries out of the bushes. After reaching a safe distance, he shoots an arrow from his shortbow, which barely nicks the creature, but manages to do a little damage.

Tex considers what manner of beast this might be and quickly concludes it is most unnatural. He's so uncertain about the creature that he fires his arrow straight into the ground.

Frustrated by Edgar's escape, the owlbear advances on Cyrius, who narrowly ducks a swipe from a large and sharp claw.
OUT OF CHARACTER
INITIATIVE ORDER:
Round 1 Continues
Lola
Marcus Tilsworth
Round 2
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade
Edgar Frog
Texudus TreeBender
Owlbear
---> Next Validation

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by CGM3 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:45 pm

rednick90 wrote:Edgar moves to 1115 and fires his bow at the creature.
Leaving Cyrius as the obvious target of the owlbear's wrath...

THINKING: Damned cowardly tielfings.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:28 am

Marcus moves to 1017 for a better shot and lets fly a bolt from his crossbow.
Ranged Attack/Damage vs beast in melee (1d20+3-4=13, 1d8=3)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by rednick90 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 am

edgar will try to sneak up behind the creature to 0513.

sneaking. (1d20+13=20)
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by CGM3 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Cyrius materializes his mind blade in its rapier form with a move action and thrusts at the beast. Perhaps unnerved by the near miss of the owlbear's attack, or distracted by the missiles whizzing past him, his aim is less accurate this time. Athena preserve me from overeager archers! he blurts in exasperation.

Cyrius thrusts at the owlbear with less than stellar success: 1d20+7 = 3+7 = 10, 1d6+2 = 2+2 = 4 damage ( >:) )
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by kabkal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Having her crossbow ready, Lola fires at the big owl
OUT OF CHARACTER
fire crossbow at owl (1d20+3=18, 1d10=2)

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
did I kill the bear?

 

Marcus beings tapping his foot as his bolt still carries through the air. THINKING: Will it hit or miss? 8-)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:30 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Still waiting for Tex.

I split the rulebook questions out into their own topic.

 

Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:18 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Very sorry, i was out of town this weekend, then without internet today. Back online now though.

 

Tex Stands his ground and fires again at the creature.

atk w/ PBS (1d20+5+1=19, 1d8+1=9)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Round 1 Continues

Lola fires her crossbow at the big owl. Because the creature is in melee with Cyrius, she just barely misses.

Marcus moves for a better shot and lets fly a bolt from his crossbow. He taps his foot as his bolt still carries through the air. THINKING: Will it hit or miss? Turns out it misses.

Round 2

Cyrius materializes his mind blade in its rapier form with a move action and thrusts at the beast. Perhaps unnerved by the near miss of the owlbear's attack, or distracted by the missiles whizzing past him, his aim is less accurate this time. Athena preserve me from overeager archers! he blurts in exasperation.

Edgar tries to sneak back through the bushes into a flanking position behind the owlbear. Unfortunately, the creature spots him as he emerges from the bushes and swats him with a giant, sharp claw. [9 hp damage]

Tex stands his ground and fires again at the creature. Even with the melee going on, his shot is true and the owlbear hoots again.

The angry owlbear divides its attention between Edgar and Cyrius. Edgar ducks a claw, but Cyrius takes one in the gut. Having missed Edgar with a claw, the owlbear bites him on the top of the head with its beak. [5 hp damage to Cyrius, 8 hp more damage to Edgar]
OUT OF CHARACTER
INITIATIVE ORDER:
Round 2 Continues
Lola
Marcus Tilsworth
Round 3
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade - 5 hp damage
Edgar Frog - 17 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender
Owlbear - wounded and angry about it
---> Next Validation

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder}”