The Land Family Farm

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: [Active Thread] The Land Family Farm

Post by patransom »

Edgar goes inside to keep an eye on the goons. He manages to stay out of trouble while Kullen and his friends sit and drink sullenly for several hours. They seem disinterested in the rowdy goings on surrounding them and no one disturbs them.

The rest of the party waits outside in the muddy square. Over the course of several hours, they witness several drunken arguments and one brawl that is broken up only after a considerable period of time. The two constables who eventually show up to put a stop to the fight drag only one participant to jail, apparently because he is unconscious and therefore unable to pay a bribe. The whole time, at the temple next door to the Feral Dog, an agitated priest of Sashu shouts hymns at whoever will listen.

Finally, well after midnight, your targets wander out of the Feral Dog as a group. They appear drunk and one of them (the black-haired goon with two swords) carries a bottle. As they weave their way across the square to the north (following the path indicated by the red line on the map), drunken miners stagger out of their way, apparently respecting the martial appearance of the group and the large size of their leader.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Map below is for illustration purposes only. I'll make up a map with a combat grid as soon as you guys decide it's needed...

For reference, the buildings around the square are listed below. They are described in detail here.

1. Zalamandra’s Emporium
2. Lazare’s House
3. The Feral Dog
4. Church of Sashu
5. Tidwoad's
6. Sheriff’s Office
7. General Store
8. The Hungry Gar

Status Report:
Edgar - 10 hp damage

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

Edgar will follow them out an regroup with the rest of the party
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

There's too many people here. Let's follow them until questioning them seems more private.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Yes, I'll follow your lead.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

edgar will silently follow suit
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius concurs.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The party follows the group of drunken thugs at a discreet distance. The four men make their way north out of the square, to where there are fewer people about. Arriving at an intersection where the northbound street meets an east-west street along the lake shore, the thugs stop for a brief discussion. From this distance the party cannot overhear their discussion, but, based on what happens next, it is apparently about who is staying up drinking and who is going to bed. The tattooed half-orc, the black-haired goon, and the robed man all turn off the street and make for the door of Jalek's Flophouse [they are heading for building 9 on the map following the blue line]. The ugly fellow with the polearm, however, takes the bottle from the black-haired goon and continues west down the muddy street [following the red line on the map], which is completely deserted not too far ahead.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Status Report:
Edgar - 10 hp damage

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

I think this is our chance to question the one going off by himself, Cyrius opines quietly.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

CGM3 wrote:I think this is our chance to question the one going off by himself, Cyrius opines quietly.
Most definitely! Marcus begins to double-step his pace to catch up with the guy.
Image Image
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will also double time it to catch up to the guy. But rather than following him, she will go between the buildings and try to head him off so he does not get away. Once she sees him, she will slow down to make it not look like she is trying to cut him off, rather just appear to be in the same spot at the same time as a lucky break for him.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

Edgar will sneak around between building 1 and 8, then head west and between the two smaller buildings behind number 1 and wait for the goon.

sneaking (1d20+13=24)
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex hangs back a little bit, walking after them, but within a close bowshot while the others do the running and sneaking.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The party moves out to catch up with or head off the fellow with the pole arm. Their efforts are complicated a bit when the man takes an unexpected turn to the right and begins walking down one of the unused docks that protrude out into Wooling Lake (following the new, brighter red arrow on the map). This could be a benefit, however, since he will now have no way of escaping without jumping into the polluted, murky water. It will be easy enough for the party to regroup and confront him at the end of the dock, if that's what they want to do.
OUT OF CHARACTER
So, it looks like the man will stop at the end of the dock, probably to sit and drink his bottle of liquor. Let me know if you want to sneak up on him, walk right out and speak to him, hail him from a distance, hang back a distance while others deal with him, jump in the lake, give up and go back to the bar, or whatever...

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

To his team, Marcus says, Maybe I'm being paranoid, but this could be a trap. But for the sake of argument, I say we just go and confront him. He'll have to put his pole arm down. The best of us could sneak up and try to slip it from him, or we just blatantly approach. It'd be best to keep an eye out for us getting blocked in there.
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex will walk to between the two docks. able to watch the man alone, and the cabin the others went into.
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

Edgar says in response i'll sneak up and try to knock it in the water beside him, i think he will notice if i try to just take it.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

I think we should at least approach him openly, Cyrius suggests, otherwise we may have a fight rather than a discsussion, and it could bring his friends in.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola tries to look very girly, "Or, I could walk up and see if he is willing to talk. Maybe convince him to walk back this way where y'all are waiting"
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius blinks in surprise at Lola's suggestion. That... could work, he muses, adjusting his preconceptions about Amazons. THINKING: It seems they don't approach every problem with a bared blade and an aggressive attitude, he observes.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Pondering for a moment, Marcus agrees. He is pretty drunk. It could work. Perhaps Edgar should try sneaking up so that if something goes wrong, one of us could be closer for support?
Image Image
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

I like that plan he says and starts his way up the dock.

1d20+13=32
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

OUT OF CHARACTER
You are all beginning to understand a bit more why this amazon was asked to leave her beloved homeland.

"Well, if you think this is a good plan, here goes nothing."

Giving her crossbow to someone to hold, then when the rest of the party is in their places, Lola will try to hide her sword a little, adjust once again, and then slowly walk up the pier, trying to muster up some confidence. Once she gets to the end of the pier, making sure he sees her, and not the rest of the party, Lola will say:

"Excuse me kind sir, but I am lost. Can you help me?"
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

A single torch lights the end of the unused dock, apparently so the few boats that actually travel Wooling Lake don't crash into it. The goon reaches the torch and sits down, legs dangling over the edge. With his back turned and busy swigging from his bottle, he doesn't notice Lola approach until she is right next to him. He startles a bit when she asks, Excuse me kind sir, but I am lost. Can you help me? Regaining his composure, he looks her up and down, leering at the assets emphasized by her chainmail bikini. He stutters a bit, trying to think of something suave to say, and eventually settles on: Yoush ain't lost, shister. Aphro... Aphrad... the goddesh of love shent you here to me. Have a drink? He holds out the bottle to her.

Meanwhile, Edgar manages to slink in the shadowy light to within 30 feet of the end of the dock. Any closer risks being spotted in the full torchlight. The rest of the party remains in the darkness at least 60 feet away, although they can see and hear what's going on.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will be sure not to be close enough to be grabbed by the guy. "why don't we move back to the grass area and (with a wink) talk a bit" She said this loud enough that the others in the group will hear what her plan is, but not so loud the town will hear.
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

Edgar will be ready with his hand on his sword incase things take a turn for the worse.
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex backs off to between the two little buildings, watching the events unfold. Trying to keep hidden in the shadows.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will remain standing quietly where he is, holding Lola's crossbow (somebody has tro have it.)
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus holds his position opposite with Cyrius, Heavy mace in hands.
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Lola's effort at convincing the drunken goon to do what she wants is not successful . Naw, he say, S'hers too many people back in town. Sh'nisher here by th' nishe lake. He leans in a drunken manner in Lola's direction and reaches out at her, but eventually realizes she's out of his reach and he'd have to get up to grab her. He sighs and pats the dock next to him in a feeble effort to get her to sit down next to him.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola looks at him, as she turns and tries to be as enticing as she can be she says "Your loss" and she starts to slowly walk down the dock back towards the town.

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”