Return to the Whispering Cairn

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Marcus will target the air armor with his wand.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 am

Round 5 Continues

Sucking it up, Cyrius ignores his wounds and moves toward the remaining wind warrior. He stops there and waits for now...

Lola moves up next to Cyrius, preparing to do some healing next round.

Tex, grumbles to himself as he takes another step back. [talk]Seems I need to ge' mah bow tuned,[/talk] he comments as his arrow sails past the creature.

With Tex out of the way, Cyrius throws his mind blade at the creature. And misses.

Marcus targets the air armor with his wand. The creature ignores the effect.

Round 6 Begins

W1 turns its attention away from Tex and flies toward Cyrius. It takes a swing at him with its new longsword, but Cyrius ducks the blow.

[ae]INITIATIVE ORDER
Round 6 Continues
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade - 21 hp damage
Lola - 7 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender - 11 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth
Round 7 Begins
Wind Warrior 1 - 11 hp damage, only one sword
[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Tex knocks another arrow, tries again, and gets closer. Atk W1 w/ PBS and DA (1d20+6+1-1=17, 1d8+2+1+2=11)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Milton will stow the wand with it's remaining charge(s) and draw his crossbow.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by CGM3 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:22 pm

All things considered, Cyrius chooses to go to full defense (no attack, but his AC is now 23). Athena willing, this will give his companions the opportunity to deal damage to the guardian while it's occupied with him.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by kabkal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 am

[ooc]Since the thing moved into Lola's space does she get an AoO? Once I know this I will respond with my attack for this round.[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:23 pm

kabkal wrote:Since the thing moved into Lola's space does she get an AoO? Once I know this I will respond with my attack for this round.
[ooc]The creature did not move "into Lola's space." It moved from 1007 to 1009. At the time, Lola was positioned in 0910. Unless Lola was using a reach weapon (which she is not), the creature did not move OUT OF a square threatened by Lola or take any other action that would provoke an AoO.[/ooc]
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by kabkal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 am

[ooc]Thank you for clearing up the AoO[/ooc]

Instead of using her mass healing, Lola will 5'step back out of reach of the thing and cast a CMW (giving up a Restoration lesser spell) on Cyrius.

[ooc]Healing on Cyrius (2d8+3=18)[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:32 am

Round 6 Continues

All things considered, Cyrius chooses to go to full defense. Athena willing, this will give his companions the opportunity to deal damage to the guardian while it's occupied with him.

Lola steps back out of reach of the thing and casts a healing spell on Cyrius [healed 18 hp].

Tex knocks another arrow, tries again, and gets closer, but not close enough.

Milton stows the wand with its remaining charges and draws his crossbow.

Round 7 Begins

W1 takes this opportunity to summon another longsword. Once again armed with two weapons it floats in between Cyrius and Lola (5' step).

[ae]INITIATIVE ORDER
Round 7 Continues
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade - 3 hp damage
Lola - 7 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender - 11 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth
Round 8 Begins
Wind Warrior 1 - 11 hp damage
[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 am

[talk]I'm just wasting arrows over here.[/talk] Atk W1 w/ PBS and DA (1d20+6+1-1=16, 1d8+2+1+2=11)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by CGM3 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Cyrius imbues his mind blade with psychic energy (a move action) and swings at the Wind Guardian.

Cyrius slashes at the remaining Wind Guardian: 1d20 + 6 = 10 + 6 = 16, if that hits it inflicts 1d8 + 2 + 1d8 = 3 + 2 + 6 = 11 points of damage
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by kabkal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 pm

[ooc]Waiting on Marcus/duniagdra[/ooc]
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 am

Marcus will attempt to shoot at the air armor with his crossbow.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 am

Round 7 Continues

Cyrius imbues his mind blade with psychic energy and swings at the Wind Guardian. And misses.

Lola stabs the Wind Warrior with her short sword in what would be a vital spot. If the creature had organs and such. Which it doesn't. [It's immune to critical hits, so only 3 hp damage]

[talk]I'm just wasting arrows over here,[/talk] Tex comments as he sails another arrow past the Wind Warrior.

Marcus, rather miraculously, sinks a crossbow bolt into the Wind Warrior [8 hp damage].

Round 8 Begins

Now with two swords, W1 attacks both Cyrius and Lola simultaneously. It hits Cyrius [5 hp damage], but misses Lola.

[ae]INITIATIVE ORDER
Round 8 Continues
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade - 8 hp damage
Lola - 7 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender - 11 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth
Round 9 Begins
Wind Warrior 1 - 22 hp damage
[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Atk W1 w/ PBS and DA (1d20+6+1-1=19, 1d8+2+1+2=6) Tex dances a short little jig when the arrow finds its mark.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by kabkal » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Lola attacks.

[ooc]attack on W1 (1d20+3=13, 1d6+1=2)[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by CGM3 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:52 pm

[talk]Athena's wisdom![/talk] Cyrius shouts as he takes another swing at the remaining wind guardian.

Cyrius attacks the Wind Guardian: 1d20 + 6 = 12 + 6 = 18, damage is 1d8 + 2 + 1d8 = 8 + 2 + 3 = 13
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:08 am

Marcus will take another shot at the armor.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:17 am

Round 8 Continues

[talk]Athena's wisdom![/talk] Cyrius shouts as he takes another swing at the remaining wind guardian. Athena, apparently, isn't listening, as Cyrius misses.

Lola stabs at the Wind Warrior unsuccessfully.

Tex dances a short little jig when one of his arrows finally finds its mark.

Marcus has no such luck with his crossbow.

Round 9 Begins

Again, W1 attacks both Cyrius and Lola simultaneously. It slashes both of them badly [10 hp Cyrius, 11 hp Lola]

[ae]INITIATIVE ORDER
Round 9 Continues
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade - 18 hp damage
Lola - 18 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender - 11 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth
Round 10 Begins
Wind Warrior 1 - 28 hp damage
[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by CGM3 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Cyrius repeats his attack... with the same result. :wtf:

Cyrius takes another ineffective swing at the remaining Wind Guardian: 1d20+6 = 12+6 = 18, which misses
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by kabkal » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 am

Lola will once again attack the thing, hoping it will go down before it strikes again. And misses miserably.

[ooc]Short Sword +1 (1d20+3=4, 1d6+1=5)

Is a 5' step allowed after an attack? If so, she will do so with that bad of a miss. (if she can that is)[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:50 am

kabkal wrote:Is a 5' step allowed after an attack? If so, she will do so with that bad of a miss. (if she can that is)
[ooc]Yes. Just let me know what square you're stepping to.[/ooc]
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by kabkal » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:41 am

Lola will 5' step to 0912.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Marcus will try again with his crossbow into melee.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 am

Round 9 Continues

Cyrius repeats his attack... with the same result: another ineffective swing.

Lola once again attacks the thing, hoping it will go down before it strikes again. And misses miserably. So she steps away from the creature.

[talk]HAHA! Now I gotcha![/talk] Tex laughs as he sinks an arrow into the Wind Warrior. The thing wobbles a little in midair.

Marcus sails a crossbow bolt past it.

Round 10 Begins

W1 swings at Cyrius and connects [4 hp damage]. Then, just as it winds back for a second strike, it shudders and collapses to the floor in a bunch of little bits of armor. The bits quickly evaporate into wisps of air. [Tex put it at 0, so its own attack finished it.]

The room is quiet again, except for the whooshing of air in the pillar up into the big hole in the ceiling.

[ae]COMBAT OVER
Cyrius of the Sudden Blade - 22 hp damage
Lola - 18 hp damage
Texudus TreeBender - 11 hp damage
Marcus Tilsworth[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:55 pm

[ooc]Waiting on the party...[/ooc]
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by CGM3 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Cyrius sits down and asks Lola for some healing, please. He suggests the wind guardians may have been, well, guarding something, so a closer scrutiny of the chamber is indicated.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Return to the Whispering Cairn

Post by kabkal » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Lola will gather the troops and channel healing to them all (30'radius) 15 total points.

[ooc]First Channeling: 8 points Channel Healing (2d6=8)
Second Channeling: 7 points Second Channeling (2d6=7)
Does that heal Lola as well?[/ooc]

After the healing she will go back to looking at the pillar of air as she was going when the air guardians came up.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder}”