Beneath Dourstone Mine

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: [Active Thread] Beneath Dourstone Mine

Post by kabkal »

Lola will move up to 1117 with sword drawn and wait to see what is happening.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

While unconscious, Filge dreams of the figure that had been waiting for him beyond the doorway ... someone he knew? Someone that he will know? Someone that he had wronged?
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will move to 1916 and look both ways, then, assuming there's nothing to his left that requires attention, step to 1917 and examine Filge. (Presumably, he heard Theldrick around the corner.)
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will cast burning hands targeting Theldrick.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex grabs the arrows from T2 and T3 as well, sliding them into his quiver. (2 move actions)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost, staying flat against the wall, will hold his position trying to stay hidden, putting his finger over his lips while looking at Marcus, but will "Ready an attack action" for any foe that comes into striking distance (ranged or melee attack).
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Sorry everybody. Work and personal crap have prevented me from updating. I have not quit on you and will update in the next couple of days.[/ooc]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 26

Prost, staying flat against the wall, holds his position, trying to stay hidden, and puts his finger over his lips while looking at Marcus. He readies to surprise any foe that comes into striking distance.

Filge remains unconscious.

Marcus again aims a fan of lightning at Theldrick. Theldrick seems to dodge a bit of it, but still gets shocked [6 hp damage].

Cyrius moves into the hall and looks both ways. Finding nothing to his left that requires attention, he steps up to examine Filge. He finds the necromancer unconscious, but stable. He also hears the fight with Theldrick just down the hall...

Lola moves up with sword drawn and waits to see what is happening.

Tex grabs the arrows from T2 and T3 as well, sliding them into his quiver [Tex now has 15 arrows].

T1 keeps bleeding.

Theldrick's spiritual battleaxe whacks Marcus on the head again [4 hp damage makes Marcus disabled]. Then Theldrick calls out Inanna, bitch goddess, slay these interlopers for your devoted servant! He channels negative energy [Marcus, Prost, and Lola take 5 hp damage, need a DC15 will save or 6 hp more]. As Marcus falls to the ground, Theldrick sneers and retreats down the hall, calling to Lola Come, face me like a warrior-woman! If you dare!
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Note: the ramp created by the fallen statue (grey squares) counts as difficult terrain

Round 27
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 51.2 min left, darkvision 169.8 min left, blur 0.9 min left, 18 hp damage, needs a DC15 will save or 6 hp more
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 230.9 min left, antitoxin 50.8 min left, shield 2.4 min left, 27 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding, needs a DC15 will save or 6 hp more, then a CON roll to stabilize
[*]Filge: mage armor 230.8 min left, 44 hp damage, unconscious, but stable
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 0.6 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 0.7 min left, 8 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 7 hp damage, needs a DC15 will save or 6 hp more
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, 15 arrows left, 23 hp damage
[*]Garras (G): DEAD
[*]Kendra (K): 3 hp damage, possibly gone?
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 22 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): DEAD
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 15 hp damage, unconscious, but stable
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): DEAD
[*]Theldrick (Th): 54 hp damage (1 nonlethal), spiritual weapon ? rounds left[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 32.6 min left
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge continues to dream. Or, possibly, hallucinate.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Will Save[dice]0[/dice]Stabilize[dice]1[/dice]
Image Image
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost will save: [dice]0[/dice]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost hoping catch Theldrick unaware moves to 1318 lets a bullet fly at him.

Steath check: [dice]0[/dice]
Sling staff attack: [dice]1[/dice]
Sling staff damage: [dice]2[/dice]

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will charge up to Theldrick and try to hit him.

[dice]0[/dice] with charge

[dice]1[/dice] damage if hit
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex turns around to head down the statue in time to see Marcus fall. He turns back around and quickly searches the two bodies for any kind of healing.

Perception
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius steps around the corner and with a lusty cry of, [yell]Let Athena judge us![/yell], takes a swing at Theldrick. (Depending on the timing, either he or Lola will get a +2 to hit for flanking, unless he has Improved Uncanny Dodge).

To Hit: 1d20+8-3 (not counting the flanking bonus)
[dice]0[/dice]
Damage: 1d8+3 (he hasn't re-charged the psychic strike yet)
[dice]1[/dice]

Ooh, possible critical! :lol: Try to confirm:
To Hit:
[dice]2[/dice]
Damage:
[dice]3[/dice]
Guess not... :(
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 27

Prost, hoping catch Theldrick unaware, steps around the corner and lets a bullet fly at him. Theldrick is not surprised [Theldrick's perception beat Prost's stealth check], but Prost still manages to hit him. The sling bullet, however, bounces off harmlessly [OOC: Theldrick has a protection from arrows spell still up].

Filge continues to dream. Or, possibly, hallucinate.

Marcus, having been badly damaged by the negative energy, bleeds [Marcus is at -12 with a CON of 13].

Cyrius steps around the corner and with a lusty cry of, Let Athena judge us!, takes a swing at Theldrick, delivering a not insignificant wound.

Lola manages to shake off the negative energy [rolled your will save for you] and charges up to Theldrick and tries to hit him. Unfortunately, even with the flanking provided by Cyrius, she misses. Theldrick laughs as he disappears into thin air and reappears behind Lola, out of the flanked position [An OOC FYI: this is an immediate action, courtesy of the deception subdomain]

Tex turns around to head down the statue in time to see Marcus fall. He turns back around and quickly searches the two bodies for any kind of healing. Unfortunately, their possessions appear to include only armor and weapons.

T1 continues to bleed.

Theldrick redirects his spiritual weapon to Prost. It swings, misses and disappears. With a sneering glare at Cyrius, Theldrick says Innana denies the judgement of your foreign bitch-goddess! He channels negative energy one last time and the burst catches everyone in the hallway [Everyone but Tex takes 3 hp damage and needs a DC15 will save or takes 4 more].
OUT OF CHARACTER
Divine intervention roll for Marcus: [dice=totalonly]0[/dice] Rather amazingly, that is the roll Marcus needed (I gave him a 10% chance, with high being good). The watchful eye of Odin is upon him: although he is at -15 (or possibly -19), he is not dead. Instead, he's unconscious and stable.

Note regarding Filge: Although he worships no deity, some of Marcus' luck must have spilled over. For the moment, he remains unconscious and stable, in spite of the additional damage. However, if he fails the will save, he will be dead at -15. So big roll coming up for him...

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Note: the ramp created by the fallen statue (grey squares) counts as difficult terrain

Round 28
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 51.1 min left, darkvision 169.7 min left, blur 0.8 min left, 21 hp damage, needs a DC15 will save or 4 hp more
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 230.9 min left, antitoxin 50.8 min left, shield 2.4 min left, 37 hp damage, needs a DC15 will save or 4 hp more
[*]Filge: mage armor 230.7 min left, 47 hp damage, unconscious, stable, needs a DC15 will save or 4 hp more
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 0.5 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 0.6 min left, 11 hp damage, needs a DC15 will save or 4 hp more
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 10 hp damage, needs a DC15 will save or 4 hp more
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, 15 arrows left, 23 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 23 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding
[*]Theldrick (Th): 59 hp damage (1 nonlethal)[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 32.5 min left
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex moves as far as he can toward the hallway. (though, with his stumpy legs, that may only be to the bottom of the statue).
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost will save: [dice]0[/dice]

Prost seeing Marcus fall takes a 5 foot step to move to his side to give first aid and if time permits search Marcus for any healing potions he might be carring to give him.

Healing check: [dice]1[/dice]
Search for healing potions: [dice]2[/dice]

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filges distantly feels another insult to his body while the shadow in the doorway reappears. The shadow moves closer, stooping to where Filge is huddled on the floor. The last thing that Filge feels is the feel of a pair of arms lifting him up and bearing him away.

[ooc]Will Save
[dice]0[/dice]

Filge failed his Will save and has perished.[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius' Will save: 1d20+5
[dice]0[/dice]

Resisting the full effect of Theldrick's assault, Cyrius charges his mind blade with psychic energy and takes a 5-foot step to 1718, ready to swing at the foe if an opportunity presents itself.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus wonders why lola does not channel her healing power, thinking she's may be out of it. It was a short life, but he's surprised at how little that concerns him now.
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Lola.

As a side note, in case it wasn't clear: Marcus is not dead. He's unconscious and stable, thanks to divine intervention. Filge, however, is dead.[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will once again seeing at the guy in front of her.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit
[dice]1[/dice] if hit

[dice]2[/dice] will save, do not have sheet here so not sure of bonus.

[ooc]the reason lola did not use energy was there was always a living enemy in the line of fire and did not want to heal them as well.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 28

Prost steps over and searches Marcus for any healing potions he might be carrying. Prost finds only some alchemist's fire and some antitoxin.

Filge distantly feels another insult to his body while the shadow in the doorway reappears. The shadow moves closer, stooping to where Filge is huddled on the floor. The last thing that Filge feels is the feel of a pair of arms lifting him up and bearing him away [Filge is dead].

Marcus, quite miraculously, remains alive and stable, albeit unconscious.

Resisting the full effect of Theldrick's assault, Cyrius charges his mind blade with psychic energy and steps up behind Lola, ready to swing at the foe if an opportunity presents itself.

Lola once again swings at the guy in front of her. Just barely, Lola's attack penetrates Theldrick's armor. [I have Lola's attack bonus with her short sword as +4, not +6, but a natural 20 still hits. I rolled the crit threat for you, but it did not confirm.]

Tex moves as far as he can toward the hallway, reaching the bottom of the statue.

T1 continues to bleed.

Theldrick is very badly wounded, but does not yet fall. His counterstrike wounds Lola quite badly [11 hp damage].
OUT OF CHARACTER
Theldrick's AC, attack, and damage are all very high right now, thanks to all his buffs. But he only has 2 hit points left! One good hit's going to finish this combat. Let's see if you can do it without any more fatalities!

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Round 29
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 51.0 min left, darkvision 169.6 min left, blur 0.7 min left, 25 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 230.8 min left, antitoxin 50.7 min left, shield 2.3 min left, 37 hp damage, unconscious and stable
[*]Filge: DEAD
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 0.4 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 0.5 min left, 11 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 25 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 24 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding
[*]Theldrick (Th): 63 hp damage (1 nonlethal)[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 32.4 min left
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]Hoping for some GM Handwaving in regards to Tex noticing what Prost finds...[/ooc]

[yell]Prost! Use that![/yell] Tex yells (free action, Immediate?) as he runs to the corner (double move), 1217. Tex is pointing at the Alchemist's Fire.

[ooc]To attack with a splash weapon, make a ranged touch attack against the target. Thrown splash weapons require no weapon proficiency, so you don't take the –4 nonproficiency penalty.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/c ... ash-Weapon[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:[ooc]Hoping for some GM Handwaving in regards to Tex noticing what Prost finds...[/ooc]
[ooc]I have absolutely no problem with Tex noticing and yelling advice as a free action[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost thinks about Tex's suggestion, but only for a moment. Realizing that Lola could sustain damage from a splash weapon and is not in the best of shape, Prost decides to assault Theldrick directly.

Moving quietly to 1418; Stealth check: [dice]0[/dice]

Attack with Rapier (flanking +2 included): [dice]1[/dice]
Damage with Rapier: [dice]2[/dice]
Sneak attack damage (flanking): [dice]3[/dice]

Sneak Attack: If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.
The rogue's attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

[ooc]EPIC FAIL :wtf:[/ooc]

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]Splash only causes a single point of damage.[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[ooc]Assuming all things are equal.......fate would of failed with the d20 roll on throw... went with math, better chance to hit with weapon than a thrown attack...who knew I would roll "1" :d20:[/ooc]

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Perceiving Lola's battered condition, Cyrius stands ready to step forward and swing at Theldrick if she elects to withdraw from combat (but will not suggest such an action; Amazons can be so touchy!)

Contingent Attack Roll: 1d20+8-3, Contingent Damage Roll: 1d8+2+1d8
To Hit: [dice]0[/dice]
Dahame: [dice]1[/dice]

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”