Beneath Dourstone Mine

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: [Active Thread] Beneath Dourstone Mine

Post by CGM3 »

Ignoring his newest wound, Cyrius clambers up the half-fallen idol to 1510 (equivalent to 55 ft, so it's a double move) with a cry of [yell]Athena shield us![/yell] while brandishing his mind blade.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

With his new battleaxe in one hand, and his trusty bow in the other, Tex stands up and moves to 1010.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost retrieves another potion of cure light wounds from his handy haversack and drinks it.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[yell]Move past me and I'll try to delay him![/yell], shouts Filge. The necromancer fires another Ray of Frost at Theldrick, then pulls a scroll from his pouch when his attack misses the enemy cleric. If Marcus moves past him, Filge will step forward to block Theldrick after casting his spell.
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will put out her pearl of power and recall summon monster I and taking cover behind the fallen statue will cast summon monster I and summon a celestial dog and have it appear up at 1612 as soon as she can.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Duniagdra wrote:Marcus will trade places with Filge by restrictively withdrawing down the hall. [talk]Thanks.[/talk]

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
Marcus would only go fifteen feet as allowed by restricted withdraw.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 20

Prost retrieves another potion of cure light wounds from his handy haversack and drinks it [healed 4 hp]

Move past me and I'll try to delay him! shouts Filge. He attempts to cast a spell, leaving himself open to attack from Theldrick [you did not say you were casting defensively or roll the concentration check, so I assumed you did not wish to cast defensively]. Fortunately, Theldrick is unable to connect, thanks to having to reach around the corner. Filge's ray, however, also misses [Note that, as a ranged attack, this would have provoked a second attack of opportunity, but Theldrick does not have Combat Reflexes]. Filge then waits to take Marcus' place.

Marcus withdraws from battle [Note that withdraw only prevents AoO's in the first square you leave. Marcus still would have been subject to an AoO while passing through 1818, but, again, Theldrick doesn't have Combat Reflexes. On the other hand, Marcus can move up to 30' (his speed) in a restricted withdraw, so let me know if you wanted to go farther than where I put you]. Filge steps up to block Theldrick from pursuing.

Ignoring his newest wound, Cyrius clambers up the half-fallen idol with a cry of Athena shield us! while brandishing his mind blade.

Lola uses her magic item to recall a spell and begins casting.

With his new battleaxe in one hand, and his trusty bow in the other, Tex stands up and moves to the base of the statue.

As Cyrius runs up the statue, Kendra casts a spell on him [Cause Fear: Cyrius needs a DC15 will save or he will be frightened for 1 round]

The tieflings drop their bows, draw their greataxes, and begin swinging at Cyrius. Fortunately, they all miss.

Theldrick shouts at Filge, Out of my way, necromancer! I will destroy your elementalist friend! His spiritual weapon fails to hit Filge, winking out of existence. Theldrick is more successful with his real battleaxe, though [8 hp damage]
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Note: the ramp created by the fallen statue (grey squares) counts as difficult terrain

Round 21
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 51.8 min left, darkvision 170.4 min left, blur 1.5 min left, 13 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 231.5 min left, antitoxin 51.4 min left, shield 3.0 min left, 22 hp damage, disabled
[*]Filge: false life (7 temp HP) 51.4 min left, mage armor 231.4 min left, 31 hp damage
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 1.2 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 1.3 min left, 24 hp damage, needs a DC15 will save or be frightened for 1 round
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 18 hp damage, casting Summon Monster I
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, no arrows left, 25 hp damage
[*]Garras (G): DEAD
[*]Kendra (K): 3 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 6 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): 7 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 7 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): DEAD
[*]Theldrick (Th): 41 hp damage (1 nonlethal)[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 33.2 min left
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

From the Base of the Statue, Tex double moves to 1509, maybe taking some focus off Cyrius. [talk]Damn Dirty Devils![/talk]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:From the Base of the Statue, Tex double moves to 1509, maybe taking some focus off Cyrius. [talk]Damn Dirty Devils![/talk]
[ooc]Sorry. I just realized I forgot to move Tex on the map. Updated above.[/ooc]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Will save: 1d20+5-3 (-1 from the bane, -2 from being shaken) vs DC15
[dice]0[/dice]

Failing to resist Kendra's spell, Cyrius scrambles back down the fallen statue to 1009.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost loads his sling staff (Move action) and moves to 1217.

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

Filge steadies himself before casting, hoping to avoid an attack from Theldrick. His Ray of Frost strikes the enemy cleric and causes a small amount of damage. Once that is done, Filge moves back close to Marcus (1718).

[ooc]Concentration Check (vs. DC 15)
[dice]0[/dice]
Ray of Frost Touch Attack
[dice]1[/dice]
Ray of Frost Damage
[dice]2[/dice][/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

[ooc]Can Marcus attempt a heal check, to try and mend some wounds?[/ooc]
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Duniagdra wrote:[ooc]Can Marcus attempt a heal check, to try and mend some wounds?[/ooc]
[ooc]The Treat Deadly Wounds use of the Heal skill might do that, but it requires 1 hour of time and (ideally) 2 uses of a healer's kit.[/ooc]
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

patransom wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:[ooc]Can Marcus attempt a heal check, to try and mend some wounds?[/ooc]
[ooc]The Treat Deadly Wounds use of the Heal skill might do that, but it requires 1 hour of time and (ideally) 2 uses of a healer's kit.[/ooc]
[ooc]I don't think I have either available to me. Maybe our esteemed enemies would take a two hour or so break as I go retrieve some health and come back to finish them off? Hm... Thought not.[/ooc] finding himself in a bit of a bind, Marcus opts to examine the situation out in the larger room with the statue. [talk]You think you two can handle him? I cannot endure another hit.[/talk]
But, then Marcus remembers.[ooc]I don't have my sheet or books, but Marcus can cast create pit once more, however the spell effect area is larger the the target are. Would it still work?[/ooc]
Image Image
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]It should, it creates a extra dimensional space. It would just create part of the pit under the wall. In fact, one might argue that it makes it harder to dodge since it limits the direction the target can evade?? :devil: Either way, it should work and his reflex probably isnt that high. (I love teh Create Pit line of spells)[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[ooc]Prost has already left the hall, if Prost can hear Marcus he would offer one of his last two heal light potions. Would this be allowed or is it ooc? :?:[/ooc]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]To answer the questions:

Create Pit reads "You must create the pit on a horizontal surface of sufficient size." So that won't work in the hall.

It wouldn't be ooc for Prost to offer Marcus a potion, as Marcus is obviously hurt. It would be a move action for Prost to retrieve the potion, though, so he'd have to change his action, dropping either the movement or the reload.[/ooc]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]D'OH! Foiled by rules! :blush:[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost will drop the move action and offer Marcus heal light wounds potion.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus accepts and drinks the potion.
Image Image
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Waiting on Lola[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

[ooc]Lola was casting a spell that took and full so I was not sure if I got another turn or not.[/ooc]
After casting her spell Lola is going to take cover for a round until her dog gets into battle and then will see what is going on to where she can best be used.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 21

Prost reloads his sling staff, then retrieves a potion and offers it to Marcus.

Filge steadies himself before casting, hoping to avoid an attack from Theldrick. Although he defends himself while completing the spell gestures, he cannot do so while pointing the ray at Theldrick [ranged touch spells provoke an AoO, regardless of casting defensively]. Theldrick hacks Filge with his battleaxe, but doesn't quite manage to cut him down [11 hp damage; leaving Filge at 1 hp]. Filge's ray strikes Theldrick for a little damage.

Marcus accepts the potion from Prost and drinks it [healed 7 hp], then retreats toward the other room.

Failing to resist Kendra's spell, Cyrius scrambles back down the fallen statue in terror, withdrawing as far as he can [moved you as far from Kendra as possible, given your speed].

As Lola completes her spell, a golden dog appears next to one of the tieflings. Lola herself takes cover behind the base of the statue [the base of the statue provides cover without any additional action, so I'm going to call this using the total defense action].

The dog attempts to bite the tiefling next to it, but misses.

Tex scrambles up the statue, hoping to take some focus off Cyrius by yelling, Damn Dirty Devils!

Kendra calls out, They're summoning monsters now, Theldrick. We need your help. Then she casts a spell and disappears into thin air.
Spellcraft DC17Show
She cast invisibility
Two of the tieflings advance down the fallen statue to assault Tex. He dodges both attacks easily.

The third tiefling defends herself against the dog, giving the creature a mighty whack [10 hp damage].

Theldrick grunts as he gives Filge a solid slash from his battleaxe [7 hp damage puts Filge at -6, unconscious and bleeding]. Theldrick then calls back to Kendra, I'll be there soon. One wizard down, one to go. He moves down the corridor and is disappointed to find Prost blocking the way. Out of the way, half-man, he growls at Prost, I'm going to kill your other mage friend, too.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Note: the ramp created by the fallen statue (grey squares) counts as difficult terrain

Round 22
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 51.7 min left, darkvision 170.3 min left, blur 1.4 min left, 13 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 231.4 min left, antitoxin 51.3 min left, shield 2.9 min left, 15 hp damage
[*]Filge: mage armor 231.3 min left, 42 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding, needs a DC10 CON check at -6 to stabilize
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 1.1 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 1.2 min left, 24 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 18 hp damage
[*]Celestial Riding Dog (D): 10 hp damage, 3 rounds left
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, no arrows left, 25 hp damage
[*]Garras (G): DEAD
[*]Kendra (K): 3 hp damage, possibly gone?
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 6 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): 7 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 7 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): DEAD
[*]Theldrick (Th): 43 hp damage (1 nonlethal)[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 33.1 min left
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[talk]Well that's just great...[/talk] Tex utters as he swings the axe into T2

Atk [dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dmg [dice=totalonly]1[/dice]

SpellCraft [dice=totalonly]2[/dice]

[ooc]nevermind, missread. Nothing to see here[/ooc]
Last edited by tdsprouse on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Marcus will fire an electrified ray at T2.
Image Image
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius gathers his courage and scrambles back up the fallen statue to 1410 (a double move, so he gets no attack).
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost quick draws his rapier, and lunging (attack) at Theldrick with his rapier, then tumbles away from Theldrick moving to 1219.

Rapier attack: [dice]0[/dice]
Rapier damage: [dice]1[/dice]

Acrobatics check: [dice]2[/dice]

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Note that I have retconned the validation above a bit, since I made a mistake with Filge's hit points (forgot his false life spell all this time). The net result is that Filge is still at -6 unconscious and bleeding. Theldrick took 2 hp of damage, though, and Prost was not attacked, so he has 7 more hp. So, this shouldn't affect anyone's actions.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

smeltdm wrote:Prost quick draws his rapier, and lunging (attack) at Theldrick with his rapier, then tumbles away from Theldrick moving to 1219.

Rapier attack: [dice]83986:0[/dice]
Rapier damage: [dice]83986:1[/dice]

Acrobatics check: [dice]83986:2[/dice]
[ooc]Tumbling normally requires that you move at half speed. You can move at full speed if you increase the DC by 10. So, if Prost wants to go to 1219, he'll have to beat Theldrick's CMD by 10. If he just wants to go to 1218, though, he only has to beat Theldrick's CMD... Let me know if you want to change to 1218.[/ooc]

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”