Beneath Dourstone Mine

A game that seems to change settings every couple of years; currently following the Age of Worms Adventure Path.

Moderator: patransom

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: [Active Thread] Beneath Dourstone Mine

Post by kabkal »

Lola will once again swing with all her might.

[dice]0[/dice] to hit

[dice]1[/dice] if hits

[ooc]Either I copied the to hit from a previous post, or I still had my charge on from earlier to show the +6 - sorry about that.[/ooc]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

OUT OF CHARACTER
+2 to attack roll :d20:

Image Evan Prost: Halfling Rogue

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Round 29

Prost! Use that! Tex yells. Prost thinks about Tex's suggestion, but only for a moment. Realizing that Lola could sustain damage from a splash weapon and is not in the best of shape, Prost decides to assault Theldrick directly. He moves quietly up behind Theldrick, but misses. Once again, Theldrick sneers as he disappears and reappears behind Prost [that domain power is annoying, isn't it?].

Perceiving Lola's battered condition, Cyrius stands ready to step forward and swing at Theldrick if she elects to withdraw from combat (but will not suggest such an action; Amazons can be so touchy!)

With Theldrick now out of reach, Lola finds her efforts to swing at him frustrated [You can take an extra full action at the start of next round, since your action for this round was no longer possible].

Tex runs to the corner.

T1 continues to bleed.

Theldrick continues his unlikely last stand, pounding Prost with his battleaxe [6 hp damage]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Theldrick's AC, attack, and damage are all very high right now, thanks to all his buffs. But he only has 2 hit points left! One good hit's going to finish this combat. Let's see if you can do it without any more fatalities!

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Note: the ramp created by the fallen statue (grey squares) counts as difficult terrain

Round 30
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 50.9 min left, darkvision 167.5 min left, blur 0.6 min left, 31 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 230.7 min left, antitoxin 50.6 min left, shield 2.2 min left, 37 hp damage, unconscious and stable
[*]Filge: DEAD
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 0.3 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 0.4 min left, 11 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 25 hp damage
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, 15 arrows left, 23 hp damage
[*]Garras (G): DEAD
[*]Kendra (K): 3 hp damage, possibly gone?
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 25 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): DEAD
[*]Tiefling 3 (T3): 15 hp damage, unconscious, but stable
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): DEAD
[*]Theldrick (Th): 63 hp damage (1 nonlethal)[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 32.3 min left
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[yell]For the love of all things Prost, burn him![/yell] Tex yells as he move in to flank.

Swinging his new battleaxe, he aims between the shoulder blades.

Atk, w/ Flank
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dmg
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost calmly comments... [talk]Tex, I never picked it up. It’s right next to you...[/talk] Setting on the middle of Marcus's chest is the alchemist's fire and some antitoxin. At, that moment Prost attacks Theldrick.

Rapier attack: [dice]0[/dice]
Rapier damage: [dice]1[/dice]
Sneak attack damage: [dice]2[/dice]

After attacking Prost tumbles to 1518 and yells out... [yell]Cyrius, go get him![/yell]
Acrobatics check: [dice]3[/dice]

To confirm crit: [dice]4[/dice]
If crit hits: [dice]5[/dice] [dice]6[/dice]

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

If tex can reach it, he'll use a move action to pick it up, and his standard action above to smash on Thedrick (melee touch ac?)
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Heeding the halfling's words, Cyrius moves past his companions to 1418 and slashes at Theldrick with his mind blade.

Attack Roll: 1d20+8-3, Damage Roll: 1d8+2+1d8
To Hit:
[dice]0[/dice]
Damage:
[dice]1[/dice]
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

tdsprouse wrote:If tex can reach it, he'll use a move action to pick it up, and his standard action above to smash on Thedrick (melee touch ac?)
[ooc]If you attempt to smash the alchemist's fire on Theldrick, it will still count as a ranged attack and provoke an AoO. However, if you 5-foot step to 1117 instead of 1218, you can pick it up and throw it without an AoO. Either way, it goes against his touch AC.

But, mainly I'm waiting for Lola, since she has an action left from last round that will be the first thing to happen this round, which could change everything.[/ooc]
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex will back up and throw it.

[ooc]Since elemental damage is not hindered by DR (Protection from Arrows), it should work.[/ooc]
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

As Lola turns to see where the bad guy went, she sees Marcus down. She will wait for the bad guy to go down and then go and zap Marcus with positive energy.

[dice]0[/dice] Healing to all within 30' including self.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
So tantalizingly close - yet so far - from finishing what might be the longest fight in PbP history

Round 30

Lola delays...

Prost calmly comments, as he nods toward the alchemist's fire sitting on the middle of Marcus' chest, Tex, I never picked it up. It’s right next to you... Then, he attacks Theldrick, hitting just hard enough to make Theldrick wobble a bit [Critical not confirmed and sneak attack does not apply - you are not flanking or hidden - so 2 hp damage; this brings Theldrick to 0 hp, but 1 hp of damage is nonlethal, so he is not yet disabled]. After attacking Prost steps away from Theldrick and yells out, Cyrius, go get him! [Tumble is not required, since you can 5-foot step to where you want to go].

Heeding the halfling's words, Cyrius moves past his companions and slashes at Theldrick with his mind blade, but misses.

Tex steps up next to Marcus, grabs the alchemist's fire, and flings it at Theldrick. The vial makes a direct hit, burning Theldrick [5 hp damage], and splashing Cyrius [1 hp damage]. Theldrick, at last, collapses to the floor.

Lola, however, seeing him fall, zaps everyone with positive energy [5 hp healing to everyone including Theldrick - and the healing also cures his nonlethal damage, so he's BAAAACK].

T1 continues to bleed.

Theldrick attempts to stand up, giving Cyrius a slash at him that, unfortunately, glances off his armor [AoO missed in spite of the AC penalty for being prone]. He then picks up his battleaxe, but Cyrius cannot take advantage of the opening [Cyrius does not have Combat Reflexes, unfortunately]. He shouts, See how Inanna favors me! All of you together cannot defeat her champion!
OUT OF CHARACTER
After all that, Theldrick ends up with 1 hp left. I guess there will be another round...

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Note: the ramp created by the fallen statue (grey squares) counts as difficult terrain

Round 31
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 50.8 min left, darkvision 167.4 min left, blur 0.5 min left, 26 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 230.6 min left, antitoxin 50.5 min left, shield 2.1 min left, 32 hp damage, unconscious and stable
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 0.2 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 0.3 min left, 7 hp damage
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, 15 arrows left, 18 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 20 hp damage
[*]Garras (G): DEAD
[*]Kendra (K): 3 hp damage, possibly gone?
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 26 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding
[*]Tiefling 2 (T2): DEAD
[*]Tiefling 4 (T4): DEAD
[*]Theldrick (Th): 64 hp damage[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 32.2 min left
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]OMG!! Grumble grumble!

Does unconsciousness end buffs? Tex might consider readying an action to distrupt Thedrick, but he's too angry.[/ooc]

Tex gets deep scowl on his face, [yell]Arrrgh...[/yell] he yells as he closes the gap to Thedrick and attempts to drive his axe into his torso. (going to 1218)

Atk w/ flank
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Dmg
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

[ooc]Does a character rising from a prone position get the prone position modifiers? He is, after all, in a state of transition. :blush:[/ooc]

[talk]You have become tiresome,[/talk] Cyrius informs Theldrick as he slashes once more at his foe.

Attack Roll: 1d20+8-3+2, Damage Roll: 1d8+2+1d8
To Hit:
[dice]0[/dice]
Damage:
[dice]1[/dice]
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

[ooc]Yes, when the AoO occurs, the stander upper is still considered prone. Which is why the 'trip then re-tripp when they try to stand' trick does not work anymore. Because they are still considered prone, they cannot be tripped on the AoO.[/ooc]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[talk]What the #@&$ just happen? He was down, we had him…[/talk] Confused and seeing no opportunity to strike at Theldrick, Prost loads his sling staff and takes a defensive stance.

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola is really not happy that her plan to NOT heal the dead bad guy failed. Waits again as there is nothing she can do. [talk]Once he is down I am taking his head![/talk]
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Did the positive energy surge bring Marcus back? He was within 25'.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

OUT OF CHARACTER
No, being unconscious does not end buffs, unless the spell requires concentration or something. Regarding the prone penalties, tdsprouse's answer above is exactly correct. Cyrius still couldn't hit Theldrick. The healing gave Marcus 5 hp back, which is not enough to make him conscious again. He's at -10.

None of this is crucially important, however, as you shall see below...

Round 31

What the #@&$ just happen? He was down, we had him… Confused and seeing no opportunity to strike at Theldrick, Prost loads his sling staff and takes a defensive stance.

You have become tiresome, Cyrius informs Theldrick as he slashes once more at his foe. And misses.

Tex gets deep scowl on his face, Arrrgh... he yells as he closes the gap to Thedrick and attempts to drive his axe into his torso. And also misses. This allows Theldrick to use his domain ability to get out of the flanked position. He disappears and reappears behind Tex in the larger hallway. He is about to say something smug when the lingering flames from the alchemist's fire take effect [2 hp damage] and he collapses to the ground.

With the combat now over, Lola comments, Now that he is down I am taking his head!

T1 continues to bleed. But Theldrick, rather annoyingly, stabilizes.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list=1][*]Evan Prost: antitoxin 50.7 min left, darkvision 167.3 min left, blur 0.4 min left, 26 hp damage
[*]Marcus Tilsworth: mace dropped at 1218, mage armor 230.5 min left, antitoxin 50.4 min left, shield 2.0 min left, 32 hp damage, unconscious and stable
[*]Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left, Bane (-1 attack, -1 saves vs fear) 0.1 min left, shaken (-2 on most checks) 0.2 min left, 7 hp damage
[*]Texudus TreeBender: flail dropped at 1118, holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, 15 arrows left, 18 hp damage
[*]Lola: crossbow dropped at 1618, 20 hp damage
[*]Tiefling 1 (T1): 27 hp damage, unconscious and bleeding
[*]Theldrick (Th): 66 hp damage, unconscious, but stable[/list]

Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 32.1 min left
OUT OF CHARACTER
Go ahead and do whatever you need to/can to heal yourselves and deal with the unconscious enemies as you see fit. I will tell you that there are no more threats in this section of dungeon, so I will run you through a meta-exploration of the rooms you haven't seen yet. Then you can rest safely... assuming that's what you want to do.

tdsprouse
EARL
EARL

Post by tdsprouse »

Tex Steps out of the amazon's way with a sweep of his arm. [talk]Please, he is head awaits. Also, there is a tiefling up there that isnt quite dead yet.[/talk]

Tex looks to Marcus to verify that he is stable, then looks for a few more arrows to fill his quiver.

Afterwards he helps the other search the remaining areas.
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[ooc]Go ahead and do whatever you need to/can to heal yourselves and deal with the unconscious enemies as you see fit. I will tell you that there are no more threats in this section of dungeon, so I will run you through a meta-exploration of the rooms you haven't seen yet. Then you can rest safely... assuming that's what you want to do.[/ooc][/quote]

[talk]I think we all need a bit of healing. Perhaps there are some healing potions among the spoils. We should thoroughly search all the dead for anything salvageable. And let’s make sure the dead, stay dead.[/talk] Prost goes about the grisly task of delivering a coup de grace to all prone opponents for good measure.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm all for the “...through a meta-exploration of the rooms you haven't seen yet. What's a "meta-exploration"? Kind of sounds dangerous :hmm:

JPetherick
Jpetherick
Jpetherick

Post by JPetherick »

[ooc]Please don't forget Filge's corpse ... and items[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius will post himself at 1917, keeping an eye on the door at 1913 as well as the stairs letting out 1916, while waiting for Theldrick's spells to wear off (and, if possible, a little healing, though it's not a major concern; by my calculation, he's only down 3 hp - 7 damage at the start of the last turn, +1 for the acid splash, then 5 restored from Lola's healing surge.)
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

[talk]Theldrick should not be any concern since Lola has taken his head........kind of gruesome.[/talk] After Prost insures that T1 & T3 are dispatched, Prost thoroughly searches the arena, the gantry surrounding it, the throne & door next to it.

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will line everyone up in a line with Marcus at the end (all within 30'), making sure there are no bad guys in line of fire she zaps her last energy blast. Once Marcus can take a drink she will pour one of her healing potions down his throat.
She then commands the pearl of power to recover a 1st level healing spell and cast that on Marcus as well.

[talk]"I have 2 more potions and that is it. Right now I can do no more healing other than that."[/talk]

[dice]0[/dice] Energy blast for all
[dice]1[/dice] Potion of CLW for Marcus
[dice]2[/dice] CLW cast on Marcus
smeltdm
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by smeltdm »

Prost will start searching all the dead combatants to include Filge, looking for anything salvageable, weapons, potions, scrolls, and gear. Bring what he finds back to the group. I'm guessing that would be stacking at 1018 for examination. Prost will also look for his dagger and any other daggers for that matter.

kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will go and pick up her crossbow and then help search and then look for a good place to rest.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

[ooc]Validation coming, but for recordkeeping purposes it will reflect a couple of differences from what you've posted above.[/ooc]
CGM3 wrote:Cyrius ... by my calculation, he's only down 3 hp - 7 damage at the start of the last turn, +1 for the acid splash, then 5 restored from Lola's healing surge.)
[ooc]Cyrius had 11 hp damage at the end of round 29. In round 30, he took 1 hp splash damage and got 5 hp healing. He currently has 11 + 1 - 5 = 7 hp damage.[/ooc]
kabkal wrote:Lola ... then commands the pearl of power to recover a 1st level healing spell and cast that on Marcus as well.
[ooc]I have recorded that Lola already used the Pearl of Power today.[/ooc]
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Lola cuts off Theldrick's head while Prost finishes off the unconscious tieflings.

Lola then lines everyone up and uses her last channeled energy surge [everyone is healed 7 hp]. She also pours one of her healing potions down Marcus' throat, which is enough to bring him up and around [healed 5 hp]. Lola announces that she has two healing potions left and that is it for today.

Cyrius guards the door while everyone else picks up their dropped weapons and searches the room. Tex finds 5 more arrows. There's nothing else really special about the room, although Prost notices a hidden lever on the throne that controls the large double doors at the entrance. The most important thing is the gear found on your slain opponents. Theldrick has several keys that look like they might be useful in further exploration.

A large quantity of loot is gathered and piled in a central location for everyone to examine. It is quite helpful that Marcus is conscious now, since he might be able to identify any magic items...

[ooc]The loot thread is here. Post there with anything you want to take right now.

Please post here with any additional healing, etc., that you wish to do in this room.

Once everyone has posted either here or in the loot thread, I will start yet another thread to cover the rapid exploration of the rest of this section of dungeon. Then you'll get to rest...[/ooc]

[ae]
  1. Evan Prost: antitoxin 45.7 min left, darkvision 162.3 min left, 19 hp damage
  2. Marcus Tilsworth: mage armor 225.5 min left, antitoxin 45.4 min left, 20 hp damage
  3. Cyrius of the Sudden Blade: sunrod (hidden in boot) ~5 hours left
  4. Texudus TreeBender: holding Garras' masterwork battleaxe, 20 arrows left, 11 hp damage
  5. Lola: 13 hp damage
Fog Cloud in the room behind you (20% miss chance within 5 feet, 50% farther away): 27.1 min left[/ae]
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Cyrius remembers to pull the sunrod out of his boot with his off-hand.
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Lola will continue to rest and heal until everyone is back to 100%. She will then make her final prayers and have the following spells:

Level 0
Stabilize
Guidance
Mending
Purify Food and Drink

Level 1 Spells
Bless (x2)
Magic Weapon
Shield of Faith

Level 2 Spells
Bull's Strength (x2)
Restoration (Lesser)

Domain Spells
Endure Elements
Fog Cloud

Then she is ready to explore the rest of the area.

Return to “{PbP} Brave New Worms {Pathfinder 1e}”