Character Creation

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Character Creation

Post by patransom » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:54 am

We'll be starting at first level and I'll want an mcs file and a character background from each person who's playing. The background can be as brief or as detailed as you'd like, but the more detailed your background, the more likely it is I'll give some extra bonus to start with (most likely some free knowledge skills, but maybe a little item or something).

My next post will have details (many details) about the world and the starting situation that you can use in your background.

You can use a 30 point buy or pm me for some stat rolls.

No psionics, please. I don't know the rules for psionics and am not really interested in learning them or figuring out how they fit in the world. Sorry.

Good or neutral characters prefered. If you really want to be evil, pm me and we can discuss.

If you want to play a race other than one of the core races, pm me on that, too. I'm not likely to allow a monster race with a level adjustment greater than 1, and I'd probably have you start with no class levels if your level adjustment is 1. I'll work with you on non-core races without level adjustments.

Any of the classes from the core books, the complete series, and the races series are ok. Classes from other books might be ok, too, upon review.

I'll do basic info on deities in a separate post.
Last edited by patransom on Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:06 am

Oh yeah, I forgot ... the setting comes from a merging of a few published sources (early 80's settings). If you recognize them, don't worry about it, it won't spoil anything.

The first couple of scenarios I plan on running are also adapted from published sources. If you recognize them, PLEASE pm me so I can be sure to mix things up enough to keep you suprised!

Finally, no fixed deadline for character submission, but the sooner you have it done, the sooner we can start.

Jayel
BARON
BARON

Post by Jayel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:12 pm

I am one that is interested in playing. I have never played by post but have been playing D&D for 20+ years. I do have one question, is it max HP at 1st level?

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Character Creation

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:39 pm

patransom wrote:We'll be starting at first level and I'll want an mcs file and a character background from each person who's playing. The background can be as brief or as detailed as you'd like, but the more detailed your background, the more likely it is I'll give some extra bonus to start with (most likely some free knowledge skills, but maybe a little item or something).

My next post will have details (many details) about the world and the starting situation that you can use in your background.

You can use a 30 point buy or pm me for some stat rolls.

No psionics, please. I don't know the rules for psionics and am not really interested in learning them or figuring out how they fit in the world. Sorry.

Good or neutral characters prefered. If you really want to be evil, pm me and we can discuss.

If you want to play a race other than one of the core races, pm me on that, too. I'm not likely to allow a monster race with a level adjustment greater than 1, and I'd probably have you start with no class levels if your level adjustment is 1. I'll work with you on non-core races without level adjustments.

Any of the classes from the core books, the complete series, and the races series are ok. Classes from other books might be ok, too, upon review.

I'll do basic info on deities in a separate post.
Ok - I do love my psions, but I'll be good. It'll give me a chance to stretch my wings abit and get back to basics.

Might I know where the primary campaign might be held - which is to say, are we having a water/ocean adventure - a dungeon/underground adventure - a wilderness adventure - a city adventure - a bit of all - etc.

Clearly this isn't anything I'll hold you too. If you say it's a water adventure and then the party refuses to get on a ship... well, clearly it'll be a landbased adventure. But if you intend to take us underground into a dungeon right off and leave us there.... Well, there are certain classes that would do, that would not make any sense in a seagoing campaign.

Thanks.

Oh - and when is the deadline for Character creation?

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:02 pm

Ok - I do love my psions, but I'll be good. It'll give me a chance to stretch my wings abit and get back to basics.

Might I know where the primary campaign might be held - which is to say, are we having a water/ocean adventure - a dungeon/underground adventure - a wilderness adventure - a city adventure - a bit of all - etc.
\
To start with, while I get things straight, you'll be dungeoneering. Then you'll be negotiating with some townsfolk/lords of keeps. Then overland travelling. No ships/waterworld coming up soon, but that could become important, depending on where the party leads you.

Hope that helps :(

xenos007
BARON
BARON

Post by xenos007 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:14 am

I will try to have my character done by Thursday, I will pm you with the specifics
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:32 am

Here's my plan: I'm going to work with each of you on your character backgrounds and get you to the same place at the same time.

I have one nicely developed character already. I'm sure the rest of you will end up in the same place :)

After that, we'll see what happens.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:18 pm

So far, I believe we have a party of four: Tailor, Icthius, Sunbolt, and Xenos. If anyone else is planning on joining, please post here, so I can balance initial events to the number of players.

Also, feel free to post info about your character's class, etc, for planning purposes. Or you can suprise each other. Up to you.

Finally, to clarify, you can take the 30 point buy OR ask for a set of rolls. If you don't like the rolls, I will reroll once but you can't go back to the 30 point buy.

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:22 pm

I thought I was number 5.

And I would like a set of rolls please.

Thanks.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Sorry, forgot you in my post-superbowl haze. Rolls on their way via PM :)

Razgriz
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Razgriz » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:11 pm

If there is still room i would liek to play...if possible for me to play toss me a set of rolls in pm
People in glass houses sink ships

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:38 pm

Sorry Razgriz, Jayel beat you by 6 minutes :( I really don't want more than six players ... it will be too much for me to keep track of.

If someone decides they have to drop out, you're first on the wait list.

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”