Time to rest ... or?

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
Post Reply
User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5881
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Time to rest ... or?

Post by patransom » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:39 pm

The group gathers around the campfire, discussing their plans for rest and a schedule for watches.

While Caladar sets about burning the bodies of the rats, Sunny tends to the wounds of Kolan, Jase, and Tana. He finds no signs of infection (or fleas). He applies salves and bandages so that, with a little extra checking up in the morning, he can accelerate the healing process quite nicely.

The group's activities are interrupted, however, when Bronin begins squaking. At the same time, Kolan, Lorn, and Jase snap their heads towards the north corridor...

[Kolan, Lorn, Jase, and Bronin have all made successful listen checks. They each hear what sounds like soft footsteps, just beyond the edge of the shadows in the north passageway]
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:15 pm

Looking at Jase, with tired eyes and a "what now?" expression, Lorn readies his light crossbow, cocking it with his good hand and propping it against his bad arm for leverage.
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:25 pm

Kolan taps Tana on the shoulder and motions with his hand that there was the sound of footsteps coming from the north corridor.
Following Lorn's lead, Kolan takes a crouching position and readies his sling.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:57 pm

Nods to Kolan and readies her own sling, moving quietly to get a better angle.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:54 am

Icefire wrote:Nods to Kolan and readies her own sling, moving quietly to get a better angle.

"Bes, is this good fortune coming our way quiet-like, or are you being fickle again?" I scratch his head and tries to remember the last time he made an offering to the goddess of luck and wine. "Does anyone have any wine?" I then place my rapier in ready reach and continue finish packing up my bag as a "cover". "Who's ready for the story of Antoninette who saved the near drowned Sebastian from a watery grave only to follow him into unbidden danger on the island nation of Illeria?"

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:12 pm

"Every time. EVERY TIME. You know what? No. I'm not going to sleep until every corridor in this place had been explored. STARTING WITH WHOEVER THAT IS!"
Jase grabs his axe and runs full speed toward the northern corridor

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:38 pm

Icthius wrote:"Every time. EVERY TIME. You know what? No. I'm not going to sleep until every corridor in this place had been explored. STARTING WITH WHOEVER THAT IS!"
Jase grabs his axe and runs full speed toward the northern corridor
Sunny sighs and quietly says, "So much for handling this without violence." And takes up his sword.

Loudly he calls out, "If you're peaceful, come out now and lay your weapons low - if you instead want a fight... OH are you about to get it."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5881
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:40 pm

[Since Caladar didn't succeed on the listen check and was still over to the side burning the rat bodies, it's reasonable that he wouldn't react as quickly as the rest of you, so ...]

Lorn, Kolan, Tana, and Sunny turn toward the north corridor and ready their weapons. Looking in that direction, none of them see anything beyond the shadowy entrance way.

However, after Jase shouts and begins sprinting towards the corridor, you can all hear the loud sound of running footsteps heading back up the corridor. Whoever was there obviously is fleeing from Jase.

[Note: edges of the map below are as far as you can see down the corridors, with the light from the campfire.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:56 pm

patransom wrote:[Since Caladar didn't succeed on the listen check and was still over to the side burning the rat bodies, it's reasonable that he wouldn't react as quickly as the rest of you, so ...]

Lorn, Kolan, Tana, and Sunny turn toward the north corridor and ready their weapons. Looking in that direction, none of them see anything beyond the shadowy entrance way.

However, after Jase shouts and begins sprinting towards the corridor, you can all hear the loud sound of running footsteps heading back up the corridor. Whoever was there obviously is fleeing from Jase.

[Note: edges of the map below are as far as you can see down the corridors, with the light from the campfire.]
"Well, I have an idea - let's go running headlong down a corridor into what might well be a trap. It's clearly a much better idea, than luring the footpad out here. No, wait, that would be not only foolhardy but dangerously so. ." Then Sunny shakes his head and at a steady pace makes after those who are going into danger . Someone has to keep the headstrong alive to fight another day. "Bes, no dragons - please?!"

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:31 pm

"GET BACK HERE COWARD SO I CAN GUT YOU!!!"
Jase yells after the figure he sees disappear, still running at full speed with his axe above his head.

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:16 pm

As I work on cleaning up the mess, I notice Jase running toward one of the corridors


Excuse me, did I miss something?
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5881
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:27 pm

Jase yells after the figure he sees disappear, still running at full speed with his axe above his head.
Is Jase planning to continue his run all the way into the dark corridor?
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:30 pm

All the way until he kills something.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:23 pm

Icthius wrote:All the way until he kills something.
Boy someone gets cranky when his sleep is disturbed again and again.... glad he didn't greet me that way. Interesting thought - the people who entered from outside were all greeted more or less warmly - but the one fellow who might BELONG in this place is chased down aggresivly when he comes to check out the sounds of battle made by a bunch of trespassers. Oh Beloved, I do so hope no one here is an Officer or a Paladin.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:13 am

Watching the mighty Jace run after the shadows, Lorn takes up his staff, keeping his crossbow cocked, but tucked into the crook of his left arm, and follows the large man wearily.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 am

Relights her torch and takes it and her readied sling and heads for the corridor

Would you like some light? She asks with a sigh.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:53 am

"LIGHT! YES!!! All I require is light, then my foe will fall before my bladed might! Then perhaps wine. And women. Both! BUT FIRST MY FOES WILL FALL!!!"

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Moves after Jase, arching a brow.

And where my dear man do you think you are going to get that kind of woman in this storm?
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:46 pm

Icefire wrote:Moves after Jase, arching a brow.

And where my dear man do you think you are going to get that kind of woman in this storm?
Sunny mutters, "and why would you use the word think in this context...."

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:38 pm

"Bah. I don't find women, they find me." Jase says, wild eyed as his grip on the axe tightens. He begins again to walk, slowly but confidently, eager to fight but not wanting to be left without light again.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:36 pm

Doesn't bother to answer Jase but does follow holding the torch high her left hand the sling readied in her right.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:23 pm

Icthius wrote:"Bah. I don't find women, they find me." Jase says
Sunny quietly add the word "revolting". as Jase finishes speaking. Sighs a tad louder and keeps up with the rest of the group, rapier in hand.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:50 pm

Kolan follows through the north door keeping an eye and ear behind in case we get company from the way we came.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:57 pm

I take up the rear, sticking to the shadows, not uttering a word.
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5881
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:38 pm

The group gathers at the entrance of the north passage, trading jibes as they catch up with Jase. Tana's torch sheds light some distance up the corridor, but you still cannot see the end, nor any sign of who ever or whatever you heard (and Jase saw).

[While we wait for Lorn to post, the map below shows the positions I've assumed for each of you. Adjust your march order if you desire and let me know any actiions you wish to take as you move forward. Then I'll start moving you north until you get to something interesting.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:07 pm

patransom wrote:The group gathers at the entrance of the north passage, trading jibes as they catch up with Jase. Tana's torch sheds light some distance up the corridor, but you still cannot see the end, nor any sign of who ever or whatever you heard (and Jase saw).

[While we wait for Lorn to post, the map below shows the positions I've assumed for each of you. Adjust your march order if you desire and let me know any actiions you wish to take as you move forward. Then I'll start moving you north until you get to something interesting.]
I actually figure I'm a bit further behind than that. Maybe behind tana With all of my comments, mostly to her....

Otherwise, looks good. Keep following unless something else happens.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:45 pm

Tailor wrote:Watching the mighty Jace run after the shadows, Lorn takes up his staff, keeping his crossbow cocked, but tucked into the crook of his left arm, and follows the large man wearily.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5881
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:54 pm

Sorry, Tailor, missed your post ... I guess because it was at the end of the previous page. New thread to start tonight.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”