Morning (?) within a Tor

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Morning (?) within a Tor

Post by patransom » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:51 am

Lorn, Jase, Tana, Kolan, and Caladar awake to the sounds of Sunny reciting something to himself...

The campfire is still alive and sheds some light, thanks to those who kept watch and kept it fed. But you're not sure what time it is. No light creeps through from the huge double doors to the outside.

In the faint firelight, you can see that the tables and other barricades you set in front of the other three corridors are intact and undisturbed. Most noticably, it's quiet. No thunder ... no lightning bolts that had previously seemed to pierce the solid rock over your head.

Tana, Kolan, and Jase notice that the bandages Sunny had applied ... seems like ages ago ... have been freshened. [ that's 2 hp better each ]
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Re: Morning (?) within a Tor

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:59 am

patransom wrote:Lorn, Jase, Tana, Kolan, and Caladar awake to the sounds of Sunny reciting something to himself...

The campfire is still alive and sheds some light, thanks to those who kept watch and kept it fed. But you're not sure what time it is. No light creeps through from the huge double doors to the outside.

In the faint firelight, you can see that the tables and other barricades you set in front of the other three corridors are intact and undisturbed. Most noticably, it's quiet. No thunder ... no lightning bolts that had previously seemed to pierce the solid rock over your head.

Tana, Kolan, and Jase notice that the bandages Sunny had applied ... seems like ages ago ... have been freshened. [ that's 2 hp better each ]
Having finished checking bandages, Sunny goes about the end of making a light travelers breakfast.
Noticing people rising I stop reciting and say, "Sorry, I hope I didn't wake you. We'll have everything made and ready in a moment - I don't suppose anyone has anything better than hardbread and cheese? Perhaps a spice or two?" With that he makes certain the the cheese he's baking into the bread doesn't run over, and that neither burns.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:52 pm

Kolan looks through his pack to see if he may have a spice or two reamaining from the travel from the monastery. (Not sure if he ever had any.)
Then he will go and check the door to the south, the one used to come in from the outside to see if he can determine the appox. time of day with his fishing village knowledge.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:56 am

Lorn awakes, yawns and withdraws his spellbook, only giving slight nods to those that attempt to draw his attention away from his book. Every 10 minutes or so, he stands, still holding the book and speaks in some unknown tongue, and performs movements that seem to draw small crackles from the surrounding air, and causing discomfort in his companions as they seem to be having an abundance of small shocks from any contact with each other. He continues, for an hour, even his bird seems patient to his extravagance, as though used to such problematic and unpleasant mornings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:04 am

I rise to the smell of the baking bread, and reply to Sunny's comment,

Well, that was an interesting night. Unfortunately, I do not have any type of spices with me, but the bread and cheese does smell good!
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:42 pm

xenos007 wrote:I rise to the smell of the baking bread, and reply to Sunny's comment,

Well, that was an interesting night. Unfortunately, I do not have any type of spices with me, but the bread and cheese does smell good!

Well, no worries then. We'll eat a bit of bread - I hope someone else has something for lunch - I've only got enough travel for for the rest of the week - This, split between all of you will finish my breakfast stores for most of that, till we can resupply.

Might I ask - After last night - we can certainly go our seperate ways. I am heading to Duvik's pass. Or if any of you are heading that way, we can go together. Or - we can stay in here and explore the tor. I mean, if there are monsters set to guard the place - and did it seem like they were guarding not just living here? Then it would stand to reason there is a reason why -- something for them to guard, perhaps.

On the other hand - that might be reason enough for us to leave as well.
So I guess I have two real questions. First:
How's the weather out there Kolan?
Second- shall we stay together or go apart?

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:20 pm

"It seems to be nearing dawn. The bad weather has passed for now but the sky is still overcast. Traveling should be much easier than last night but I'm not sure how long the bad weather will stay away. As was mentioned before, Tana and I have business in Duvik's Pass and traveling as a group there might be a wise choice in case the hobgoblins are not just in the tor."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:37 pm

OOC note: Tana's out of town until wednesday and said she would go along with whatever the party consensus is. So don't wait for her input before making any decisions about what to do next.
Image

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:47 pm

I agree, there is safety in numbers, but I am curious to find out more about the Tor.....I say we check it out!
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:14 pm

"Our business is not pressing and maybe clearing out the tor will be a help to our business in Duvik's Pass. Plus, I'm interested in knowing what the hobgoblins are guarding."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:46 pm

Jayel wrote:"Our business is not pressing and maybe clearing out the tor will be a help to our business in Duvik's Pass. Plus, I'm interested in knowing what the hobgoblins are guarding."
I'm meeting up with a troupe, myself - but they're not due at Duvik for a bit... I certainly won't abandon you all while you're likly to go running headlong into more hobgoblins. Though, for that, if we could use a bit more discretion next time? (Sunny pointedly looks at Jase.) Shall we eat? (He passes a good size piece of bread to each of you.)

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:14 pm

Does her morning stretches before taking a piece of the offered bread and eating it.

"I say we explore further as well."

Checks her supply of sling bullets and torches, making ready.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:12 pm

Jase grunts. "Is there any money in it? I need to make a living, and I'm still new to this concept. Still..." Jase licks his lips and eyes the food greedily, "I could stay for a while, so long as there is a place to sleep and food in my belly."

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:49 pm

Finishing his movements, Lorn closes the book shut, and looks at Jase, "I agree, I think it would be more than reasonable to explore this place before heading out. As to the other questions, I am on my way to Duvik's Pass, and would not mind the company at all."
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:44 pm

All is eeriely quiet within the tor as you dine on bread and melted cheese and discuss your plans. The campfire has begun to smolder and looks to be dying down. You've burnt nearly all of the combustible debris in this room. Of course, there are still the tables you set up as barricades, but they look a bit damp and moldy.
Image

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:54 pm

Well, we are burning light, let's go investigate and see what's happening!"
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:52 pm

Nods and rises after finishing her bread.

We might as well explore if that is what we are going to do.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:05 pm

Well, let's get to it. Shall we continue the way we started last night - or would you like to try another door? For my part - I think I'd like to see where that rope leads...
Jase grunts. "Is there any money in it? I need to make a living, and I'm still new to this concept. Still..." Jase licks his lips and eyes the food greedily, "I could stay for a while, so long as there is a place to sleep and food in my belly."
Jase, what concept exactly are you "New too?" Making a living?

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:23 pm

The room hasn't changed since last night, except for the tables in front of the door. You can go here to refresh yourselves on the map if it speeds your decisionmaking about which way to proceed.
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:55 am

Sunbolt wrote:Jase, what concept exactly are you "New too?" Making a living?
"We'll talk about it on the way." Jase throws his axe across his shoulder and begins to walk north. Without looking back (and not really paying attention to whether anyone is following or not) he says, "Well, up 'till a while back 'Makin' a livin'' just meant killing something, eating it, then trading the bones to a local tribe for clothes or supplies. This whole 'Money' thing is completely new ta me."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:22 pm

So Jase begins striding towards the north corridor, once again ignoring the need for light in the darkened passages of the tor :)
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:23 pm

"Jase, how about you slow down you numbskull, do you want to end up on the floor like yesterday?"

Sorry, was in NM for the weekend.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:46 am

Lights her torch and moves to follow Jase, with a sigh. Pulls her sling out and readies it.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:22 am

Follow to the north, sling at the ready.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:08 pm

Icthius wrote:
Sunbolt wrote:Jase, what concept exactly are you "New too?" Making a living?
"We'll talk about it on the way." Jase throws his axe across his shoulder and begins to walk north. Without looking back (and not really paying attention to whether anyone is following or not) he says, "Well, up 'till a while back 'Makin' a livin'' just meant killing something, eating it, then trading the bones to a local tribe for clothes or supplies. This whole 'Money' thing is completely new ta me."
Sunny follows Jase while rolling his eyes.

"So, in a nutshell, you don't really know what it's like to travel with others? Not surprising, truth be told. The way you seem to take for granted that everyone else is simply going to follow you about and keep you alive. What is surprising is that you are actually still alive. How've you managed that?" Sunny then pauses and looks at Jase and his axe "No offense... Just curious."

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:53 pm

"HAH!" Jase says, laughing at his silly companion's comments. "I stay alive by hitting anything that wants to kill me with an axe." Jase stops and his brow furrows. "Though now that you mention it, maybe I should reconsider my appproach. I can still feel some of the bruises from yesterday." Jase shrugs and starts walking forward again, through the hall.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:22 pm

[Assuming Caladar follows the rest of the group, hanging back as usual]

You shift the table you set to block the north corridor out of the way and proceed up the passageway, Tana's torch lighting the way. You reach the room where you battled the hobgoblins last night and find things pretty much as you left them.

The tables, of course, are gone, but the hobgoblin corpses are still there. Rain no longer falls from the shaft in the ceiling and the puddles of water on the floor have apparently flowed out through the small drain.

The rope still dangles from the shaft and the passage to the north remains unexplored.
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:26 pm

"Well, new approach or not, I'll not sit here idly," Jase says, "Come. Lets be off." He motions toward the northern passage and begins to walk that way, slowly enough that everyone has time to react.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:47 pm

Icthius wrote:"Well, new approach or not, I'll not sit here idly," Jase says, "Come. Lets be off." He motions toward the northern passage and begins to walk that way, slowly enough that everyone has time to react.
I'd still like to check out that dangling rope. It's intriguing.

Sunny walks over to the rope, and checks to see if he can figure what it's attached too. Taking care not to pull it, and he yanks it up and away if someone else (like Jase) decides to just give it a tug to see what would happen....

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:54 pm

If the rest of you decide to follow along with Jase, you can use the attached map to indicate march order ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”