Morning (?) within a Tor

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:54 pm

"Jase, I have learned that patience is a virtue. Also, I feel we should make sure that the rope is not the path the hobgoblins used to enter the tor before we find out the hard way that it was."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:29 pm

Sunbolt wrote:Sunny walks over to the rope, and checks to see if he can figure what it's attached too. Taking care not to pull it, and he yanks it up and away if someone else (like Jase) decides to just give it a tug to see what would happen....
The shaft is rough-hewn and disappears up into darkness. The rope seems to go up all the way, too, and you can't see to what it's attached.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:42 pm

Looks up the shaft.

I think the only way we are going to find out what is up there is to try and climb it.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:15 pm

"Alright, fair enough." Jase spits on his hands and rubs them together. "Well, there's only one way to find out what's up there." Heading toward the rope, Jase gives anyone ample time to insist on going first. He doesn't want to hog the spotlight, afterall.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:50 am

Icthius wrote:Jase gives anyone ample time to insist on going first. He doesn't want to hog the spotlight, afterall.
Does anyone insist on going first?
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:10 am

"I believe a less boisterius and more subtle person would be a better choice to climb the rope. So, unless someone, other than Jase, would like to climb the rope, I will go up to check out the top. No offense intended big guy."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:24 pm

I will go up the rope, I have a little bit of experience doing these sort of things.

(+7 climb/+7 move silent))
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:33 pm

"Very well, that's more experience than I have at this sort of thing."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:03 pm

Jayel wrote:"Very well, that's more experience than I have at this sort of thing."
Well, I'm not going to make much of a climb in this chain armor. Before you all start climbing - does anyone have a ranged weapon? Bow, or crossbow? Perhaps we can see what's up there if we light the top first?

Also, we should check the strength of the rope with a solid tug first. I just wanted to see if it might be attached to a trap or bell of some type before we did so.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:58 pm

"I only have my sling, which will not do what you wish." She says to Sunny. Nor do I have the same experience. So if you wish to go up first you are welcome." Tana says to Caladar
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:07 pm

Jayel wrote:"I believe a less boisterius and more subtle person would be a better choice to climb the rope. So, unless someone, other than Jase, would like to climb the rope, I will go up to check out the top. No offense intended big guy."
"Haw, haw. No offense taken! But sunny's right, we might as well give it a tug before Caladar goes on up." Jase grabs the rope, looks around and says "Is everyone ready?"

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:26 am

Lorn shrugs and whispers quickly to Bronin
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:47 pm

[Just to speed things along, since everyone's posted, I'm validating several actions in sequence at once]

Jase gives the rope a firm tug and it doesn't budge, seeming to be very securely fastened to whatever it's connected to above. With everything appearing to be safe and in order, Caladar quickly and expertly climbs the rope. He reaches the ceiling in mere moments and begins to disappear into the darkness of the shaft ...

[More to come depending on what Caladar does via PM]
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:52 pm

Sunny removes and stows his armor. If we're going to climb, this won't do at all. OK, Beloved, I'm in your hands, now.

Does anyone have any extra rope? I'd rather carry the end of a rope and hoist up my pack and armor once we're at the top, then try to climb wearing this.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”