Caladar Returns

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Caladar Returns

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:53 am

Sunbolt wrote:Sunny removes and stows his armor. If we're going to climb, this won't do at all. OK, Beloved, I'm in your hands, now.

Does anyone have any extra rope? I'd rather carry the end of a rope and hoist up my pack and armor once we're at the top, then try to climb wearing this.
Sunny removes and packs away his chainmail, discussing how best to get the rest of the group and their gear up the rope.

Lorn looks at Sunny askance, speaking quietly to Bronin.

The rest of you split your attention between the shaft above and the unexpored north corridor ...

After a time, Bronin squaks and Caladar reemerges from the shaft, sliding down the rope and dropping to floor, nimbly landing on his feet ...
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:15 pm

"So, what did you find?"
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:32 am

That was quick. Are we going up? Or did I should I put this gear back on?

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:08 pm

There's no reason to go up the rope, just a couple of dead hobgoblins. They may have been sick, just before one died she mentioned something about Maglubiyet. I don't know if that name rings a bell with anybody....
Last edited by xenos007 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:39 am

Looking at Caladar and ceasing to scratch Bronin around the neck, Lorn, with a slight seriousness replies to Caladar, "What did she say again? I didn't fully catch it, but if it is who I think it might be, this might be important."
Image

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:38 pm

She mentioned someone named Maglubiyet
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:11 pm

"Doesn't ring a bell here."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:33 pm

Icthius wrote:"Doesn't ring a bell here."
Me neither.

Sunny sighs - Are you sure they're all dead? Should I go up and see if any can still be saved?

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:23 am

No, they are definitely both dead...no reason to go up there.
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:35 pm

"Did you notice if there was a way to take the rope down so that nothing can come down from there?"
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:33 pm

After thinking it over for a moment, Lorn speaks once again, "We need to be very careful, I believe that the name this female spoke was that of the god of Goblins and Hobgoblins. I fear that like his style, his servants, if they do follow him, are going to be as insidious as they were yesterday, and we should be very mindful of traps. Even simple minded goblins can set out a string across a hallway."
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:08 pm

"Alright. Did you notice if they had anything of value? Equipment or food? Well, if not, we should get going. I can lead, but I'll want you all close, looking for these traps."

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:38 pm

Moves towards the north passage, holding the torch aloft.

Alright, the north passage then?
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:48 pm

[Once again, if you are joining Tana, indicate your location so I have an order of march]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:31 pm

N13
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:37 am

M15
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:02 pm

I restrap my armor, then take the trailing position - say n 15 or so.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:35 pm

N12

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:15 am

O15
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 pm

[To speed things along, I'm moving you on down the corridor]

You cautiously move north until the light from Tana's torch shows the entire chamber ahead of you. At the center of the chamber is a large stone slab. Atop the slab rests the corpse of some large humanoid creature. Behind the slab, against the north wall is an ornate stone altar. The walls of the room (those that you can see) appear to have crude paintings on them. You are still too far to make out any of the details carved into the altar or painted on the walls, but you can clearly make out that there is a shiny silver object resting atop the altar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:40 pm

Jase will peer around the corner to see if there's anything there.
Spot/Listen +3

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:38 pm

After Jase peers around the corner and verifies nothing is there....

Kolan leans in toward Jase, "Step into the hallway and and see if you tell if anyone is standing the left of the opening to the room with the altar."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Jayel wrote:After Jase peers around the corner and verifies nothing is there....

Kolan leans in toward Jase, "Step into the hallway and and see if you tell if anyone is standing the left of the opening to the room with the altar."
Great. A shiny bauble on an alter guarded by several hobgoblins that died of disease or our swords. Might I suggest no one touch the object directly, and we might wonder how those upstairs got the disease that killed them.

Sunny follows the others into the room, and starts heads to the alter looking for any signs, symbols etc that might tell us anything about the object, the alter, or the histroy of this place.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:12 pm

Jase holds his hand up as he peers around the corner, then step forward into full view of hallway. If he still can't see or hear anything, he moves his eyes to the room with the alter and motions for everyone to follow.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:15 am

Jase continues to walk toward the Altar, trying to get a better look at whatever is on it.

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:14 pm

I quietly move into the room with the altar/sarcophagus


+7 Move Silent
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:11 pm

Moves forward with the others keeping the torch aloft.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:30 am

Lorn follows along silently, casually looking around the room, but returning his attention to the alter every few moments to ascertain if the light has reached it to a point that he can identify it for sure as being devoted to Maglubiyet.
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:33 pm

[Since none of you indicated a specific position in the room, I just moved you in there based on your original locations in the hall]

Moving cautiously into the room, Tana's torch provides sufficient light to make out details ...

The symbols carved into the altar are unintellegible and the crude paintings on the wall seem rather meaningless. The object atop the altar is a polished silver morningstar, it's shine dimished a bit by the layer of dust that's settled on it.

The corpse on the stone slab is that of a large, burly humanoid, bigger than the hobgoblins you fought earlier. It's mouth has large fangs and it looks like it was once quite hairy, although much of the hair has fallen out, littering the floor. It's clearly been dead some time, as the corpse shows signs of decay. The most interesting thing is that the dead creature is dressed in the garb of a knight, with a tabard and belts over it's rotting skin. A rusty morningstar is still clutched one of its clawed, lifeless hands and a wooden shield in the other.

In the torchlight, one other thing you all notice is the bits of gold that glint from within the dust on the floor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:14 pm

Let's take care - at least for the moment - not to disturb the knight's rest.

--Sunny takes a closer look at the symbols and language written on the alter - moving to n11.

Did anyone else notice the side passage?

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”