An unexpected development

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

An unexpected development

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:39 pm

Tana brings her light forward and Jase moves around the stone slab to examine the corpse.

Kolan and Lorn take up positions to guard against anything coming up the hallway, while Caladar stands silently.

As the group discusses various things, Sunny moves to the altar, intent on examining the symbols. As he does so, he grasps the holy symbol about his neck and begins chanting a spell. When he reaches the altar, he begins to trace his finger across the symbols to apply the magic of his spell. As soon as he touches the altar, however, you see him shudder.

Immediately after that, the corpse rises from the stone slab, turning in Sunny's direction and brandishing its weapon threateningly. It emits a slow and eeirily hollow growl as it does so!

[The "H" is the humanoid corpse]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:30 pm

Hearing some commotion, Lorn turns and unexpectedly says, "Well, that was unexpected."

Roll initiative? I want to shoot'em, fyi.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:23 am

Tana had her sling out. So she'll take a shot on her turn.

Attack +3
Damage 1d4+3
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:09 am

Moving to P11 and attacking

AC: 16
Attack:+5
Damage: 1d12+4

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:04 pm

Kolan turns and says, jesturing at Lorn "What he said."

Wraps his sling around his fist and gets ready to pummel corpse.

Attack: +2
Damage: 1d6+2
AC: 14
Last edited by Jayel on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Re: An unexpected development

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:55 pm

patransom wrote:Tana brings her light forward and Jase moves around the stone slab to examine the corpse.

Kolan and Lorn take up positions to guard against anything coming up the hallway, while Caladar stands silently.

As the group discusses various things, Sunny moves to the altar, intent on examining the symbols. As he does so, he grasps the holy symbol about his neck and begins chanting a spell. When he reaches the altar, he begins to trace his finger across the symbols to apply the magic of his spell. As soon as he touches the altar, however, you see him shudder.

Immediately after that, the corpse rises from the stone slab, turning in Sunny's direction and brandishing its weapon threateningly. It emits a slow and eeirily hollow growl as it does so!

[The "H" is the humanoid corpse]
Ouchies... bad magic guys - I was hoping not to set it off - why I didn't want Jase touching the knight - but he's a bad guy anyway - so lets's take this Zombie scum out with slashing attacks and divine might!

As sunny talks and back peddles a bit, he gets his left hand on his rapier and draws it out as a free action to defend, while he uses his right - still on the dice he wears around his neck to attempt a turning:

Mighty Beloved redirect this beast into the shadows!

(Turn undead: 1d20+2 total HD 2d6+4 Destroy undead up to 1HD)

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:59 pm

Who asked for this?!

I will move to P13 and attack with my rapier

+1
1D6+1
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:25 pm

Caladar quietly strides towards the corpse and attempts to stab it with his rapier. He misses.

Lorn remarks, "Well, that was unexpected," and releases his readied crossbow bolt at it, but the shot goes wide.

Kolan, echoing Lorn's sentiment, punches the corpse square in the back. His blow makes a loud thump, but the creature shows no sign of having noticed it.

Tana launches a sling bullet at the suprisingly spry corpse, but does not hit.

Jase moves into position, slipping behind Sunny to where he can reach the monster. He strikes the creature solidly, sinking the blade of his axe into the creature's shoulder. It moans with what sounds like anger.

Sunny, continuing to grasp his holy symbol, draws his rapier and utters a prayer to Bes, commanding the creature to leave.

The zombie, as Sunny so confidently called it, seems undetered by Sunny's command. In fact, it swings its rusty morningstar at the young man, slamming him in the side. [6 hp]

[I'll be out of town this weekend, but may be able to post another validation late Sunday night]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:17 pm

Drops her sling, draws her kama and steps to Q13, moving wide so as not to provoke an attack of opportunity. On her next turn do one attack.

Oh lovely....
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:40 am

Lorn, sighing, drops his crossbow, and as it lands with a thud, holds out his good hand, and without the slightest bit of manners, clears his throat with a gutteral "hock" sound, spitting the contents into his palm. The substance is green and slimy, and quickly grows in mass. It forms a ball of convulsing green gel that seems to float a few inches above his hands. Once this ball of ooze is about the size of a baseball, his fingers close around it, but not entering it, as if it was encased in an invisible container. Reeling back, he pitches the ball and hopes for the best.

*Acid splash, 1d3, touch attack, no save, no SR. FYI, 1 more and a ray of frost, and 2 burning hands for clarity due to sheet restrictions.*
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:04 pm

Kolan draws his kama. On his next attack....

Flurry of blows
Attack: +0
Damage: 1d6+2
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:20 pm

[Currently waiting on actions from Caladar, Jase, and Sunny. If no posts by this time tomorrow, I'll act for them.]
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:24 pm

Oh, sorry.

Jase swings again

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:40 pm

I will try to hit again with my rapier


+1
1D6+1
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:32 pm

[ok, acting for Sunny only, since he's out of town and the rest of you jumped right in.]

Caladar tries again to stab the zombie with his rapier, to no avail.

Lorn flings his nasty green "ball" at the zombie, but fails to connect.

Kolan draws his kama and, in a blur of motion, takes two quick swings at the zombie. Neither blow lands.

Tana drops her sling, readies her kama, and moves around into position to strike at the zombie.

Jase swings his greataxe again at the zombie, but this time does not make contact.

Sunny, still reeling from the zombie's last strike, cautiously withdraws from the creature's reach.

The zombie, with single-minded stupidity, moves to pursue Sunny, dropping its guard against the rest of you surrounding it!

Caladar and Kolan miss, but Tana's kama sinks into the creature's flank and Jase's greataxe strikes a solid blow against its head. The zombie howls, but continues its pursuit of Sunny. Charging, albeit clumsily after him, the creature swings its morningstar at him again, but misses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:16 am

Move to H12 and attack once.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:08 am

Jase roars and attacks the zombie
Charging with a power attack,
Attack: +5
Damage: 1d12 + 8
AC: 14

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:16 pm

Icthius wrote:Jase roars and attacks the zombie
Charging with a power attack,
Attack: +5
Damage: 1d12 + 8
AC: 14
Any particular place you want this zombie? I think I can pretty much maneuver him in between the lot of you given enough time - he's stupid and clumsy and pathetically trained on me!

Oh - and by the way -- ouch! That morning star of his hurts!

Sunny continues his cautious movement leading the creature in between as many of the rest as can flank him. He uses his rapier only to deflect the morning starts further attacks - since it would be fairly ineffective against the monster anyway. Full defense! ( -4 on attacks (AOO only) +2 AC) I especially try to get him in range of Jase's slashing axe!

Oh - and those of you with slashing weapons use them - piercing and blugeoning weapons don't work nearly as well. So use the edges of your blades rather than the points or flats.

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:10 am

If I12 is a spot that can be occupied (not sure if the altar takes up all of that spot), Kolan moves to there and swings (flurry of blows) hoping to flank the zombie. If not, move to G12 and swing (one attack).

Attack: flanking +2/+2 , not flanking +2
Damage: 1d6+2
AC: 14
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:36 pm

Jayel wrote:If I12 is a spot that can be occupied (not sure if the altar takes up all of that spot), Kolan moves to there and swings (flurry of blows) hoping to flank the zombie. If not, move to G12 and swing (one attack).

Attack: flanking +2/+2 , not flanking +2
Damage: 1d6+2
AC: 14
I should be able to get him in front of you, as I move down a bit... But I do want Jase's Axe to be near at hand....

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Annoyed at his miss, Lorn once again hocks a lugie.
Image

User avatar
xenos007
BARON
BARON
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Yorktown, VA USA
Contact:

Post by xenos007 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:03 pm

Well the hell with this

I will just watch as the others to kill the zombie
Image
I Have a Bad Feeling About This

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:43 am

[awaiting a small PM clarification from Sunny before validating]
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Caladar curses loudly, then stops to watch as the rest of you manuever.

Lorn repeats the bizarre ritual you saw before. This time his "ball" slips from his one good hand as he launches it. It falls to the floor at his feet. [sorry, you got a particularly bad attack roll there]

Kolan moves intently, easily avoiding obstacles in his way, to a position somewhat behind the knight-zombie. He swings with his kama, but his blow does not land.

Tana, quitely and agilely moves towards the creature and swipes at it. She misses.

Jase roars and rushes at the zombie, ignoring everything else around him. His axe lands right in the creature's back! The zombie's huge frame quivers, but does not fall down.

Sunny issues commands while he stands his ground, weilding his rapier in a defensive fashion.

The zombie, in spite of the damage inflicted by Jase, takes another swing at Sunny. The blow lands forcefully on Sunny's head and he crumples to the ground in a heap! [ 11 hp !]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:42 am

Snarling in frustration, Lorn bares his teeth, and his bad arm jerks forward violently, and from the fingertips spring forth a beam of energy that leaves frost in the air where it passes.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:20 am

Tailor wrote:Snarling in frustration, Lorn bares his teeth, and his bad arm jerks forward violently, and from the fingertips spring forth a beam of energy that leaves frost in the air where it passes.
Sunny ignores the zombie defiantly while smugly daring it to eat his nearly dead flesh - emphasizing the danger of it all by intimidatingly bleeding from his scalp. (Intimidate +2)

Those with ESP hear him having a conversation with BES - Yes, beloved, I'm on my way home....

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:14 am

5 foot step to L13, one attack with her kama, with flanking if the zombie can be flanked.

Attack +3 (+2 for flanking)
Damage 1d6+3
AC 15
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:47 am

Kolan reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out a vial (holy water) and throws it at the zombie.

Ranged touch attack: +2
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Mon May 01, 2006 5:49 pm

[validating before everyone posts because ... well you'll see]

Caladar continues to stand his ground.

Snarling in frustration, Lorn bares his teeth, and his bad arm jerks forward violently, and from the stump-like fingertips springs forth a beam of energy that leaves frost in the air where it passes. The beam of energy misses the zombie.

Kolan reaches into his belt pouch, pulls out a vial, and throws it at the zombie. The vial misses the zombie, but shatters on the floor nearby, some of it's contents splashing onto the creature's legs. You can hear and see the zombies rotting skin sizzle a bit where the liquid splashed it.

Kolan drops his defenses for a moment as he throws and the zombie's morningstar comes round to swipe at him. The swing is clumsy, however, and Kolan avoids it easily.

While the zombie is striking at Kolan, Tana shifts position so that she is directly behind the creature's back. Her blow is precise and the kama's edge lands exactly in the gash already opened by Jase's axe! The zombie lets out a gasping howl and falls to the ground, motionless.

All of you (except Sunny, who's barely breathing at all) breath a sigh of relief, as this creature turned out to be a more fearsome opponent than first anticipated. [A 1 from the zombie and a critical from Tana may have just saved you from having one or two more party members bleeding on the floor]
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Tue May 02, 2006 1:28 am

"By Sif! Sunny!" Jase runs over to his fallen friend. "Hold on. I've learned a little about first aid in the wild, but not much. Can anyone here help?"
Heal +2 to stabilize, will synergy with anyone who helps


PS 200th post 8)

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”