Goblins on a Shelf

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:22 pm

Krgnik seems confused by Sunny's question, "Walking dead, some human, some goblin. Bad, bad."

M'dok says, "Yes, nice humans go kill walking dead and Red Serpents gone before you get back. We leave as soon as weaklings wake up." He kicks one of the sleeping goblins at his feet.

It is at this point that you see Caladar appear just below the ledge. He stops to examine the dead goblin who fell there, rummaging through the creature's belongings. He picks up the creature's crossbow and, although it is ridiculously small, he tucks it and the remaining bolts into his belt.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:49 pm

"So which way are we heading?" Jase says, looking for a tunnel even deeper into the mine.

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:45 pm

"I'm not going to be much good when we get into another battle, in my current condition," Tana points out. (OOC She's only got 1hp)
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:32 am

"I still have most of my spells, but not the sleep of course. Now that I know we are heading against undead, I also have a spell that works against them, but that will require another day." Lorn looks to the others then shifts his weight to lean on his staff to await the reply by his comrades.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:34 pm

"Although the town is not out of danger yet, I too believe we should stop and rest to recouperate before dealing with what lies lower in this cavern."

"Perhaps Sunny and I could work together to help heal your wounds heal faster"

OOC: Only had 2 heal spells prepared and I already used them.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:26 pm

klakxor wrote:"Although the town is not out of danger yet, I too believe we should stop and rest to recouperate before dealing with what lies lower in this cavern."

"Perhaps Sunny and I could work together to help heal your wounds heal faster"

OOC: Only had 2 heal spells prepared and I already used them.
I have to agree - I'm nearly spent. But - I do believe I have some bandages left.

(as a side note - I don't recall if I resupplied at the village before heading out - I know it was on my list of things todo, but we left rather hurridly. How's my healer's bag holding out?

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:14 pm

You guys didn't purchase anything before leaving the town. Sunny, your healing kit has 3 uses left.

Caladar, hearing the discussion of the need to rest, shouts up to the Hobgoblin, "Here's the deal, gobbo. You throw down your weapons, then we'll watch you leave the mines. After you're gone, we'll proceed in dealing with this 'demon' of yours."

The other goblins have begun to wake up. M'dok sneers, but say, "Yes, nice human, no more fight. Red Serpents not live here with demon any more." He tosses his crossbow down to Caladar and orders the goblins to do the same. He says something in goblin and one of his underlings goes to the back of the ledge where you can't see.

He returns moments later, leading a very small hobgoblin, maybe a child, who has a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Caladar gathers up the crossbows and backs away as the goblins climb down the ropes to your level.

Jayel
BARON
BARON

Post by Jayel » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:35 pm

Kolan keeps an eye on the hobgoblins as they leave and when they are out of sight he will prepare to take the first watch as those who need rest do so.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:15 pm

Stands to reason that there's no exit from the shelf - or they woulld have used it. Might be worth our while to make the climb.

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:59 pm

"I think I can make the climb, but I don't know how much good I will be beyond that."

Climb: +4

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:14 pm

As you discuss your plans for resting, the goblins and their hobgoblin leader make their way to the tunnel you came from, pick their way around the pit, and disappear up and out of sight.

Caladar says, "I agree with Sunny. If the ledge was safe for the goblins, it should be safe for us. Although it will probably smell. This climb doesn't look like it will be very difficult, with these ropes and the wall to brace against. I'll check it out."

He pulls himself carefully up one of the ropes onto the ledge, disappears for a moment, then leans down to tell you, "Yep, smelly, but there's no other exits. No sign of a camp or anything, though. Wonder where the goblins slept."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:29 pm

Sunny takes off the parts of his armor that would impede his climb, securing it to his pack.....

Someone remind me to buy some more rope and refill my healer's bag when we get back to town. Assuming the demons and undead don't kill us first, don't cha' know.

Once safely at that top he helps everyone else, then gets some sleep. In the morning I'll check the bandages again - and use the last of my kit if needed...

Caladar - when we go down - you think you could take the ropes down without destroying them? I wouldn't mind a bit of quality rope in my bag for the next time we have a pit to cross....

Jayel
BARON
BARON

Post by Jayel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:30 pm

Kolan will climb up last, ensuring all climb safely. When at the top, he will prepare to take first watch.

Spot: +4
Listen: +4

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:31 am

Lorn accends to the overlook, covering his face at the smell, and attempts to find a comfortable spot in which to rest.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:38 am

Jericho will climb up with the others.

Jayel
BARON
BARON

Post by Jayel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:34 pm

Rethinking his decision, (/ooc mainly because of a PM from klaxxor about my health situation, 1 hp), Kolan decides it be best that he take some time to rest.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:48 pm

The party climbs up to the ledge and settles in for some much-needed rest. With the goblins gone, the cavern is quiet. The ledge area, like the rest of the main diggings, is lit with phosphorescence. Caladar was right, although the ledge smells of dirty goblins, there is no sign that they camped right here for very long.

Please post your watch order and any other actions you want to take before resting (e.g., heal checks) and I'll do a full validation at some point over the weekend

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:04 pm

"I can take a watch if need be, but only with healing. If it is possible for me not to that might be better. But I know those that use magic will need more rest." (OOC Tana has 1 hp)

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:13 pm

"I can take first watch. My injuries are less then Kolan and Tana. Sunny, perhaps you could join me and we can discuss our faiths."

Jericho takes a seat near the ledge as to keep watch for anything below.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:21 pm

And here I was thinking you'd tend the wounded tonight - and I'd do it in the morning. Bookending the shifts... I'm spent...

Sunny finds some soft stone and sleeps - prayers to his beloved dancing in his head. When he awakes he speaks those prayors in quiet whispers that only she can hear. Then gets about the business of tending to the wounded.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm

"That sounds fair enough, I'll look after them for now and you can take care of them in the morning. Would anyone else be willing to sit first watch with me."

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:37 pm

I'll take whatever watch you want. I'm not that banged up.

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:11 am

"I can take first with you if you like Jericho, at this point a little less sleep isn't really going to make much difference."

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”