Time for some more action!

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:48 pm

Jericho will hold his ground. He does not want to shoot into melee if he cannot see his opponent.

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Sunny takes the stairs two at a time - punching his rapier right into the location of the spellcasting (and making sure not to overcompensate and hit Jase if he misses).
'Beloved guide my hand once again!'
"You're really going to wish you just gave up when you had the chance. Sucks to be you."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:21 pm

Jericho stands his ground.

As the chanting continues, Sunny moves to a position where he can stab at the invisible foe. Once again he makes contact with something! This does not seem to interrupt the spellcasting, though. [lucky again on everything but the guy's concentration roll]

Kolan moves around and up the stairs, into a position blocking any escape.

Then the chanting reaches a crescendo and a nearly man-sized spider appears out of thin air, right behind Sunny! The spider bites Sunny in the backand the previously happy cleric falls right to the ground [5 hp, so now at -1]

Caladar runs to the base of the stairs, putting away his crossbow and drawing his rapier.

Tana steps back and fires a sling bullet at the general location where Sunny made contact with his foe. She hits nothing.

Jase swings his axe again, but this time at the spider, since he's had no luck hitting the invisible man. He cuts the spider in half! [so you never got to see it on the map, oh well]

Suddenly, there is the sound of a spell being cast again from the space you suspect the man to be in. A frightening black cloud appears momentarily above Kolan's head. Kolan quivers a bit, but manages to maintain his composure [Kolan is shaken for 1 round, -2 on attacks, saves, etc]. The man you saw before materializes right where you suspected. He has a hawkish face with slightly greenish skin, dressed in chainmail and large steel shield. About his next, on a silver chain, is a symbol that looks very similar to one you've seen before, about Jericho's neck: a potion vial in the shape of a U. As he draws a heavy mace, he shouts, "You shall not stop me from completing my holy mission!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:49 pm

"If you are the source of this illness, then you misunderstand the teachings of Ugtargnt. Although the study of illness is of great importance, causing it is completely reckless. The Honorable Doctors would be terribly displeased."

Jericho will rush towards the pillar, in hopes that Caladar and Kolan can get to the top so he can get to Sunny.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:08 am

Tana will fire a sling bullet at the man.

Attack: +3
Damage: 1d4+3
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:31 pm

Single attack at M.

Attack: +0 (+2 attack, -2 shaken)
Damage: 1d6+2
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:59 pm

Lorn moves over to the stairs, leaving his staff behind and beginning to ready his crossbow on the way over.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:46 am

Sunny, a little confused at why he was only at 4 hitpoints, lies on the floor with his eyes closed and tries to figure it out.

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:28 am

"DIE!" Jase screams as he frantically attacks the now-visible assailant.

Raging and attacking the holy man.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Jericho rushes toward the base of the stairs, passing Caladar and reaching the bottom steps. [Although you appear adjacent to Sunny, you are still too far below him to cast on him.]

Sunny, lying unconscious, now remembers being smacked by a zombie and selflessly using his last healing spell on Jase, who was injured worse at the time. [Now at -2, but I doubt you'll die given what happens below]

Kolan punches at the priest, but his blow glances off the man's shield.

With the crowd on the stairs, Caladar waits patiently with his rapier at the ready.

Tana fires another sling bullet at the man, missing again due to the melee surrounding him.

Jase, enraged, takes a mighty swing at the man. He strikes a brutal blow and the man now is obviously horribly injured!

Lorn drops his staff and moves toward the stairs, readying his crossbow.

The priest, with what appears to be nearly the last of his strength, strikes back at Jase with his mace, but misses.

[I'm going to start posting current injury status at the end of every round, so everyone knows who's hurt and who's not. I'm not going to post HP totals, since I feel like it's a little too metagame, but feel free to PM for your current HP, if you are unsure. Injured: Sunny, Jase, Jericho, Kolan. Uninjured: Caladar, Tana, Lorn.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:28 pm

As Sunny once again drifts closer into Bes's embrace - only now remembering that he didn't tend himself at all after the zombie's blow and not wasting his last moments of mortal life on regret for his own stupidity - he bows low to his beloved, reaches to take her hand and kiss it, vowing to serve her well - in this life - or the last - should she still have use for him there rather than here.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:48 pm

Jericho will move to the top of the staircase.

He kneels quietly beside Sunny, "Please Lord, heal my friend and ally, so that we can return health to the community"

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:59 am

"BLEED YOU SON OF A PIG" Jase screams as he hacks at the priest.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:19 pm

Tana moves to I14 holding the torch aloft and tries again to hit the man with a sling bullet.

Attack: +3
Damage: 1d4+3
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:02 pm

Attack again, only this time with stunning fist.

Attack: +2
Damage: 1d6+2
DC: Fort 12


Then, if actions allow, five foot step to N17 to allow the next in line to the top.[/i]
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:20 pm

As Jericho squeezes past Kolan to reach a place atop the pillar where he can help Sunny, the other Priest takes a swing at him. As he misses, he shouts, "Blasphemer! You are no true follower of the Lord of Disease!" Ignoring the man for a moment, Jerchico kneels to heal Sunny. [Sunny is healed 5 hp, putting him at 3]

Sunny is now conscious! [Were combat to continue, I'd give you a second action next round, but, as you'll see ...]

Kolan misses the man with his stunning punch.

Caladar continues to guard the bottom of the stairs.

Tana circles around, trying to get a clear shot with her sling, but misses again.

Jase strikes the man a mighty blow with his axe, killing him!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:40 pm

Sunny kneeling next to the dead body - gives him last right. "Dearest Beloved - since you saw fit to take this cowards life instead of my own - please see him safely deposited to the realm of (religion check to see who this guy worshiped - looking for the man's holy symbol). May his soul find more courage in the next life than he displayed in this battle."

Sunny then stands up - and turns to Jericho "Thank you, I believe I owe you my life."

He then turns back to the dead man and gives him a good solid kick. "That's for the sneak attacks!"

"Ooo! I wonder if this guy has any healing supplies. "
Sunny gets back down and searches the body for a healers bag, or anything else of interest.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:49 am

Tana moves to L17.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:11 am

Jericho replies to Sunny,"I am sure Bes would have looked out for you had I not been here. Good fortune it seems smiles on you."

"Before you do anything Sunny, perhaps I should check this man out. He is a worshipper of the same god as I, however his way of worship is against all I stand for. As such, he could be infected with some desease that caused his mind to go."

As long as Sunny moves back, Jericho will check the body for any healing kits as well as check to find out the identity of the man.

As a final note, Jericho will remove the holy symbol around the mans neck and whisper to him, "May Ugtargnt keep you free from desease in the next life."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:10 am

Sunny now clearly notes that the holy symbol around the man's neck is a potion bottle shaped like a "U", a symbol that should not require a religion check to recognize.

In examining the man's body and posessions, Sunny and Jericho find the following: chainmail, heavy steel shield, a heavy mace, light crossbow, 20 bolts, 4 potions, 2 scrolls, a silver statuette of a two-headed man (which Jericho immediately recognizes as a representation of Ugtargnt), and 13 gold coins.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:21 pm

"4 potions - and no healing kit? I would have thought all of yours would have kept some herbs at the very least. . . Ah well."

Try to determine the type of potions - examining them for marks or labels first - Apothecary +4.

"It does seem the my Beloved has granted me a great deal of luck lately- she's surrounded me with sure friends to protect and with by whom to be protected. Still, I wouldn't mind getting through the next scrape without taking a nap. sigh."

"Jericho - can you make anything out of those scrolls? Maybe one's a map or a missive of some type? Perhaps a clue as to who's poisoning the water down here - or a banish demon spell?"

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:56 am

"Jericho - what do you make of these?" Sunny holds up three viles of potion. Looks like a disease or poison of some type to me.

"We've also got a potion of bane - which is to say if we successfully breakit over the head of a foe - they'll be cursed with bad luck for a bit. I'll hold onto the light curative for the moment - since I'm the one who falls over near dead the most.... Unless someone needs it more than me right now?"

Anyone else want some of this cowards loot?

Sunny appraises the rest for anything of actual value - (appraise +2) - and points out the worthwhile pieces to the others.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:44 am

Caladar likewise climbs up the steps and begins examining the items Sunny and Jericho have found. Two of the items catch his eye: the mace and the silver statue.

"The statue, I'd guess, is worth about 1500 gp. If we sold it, we could split the proceeds. The mace looks particularly well-made. Not my kind of weapon, but someone could certainly make good use of it."
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Assuming Sunny lets him have a look at the scrolls, Caladar says, "I can't make heads or tails of this one, but the other is a message in High Viridian. It says 'Strike now for your god and your Emperor! Weaken the Caiths, for these lands shall be ours!'"

"If these potions are for causing disease, it seems this man must have been the source. I say we gather up the loot and haul this guy's body back to the mayor. I bet there will be a reward, in addition to what we'll get for clearing out the goblins."
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:52 pm

Jericho examines the items carefully, looking over the scrolls and potions.

"The statue is most likely just for devotions, although it is of nice quality.

This scroll is clearly magical but I can not tell much passed that. The letter sounds as if someone from the ranks amongst the nobles of the Viridian Empire. Ionly say this because High Viridian is normally only known by nobles.

The vials and potions are beyond my scope of knowledge unfortunately.

I can say this, whoever this fellow is, he is a follower of the most vile part of the followers of Ugtargnt. For there are those who believe that the disease is more important then the healing powers learned from it."

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:03 pm

"Well it seems to me the first scroll has magic of some type on it - the other - well, I'm not familiar with High Viridian- so I'll take your word for that. I suppose if noone else needs the mace, I'll hold on to it.

Hey - does this mean that we're done? No demon afterall just a bad priest deluded into thinking loyalty to his country means killing innocent townsfolk?"

Sigh

"But then, this means that there's a war brewing - he only had three more of these potions. Which to my way of thinking means that if someone is going to attack - they must be planning on doing it soon. We should purify the water here and get back to the town quickly. What say you Jericho? Do you have any purify spells handy?"

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:31 am

Tana moves towards the edge of the cavern away from the stream, looking to see how far the cavern extends. Her sling is held at ready.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:40 am

Kolan checks out the water. Where does it flow to? Does it look polluted?

He turns to the clerics, "Does anyone have the ability to purify this water? Tana should have a vial of holy water if it would help."
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:06 am

Tana moves around so that the extent of the cavern is revealed. In a far corner, she notes a large table with a large number of flasks and beakers and other odd objects.

Kolan examining the water, notes that it appears to seep up out of the cavern floor around the pillar, then flow slowly south and out of the cavern.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Tana replys, "I do have a flask of holy water if anyone thinks it will help." She then moves towards the table looking at the objects but not touching anything.

Search: +1
Spot: +3
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”