Hot on the trail

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:03 am

Yasmin breaks from the tree line and charges forward to 0906 to engage H4 with her longsword.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:57 am

Kolan moves out of the trees and punches H1. The hobgoblin, who already had an arrow sticking out of him, falls to the ground.

Yasmin breaks from the tree line and charges forward to engage H4 with her longsword. H3 slashes at her as she goes by, to no avail. Yasmin misses H4.

H2 makes a wide move around his fallen comrade, who he could easily have stepped over, to attack Kolan, but misses.

H3 strikes Yasmin with a well-placed blow from his short sword [8 hp]

H4 ignores Yasmin and attacks the slender elf, missing.

H5 circles around the melee to attack Yasmin, but her armor proves too thick for him.

H6 pulls out of combat to the far corner of the clearing.

On seeing the hobgoblins, Bram's eyes light up and he charges the nearest hobgoblin [H5]. The force of his movement behind him [skirmish], he slashes the hobgoblin cruelly across the shins. The hobgoblin is barely able to remain standing.

Jericho moves forward along the tree line and fires a crossbow bolt at H2. With all the combat surrounding the hobgoblin, Jericho's shot is not even close.

The slender elf smiles at your arrival, "Ha ha! Reinforcements! Who's ambushing who now, gobbos?" [He's speaking common now] He steps back from H4 and fires 2 quick arrows at the hobgoblin, missing twice.

Sunny begins an oratory that inspires all of you to greater courage [+1 attack and damage to all of you]

Lorn gives up the pretence of moving silently and advances, unleashing a bolt of force from his crippled hand. The bolt strikes H5, knocking him out.

Tana moves forward and attacks H3. Although the hobgoblin is surprised by her sudden and quiet emergence from the woods, it ducks her blow.

Jase leaps out of the woods, swinging his greataxe wildly [Can't charge, because the body of H5 is now in the way]. Inspired by Sunny's words, Jase hits H3 and cuts the hobgoblin down.

[Damage totals: Yasmin 8]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Yasmin steadies herself after the initial flurry of slashes subsides and with grim resolve attacks H4 with her longsword hoping to end the foul creatures life.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Tana moves to 1404 and attacks H6.

Attack: +5 (with the +1 from Sunny)
Damage: 1d6+4 (with +1 from Sunny)
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Jericho will move forward to 0806 and cast CLW on E1

OOC: I do not remember sending you spells, but would think that he should at least have one prepared.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:33 pm

klakxor wrote:OOC: I do not remember sending you spells, but would think that he should at least have one prepared.
I have you with the same as last time you prepared spells:
Detect Poison
Purify Food and Drink
Detect Magic
Mending
Cure Light Wounds x2
Magic Weapon
Summon Monster I

I would assume that Jericho always has at least one Cure spell prepared per spell level, since he can put it in his domain slot and cast the domain spell spontaneously, right?
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:53 pm

patransom wrote:
klakxor wrote:OOC: I do not remember sending you spells, but would think that he should at least have one prepared.
I have you with the same as last time you prepared spells:
Detect Poison
Purify Food and Drink
Detect Magic
Mending
Cure Light Wounds x2
Magic Weapon
Summon Monster I

I would assume that Jericho always has at least one Cure spell prepared per spell level, since he can put it in his domain slot and cast the domain spell spontaneously, right?
This list was from when we spent the night at the City, but it works just as well here.

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:09 pm

If H2 is still standing on his action

Bram moves to 806 and attackes w/ skirmish


else

Bram jumps over H1's body, going to 904 and attacking H4 w/ Skirmish.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:29 pm

With only 1/2 the players posting actions, I'm going to delay validation until Tuesday. If you can't post by then, you'll do nothing ...
Image

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:33 pm

Sorry about that;

Jase takes a step forward and swings at another wretch

Moving into 1006 (or 1106 if the body blocks me) and attacking H4

User avatar
Bazzatard
Knight
Knight
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Post by Bazzatard » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:36 am

If he is still standing, a fine mist gathers around his withered hand as Lorn begins to cast a spell (Ray of Frost), a ray shoots out of his hand at one of the hobgoblins (H2).
PerEarth: Lorn Blackhand, Wizard

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:18 pm

I too am sorry about no post.

Kolan attacks H2 with flurry of blows.

Attack: +2/+2
Damage: 1d6+3
(This includes +1 from Sunny)
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue May 01, 2007 2:45 pm

Kolan hits H2 with one of his punches, staggering the hobgoblin, but not quite killing it.

Yasmin, perhaps bothered by her wound, misses H4.

H2 misses Kolan.

H4 misses Yasmin.

H6 growls and runs straight at the slender elf, who dodges the hobgoblin easily.

Bram runs over to H2, but misses.

With Bram in his way, Jericho moves instead to the body of Elf 2. The elf awakens, still looking badly wounded, and crawls away from H4.

The slender elf steps back from H6, hitting him with two arrows in the process.

Sunny continues his speech.

Lorn's Ray of Frost misses H2.

Tana gives H4 a wide berth and attacks H6, but misses.

Jase takes a step forward and swings at H4, also missing.

[Damage totals: Yasmin 8]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Tue May 01, 2007 2:52 pm

repeat :)

If H2 is still standing on his action - Bram moves to 804 and attackes w/ skirmish


else - Bram jumps over H1's body, going to 1004 and attacking H6 w/ Skirmish.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue May 01, 2007 3:15 pm

Move to Tana and cast Magic Weapon on her.

OOC: Per the Players Handbook, a monks Unarmed Strike is considered a weapon and can be enhanced by this spell

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue May 01, 2007 3:18 pm

Tana attacks H6 with a flurry of blows.

Attack: +4/+4 (includes bonus from Sunny and Jericho)
Damage: 1d6+5 (includes both bonuses)
AC: 15 (16 against H6)

(OOC edited as Klakxor posted as I was writing mine)
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Tue May 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Yasmin softly utters a prayer under her breath and comes back swinging at H4 {using smite evil +2 attack +2 dmg}
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Tue May 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Sunny - having inspired as much courage as he thinks he can - now joins the battle.... He charges in Rapier high!

"Beloved, guide my hand to the aid of these fair folk!"

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Wed May 02, 2007 1:54 pm

Rinse and repeat.

Kolan attacks H2 with flurry of blows.

Attack: +2/+2
Damage: 1d6+3
(This includes +1 from Sunny)
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri May 04, 2007 5:28 pm

Kolan's first punch downs H2.

Yasmin utters a quiet prayer to Helm. It's clear her prayer served its purpose, as she downs the uninjured Hobgoblin with a single blow.

H6 steps away from Tana and toward the slender elf, striking him a blow to the head that knocks the archer out of combat [critical]

Bram rushes the last hobgoblin, but misses.

Jericho casts his spell on Tana.

The elf restored to some semblance of health by Jericho, shouts in common "Lyondel, no! Someone aid him." He picks up his bow and stands up from his prone position.

Sunny shouts, "Beloved, guide my hand to the aid of these fair folk!" Unfortunately, there's no clear path to the last hobgoblin for a charge [Tree trunk and people in the way], so he moves into position, should the hobgoblin last any longer. [Sunny's inspiration will last 5 more rounds.]

Lorn sits back and watches.

Tana steps after the hobgoblin, but does not hit him with either blow.

Jase does nothing, perhaps assuming things are well in hand.

[Damage totals: Yasmin 8]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Fri May 04, 2007 11:41 pm

"Ok - Then - never mind that battle. Just as well, Jase can kill these guys without me anyway. " Sunny sheathes his sword and goes to the worst wounded and begins treatment. (Cure light wounds.)

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sat May 05, 2007 8:25 am

Since there are 2 elves down, and Sunnys positioning, Jericho will call out, "Sunny, why don't you go help the skinny elf and I'll help the other"

Jericho will move to E2, and cast CLW

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sat May 05, 2007 11:07 am

Let's try that again.... Attack H6 with a flurry of blows

Attack: +5/+5 (includes bonus from Sunny and Jericho and flanking)
Damage: 1d6+5 (includes both bonuses)
AC: 15 (16 against H6)

Edited to add flanking
Last edited by Icefire on Sat May 05, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Sat May 05, 2007 11:11 am

"Picked the wrong day to go ambushin' didnt ya, gobbo!"

Forgoing skirmish, Bram takes only a 5' step to stand over the Skinny Elf as protection and flank with Tana, then attacks attacks the last Foe.


Attack +8 (inc sunny, and flank) Damage, 1d6+1
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:37 pm
Location: Irving, Texas
Contact:

Post by Icthius » Sat May 05, 2007 12:59 pm

"Looks like you hardly need my help," Jase states. "I'll take a look around for others,"

Looking around for more hobgoblins Spot: +3, Search: +0

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sun May 06, 2007 8:44 pm

Kolan moves to 0902 and attacks H6.

Attack: +3
Damage: 1d6+2
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon May 07, 2007 9:08 am

Yasmin moves forward (1004) and attacks H6 with her longsword.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”