Through the desert on a horse with no name

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
Bazzatard
Knight
Knight

Post by Bazzatard » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:55 pm

Lorn takes a closer look at the wand, hoping to discern its function.
PerEarth: Lorn Blackhand, Wizard

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Sunny manages to rouse the orc from its slumber and it stares around, wild eyed, and begins to struggle weakly against the ropes that bind it. It babbles in a language that you all assume is orcish.

The orc is completely naked, except for the ropes. There is a single waterskin among the reptilemen litter, but it is nearly empty, with only a few sips left.

Lorn, examining the wand, finds runes on it that read: "arcaniska nlgnos." [Since Lorn speaks draconic, he can go here to translate that: http://masamek.twilightrealm.com/transl ... conic.php/]

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Sunny will attempt to speak with him, first in common, then dwarven, then draconic and finally in elvish to see if any of that works.

If they find a common language he'll attempt to find out what he can about the orc army from the monster in exchange for its freedom. The whole time making sense motives checks to see if the orc is telling the truth.

Specifically he's asking where the army is heading, why they chose now to attack and take the women. what condition the women are in. How many there might be in the army.

If he gets the sense the orc is lieing, he's starts poking it with his rapier, not letting the beast fall unconcious, but allowing the pain to trail and linger and trying again.

For the sake of any opposed sense motives checks- Sunny is sincere in letting the monster go if he tells the truth and is helpful with information and has no problem killing it if he's wasting their time with ignorance or deceit.

If they can't reach a common language - he'll ask the others if they want to spend the night - so he can memorize comprehend languages in the morning, or if they should just kill it, and chow down, and then go.

"Orc is tough - but meat is meat."

Bazzatard
Knight
Knight

Post by Bazzatard » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:13 am

Lorn grins as he translates the writing. "I think I shall be keeping this," he mutters more to himself than anyone else.
PerEarth: Lorn Blackhand, Wizard

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 pm

When Sunny attempts to speak common to the orc, the orc's babbling switches from orcish to common. "Snakes! Snakes from out of the sun! Don't let them get me! Look out! A purple cactus!"

It's quite apparent the orc is delerious. Sunny's not sure what's wrong, but Jericho believes it's a result of starvation and dehydration. Jericho estimates it would take a full day, with careful feeding and watering, to get the orc in a state where it could communicate. You might be able to get the orc back to health while continuing to journey, with a horse carrying it, but it would take longer.

Lorn tucks the wand away.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:41 pm

"Sunny, this orc is of no use to us in this condition. He is not purposely fooling or decieving us. Perhaps we untie him and let him go. I do not think he is a danger to us in this condition. Let the desert either take him or let him live. Perhaps your Lady will look kindly upon him."

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:56 am

"I dont want to leave him like this, but we dont have time to babysit him.

I agree with Jericho, Untie him, maybe leave him a little water and rations, but other wise, we should keep moving."

Bram quickly double checks that all the valuables and gear are nicely stowed. then heads the the tracks and waits for the others.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:44 pm

"I agree with you unless we spend the time which we don't have. Guess it's not his lucky day. However, I doubt untying him is a good idea, in his current state he's as likely to attack us as run for his life. It would be more merciful to simply end his suffering. Still, there is always the slight chance he'll survive and not simply wander off and die or harm one of us... I don't believe it's a good idea to leave any water behind with him, unless we are going to care for him. Since we're not..."

Sunny takes out the dice from the pouch around his neck and rolls them. If the result is even, he puts them away, takes out his rapier and performs a coup de grace. If the result is odd, he puts them away and takes out his rapier and slashes the ropes enough to let the orc break free with a bit more struggle. (use rope +1)

Icthius
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icthius » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:03 pm

"I might be able to help!" Jase happily walks over to the orc, and swings his axe onto the Orc's head. "The only good Orc is a dead one. Remembering that will help you live longer."

Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Icefire » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:20 am

Tana moves to stand with Bram waiting for the others to finish with the orc.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON

Post by Tech Trooper » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:38 am

Yasmin, returns to the group from her patrol of the perimeter. Seeing the dead orc she says, "Well I guess it's time for us to be moving on then?"
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”