Out of the desert, facing some choices

Geographically, Perearth is a world with some remarkable similarities to our own. But the similarities end there.
User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:35 am

Yasmin, brings up her sword to attack the armored orc. "Help is good! Tana's hurt!" she yells out to Bram and the others.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Tech Trooper wrote:
Icefire wrote:Tana bleeds.


{OOC Best post ever :lol: :lol: :lol: }
Why thank you. :lol: It just seemed the most appropriate.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 pm

"I know, I am on my way. Just clear me a path"

User avatar
Bazzatard
Knight
Knight
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Post by Bazzatard » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:36 am

Lorn takes out his newly acquired wand and attempts to cast a spell (magic missile) at the same orc (number 8 ).
PerEarth: Lorn Blackhand, Wizard

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Sunny finishes casting his spell. A glowing badger appears next to orc 4 and attacks, hitting with a claw and a bite. The orc growls, confused by the sudden new attacker, and now badly bleeding. Sunny sits on his horse and admires the badger.

Kolan does nothing, again.

Yasmin, brings up her sword to attack the armored orc. She manages to slip her sword past the stocky orc's shield and connect with a solid blow.

Bram tumbles away from orc 8 and runs around Yasmin to attack the armored orc, hitting it solidly. He says, "Oh, arent you a nasty looking fella. Yasmin, is this soon to be dead meat sack bothering you?" Yasmin replies, "Help is good! Tana's hurt!" From a distance, Jericho shouts, "I know, I am on my way. Just clear me a path"

Jase continues to do nothing.

Lorn withdraws the wand acquired from the Reptilemen, aims it at orc 8, and speaks the command words, "Arkaniska Nlignos!" A blast of force flies from the wand, striking the orc and killing it.

Tana bleeds [now at -3]

Jericho hustles past in front of Lorn hurrying to the battle, hoping to be able to catch the fallen Tana before she expires.

Yasmin's horse begins to back away from the melee. Sunny manages to keep his from doing the same.

The armored orc steps away from Bram, between Yasmin and the fallen Tana. Instead of attacking, he stomps his feet upon the ground and a burst of force rumbles through the earth, catching Yasmin, Bram, and the badger. Yasmin and Bram both fly off their feet and land prone [1 hp nonlethal each]! The badger manages to grip the ground with its claws and remain upright.

Orc 1 runs up next to the short armored fellow and swipes at Yasmin with its falchion. Lying on the ground, Yasmin is unable to defend herself properly and takes a cut that penetrates her armor [7 hp].

Orcs 2 and 3 run at Kolan, swinging away, but both miss him.

Orc 4 also attacks the fallen Yasmin, but she manages to bring her shield up to block the swing.

Orc 5 steps up and attacks Bram, but, although lying on the ground, Bram manages to avoid the orc's falchion.

Orc 9 also picks on Yasmin, but can't manage to cut through her armor.

[Damage totals: Yasmin 13, Bram 1, Tana 19]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:01 pm

Bram tries to Stand before Yasmin, attempting to draw the attention of both Ugly #4, and Uglier #5 (provokes AoO).

Then, introduces his axe to the side of #5's face, just below the jawline.

Attack +5 - 1d6+1

"Jase, Kolan! Could use a little help over here!"
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Yasmin attempts to get on her feet and if possible swing at #1 to give him some payback.
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:14 pm

"Can someone clear me a path to Tana?"

If orc 1 is still in his location when Jericho goes, he will move to 3001.

If not, Jericho will double move to 2701 next to Tana, taking the AoO from A

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:40 pm

Kolan swings at orc2 w/ flurry of blows.

Attack: +1/+1
Damage: 1d6+2


(sorry, haven't had time in the last week to check up on board.)
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fl
Contact:

Post by Sunbolt » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:53 pm

Bad time to miss a week, I guess... sigh.

Ordering the badger to continue attacking as long as it can and knowing it won't stick around for much... grin...


Sunny prays for beginner's luck and tries to mow down the nearest orc to Tana with his horse (ride +1 I think), and will take a swipe with his mace as he goes by as well.

If he gets to Tana before Jericho - he'll dive off his horse and begin to cast his most potent healing spell.

(I'm posting more than one action - because I might miss next week too.... )

User avatar
Bazzatard
Knight
Knight
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Post by Bazzatard » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:51 pm

Lorn once again raises his wand and cries "Arkaniska Nlignos!", directing the bolt at Orc 2.
PerEarth: Lorn Blackhand, Wizard

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Sunny attempts to press his mount into running over orc 1. The horse rears and absolutely refuses to go anywhere near the orc. Sunny does manage to stay mounted, however.

The badger disappears into thin air [1 round per level ain't much, huh?]

Kolan launches a flurry at Orc 2, hitting once. The orc is battered, but does not fall.

Yasmin stands up, which gets her attacks of opportunity from the armored orc, orc 1, and orc 9. Amazingly, all of them miss. Yasmin's swing at orc 1 is also wide, however.

Bram also stands up, successfully drawing the attention of orcs 4 and 5. They both miss and Bram swats orc 5 right across the jaw, as intended. But the orc does not die.

Bram shouts, "Jase, Kolan! Could use a little help over here!" This apparently raises Jase out of his reverie. He becomes quite enraged and charges orc 2. His axe cuts right through orc 2 and into orc 3, killing them both. [Guess I'll play Jase for the time being, since I've heard nothing from Icthius and I don't want you to all get killed from being down a character]

Lorn once again raises his wand and cries "Arkaniska Nlignos!" The missile finishes off orc 4.

Tana bleeds [-4 … I'm picturing the little numbers above her head, like in the Goblins webcomic]

Jericho moves closer.

The armored orc gives an evil laugh and once again stomps his feet on the ground. Yasmin and Jericho are knocked to the ground [4 hp nonlethal each], but Bram manages to remain standing.

Orcs 1, 9, and 5 attack the prone Yasmin. Only one of them hits, but it is a cruel blow that knocks Yasmin unconscious [11 hp, now at -4, but not bleeding, thanks to the nonlethal damage]

[Damage totals: Yasmin 28, Bram 1, Jericho 4, Tana 20]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Goto down to 3004

Attack Orc 5 +5 - 1d6+1 +1d6
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Kolan moves to 3003. Single stunning fist attack on Orc4.

Attack: +3
Damage: 1d6+2
DC: 12
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Jericho will move to 2701, attempting to tumble through the space occupied by the number 1

User avatar
Bazzatard
Knight
Knight
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Post by Bazzatard » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:48 pm

Lorn moves to 3503 and casts ray of frost at orc 5.
PerEarth: Lorn Blackhand, Wizard

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:42 pm

patransom wrote: Tana bleeds [-4 … I'm picturing the little numbers above her head, like in the Goblins webcomic]
Tana bleeds some more....
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:39 pm

Sunny tries again to make his unruly horse move, to no avail. But he manages to stay mounted.

Kolan moves toward Orc 5, but misses with his stunning fist.

Yasmin lies unconscious on the ground.

Bram circles around Kolan. A less than graceful tumble attempt gets him a swat from Orc 5 as he goes [6 hp]. Bram returns the favor, collapsing the Orc's skull with his handaxe.

Jase, still angry, runs between Kolan and Bram to cut Orc 9 in half. His follow-through misses the armored orc, however.

Lorn moves forward and unleashes a ray of frost at Orc 1. The ray hits and the orc shivers.

Tana bleeds [-5]

Jericho gets up and attempts to copy Bram's manuevers and tumble right through Orc 1. He fails miserably, but manages to avoid the orc's falchion.

The armored orc grunts as he stomps his feet again. Jase and Kolan are knocked to the ground [3 hp nonlethal each], but Bram remains standing.

Orc 1 slashes Jericho brutally with his falchion [15 hp critical]

[Damage totals: Kolan 3, Yasmin 28, Bram 7, Jase 3, Jericho 19, Tana 21]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:47 pm

Kolan stands up.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Tana continues to bleed.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Unable to get "through" the orc, Jericho will move around him (taking AoO's) in hopes of reaching Tana.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 pm

patransom wrote: Tana bleeds [-5]
OOC I just came across this and it was so appropriate.... http://www.zazzle.com/Shamusyoung/produ ... 8664466502
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 pm

move to 2703 for the flank

atk +7, 1d6+1 +1d6 Damage
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Bazzatard
Knight
Knight
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Post by Bazzatard » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:00 am

Annoyed at the ray's lack of effect, Lorn once again resort to his wand, sanding a magic missile at orc 1.
PerEarth: Lorn Blackhand, Wizard

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Sunny tries again to make his horse move. This time, not only does the horse refuse, but it rears, throwing Sunny from the saddle. He lands unceremoniously on the ground and the horse backs away from the melee.

Kolan stands up.

Yasmin lies unconscious on the ground.

Bram moves around the group to attack the armored orc from behind. He whacks the orc solidly with his handaxe.

Jase brings his axe down on the armored orc's head, splitting its helmet. The orc falls to the ground, quite dead. [Critical hit for Jase]

A bolt of magical force flies from Lorn's wand, killing orc 1.

Tana stops bleeding! [remaining at -5]

With the way unobstructed, Jericho makes his way to Tana, casting a spell that brings her back to consciousness [CLW heals Tana for 11 hp, putting her at 6 hp]

With the orc squad defeated, the area now seems quiet.

[Damage totals: Kolan 3, Yasmin 28, Bram 7, Jase 3, Jericho 19, Tana 10]
Image

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:41 pm

Tana sits up and looks around before rising, still not feeling great but at least able to rise. "Thank you, Jericho," she says softly when noticing him nearby.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Post by tdsprouse » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:36 am

Bram begins to search to area while the others recouperate. looking for any clues to aid our search or anything else usefull. He'll let the others search the bodies.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Tech Trooper
BARON
BARON
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by Tech Trooper » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:38 am

{OOC - A little help here}
Grug - Half-Ogre Fighter
Sharn: The Rising Night

Plagus - Chaos Gnome Cleric/War Mage Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Yasmin - Human Paladin
Welcome to Perearth

Jax - Halfling Rogue/Beguiler/War Mage
TOS 100+

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:37 am

Jericho will move over to Yasmin and use another CLW

User avatar
Jayel
BARON
BARON
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm
Location: USA LI,NY
Contact:

Post by Jayel » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Kolan moves over to Tana to see that she is alright and also thanks Jericho for his help.
Image Kolan Torndar, Human Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Welcome to Perearth [ENDED]”